PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Vitti

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Pablo Vitti!!!:)

Today's game really showed how good Vitti is, him and Danny Dichio seam to have good thing going on here and on todays performance Vitti will be scoring alot of goals for TFC.

Pablo should have scored 3 or 4 goals today, a great finish on the offside goal pitty he was booked for taking his shirt off.:D

JJSFC
04-26-2009, 06:06 PM
He is due a goal, and as soon as he gets one, he wont stop scoring.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I personally thought he looked rough in the first half, but yes, he was much better in the second.

- Scott

Krasno.pL.
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Great Talent
Needs to FINISH!
It Shall Come...

TFCmatty
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm loving Vitti up front with Barrett and Dichio, they seem to work so well with eachother and have great understadning of eachothers abilities

SanStarko
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I personally thought he looked rough in the first half, but yes, he was much better in the second.

- Scott

Yeah, he looked off his game in the first half, but second half he really came into it. Looked determined that he would score in the second half and showed some great play at times.

Redpunkfiddle
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes, the first half he had some glaring turnovers and not so great movement, but the second half was much brighter.

Some yobs near me decided that their job for the game was to give Vitti stick through that very second half when he was playing well.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Vitti's finishing touch could have been better, but this guy is really showing his talent. He can play, that's for sure.

yellowfellow
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
When DeRo comes back, Barrett should be on the bench.

fetajr
04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Vitti demonstrated what he's capable of, he turns 24 in july and just getting started in MLS. Things are looking good with him, .... with those chances, the goals will come.

trane
04-26-2009, 07:06 PM
He was in my end in the first half, and his touch and game was off, but he did great in the second, he could be the best Second Striker in the MLS. Clearly he needs to prove that he can do that consistently. His miss was by inches, as was the offside, at least from my vantage point. It was good to see the passion when he though he had scored the first goal.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM
He was in my end in the first half, and his touch and game was off, but he did great in the second, he could be the best Second Striker in the MLS. Clearly he needs to prove that he can do that consistently. His miss was by inches, as was the offside, at least from my vantage point. It was good to see the passion when he though he had scored the first goal.

I agree with all of this, trane.

- Scott

ballerz
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Vitti always hustles. I think he is still getting used to Toronto, his teammates, and our plastic pitch. Now if only Cummins gives him the start every game, I would not count him out for 10 goals this season. He just needs one to get started.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-26-2009, 07:12 PM
He was a monster today! he created a shitload of problems for KC!!

He also just kept pouring it on, never giving up!!

greatwhitenorf
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Trane, As Associate Vice-President of Salient Observations From the Upper West Side, I concur

Get In There
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
What I liked was that the chances he missed he mostly created for himself.

After dribbling through the whole defense he tries to angle the right post as opposed to blindly hammering on net - he's quality.

B

Ageroo
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
He is my new hero...so much hustle on him. I can't wait until he gets his first. Hopefully against Columbus!

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 07:21 PM

Today's game really showed how good Vitti is, him and Danny Dichio seam to have good thing going on here and on todays performance Vitti will be scoring alot of goals for TFC.

Pablo should have scored 3 or 4 goals today, a great finish on the offside goal pitty he was booked for taking his shirt off.:D

Great player, great skill, hard as nails & very direct. DD & Vitti a match made in heaven.

S_D
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Loved what I saw from Vitti.

Vitti was getting marked very well in the first half and I am not sure if he knew what to do lol.

It seemed that as soon as he got the ball he had 2-3 guys on him and he couldn't really go anywhere. During the second half he wasn't marked as much and I am not sure why the KC players stopped it. As soon as they laid off he played much better.

profit89
04-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Vitti is awesome

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Can't wait to see him get his first goal. Saw some great flashes of passion from him today, including when he thought he scored. I like that kind of stuff.

- Scott

rocker
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
he has one level of effort (very high). he just loves to compete and doesn't seem to slow down .. even if calls go against him, he dusts himself off and gets back to work, rather than strolling around in disappointment.

He also has glue on his boots. Sometimes I'm amazed he still comes away with the ball in a battle.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
He adds the flair and skill one would expect from an Argie, and his movement and work rate are great. I love the way Vitti plays, and the goals will come.

Nuvinho
one word..........nutmeg!!

TFC_Toon
I was so hoping he would bag one today, looked good coming forward and is a danger man for us.

Well done Pablo!

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
It's a shocker to me a guy like this has been on the bench since the beginning of the seaosn. Particularly when the problem we had is that we were playing lack-luster. Since Vitti has been playing, the team's energy is up by a mile, it's no coincidence. I had goose bumps as he slashed through three defenders, too bad he didn't finish that one or the stadium erupts.

