Hooligan69
04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Wooooooooooooo.

1-0 victory for TFC. Good stuff.

NateDoGG
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
vitti showed flashes of brilliance today
dichio proves once again why he is mr clutch
great game, great win, we dont need cry baby carver!
cummins looked very comfortable on the sidelines today

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I was really impressed with John Carver today. A well organized team, ball on the floor, solid defence and intelligent substitutions. It was almost like a whole new coach.

Also, we had better get ready for a new keeper next year.

shwade
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
^^Cummins

TFC07
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Great result but TFC needs to do a better job of defending in last 10 mins + stoppage time. Also we need to do a better job of converting our chances.

Cashcleaner
04-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I was really impressed with John Carver today. A well organized team, ball on the floor, solid defence and intelligent substitutions. It was almost like a whole new coach.

Also, we had better get ready for a new keeper next year.

Are you trying to be sarcastic, or have you really not heard the news? :D

Hooligan69
04-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I was really impressed with John Carver today.

Say what?

kitchener-TFC
04-26-2009, 06:06 PM
3 Points!

dantdot
04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Few more goals would have been nice...but 3 pts!

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
OK, no sarcasm. I thought it was a very enjoyable game of soccer: ball on the floor, good atmosphere, some nice individual plays on both ends and a good ebb and flow. Frei is a star, Robinson was great, hell everyone was really good.

SanStarko
Good stuff again today. Robbo was fantastic, surely the man of the match.

We're creating a lot of chances playing in this system, can't help but feel that we're going to give some team a real thumping soon if we can keep playing like that.

NateDoGG
Are you trying to be sarcastic, or have you really not heard the news? :D

that would be too funny if he didnt hear about jc, lol
if u watched the game u would know...

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
I'd like to also compliment the Gol PbP guy, he calls a nice game and actually does some research on the league.

manic.street.preacher
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
frei, robbo, and dichio were the three stars for me today ... and today was the first time i actually have good things to say about vitti, he was hellbent on scoring and actually made second efforts

lips
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:canada::canada::canada::pbjtime: :pbjtime::pbjtime:

napoli73
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Very good win! I like this line up and like the changes taking out an attacking mid for a defensive mid is something we wouldn't have seen from Carver which was the cause of so many late goals....Great job to the boys and Cummins and staff

Krasno.pL.
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Great Game Boys.
Pablo is awesome. just needs to finish! .. Brilliant..
someone let us know about MOJO's Press Conference

TFCmatty
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
A solid performance all around, flashes of brilliance upfront, strong in the midfield, and solid at the back....

It would have been nice to convert on another of our chances for a little breathing room, but at the end of the day 3 points in the bag and top of the east we go....

Also Frei played exceptionally well, what a quality draft pick he's proving to be!

kodiakTFC
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
we're first in the east!

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Another excellent performance bye the starting 11, i personally like this starting 11 it seams this group of players are ALL on the same page.

The 3 striker set-up is working and moving Chad Barrett to the far left has made all the difference for Dichio and Vitti showing there magic!

Vitti played his best game so for and i can see the goals coming for him, also i thought Robinson played his best game for TFC today winning every ball in the mid field.

Stefan Frei made the save of the game just before halftime which really was the difference in the game.

With the team looking good is there room for De Ro ?:rolleyes: Were 2-0 with out him ;)

Well were in first place:) and the Crew are here next week bringthem on!!

S_D
04-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Good substitutions from Cummins today.

I know a few of you were worried about Harmse coming in but he played OK, didn't get any cards and cleared the ball a few times.

Inklink
04-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Great game :)!

Now what do we do with DeRo?

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd like to also compliment the Gol PbP guy, he calls a nice game and actually does some research on the league.
=========
SI top marks for the guy

like the young lady as well (Andi ):D

WHITEY
04-26-2009, 06:20 PM

DeRo starts...he has to, doesn't he?:noidea:

S_D
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM

sit Barrett ;)

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM

=========
now thats million dollar question?

Leave him on the bench? or play him?:noidea::D

napoli73
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM

Dero for Barrett...Barrett on the bench as a sub for Dichio or Vitti

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Presser on Gol w/ Cummins and Johnston:

Cummins: tough game against top team. Lots of chances, can improve on finishing, Vitti is just getting used to the pitch and pace. Happy about all chances being created.

Cummins: Good pros can play in any formation, takes some time to gel, get fitness levels up. Pablo is a bright footballer, good linker. Dichio went 90, wasn't even thinking of taking him off. Chad was asked to play wider in the 2nd half to make space for Pablo and Amado, made all sorts of problems in the second half.

Cummins: Three weeks ago we were disappointed, we haven't done anything yet, happy about being in first. 3 games in seven days, looking to freshen up, but lads look good physically.

Cummins: Been unlucky on some goals, e.g. Arnaud, like clean sheets, Adrian hasn't trained in a week, played well, Frei made big saves. Brennan had a fantastic game. Solid game defensively.

Cummins: Velez has so many options in this formation, are you going to keep it? Robinson is helping Cronin very well. 1st half we overplayed, KC were setting traps, we were playing in the wrong areas, second half we opened it up, helped the midfield open up, Robinson and Cronin cover well.

Cummins: Chad wanted a standing ovation from the crowd! (joke) He cramped up, the way he ran and chances he created were great.

Cummins: This is a fantastic club, players reacted well on the field, showed good character.

OK, I gotta get some supper going, someone else can watch the rest.

Dirk Diggler
04-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Dero in for Barrett ... easy solution.

manic.street.preacher
04-26-2009, 06:23 PM
sit Barrett ;)
^agreed

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2009, 06:24 PM

Are you implying that we might have "depth?"

What is this thing called "depth?"

:p:drinking:

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM
OK, Mo is talking, I'll do it.

Mo: John is disillusioned w/ MLS. Talked to John at length, offered him days off, didn't want them. Rumours no true about MLSE not paying fine, congratulated Mo on win; John will end up doing something in England. Coaching staff handled it well.

