PDA

View Full Version : Question for the people that know stuff...

Jitter
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Just curious but how much was John Carver getting paid?

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
i think somewhere around $350,000 per year...

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 11:47 AM
more than me, less than Trump.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Which raises a very good point to think about...

We don't know exactly what he was getting paid, but lets say it's between $200,000 - $350,000 per year....

By all accounts he left because he was feeling "frustrated, annoyed, let down" etc...
He was disillusioned by the MLS Refs yadda yadda...

Why would he or anybody leave a job that pays somewhere in the neighborhood of a quarter of million per year without having something lined up or a game plan of some sorts...It just doesn't make sense...

My wife would kill me if i left such a job without a concrete game plan and knew where i was going to go....

I think Carver has something lined-up but he's just not saying...

sulfur
04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
$25 a game. :)

backbeat
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM

We don't know exactly what he was getting paid, but lets say it's between $200,000 - $350,000 per year....

By all accounts he left because he was feeling "frustrated, annoyed, let down" etc...

Why would he or anybody leave a job that pays somewhere in the neighborhood of a quarter of million per year without having something lined up or a game plan of some sorts...It just doesn't make sense...

My wife would kill me if i left such a job without a concrete game plan and knew where i was going to go....

or he is ok financially and is able to take some time off

FluSH
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM

Maybe it was his wife who was making the push for him to leave... regardless of gameplan

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
or he is ok financially and is able to take some time off

exactly.

I'm sure that his mortgage is paid off and he can take some time to figure out his next move.

besides, he's a coach not a diva player, so he probably doen't live too extravagant a life.

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
only thing now.......he'll have to pay to get GolTV and watch TFC.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Maybe it was his wife who was making the push for him to leave... regardless of gameplan

Would your wife push you to quit a high paying job in this market, without a concrete gameplan on your next move or a massive legitimate reason for quiting........??

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
exactly.

I'm sure that his mortgage is paid off and he can take some time to figure out his next move.

besides, he's a coach not a diva player, so he probably doen't live too extravagant a life.

HHmmm, WoW Parky, you do his banking??

I've driven by his house in Oakville, I live a couple of streets over from his place, and I can tell you that their aren't many people in the world who pay $750,000 dolllars CASH for their house...which is what his house is worth currently...it was probably worth even more when he bought it...but the market is kinda tanking at the moment...:noidea:

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
HHmmm, WoW Parky, you do his banking??

I've driven by his house in Oakville, I live a couple of streets over from his place, and I can tell you that their aren't many people in the world who pay $750,000 dolllars CASH for their house...which is what his house is worth currently...it was probably worth even more when he bought it...but the market is kinda tanking at the moment...:noidea:

It will be payed off now that he is leaving and most likely selling it. The real question is whether his England house is payed off, who knows. Even if I was rich I wouldn't pay off my mortage. That's not how Donald Trump got rich :)

FluSH
04-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Would your wife push you to quit a high paying job in this market, without a concrete gameplan on your next move or a massive legitimate reason for quiting........??

My parents moved to this country without a single job lined up. He was getting decent coin in El Salvador and we had our own Family Law Firm.

There is more to life at times than $250k a year.

JonO
04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
My parents moved to this country without a single job lined up. He was getting decent coin in El Salvador and we had our own Family Law Firm.

There is more to life at times than $250k a year.
Hmmm sounds familiar... well except the El Salvador part... ;)