PDA

View Full Version : No Standing in Section 120

C.Ronaldo
04-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Section 120 stands.

We've been standing for 3 years. b/w 50-100 of always stand

No its not a supporters section yet, but hopefully it will be soon.

Well, one ass clown one timer fan decided to tell security for us front row guys to sit down.

Security was NOT polite about it from the get go. They yelled and bossed us around. Then the fat lady cop decided to start yelling at us to, again we ignored her. Told her we'll all leave and never come back before we sit or get ejected

So we ignored them some more, since a) we arent in charge of the 50 people behind us still standing, and b) we've been standing for 3 years.

Finally we told secuirty guy one that we want to speak to his manager,
manager came, told us to be polite if asked to sit, but that he pretty much cant make 50-100 people sit during the game. He was a cool guy.
Same with fat lady cop manager, nice guy.

moral of the story, treat us nicely and understand our point of view, before blasting at us for something as minor as standing. 3

And we were all sober, which makes it even funnier if you ask me

Oblio2
04-27-2009, 12:12 PM
maybe take into account that not everyone wants to stand in non supporter areas. Ask them to swap seats with you and stand behind them?

ilikemusic
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I had seats in 120 last year.

I moved this season. It was horrible.

And I was right on the aisle next to 119 so the people in 119 are all standing, singing, having a great old time, and im stuck with my ass planted in my seat just watching other people have more fun than me.

Sitting at BMO is just a miserable experience I never plan on doing again.

jabbronies
04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
if 119 is standing, why not go in that section and trade places with someone who wants to sit?? It's only 1 section over and the sitter will be getting upgraded seats.

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Sitting at BMO is just a miserable experience I never plan on doing again.

depends where you are.

in the south stands, standing is the way to go, but if you're in the center of the field, sometimes it's nice to sit and watch the play.

denime
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Maybe you guys should stop that annoying chant "west end stand up" and they will leave you alone ;)

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe you guys should stop that annoying chant "west end stand up" and they will leave you alone ;)

zing!

and

+1

BakaGaijin
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Dumbest. Chant. Ever.

Jeffro
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
God I hate that chant....
Funny thing is 116-118 used to sing that chant, now it's just 119.... You guys know you ARE West side??

ilikemusic
04-27-2009, 01:03 PM
depends where you are.

in the south stands, standing is the way to go, but if you're in the center of the field, sometimes it's nice to sit and watch the play.

Probably.

Ive never had tickets anywhere but the south end, 105 (in season one when it was still kind of a standing section), 120 and my current 'partial-pack' in 110.

I would love to get tickets up on the second deck just to see what it's like, but theyre too pricey for my broke University ass.

Dbl_D
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
depends where you are.

thanks park... you should come sit with me one day ;) we only stand during half time...

Roogsy
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
God I hate that chant....
Funny thing is 116-118 used to sing that chant, now it's just 119.... You guys know you ARE West side??

LOL! Thats funny...

I hate that chant too...

C.Ronaldo
04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I offered to trade places, out loud.

no one wanted to trade

standing sections should be from the edge of the goal box and back, since its all still in the "cheap ticket" section

Pookie
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I brought my son to the match yesterday. Normally we "sit" in 110 but given that he is 8, he can't see very well when everyone stands.

We picked up tickets in 109 from the exchange and had no issue with security.

I found them pretty good actually. We were reminded as we found our seats that it was a "non-standing" section and accepted that as the rule. Beats standing outside the stadium.

People stood at key moments during the game... Vitti's near misses, Dichio's goal, controversial plays, etc. The chanting picked up after the goal.

It wasn't the same as 110 and I'm looking forward to being back there for Columbus so I get what you are saying.

At the same time, if the alternative is not going, I'll take a seat.