Mo: Thanks MLSE, wanted to squash rumours about himself and John; has no job lined up in England; John wore his heart on his sleeve for the club; will name someone Tuesday/Wednesday interim; today proved good team cohesiveness.

Mo: When you are the head guy, lots of pressures. Club is massive, Mo doesn't feel under any pressure, you have to fight through things, he wanted to go home (ouch).

ilikemusic
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Carver was holding these players back. There is no doubt in my mind.

Vince Whirlwind
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Great game by everyone - only complaints would be Barrett (c'mon...you HAVE to be able to get a strike on net on that play where he "injured" himself) and Wynne was out of position multiple times. Nothing new as those are re-occuring weaknesses with both players. Not raining on their efforts though...everybody hussled out there today.

Interesting problem when DeRo gets back. The only guy I'd want to take out is actually Barrett.

TFC USA
04-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Great game today!

I hope Cummins moves to permanent head coach.

Now let's beat up on the Crew and get our first ever win against them!

In the process though, Barrett must be benched. He's creating chances and getting chances but he's not scoring. The 1 goal he scored would've been converted by anyone except Cunningham. That wild shot over the bar after Vitti ran through the KC defense was awful.

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Great game today!

In the process though, Barrett must be benched. He's creating chances and getting chances but he's not scoring. The 1 goal he scored would've been converted by anyone except Cunningham. That wild shot over the bar after Vitti ran through the KC defense was awful.

Barrett had a major hand in the first goal and setup Dichio on a plate for what should have been the second, not to mention his hustle all day.

swan
04-26-2009, 06:30 PM
you all are saying dero for barrett but that would put dero out wide on the left and i thought dero hates and doesn't play his best over there...

FCBarcelona
I thought Cummins made his subs at the right time today(apart from barrett) it also looks like he giving the attack message to his strikers.

napoli73
If i were Cummins and were overlooked by Mo i would be disappointed. He knows the team and at this point in time would not disrupt the players.

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
you all are saying dero for barrett but that would put dero out wide on the left and i thought dero hates and doesn't play his best over there...
-----
true,
should Cummins play De Ro behind the 3 front men ?

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Barrett had a major hand in the first goal and setup Dichio on a plate for what should have been the second, not to mention his hustle all day.

Yes. I happen to think Barrett actually played better than Vitti did in the first half. He also saved our bacon in the first half, when he tracked all the way back to Jimmy B's position and stopped a counter-attack along the wing.

It's becoming clear that Barrett will likely never become our primary goal-scorer, but I think he has done very well in his redefined role the past couple of games.

He wreaks havoc up front with his hustle, and plays more defense than Vitti or Dichio. We need a workhorse like that up front, in a 4-3-3.

- Scott

TFC USA
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM

Hustle means crap if by the end of the day you can't finish your chances.

Krasno.pL.
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM
-----
true,

that takes out Guevara

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
that takes out Guevara
===
interesting problem huh ?;)

Davenport
04-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes. I happen to think Barrett actually played better than Vitti did in the first half. He also saved our bacon in the first half, when he tracked all the way back to Jimmy B's position and stopped a counter-attack along the wing.

It's becoming clear that Barrett will likely never become our primary goal-scorer, but I think he has done very well in his redefined role the past couple of games.

He wreaks havoc up front with his hustle, and plays more defense than Vitti or Dichio. We need a workhorse like that up front, in a 4-3-3.

- Scott
Are you joking, have you been watching the last few games ?
Barrett invariably gives the ball away when he's not under pressure...too many blind passes.
His finishing is atrocious, his diving comical.....he's simply not good enough.
True, he runs and hustles but so would Forrest Gump if you put a red shirt on him.

Nerepis
04-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Did I miss something? What was KC so pissed about at the end of the game?

napoli73
04-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I like Barrett playing where he is and his hustle is better appreciated. He still has a hard time finishing but i think his game will get better with the pressure being off him as the lone striker. The only issue is what happened when Dero comes back.

Davenport

He lost his Sunshine Band.......

Krasno.pL.
===
interesting problem huh ?;)

ahahah sadly :(
but im sure they can figure it out..
its gonna be either Dichio or Barrett.
Has to be. dont see anything else..
With Dero Pablo and Guevara . all the skill in the world.:hump:

WHITEY
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM

LOL!

swan
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
-----
true,

didn't he play there a couple of games and it just wasn't good.... so if he gets put in his best spot then that would have to change this formation that is working great.. as for barrett yeah he's not scoring and can't hit the side of a barn but if we use him as a set up guy and someone who gets back and let danny and vitti stay up and not as our go to scorer it could work and it is...

Davenport
04-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I like Barrett playing where he is and his hustle is better appreciated. He still has a hard time finishing but i think his game will get better with the pressure being off him as the lone striker. The only issue is what happened when Dero comes back.
The answer is he gets dropped and never starts for TFC again.....gets released at the end of the season, ending his days in a semi-pro league in Texas.
.......unless there's an injury crisis

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I've been saying it all along... Danny Dichio NEEDS to play. He gives the defence something to worry about with his size even when one doesn't take into account his magic touch on the ball. With two big men up front in him and Vitti, the defence are always preoccupied. Dichio showed his quality once again today. Fucking god.

Shakes McQueen
Hustle means crap if by the end of the day you can't finish your chances.

That isn't true at all. Under this new formation, Barrett isn't the target man up front anymore - he's more of a playmaker. In in that role, work rate is absolutely huge, and he has done pretty well with it, setting up others to hopefully do what he has trouble with - score goals.

It's also worth pointing out that if we are just going to go off the cold, hard statistic of "finished chances", Vitti technically hasn't scored yet. But we rightly won't get on his case for that, because he worked his tail off to create good chances - much like Barrett does.

- Scott

S_D

I applaud Barrett's workrate.

but...

