PDA

View Full Version : SBI MLS Team of the Week (Week 6) - Notice something?

Jack
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/04/mls-week-6-the-best-xi-worst-xi-and-team-of-the-week.html

Quite a week for the Reds :D

SBI MLS Team of the Week (Week 6)

Guillermo B. Schelotto------Danny Dichio-----------Chris Pontius
------------------------------Javier Morales---------------------------
Steve Zakuani--------------------------------------------Clint Mathis
------------------------------Kyle Beckerman--------------------------
Gonzalo Segares-----------Adrian Serioux--------Jhon K. Hurtado
---------------------------------Stefan Frei----------------------------
Honorable Mentions: Zach Thornton, Kasey Keller, Chad Marshall, Tyrone Marshall, Jamison Olave, Tim Ward, Rodney Wallace, Carl Robinson, Brad Evans, Jorge Rojas, Santino Quaranta, Landon Donovan, Juan Pablo Angel, Alejandro Moreno

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
wow.... that's pretty cool.

it's also pretty wild that DannyD still gets the nod despite being past his prime

Beach_Red
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
So, two of those guys are rookies picked in the draft?

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Frei, Serioux, Dichio and Robinson. Can't argue with that at all.

trane
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Well desrved, all four of them had two great games. I hope that by the end of the year both Cronin and Frie get mention of rookie of the year.

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I hope that by the end of the year both Cronin and Frie get mention of rookie of the year.

but you know what happens to Rookie of the Year winners right?

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/BUYPOD/0-587-00261-1%7EEurope-Fly-Canadian-Pacific-Posters.jpg

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I am then voting for Zakuani for ROY.......hahaha!!!!

trane
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
but you know what happens to Rookie of the Year winners right?

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/BUYPOD/0-587-00261-1%7EEurope-Fly-Canadian-Pacific-Posters.jpg

That is the down side. I have to admit.

Krasno.pL.
04-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Hey, we get money out of it. Better Be A Good Transfer Fee!!!
Unless we can sign him for a while.. lol

trane
04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
^ The money can certaily help in the long run.

Dunkers
04-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Zakuani will most likely be the ROY, he has looked really strong so far this year, a 2 goal and an assists. Great moves with the ball, nutmeged a few defenders this week.

Pontius has also had a good start to the year, hard work paid off for him this week.

I like what Frei and Cronin have brought to TFC, although Cronin will never win ROY, as his role is performed best when he is not noticed.

OBW hasnt even stepped on the pitch yet, so he should show us some good things.

I dont know about Gonzalas, as i just cant watch a Gals game this year, Landycakes pisses me off so much i would rather poke out my eyes then watch.

It should be a good race this year, deep draft (who would have thunk, its the MLS), good on Mo for snaking all those picks this year!

rocker
04-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Pontius has missed some sitters to start the season tho... chad barrett kind of misses.
he needs to calm down a bit.