PDA

View Full Version : In Cummins We Trust!

sidney
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
....give him a good go MoJo!

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I certainly support giving him the job for a while, to see how he does with it.

- Scott

Limani_Ole
04-26-2009, 06:36 PM
How did putting your trust in a coach work for u last time... Let them win something before using the trust word

sidney
04-26-2009, 06:38 PM
call me gullible, but I trust Cummins.

Krasno.pL.
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Cummins seeems more adept to this team :D
Give him the job for the year.. and see what happends :D

Dirk Diggler
04-26-2009, 06:41 PM
I trust Cummins more than Carver ... although I still wouldn't be purchasing a "In Cummins We Trust" scarf anytime soon.

kshep
04-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure if I trust Cummins, I sure as hell felt more comfortable with him on the sidelines today then I would have been with Carver.

Cummins seems to have much better technical coaching skills then Carver showed us, great sub choices, plus his calmness on the sidelines is reassuring to me for some reason. I think his calm approach lends to keeping the side calm during the match, rather than frazzled by your coach screaming nonsense at the 4th official all match.(which really must take away from your ability to watch the match and make adjustments as needed.)

I'd hope Mo at least makes Cummins caretaker until the end of the season and goes from there, If the side continues it good form and shows growth under Cummins it will be hard for Mo not to get his name on a contract.

ilikemusic
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I hope this whole incident has taught some of the more vocal supporters a lesson.

Support for the team is one thing (and IMO the only thing).

Support for individuals should require time and commitment.

Carver wasnt here one season and people were already treating him like he himself was the embodiment of football in Toronto.

You dont need to treat the head coach like a god to show your support.

ballerz
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
We sucked the joint out the first half and he must have said something to give the boys the spark.

fetajr
04-26-2009, 07:02 PM
i'm not drinking the cool-aid yet...just gonna wait and see. So far so good though, TFC is playing much better, more organized, and is putting more that 3 passes together on any given play...now they just need to focus on finishing...fuck, if they could only finish their chances alot better

trane
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Cummins so far so good, I would not be opposed to give him a chance to make this his team. But as ilikemucis hinted lets not get into the in Cummins we trust, at least untill he has done something to earn our trust.

Limani_Ole
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
yeah.. in Results I Trust

sidney
04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
...well said (various above)...I said "give him a go"...not give him a long-term contract. During the game he seems calm, cool, collected (more so than either MoJo or Carver on the sidelines), and at this time it would seem to me that this (non-emotional-rollercoaster) steady hand is what's needed for our lads (ever-growing in confidence)...and as far as "results" go; well 2 and 0 ain't so bad now is it?

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
A couple of more solid performances, and I think he will have earned himself the balance of this season, to test his mettle at the job.

Giving him a longer term right now, based on one win as coach, and one win where we suspect he might have maybe had a lot to do with the result, isn't really a substantial portfolio.

- Scott

napoli73
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I hope Mo announces that Cummins will coach for the rest of the year and not that hes bringing someone in...I just watch the post game conference and he seems to know how to make this team click.

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
He seems like a level headed guy. His post game comments about how he asked Barrett to play wider to give Vitti more space, seemed to indicate he has a good tactical mind.

I'm sure he's just as passionate as JC, just more level headed. He's a DD fan for sure, which is nice to see & hear

mclaren
04-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I'd be careful about giving Cummins the job. It's a difficult situation but it's very easy to get carried away after a few games. Sunderland did the same with Ricky Sbragia and look where we are now. Just a thought, nothing against him.

Kooper
04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
2 wins it is time for a t-shirt and banner!

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I trust a coach until he gives me a reason not to trust him. So far, I can't complain. We are 2 and 0 with him on the sidelines. That's enough for me to trust him as our coach.

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM
He could be the 2nd coming of Sir Alex, but, we're still razor thin at the back. That needs to be shored up, if Serioux, or Velez go down we're shakey & all of a sudden the coach would get the blame. Don't say Harmse is capable of playing there 'cause he's not.

We still need a bit more quality depth

Waggy
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
How did putting your trust in a coach work for u last time... Let them win something before using the trust word

Well, he is 2-0! To be honest, what a coach has done in the past is a nice thing, but really has no impact. Every coach should be given a blank slate upon arrival

Except Dale Mitchell

trane
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
It is not just the win, their play is much better. However, I hope that we do not see any In Cummins We Trust just yet. He gets us in the playoffs and playing at this level consistently I will change my mind.

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 08:28 PM
It is not just the win, their play is much better. However, I hope that we do not see any In Cummins We Trust just yet. He gets us in the playoffs and playing at this level consistently I will change my mind.

His fate & that of the team will depend on two things.

1. How well the horse that is DD holds up physically, we're a different team when he plays.

2. How well our back line holds up, especially the middle, we have no quality cover.

Either one of those two goes in the toilet, then we'll struggle.

flatpicker
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
All I know is I really enjoyed watching the post game press conference.

He's an entertaining guy and very engaging.

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM

That's a plus for sure, we'll see how he handles adversity soon enough. He's a likeable chap for sure

egoodwin
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
you should cross out Carver and write in Cummins on those scarves

Mikey
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
The only thing I know for sure is: Dont trust the shite posted on internet forums. take it for what it is, armchair experts under no pressure.

swan
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM

he sure likes to say fantastic a lot and all i could think of is the special one

sidney
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
The only thing I know for sure is: Dont trust the shite posted on internet forums. take it for what it is, armchair experts under no pressure.

and your shite don't smell?

Hustle
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
and I thought JC was a good communicator.....Cummins is even better. I think he has the interim job locked, so lets see what happens...

sidney
04-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Seems like it's become at least semi-official that Cummins/Daso will be the interim coaches (however long "interim" is anyway, even though and surprisingly MoJo said, "for the remainder of the season") according to this in today's Globe and Mail (see excerpt/quotes just below). But will this be/should this interim period be for 2 weeks, 1.5 months, or for the remainder of the season? I'm guessing it will all be (and imo should be) based on results. What do you all think?

"....one of the two assistants will be handed the reins for the remainder of the season.
"We're not looking at any candidates," Johnston said in dismissing talk of bringing in an outsider. "If you see speculation that's all it is, because at the end of the day these guys will be coaching the team on an interim basis.
"We've spoken to Chris, we've spoken to Daso. We'll make a decision on Tuesday."
Cummins is certainly excited by the possibility of taking over.
"I'd be silly to say no, I don't," Cummins said when asked if he was interested. "I've come over [from England], and this is a fantastic club.""

see full article at: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090427.TFC27ART2257/TPStory/?query=cummins )