We cannot have a starter who has a high likelyhood of cramping up at 65-70 minutes. You just can't or you are going to have to sacrifice a substitution that may be needed to change formations or replace an injured player later on in the game, or always have one set aside in case he does.

I would much rather see him come on as a sub later in the game for Vitti or Dichio. He has shown that he can track back and has the ability to help the defense out.

S_D
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM

I think they wanted a handball in the box. Looked like the ball maybe brushed Velez's hand when he was on the west side of the goal in the last few moments.

Nerepis
04-26-2009, 06:45 PM

LOL. I'm sure liking this winning streak. "That's the un huh, un huh, I like it!":party:

Nerepis
04-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I think they wanted a handball in the box. Looked like the ball maybe brushed Velez's hand when he was on the west side of the goal in the last few moments.

Thanks.

swan
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
i want dero back in the line up just as much as the next guy i just hope it doesn't screw up the what we got going here the boys are playing very well together...

napoli73
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Dero has to play and i just hope it doesn't alter the formation. Can he be effective in that roll? Yes! Because it is a more attacking roll instead of a holding mid.

Davenport
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Shake shake shake,

Shake shake shake,

Shake your booty,

Shake your booty......

NateDoGG
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
oh and frei played great, is he gonna be the real deal? he certainly showed top talent today.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Are you joking, have you been watching the last few games ?
Barrett invariably gives the ball away when he's not under pressure...too many blind passes.
His finishing is atrocious, his diving comical.....he's simply not good enough.
True, he runs and hustles but so would Forrest Gump if you put a red shirt on him.

Did you watch Vitti in the first half? Had a guaranteed breakaway through pass hit him in the heel because he wasn't looking, had several pass go astray to KC players, and let several winnable balls go because he didn't seem interested in making the second effort to win them.

He looked 1000% better in the second half, I absolutely agree.

I think people have a tendency to watch everything Barrett does under a microscope now, because they expect him to be terrible, and wait for him to make an error so they can jump on him for it.

- Scott

Wagner
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
frei, robbo, and dichio were the three stars for me today ... and today was the first time i actually have good things to say about vitti, he was hellbent on scoring and actually made second efforts

I fully agree.

only thing i'd add...is how important serioux has been.

S_D
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Scott did you watch Barrett when he was with Chicago before he came here? He was already under the microscope by some of us :)

Davenport
04-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Did you watch Vitti in the first half? Had a guaranteed breakaway through pass hit him in the heel because he wasn't looking, had several pass go astray to KC players, and let several winnable balls go because he didn't seem interested in making the second effort to win them.

He looked 1000% better in the second half, I absolutely agree.

I think people have a tendency to watch everything Barrett does under a microscope now, because they expect him to be terrible, and wait for him to make an error so they can jump on him for it.

- Scott
No doubt that Vitti improved, but he's got quality and the ability to improve. Don't forget he's played on grass most of his life and this turf sh*te takes some getting used to.
Barrett on the other hand is trying his best and probably doing his best, but that's still not good enough.
It's not his fault and bless him for trying but he's simply not up to it.

napoli73
04-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I fully agree.

Yes he has that calm under pressure presence that we have lacked.

kshep
04-26-2009, 06:55 PM

- Scott

Meh, supporters are a fickle bunch always quick to point out the flaws, until someone has a good game. Even when someone or the team in general has a good game, we tend to pick at our sides weaknesses regardless.

To some people there is "No getting behind the players" it's just bitch bitch bitch. Sometimes I wonder why some people even support this club, it boggles my mind.

manic.street.preacher
04-26-2009, 06:56 PM
I fully agree.

^thanks ;) ... and yeah, wow has serioux impressed the socks off me so far. when we signed him, my first thoughts were 'with him and harmse manning the centre d, we'll be playing a man down the whole season!' ... glad that he's proven me wrong :D

WHITEY
04-26-2009, 06:56 PM

I fully agree.

Serioux is a freaking monster!

Nerepis
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM

also, I think the switch out of Harmse for Velez has added to the confidence of the team in their back line.

ilikemusic
04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
My men of the match...

Frei
Dichio
Vitti
Velez

Nobody played bad, but I thought they stood out as particularly stellar.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Scott did you watch Barrett when he was with Chicago before he came here? He was already under the microscope by some of us :)

Barrett's finishing "ability" is well known, but listen to us. Everyone is singing Vitti's praises right now, despite the fact that he didn't score. Why? Because he worked his tail off in the second half, and created some quality chances for himself. We are right to praise him.

However, he didn't score a goal. Were they near misses? Absolutely. But so were quite a few of Barrett's this season. Yet people are so quick to dismiss Barrett's work rate, and ability to create chances, because he can't finish them. But when Vitti creates chances and doesn't finish him, the reaction is like night and day.

Vitti is no doubt a better goal scorer than Barrett, and has better ability with the ball at his feet. But I happen to think Barrett works a bit harder off the ball, and plays great defense up top.

And like I said before, his work rate and defensive ability saved our bacon in the first half, when he doggedly chased down that KC player on the wing, deep in our territory.

- Scott

oldmanken
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
So, having missed the match, I'm assuming from everything being said thus far that TFC had another performance as solid as the one against Dallas?

dag
04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry I wan't able to attend this game.
:(

Lucky Strike
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Check out my player ratings.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=12659

S_D
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Barrett's finishing "ability" is well known, but listen to us. Everyone is singing Vitti's praises right now, despite the fact that he didn't score. Why? Because he worked his tail off in the second half, and created some quality chances for himself. We are right to praise him.

However, he didn't score a goal. Were they near misses? Absolutely. But so were quite a few of Barrett's this season. Yet people are so quick to dismiss Barrett's work rate, and ability to create chances, because he can't finish them. But when Vitti creates chances and doesn't finish him, the reaction is like night and day.

Vitti is no doubt a better goal scorer than Barrett, and has better ability with the ball at his feet. But I happen to think Barrett works a bit harder off the ball, and plays great defense up top.