Anyhow, he will get his goal. He wants it bad!!! I don't care of Dero is back next week, you cannot sit this man. Somebody else has to sit.

LucaGol
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
The first long run he made, that would have blown the non-existent roof off BMO.

He just slid it by the goal .. it was agonizing, but so exciting.

It was as Craig Forrest likes to say a "World Class" run that needed finishing.

Ageroo
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
one word..........nutmeg!!

Tell me about it....when I saw that I was going bananas! No space and so much creativity! :D

billyfly
04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I felt like we needed that 2nd goal tonight and it sucked that Vitti couldn't get it for us. No matter. Get em next time Pablo.

nfitz
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Ah, interesting thread. I was sitting in 104, and with Vitti right in front of me for most of the first half, I really wasn't that impressed; but he's the furthest player from me in the second half ... guess it was a good day to be sitting in SW corner instead of the NE.

Nuvinho
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM
only one bad thing: He pulled a cunny.......took his shirt off after scoring an offside goal.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-26-2009, 09:02 PM
He work's hard off the ball and make's good run's.I like what i see from him so far, just hope to see him put one in the back of the net

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Ah, interesting thread. I was sitting in 104, and with Vitti right in front of me for most of the first half, I really wasn't that impressed; but he's the furthest player from me in the second half ... guess it was a good day to be sitting in SW corner instead of the NE.

I agree he didn't have a great 1st half, but he really came into his own in the second.

ExiledRed
04-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Excellent on the ball, great football IQ, pace, speed, stamina, passion.

No finishing move.

If he had, he'd be too good for this league. I'm routing for him to score though, he's very entertaining to watch.

Fushida
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
He was horrible in the first half, overplayed and didn't seem to have any motivation.

But oh man the second half was amazing.... I was cheering for that second chance he had where he nutmegged a guy and beat another. From my vantage point in 105 I couldn't see clearly but was cheering already thinking it was a goal.. too bad it didn't go in and looked a fool myself :D

Nodoubtguy
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
wow....just wow

I think he has so much talent and potential to score quite a few.

Jack
04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Excellent on the ball, great football IQ, pace, speed, stamina, passion.

No finishing move.

If he had, he'd be too good for this league. I'm routing for him to score though, he's very entertaining to watch.
This is probably the right assessment.

Man the guy was good in the second half today!

Also, coming off an injury (I still think he had something, note he dropped the knee brace a couple of games ago). Seems like his confidence is coming back and he has learned that the refs don't fall for dives (by TFC players anyway) so he's staying on his feet for the most part and keeping the play alive. The last thing to come back should be the final touch (I hope) as sometimes that's the hardest thing to recapture. If he can do that...well...WOW.

Maybe now some of you bastards will learn my Pablo Vitti song in Spanish :D

grizzle
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Vitti was awsome today! Great player!

Roogsy
04-26-2009, 09:34 PM
It's a shocker to me a guy like this has been on the bench since the beginning of the seaosn. Particularly when the problem we had is that we were playing lack-luster. Since Vitti has been playing, the team's energy is up by a mile, it's no coincidence. I had goose bumps as he slashed through three defenders, too bad he didn't finish that one or the stadium erupts.

Anyhow, he will get his goal. He wants it bad!!! I don't care of Dero is back next week, you cannot sit this man. Somebody else has to sit.

Agreed.

I've been screaming for Vitti to get minutes for weeks. Last week he was causing opponents problems and this week was more of the same.

No goals but he was drawing defenders and creating chances. I love watching him play.

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I've been saying VD up front for weeks

wzhxvy
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
What I liked was that the chances he missed he mostly created for himself.

After dribbling through the whole defense he tries to angle the right post as opposed to blindly hammering on net - he's quality.

B

Absolutely agree. He did miss some chances but unlike Barrett, he created something from nothing several times...I am confident he will score...and once he does, watch out. I do have to admit the him taking his shirt off play was funny...

Jack
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I still think he might not have been 100% fit. You don't wear a knee brace like that as a fashion statement.

giambac
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM

yes and carve rhad both of them pegged to the bench.
What a releif he is now gone.....

Darlofletch
04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm still not convinced. He was definitely better in the second half after a poor firstand that would have been a briliant goal if it had gone in, but if Barrett had missed all the chances Vitti missed today, he'd be getting massive amounts of stick.

