PDA

View Full Version : Nice job nabbing beer chuckers

greatwhitenorf
04-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Wasn't close enough to hear what was said, but well into the second half, two wide boys were removed from well up in Sec. 219 for apparently throwing beer from another location earlier in the game.

Security obviously got them on video, tracked them down and sent up two or three security people to evict them.

Could only hear the one lout yelling 'You wanna go?! You wanna go?!' and getting indignant about being accused.

Not sure what was said, but they were removed, toting near-full beer cups, without further incident - tricky area for a tussle - and, as we were leaving, fans seated near it said the security guys were very patient, soft-spoken and professional about the whole deal.

Job well done.

Fort York Redcoat
04-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Kudos. Some don't see the difference from their own noise and what we try to do.

Darlofletch
Wasn't close enough to hear what was said, but well into the second half, two wide boys were removed from well up in Sec. 219 for apparently throwing beer from another location earlier in the game.

Security obviously got them on video, tracked them down and sent up two or three security people to evict them.

Could only hear the one lout yelling 'You wanna go?! You wanna go?!' and getting indignant about being accused.

Not sure what was said, but they were removed, toting near-full beer cups, without further incident - tricky area for a tussle - and, as we were leaving, fans seated near it said the security guys were very patient, soft-spoken and professional about the whole deal.

Job well done.

Good to hear.

NateDoGG
i will NEVER understand, why would u throw ur 10 dollar beer away? and WHY would u throw it in the first place? i mean use ur voice, verbally bash the ref or player, do not throw shit at them...

not to mention if ur throwing it from way up there ur gonna get it all over the fans anyways, lmfao

TFC Cityboy
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
good to hear - true test of whether we have turned the corner on this BS will be during a poor display/ critcial bad call by ref

Artur3575
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I have no problem with security this year upgrade over last...

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I've been VERY angry before, and wanted to throw things, but that's when the adult voice in my head kicks in and says "no, that's a bad idea". Some people need to listen to that voice more often.

Vancity RED
04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Sadly, some people just don't have that adult voice. In fact, there are some who have a different voice that says "yes, that's a good idea."

flatpicker
04-27-2009, 12:11 PM
^ someone needs to beat that voice out of their heads!

sulfur
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
At the end of yesterday's game, I talked briefly with the security guy in 112 and Fabio, the "guest services" guy, and thanked them for their quick response with the flare guys on Wednesday, and thanked them for their attitude in the section.

When Dichio put in the goal, people went nuts, out into the aisles, jumping up and down, etc, and the security and guest services people stepped back, staying out of the way, but kept an eye on things, in case something happened.

The response from both was appreciative of the efforts that we've put in to try to work with them, and the security guy did say that they were pleased at the reception from the supporters and fans to the changes made.

flatpicker
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I was wondering after the game last night if any beers got thrown because I didn't see any.

I thought,"This might be a first... how nice!"

But sadly, it's seems beer did get tossed... but I'm happy the idiots were tossed as well.

It's getting better...

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 12:41 PM
someone hit me with a smartie...........hahaha!!!!

I want revenge!!!!

Krasno.pL.
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
anyone see the WHOLE role of toilet paper thrown at that linesman hahah
classic

Dioncarlyle
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
There are always a few in the crowd that make the rest of us look bad.

elvis
04-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Didn't see any beer tossed myself but glad to hear people who did got nabbed.

Pookie
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Great news.

I wonder what the punishment was... just ejection? I'd love to see the tickets removed and a stadium ban in place.

Big Bruva
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I could see some officers going up in the stands from where i was sitting in section 125, was it that?

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Good !!!!! i'm sick of this beer throwing shit. how can u disrespect or own field like that

Redcoe15
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
They should turn the beer tossers over to KD so that he can make an example of them! ;) :devil:

Shakes McQueen
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
classic

Yeah I saw that, haha. It would have been funnier if he got hit in the back of the head with it.

- Scott

Yohan
04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah I saw that, haha. It would have been funnier if he got hit in the back of the head with it.

- Scott
lol! i forgot about that. it was deffo a wtf moment

InTheCrowd
04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Somebody was to poor to afford streamers so they just tiefed some toilet paper from a public washroom.

RedWookie
04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
people are stupid. Instead of throwing a beer just give me 15$

TFC Via Buffalo
04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Didn't see any beer tossed myself but glad to hear people who did got nabbed.

Same here. I didn't think about it until I saw this thread, which is great. Hope this stays the status quo with keeping it to streamers and, apparently, TP.

Derko
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
^ someone needs to beat that voice out of their heads!

Or better yet give them a hard smack round the ear!!

grizzle
04-27-2009, 09:59 PM
i will NEVER understand, why would u throw ur 10 dollar beer away? and WHY would u throw it in the first place? i mean use ur voice, verbally bash the ref or player, do not throw shit at them...

not to mention if ur throwing it from way up there ur gonna get it all over the fans anyways, lmfao

Definitely agree... I hope they get rid of all of these idiots and ban them permanently from the stadium.

Stencils
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
To me, most if not all of the object throwing is simply a matter of people who drink too much and can't handle themselves.

Has anyone ever been 'cut off' from buying beer at BMO (65th minute notwithstanding)?

nummer20
04-28-2009, 10:46 AM
classic

I was sitting right behind the kid who threw it in 119 lol
He tried to hit Lopez with it on a corner kick too. It was funny cause it didn't unravel at all, just a big block of toilet paper.

On a more serious note, yeah the shit throwing has been getting out of hand. At end of the Dallas game, some idiot threw a container of salsa and sour cream in 225... got all over people's clothes and someone's hair.

Pookie
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
To me, most if not all of the object throwing is simply a matter of people who drink too much and can't handle themselves.

I can't buy that. People drink at all sporting events. Name another team in this city that has an ongoing issue with beer/object throwing?

For that matter, name another team in any other city in US or Canada in any other sport that has this as an ongoing issue.

Maybe there is one... can't think of it though.