And like I said before, his work rate and defensive ability saved our bacon in the first half, when he doggedly chased down that KC player on the wing, deep in our territory.

- Scott

Nobody dismisses his workrate. Heck even in Chicago they loved it. He just has a problem finishing which is important for a forward. If I wanted Dero in there is no way I take out Dichio, Guevara or Vitti. That leaves Barrett as the odd man out.

TBH, he would probably be better off in the central midfield unless he can learn to cross better and play out wide. His crosses weren't the best but this being a new formation he should get some time to work on it.

swan
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM

- Scott

well said....

sully
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM
this game answered two questions I've been asking myself from the start of this season....and it's a 'definte yes' to Dichio and Vitti starting..

Get In There
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM

- Scott

You did mention Vitti creating chances for himself - and for me that is the difference to Barrett - what Vitti creates for himself.

I do really like how Barrett gets back on defense - it is a value to us

B

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Nobody dismisses his workrate. Heck even in Chicago they loved it. He just has a problem finishing which is important for a forward. If I wanted Dero in there is no way I take out Dichio, Guevara or Vitti. That leaves Barrett as the odd man out.

TBH, he would probably be better off in the central midfield unless he can learn to cross better and play out wide. His crosses weren't the best but this being a new formation he should get some time to work on it.

If we are to keep our current formation, then yes, I think DeRo obviously gets the start over Barrett. :D

I wasn't trying to argue he should be a starter over anyone else, as much as I was just trying to address the non-stop drumbeat of criticism Barrett always faces, where people dismiss his tremendous effort and play-making abilities as irrelevant and useless, because he has trouble scoring.

I actually think he has played his wide forward role the past couple of weeks, quite well. And having one forward who has no problem running all over the pitch to defend up top, helps immensely with a 4-3-3, where there is lots of space in midfield.

- Scott

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 07:24 PM

Yep, Barrett hasn't got it.

sully
04-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Having just watched the post-game conference...I'm impressed with Cummins. He's level-headed, sounds like a good man-manager and techically obviously knows his stuff.

Oldtimer
04-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Just got back. Great match.

It wasn't just the win, it was how they won, good in back, short passing possession-oriented game. Not perfect, but beautiful to watch.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM

It wasn't just the win, it was how they won, good in back, short passing possession-oriented game. Not perfect, but beautiful to watch.
I was very happy with the way they approached the game. These last two games we've played some beautiful possession football, something I didn't think this group was capable of based on our first 5 games.

sully
04-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I was very happy with the way they approached the game. These last two games we've played some beautiful possession football, something I didn't think this group was capable of based on our first 5 games.

yes, worth saying above again!

Redcoe15
04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
What impressed me about the game today was that, after Danny D scored the goal (YEAH!), TFC didn't let up as has been their wont. They kept pressing, Vitti's footwork was a thing to see and almost got the side their second goal. And Brennan and Serioux were strong in defense. Hopefully, this is a sign that things are gelling as we had hoped for. All we need now is for DeRo to be back in the lineup at 100%.

Heart of Stone
04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
only thing i'd add...is how important serioux has been.[/quote]

Also, thought Jim Brennan was excellent today. He played with hustle, heart, and skill. Saw him leading the pre-game huddle in front of the TFC bench with great emotion.

TFC Bhoy
04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Just got home from the game and thought that Serioux was a monster once again. Just so solid back there and think he has a MUCH better chemistry with Velez than with Harmse. Velez had a good game overall I thought, a couple passes he could have done better on, but overall thought he played a great game.

Frei once again was solid as was Robbo as everyone was saying.

I was a bit surprised with Gueverra, didnt seem to see too much from him tonight. Not that he did anyhting bad, just didn't do too much to stick out in my mind.

And as everyone is saying I definitely agree to keep the formation and switch Barrett for DeRo. He trist as hard as he can and I give him credit for that but Barrett just doesn't have the finishing.

Overall great game by the reds! Lets keep it up so we can kick the Crew's ass when they come!!!

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Great game today!

Did you read that before you posted?

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
So does giambac only post in these threads when he can be negative?

DavydMT
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Top Of The East We having a Laugh :-)

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Creating chances is the main thing, as Cummins said in his post-game presser. Barrett is working his ass off, hence why Carver stuck with him even though he's not scoring, and he did very well again today, even if he was again unable to put one in.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Just got home from the game and thought that Serioux was a monster once again. Just so solid back there and think he has a MUCH better chemistry with Velez than with Harmse. Velez had a good game overall I thought, a couple passes he could have done better on, but overall thought he played a great game.

Frei once again was solid as was Robbo as everyone was saying.

I was a bit surprised with Gueverra, didnt seem to see too much from him tonight. Not that he did anyhting bad, just didn't do too much to stick out in my mind.

And as everyone is saying I definitely agree to keep the formation and switch Barrett for DeRo. He trist as hard as he can and I give him credit for that but Barrett just doesn't have the finishing.

Overall great game by the reds! Lets keep it up so we can kick the Crew's ass when they come!!!
Velez is definitely doing better than Harmse, that's for sure. He's good to have out there on set pieces as well with his size.

Bars92
04-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Danny "the Truth" Dichio!!

Dub Narcotic
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM

Yes, it seemed like much more of a real game that way, very enjoyable to watch. Good point.

LucaGol
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey, we're top of the Eastern Conference ....

rocker
04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
i'm not worried about where De Ro will fit in... you know we'll have injuries.. and guys away for international duty etc... I'm sure we'll find a place for De Ro and Barrett at some point :) nice problem to have!

Waggy
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Lol, Niagara, save your keystrokes. Either way. WOOOOOOOOO Top of the (east) table!! 2 (TWO!!!) Toronto teams in first place?! :canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
DeRo's an automatic starter on this team when fit. I'm not sure that I see Barrett as a starter, he should keep RR company.