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm still not convinced. He was definitely better in the second half after a poor firstand that would have been a briliant goal if it had gone in, but if Barrett had missed all the chances Vitti missed today, he'd be getting massive amounts of stick.

Well there's a reason for it. Barrett has missed a total of 12299490238477464983219837474 chances with TFC. It's all about perspective.

Roogsy
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM

You act like Barrett got stick because he was missing chances in one game alone.

Jack
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey giambac, keep the Carver stuff to one thread, please! No use pissing on him anymore, he's gone!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Vitti was a beast, give him time he's gonna be killing it

Gixmo
04-26-2009, 10:10 PM
The guy has the ball attached to his laces.. He dances defenders with ease and still comes up with the ball.....

.... he's a bit light on the finishing, however when he scores I have a feeling it'll be rainin' on him for some time.

TheKing7
04-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Great to see his skill on the ball, hes always drawing in 2-3 defenders and creating space the rest of the lads. Dangerous with the ball and not to mention a workhorse off the ball!

FluSH
04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
one of my favourite all time games at BMO Field... we only scored once... but did Vitti ever make it exciting!!!

Hustle
04-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Vitti was on point today...what a team effort by everyone....glad to see he is working well with Barrett.

Big Bruva
04-27-2009, 12:20 AM

- Scott

You thought right, he did not have a great game bt had a good second half.

Inklink
04-27-2009, 12:42 AM
only one bad thing: He pulled a cunny.......took his shirt off after scoring an offside goal.

I think he knew he was offside. But just wanted to practice his celebration :) :p:D

Daveisonfire
04-27-2009, 12:57 AM
If he finds his finishing touch and he keeps his second half form up, I wouldn't hesitate to use our DP spot to keep him here. If it ever came to that.

Nodoubtguy
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
just watching the highligts again.....that run from Vitti where he just missed the right post.....wow!!! I didn't realize just how close that was to going in.

Roogsy
04-27-2009, 10:52 AM
The highlights are full of Pablo's runs. It was beautiful. He will start bagging them soon enough, I know it.

JonO
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
You thought right, he did not have a great game bt had a good second half.
Agree with this... I'm glad I'm not the coach or I may have pulled him at the half. It seems like someone lit a fire under him when he had the goal disallowed though and was awesome after that... Maybe he needs to play angry??

cmonyoureds
04-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Well there's a reason for it. Barrett has missed a total of 12299490238477464983219837474 chances with TFC. It's all about perspective.

PLEASE, the perspective is that he has as much to show for his starts and subs as Barrett does, maybe less.
This guy had a bum first half and a decent second half and already we want to start the love in?????
I don't think he plays half as well if Dichio and Barrett aren't out there making space for him.

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
AND he saved us defensively once or twice too yesterday.

MartinUtd
04-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Put me in the Vitti bandwagon for now. I've been really positive about him since his arrival and especially so since he's getting regular playing time and putting the ball on net.

One thing that concerns me though is that he seems awfully selfish at times. If he's within 25 yards of the goal line he aint passing that ball. It's still early though and that could be chalked up to a lack of chemistry with the rest of the team.... still worrisome though.

jwfm1985
04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I would actually say the opposite. Maybe not as much last night, but definitely in the other games he was playing I found myself wishing he would take the chance rather than pass it off.

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 11:27 AM

that's fair, but at least Barrett has scored a few for us. I'd also agree that if one of them has to be dropped for De Ro, it should be Barrett.

But I just don't think there should be such a big difference in people's perception of the two of them. The last two games the front 3 has looked great and sure Vitti's been a big part of that, but so has Barrett.

I'd be loathe to split the front 3 up, and given that De Ro's best position is attacking midfielder, to me 2+2= Guevara sits.

The best adjective I can think of for vitti's last 2 games, playing hard, creating chances, looking exciting but also frustrating and not quite convincing, and missing a bunch of chances, it's Barrettesque.

I get that people's patience with Barrett has snapped and it's going to take a few goals to get the benefit of the doubt again, but what exactly has Vitti done that's different, and when will people's patience with him snap?

I'll stop now, because this combined with what i wrote in the post game thread makes it seem like i have a man crush on Barrett, which isn't the case, i just think he's not quite getting a fair shake right now.

MartinUtd
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I would actually say the opposite. Maybe not as much last night, but definitely in the other games he was playing I found myself wishing he would take the chance rather than pass it off.

You're right. I can't count how many times over the past two years I've yelled something along the lines of "TAKE THE #$%&ing SHOT" so it's probably better to have someone that will do just that.