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Jimmy Brennan - Best game of the season by far.
Serioux - Solid as always.
Vitti - my god this guy is exactly what this team needed. He's like a booster shot.
Frei - My god Frei, he bailed us out so many times today, this guy is the real deal. Man of the match in my opinion.
Dichio - Doing what he does best. His flicks are incredible and once again, 1 shot on net, 1 goal.
Robbo and Cronin - Both held the midfield extremely well. What a great thing to have these two guys in front of the defense.
Velez - Shockingly good today. Very composed back there, really surprised me.
Wynne - He was decent today
Guevara - Doesn't seem to be playing great lately, it's weird, I never thought I would say that. He had a key play when he cleared a ball off a corner on defense.
Barrett - Well, Barrett was Barrett. Worked his ass off, made some nice plays, and missed some shots as usual.
Harmse - Although limited playing time, actually looked more comfortable in the middle then he has at CB
Ricketts - Pretty limited playing time so I can't really say much.

First half was a little boring and lack-luster. Great second half though. I am getting a little worried with the inability to just put games away.

All in all though

WE ARE IN FIRST!!!

Get In There
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
So does giambac only post in these threads when he can be negative?

Feck....do you dream of him?

:noidea:

B

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Feck....do you dream of him?

:noidea:

B

He's tough to forget....he's that annoying!

Erkan16
04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
great game. i was a little disapointed in Danny. he could have had 2 or 3 more goals but failed to execute.

but we got the 3, so no hard feelings.

InTheCrowd
04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
I just want to point out that we have the best fairplay record in the league!

Can we get a free pass into the Concacaf Champions League?

ensco
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
How great was that? Dichio scoring, the team is looking better. But at the risk of being a downer....we were seriously lucky. We should not let this overly influence decisions on coaching or anything else.

KC missed at least 5 great chances (we missed 2 or 3) and they had huge gobs of quality possession.

billyfly
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Loved "I am Legend" banner in the NEE section. It was spot-on today.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
We held the ball good today and i like the way Vitti play's off the ball, he alway's move's into good spot's.

DOMIN8R
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
How great was that? Dichio scoring, the team is looking better. But at the risk of being a downer....we were seriously lucky. We should not let this overly influence decisions on coaching or anything else.

KC missed at least 5 great chances (we missed 2 or 3) and they had huge gobs of quality possession.

I think that it was reverse. We had about 6-8 good chances. KC had 2-3. Watch the game again - or at least the "Game in 6 Minutes".

Frei saved our ass.

trane
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
All the boys played well today. Barrett and Vitti's touch was of in the first half, but they were both playing better in the second. Vitti was amazing. Guevara was realy good, I felt that the goal would have come on from him or Dichio, the best shot of the game, you guys may have missed it in the south end, was the one were Dichio gave it to Guevarra and he took it on the fly forcing a great save from Heartman. Dichio was huge, up front, and at the back, he was the one who cleared the ball. Robbo and Cronin looked even better today then on Wensday, they worked great togetehr and they both made some real nice passes, defensive plays. The back was a little to easy going at times, but all four came with some good play when needed. Velez looked better today then on Wendsday.

LUFC
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM

- Scott

exactly he did great keep him on the wing!

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Dude, we did not miss 2 or 3 chances, not even close. Vitti alone missed 2 or 3 chances, then there's the Barrett ones, the unbelievable shot by Guevara at the end of the half and many more. We were even on chances with KC today. The difference though was Frei made some big saves, where we missed the net on the other end.

Shots were 12 for TFC and 11 for KC
5 shots on goal a piece.

That says enough. Posession wise I would say it was about 50/50 but I'm not sure.

So in response to your comment, I can't say we were lucky. Because KC was lucky that we didn't finish this game 5-0. In the end, it was a somewhat even game but we came out on top.

trane
04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I think we had more possession but not by much. They came out trying to push but we contolled the game. We were not sharp in the first half as we should. The other thing is our guys, still need to know when to clear it, and when to push it up more delibertly to kill time, sometimes, they seemed to do one when it was time for the other.

J .
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Big win today against Kansas City. Our team is coming together and we are looking dangerous once again.

rocker
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
But at the risk of being a downer....we were seriously lucky..

ok, so let me get this straight... before the game, you were a "bit worried" about KC.... then we beat KC and you're talking about possibility being a "downer" and that we were "lucky"?

maybe you can just enjoy a win??? ;)

KC was lucky Vitti couldn't finish after beating three of their defenders ;)

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-26-2009, 09:42 PM
How'd you manage to get the bag of weed in the stadium & smoke it all without geting caught.

Why do the public board threads always descend into pointless name-calling? Doesn't BS and Off Topic provide ample opportunity?

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Why do the public board threads always descend into pointless name-calling? Doesn't BS and Off Topic provide ample opportunity?

There was no name calling in that post, just a lighthearted joust at what looked like a lighthearted post.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
How'd you manage to get the bag of weed in the stadium & smoke it all without geting caught.

Barrett would have trouble scoring on his wedding night & DD is always defending making clearances

I'm not lauding the guy for his prolific scoring ability, I'm giving him credit for a lot of the other work he does, that helps the team on the pitch.

Dichio is great for defending set pieces, but the aforementioned defense Barrett provided along our right wing, required Barrett to make a beeline all the way from a forward position, to where Jimmy B should have been at left back. No one else was making that run, and Dichio doesn't have the legs for it.

Obviously Barrett isn't going to be winning any awards for his goal-scoring, but my point is that he has been making valuable contributions to the team's success in the past couple of games, in other ways.

And like I said, if you just want to go off pure results, Barrett has the same amount of goals as Vitti this week.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 09:51 PM

Ahh, I was okay with it, haha. The only stuff that gets my back up, is when people insist that, because I don't agree with them, I must not watch the games, or I must not understand football, etc.

- Scott

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
There was no name calling in that post, just a lighthearted joust at what looked like a lighthearted post.

Sorry...I have trouble recognizing lightheartedness. It seemed like an insult (although I would take it as a compliment, but I'm weird) that didn't serve any purpose. My mistake.

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm not lauding the guy for his prolific scoring ability, I'm giving him credit for a lot of the other work he does, that helps the team on the pitch.

Dichio is great for defending set pieces, but the aforementioned defense Barrett provided along our right wing, required Barrett to make a beeline all the way from a forward position, to where Jimmy B should have been at left back. No one else was making that run, and Dichio doesn't have the legs for it.

Obviously Barrett isn't going to be winning any awards for his goal-scoring, but my point is that he has been making valuable contributions to the team's success in the past couple of games, in other ways.

And like I said, if you just want to go off pure results, Barrett has the same amount of goals as Vitti this week.

- Scott

Fair enough, for the record, I didn't call you any names. I'm just not a Barrett fan, effor aside

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Fair enough, for the record, I didn't call you any names. I'm just not a Barrett fan, effor aside

Yeah, I know you didn't mean it that way, haha. I made another post mentioning that I didn't take offense. :D

- Scott

TFC USA
04-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Let me ask you guys something.

What exactly is Chad Barrett's job as a striker?

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-26-2009, 10:06 PM

You do know that they have both scored the same amount of goals?

although DeRo would be ahead if he didnt miss that easy penalty in

KC the opening day!!

TFC USA
04-26-2009, 10:11 PM
You do know that they have both scored the same amount of goals?

although DeRo would be ahead if he didnt miss that easy penalty in

KC the opening day!!

You're so god damn hellbent on that missed penalty are you?

If starting forward, let's call him Player A scored 1 goal out of 5000 chances, and Player B scored 1 goal out of 2500 chances, which player would you choose?

InTheCrowd
04-26-2009, 10:15 PM

The same as every other striker. Scoring goals. Last season Barrett had our teams most goals per game and this season he has scored 1 goal. Vitti has scored none.

I agree that Barrett wastes way to many chances. But the thing is that he gets himself these chances.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-26-2009, 10:16 PM
You're so god damn hellbent on that missed penalty are you?

If starting forward, let's call him Player A scored 1 goal out of 5000 chances, and Player B scored 1 goal out of 2500 chances, which player would you choose?

at the end of the day both players scored one goal? the penalty? if the keeper would have saved it..then so be it..but it went miles over the net,
when i see players do this it makes me cringe...at least make the goalie'
attempt to save it.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2009, 10:19 PM

Again - if you want to go by the crude metric of goals scored, then Vitti sucked this week.

If you're going to (rightly) give Vitti credit for creating chances on goal, or setting up other players, or working his tail off to advance play, then Barrett deserves the same credit for the work he does.

A top-class forward will net about a goal every two games. What they do with all of the other minutes in between matters just as much. Barrett has trouble putting the ball in the net, but he does all of the other stuff well.

- Scott

Inklink
04-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Chris Cummin's post-game presser was awesome! This guy has the most hilarious facial expressions ever :rofl:. Keep him around, it's working!

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=568

Hustle
04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
He's getting closer to capitalizing...what a great effort by Vitti today! See my avatar for a possible Vitti Chant.

Big Bruva
04-27-2009, 12:15 AM
There is WAY more to a striker than just banging in goals.

You have strikers that offer a lot of things that contribute to scoring the goals but don't actually score themselves too often (Heskey)

TFC_Chris
04-27-2009, 12:20 AM

You have strikers that offer a lot of things that contribute to scoring the goals but don't actually score themselves too often (Heskey)

Exactly. Like Cunningham did more than miss the net. He stood there, put his hands on his hips, and went offside all the time. He was a triple-threat.

:D

iansmcl
04-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Watching the "Game in 6 minutes" I have only a few comments of what was a wholly adequate effort from the boys...

1. Has anyone seen a good angle on the Vitti 'offisde' goal? I have a feeling it was offside, since he doesn't seem to be really moving until the ball is played (in the really bad replay angle I've seen) but I'm wondering if anyone has seen something better?
2. Why wasn't Guevara running in on that Vitti chance where he managed to miss by 2 inches? Maybe in hindsight he should've ran... anyone else think he should've been following that to the post?
3. If Dichio was one year younger does he score on that chance in the 63'?
4. The salute on Dichio's goal celebration... epic!
5. Frei? I can only hope we keep this guy... I've only seen one or two SLIGHT mistakes from him the whole season.
6. Barrett... I'm hoping that this guy makes me look like a fool (anyone sitting around me knows how I feel). Excellent player as long as he isn't taking a shot. Unfortunately... we need someone who can score.

TheRenter
04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
can't help but feel that we're going to give some team a real thumping soon if we can keep playing like that.

colownbus anyone!?

dupont
04-27-2009, 01:05 AM
what a great game... TFC deserved to win and we did... that is 2 in a row! i love this team!

Roogsy
04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
colownbus anyone!?

Oh man, that would be the best thing ever!

Jeffro
04-27-2009, 02:01 AM
We are finally seeing the team that I, and I suspect many of you, expected to see this season. We just need to keep it going. Top of the east feels real sweet

James Oliphant
04-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Forced to watch this one on GolTV today, thanks to work obligations (i.e. I have no choice but to take what little I can get).

Highlight of the day: Morpheus telling Kevin Hartman to get the fuck away from the ref after the match.

Also noticed something in the last few minutes of the match, and whipped this up for your consideration:

http://gotorontofc.com/jamey/onalfo_daniels.jpg

Yohan
04-27-2009, 07:52 AM
^LOL!

Good game by the lads. Ok first half, but good 2nd half.

Lots of good ideas going offensively, but just need a little bit more cutting edge and killer instinct. Game should have been 3-0 if it wasnt for terrible finishing and crossing. (someone please teach Barrett and Wynne how to cross!)