Jack
04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
The things that Vitti did yesterday (the near miss and dribbling two defenders, keeping the ball and getting the shot off) are things that no one else on our team can do and Barrett would never be able to do. That's why I feel different about him. I love Barrett's tenacity and his wheels, but Vitti's skill level on the ball is way higher.

LucaGol
04-27-2009, 11:59 AM
The things that Vitti did yesterday (the near miss and dribbling two defenders, keeping the ball and getting the shot off) are things that no one else on our team can do and Barrett would never be able to do. That's why I feel different about him. I love Barrett's tenacity and his wheels, but Vitti's skill level on the ball is way higher.

You know what though ... in fairness to Barrett, he's not shy to take on a defender. Not in the way that Vitti runs at the defense, but in the way that he was consistently taking it to the by-line, beating his defender, and delivering some dangerous back post crosses. He wasn't as clumsy yesterday with the ball at his foot then in earlier games.

Jack
04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
You know what though ... in fairness to Barrett, he's not shy to take on a defender. Not in the way that Vitti runs at the defense, but in the way that he was consistently taking it to the by-line, beating his defender, and delivering some dangerous back post crosses. He wasn't as clumsy yesterday with the ball at his foot then in earlier games.
For sure. I see some good things in Barrett, just not his finishing :p

If he could learn to cross a bit better, he could be quite dangerous from out there. I bet it's not a part of his game he's worked on as much in the past, but maybe he should start doing it more.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM
vitti was amazing!!!!

also id like to give a shout out to! VELEZ!!! he was a rock back there today! He's becoming a great asset at the back!...SERIOUX....has defintly done wonders for his game!!

Talorcan
04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
I sit front row 118 and got the whole show.
incredible display and once he starts scoring he has the feel about him he won't be stopping at one a game.
My worry is MLS hackers will start pounding him since no ref seems to make a call in our favour.

fetajr
05-01-2009, 08:49 AM
ko-uDwZqLO8

jloome
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
ko-uDwZqLO8

And suddenly the early hype is explainable......

Needs the finish back.

pekduck
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
sO26kpXXdGI

Oldtimer
05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Vitti has some serious skills. The only question is why he hasn't found the back of the net yet? My suspicion is that he needed to adjust to MLS/Turf, he had a knee injury at the beginning, and it is only now that he is getting serious playing time. I expect we'll see some "gols" soon.

LucaGol
05-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Vitti has some serious skills. The only question is why he hasn't found the back of the net yet? My suspicion is that he needed to adjust to MLS/Turf, he had a knee injury at the beginning, and it is only now that he is getting serious playing time. I expect we'll see some "gols" soon.

+1.

Ball was getting stuck in his feet a few times last game. That's of a direct result of playing on the rubber stuff.

Commie Red
05-01-2009, 11:56 AM
He's done the full splits twice on that turf.

brad
05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
He's done the full splits twice on that turf.

I really wonder if he'll be slide tackling at all this match - I'm sure he had some nice rug burn after last week.

joel
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
+1.

Ball was getting stuck in his feet a few times last game. That's of a direct result of playing on the rubber stuff.

I agree, that seemed to be the main issue he was having, the ball was not moving the way he expected.

KRO
05-01-2009, 12:15 PM
It seems to me that Argentinian players generally fall into two distinct groups.

There are the divers and whiners (Schelotto and Mascherano are two good examples).

Then there are the guys like Tevez who jump up when they are knocked down and try to get the ball back. From what I have seen of Vitti so far he is more like Tevez and that can only be a good thing.

BRed
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
It was just one game against Kansas...let's see how he does on Saturday. If he consistently plays like that then I will label him 2nd most valuable player behind MARVELLOUS MARVIL WYNNE!!!!

Jack
05-01-2009, 01:20 PM
It seems to me that Argentinian players generally fall into two distinct groups.

There are the divers and whiners (Schelotto and Mascherano are two good examples).

Then there are the guys like Tevez who jump up when they are knocked down and try to get the ball back. From what I have seen of Vitti so far he is more like Tevez and that can only be a good thing.
Remove the word "Argentinian" and replace it with the word "football" and it becomes even more true.

KRO
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Remove the word "Argentinian" and replace it with the word "football" and it becomes even more true.

Good point Jack. The only reason that I picked out Argentinians is that I wanted to compare Vitti to some of his countrymen.

ACSertL
05-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Good point Jack. The only reason that I picked out Argentinians is that I wanted to compare Vitti to some of his countrymen.

Then you must add Martin DeMechelis to this list as well ...the good list I mean :)