I called it before Chivas game that the boys need a spark to really get going and 2 wins and clean sheets in a row. Not bad lads. ;)

Now bring it against the annoying Crew!

PS: I forgot how loud the Red Thunder can be, standing beside it the whole game :)

Steve
04-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Again - if you want to go by the crude metric of goals scored, then Vitti sucked this week.

If you're going to (rightly) give Vitti credit for creating chances on goal, or setting up other players, or working his tail off to advance play, then Barrett deserves the same credit for the work he does.

A top-class forward will net about a goal every two games. What they do with all of the other minutes in between matters just as much. Barrett has trouble putting the ball in the net, but he does all of the other stuff well.

- Scott

I'm going to have to back you (and Barrett) up on this one, since few others seem to want to. Again, people have got it in their heads that Barrett is terrible, and can't score, blah blah blah. Since they've already decided this, no matter what Barrett does, they will yell at him (have you ever, in the history of soccer seen a game where a player DIDN'T make a single mistake?).

Barrett was a workhorse last night. Working in a 3 man striker force (And being pushed out wider so vitti can come in more) he was absolutely great. He worked his ass off, forced the opposition to make mistakes, won balls he shouldn't have (like that ball from the defender trying to usher it out) and created great chances (like the cross to Dichio which eventually led to the goal). I can only think of one big miss from that game, and that was on the play he went down injured on. He also, of course, made that formation possible by tracking back and defending in our own end. Saying "A striker's only job is to score" is stupid. If Dichio plays this season, scores a few times, but creates goals by holding up the ball and laying it off, are you going to call him a failure? Of course not, because people have decided they like Dichio. What about Vitti that game? His first half was embarressing, his second half was great, but he missed a few goals which he should have netted! If Barrett had done the same, he would have been crucified. Why not Vitti? Because, arbitrarily, people have decided the like him.

And as for the question "Who's the better striker, the one who scores 1 in 5000 chances, or 1 in 2500 chances" That's not as easy an answer as you think. How did those chances happen? I mean, over a career? They're the same, since they both scored the same amount of goals. But what if we're only talking about a few games, and it's over the start of a season? I think an argument could be made for the higher chances, since he probably had a hand in creating those chances! Sure, if the team sets up the striker every time, you want a better finisher, but if the striker creates his chances, it's not so easy, is it?

Anyway, I'm not even saying right now that I won't be content with a DeRo for Barrett substitution in the next game for the starting lineup (since I don't see many other options, other than a 3-2-2-3 formation), but I don't like how easily some people here are glossing over everything Barrett has been doing these past two games, and thinking DeRo will be the same but "better". Sure, he's a better player, but we will miss some of what Barrett has been doing (that apparently some of you don't notice).

Yohan
04-27-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm going to have to back you (and Barrett) up on this one, since few others seem to want to. Again, people have got it in their heads that Barrett is terrible, and can't score, blah blah blah. Since they've already decided this, no matter what Barrett does, they will yell at him (have you ever, in the history of soccer seen a game where a player DIDN'T make a single mistake?).

Barrett was a workhorse last night. Working in a 3 man striker force (And being pushed out wider so vitti can come in more) he was absolutely great. He worked his ass off, forced the opposition to make mistakes, won balls he shouldn't have (like that ball from the defender trying to usher it out) and created great chances (like the cross to Dichio which eventually led to the goal). I can only think of one big miss from that game, and that was on the play he went down injured on. He also, of course, made that formation possible by tracking back and defending in our own end. Saying "A striker's only job is to score" is stupid. If Dichio plays this season, scores a few times, but creates goals by holding up the ball and laying it off, are you going to call him a failure? Of course not, because people have decided they like Dichio. What about Vitti that game? His first half was embarressing, his second half was great, but he missed a few goals which he should have netted! If Barrett had done the same, he would have been crucified. Why not Vitti? Because, arbitrarily, people have decided the like him.

And as for the question "Who's the better striker, the one who scores 1 in 5000 chances, or 1 in 2500 chances" That's not as easy an answer as you think. How did those chances happen? I mean, over a career? They're the same, since they both scored the same amount of goals. But what if we're only talking about a few games, and it's over the start of a season? I think an argument could be made for the higher chances, since he probably had a hand in creating those chances! Sure, if the team sets up the striker every time, you want a better finisher, but if the striker creates his chances, it's not so easy, is it?

Anyway, I'm not even saying right now that I won't be content with a DeRo for Barrett substitution in the next game for the starting lineup (since I don't see many other options, other than a 3-2-2-3 formation), but I don't like how easily some people here are glossing over everything Barrett has been doing these past two games, and thinking DeRo will be the same but "better". Sure, he's a better player, but we will miss some of what Barrett has been doing (that apparently some of you don't notice).
thumbs up!

let's start looking at Barrett as not a true striker, but more as attacking winger. He seems to be getting more ease into that role.
players converting position is not unknown. and it gives TFC more flexibility

MFBODD
04-27-2009, 09:20 AM
thumbs up!

let's start looking at Barrett as not a true striker, but more as attacking winger. He seems to be getting more ease into that role.
players converting position is not unknown. and it gives TFC more flexibility

I agree with ya!

king dave
04-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Great performance yesterday boys!
But like Dub N said earlier, lot's of chances but poor finishing.
This game could have easily been a high scoring affair without a doubt.
But it's all good.
Bring on Columbus.
KD.

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM

- Scott

Absolutely, people are tough on barrett, and fair enough, but no-one is saying the same thing about Vitti. And it's not just a few games he needs to get used to MLS/fieldturf, what in his career suggest he's going to be a better goalscorer than Barrett?

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Having just watched the post-game conference...I'm impressed with Cummins. He's level-headed, sounds like a good man-manager and techically obviously knows his stuff.

Plus he sounds like Ricky gervais, which I think adds something to the press conferences.

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 09:59 AM
You did mention Vitti creating chances for himself - and for me that is the difference to Barrett - what Vitti creates for himself.

I do really like how Barrett gets back on defense - it is a value to us

B

Barrett against Chivas created the chance for himself that their goalie saved. Against KC, when Conrad was trying to usher the ball out of play, Barrett stole it and created a chance, admittedly he should have crossed rather than try and score form a bad angle, but don't say he's not creating anything.

ArsenalSooner
04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
i had to work so i missed the game. sounds like we are keeping up the good work though. i did see a highlight of the goal! great finish from dichio

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Right on man. The only worry I have right now is who is that striker that is going to bang in the goals? Dichio seems to be the one with an eye for the net and the natural ability to pop it in. But can we rely on him all year?

Suds
04-27-2009, 10:26 AM

well stated ..

It seems to be a Toronto sports fan thing ... regardless of the sport/team, we like to find that one player we can vilify and hang any downside of our teams on.

Now, Barrett was off to a poor start this season and deserves the criticism on those performances. But the last few games Barrett has been working extremely hard and making more positive plays than negative. His goals will come if he keeps up this work rate. His performance at this time says he deserves a start next game.

T-Bird
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
What a great game!!! Agreed there were some poor finishes on the many goal scoring opportunities but we got the result!!

Also, I know Wynn seems to be incapable of putting in a decent cross but from where I was standing I thought he had a stellar first half. Also, thought Vitti was pretty good. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with him the past few games and even last night there were a few amazing chances that he literally turned his back on but despite those three diappointments in the first half he seems to be stepping up and finally proving himself!

Now let's crush the crew!

icecoldbeer
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
20th Minute KC Corner Kick. Streamer lands perfectly across Claudio Lopez's eyes as he kicks the ball.

Hilarious!

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
20th Minute KC Corner Kick. Streamer lands perfectly across Claudio Lopez's eyes as he kicks the ball.

Hilarious!

I liked the streamer that got attached to him and he couldn't shake off. It was a rainbow coloured one, absolutely perfect.

KRO
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM

I was just about to write a couple of paragraphs in Barrett's support and you did it for me. It was his run and excellent cross which eventually led to the goal yesterday FFS. The Barrett haters ignore all the good work he does and highlight the less than stellar plays.

He will probably have spend some time on the bench when DeRo comes back but Danny is not going to carry on playing 90 minutes a game, especially when the Nutralite Championship starts.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
did anyone else notice that the MoM was announced after the final whistle this game?

I guess some people paid attention :)

Technorgasm
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Barrett, ever since coming out on the pitch from the off season
with his new physique, and seemingly "go for the throat" attitude
is JUST the kind of Grit and pace we have needed,
he wears teams down, works well off the ball. . . hell, I could go on and on.

I was all over VITTI's case, until yesterday,
but its the TEAM aspect that is the difference here.
We be Gellin, we be flyin and flossin! the chemistry is there,
lets capitalize!

I assume that DERO wil not start. . . .

=============FREI============

WYNNE == VELEZ == SERIOUX == BRENNAN

=== CRONIN = ROBINSON = GUEVARA ===

BARRETT ======= DICHIO ======= VITTI

two on the bounce without one of our talismans. . . . .feel so good!!!

TASTES EVEN BETTER!

GET READY TO EAT IT CREW!!

FUCKIN EEAAAAAAATTTTT IIIIITTTTTT !!!!!!!!

Technorgasm
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
ps:

who else, is a nerd like me and keeps a + / - of the players as the game rolls on.

(oh, and the Ref too)

trane
04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I have been somewhat critical of Barrett but have liked him in the new formation and position. For my money it has worked. I am not so concerned with missess as some our.

BleedRed
04-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Dero will start instead of Barrett. It's an obvious adjustment that will and should be made.

trane
04-27-2009, 03:12 PM
^ I am not against De Ro taking Barrett place, but Barrett has worked well in this new system. He pushed he helped create space, he defended, he contributed. It was postive overall.

I am not one of those guys, who will hate one guy out of principal. I call it as I see it, game by game.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
^ I am not against De Ro taking Barrett place, but Barrett has worked well in this new system. He pushed he helped create space, he defended, he contributed. It was postive overall.
that's another thing. while DeRo does occupy the defender's attention, Barrett wears defenders down with his hustle and hard work

trane
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Other then the missess, he played well and contributed, and it is not like Lombardo, were he just cannot do it, he contributes. I would still take De Ro over him. But I would not be upset if they bring in De Ro slowly and give Barret more playing time. We need good play and players to rotate it. Plus out of our present attacking players, Barrett is the most likely to play in Dichio's spot. I do not like him there, but he is the best suited, and it is a long season.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 03:32 PM
If Barrett can cross, I honestly think we have a viable winger.

Nothernirish92
04-29-2009, 09:12 AM
i was just wondering why everyone is praising vitti and why the hell he got man of the match over dichio or frei. Vitti should have had at least three goals but missed all of them including a wide open goal my sister could have scored. sure he has chances but he can not finish and missed the net alot. i dont know about the rest of the stadiium but i was right across from the NEE and everyone in my section was hating vitti for missing so much. He did alright but i dont think he should be praised for missing easy goals

Stryker
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I haven't had the time to post the last couple weeks but I just wanted to throw in my opinion of the last two games.
For the most part everyone played GREAT.
Vitti is gonna be huge when he puts it all together this summer.
Barrett has been working his tail off. I've seen him make some awesome defensive plays all the way at the back too.
Its both shocking and a pleasent surprise to say that Velez has been playing quite well.
The only poor play IMO is coming from Ricketts. Despite only getting around 15 minites the last two games as a late sub he still manages to come across as piss poor. Horrible postioning, turning the ball over consistantly and for a man who was once touted as our most "skilled" player, he seems to have the touch of a rapist.
I think we need to package Ricketts and Edwards for a higher level defender or winger ASAP before the rest of the league catches onto the fact that Rohan has lost it.