PDA

View Full Version : Gomez and Sayang

london_tfc_fan
04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
I was really looking forward to see what these two kids have and wondering if anyone knows why we have not seen a single minute from the two this season? Is there a reason or not

Pachuco
04-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Sanjang can't play until August because of his age. That was said many many times. Not sure about Gomez though but with a new coach, you never know. We could see him step up soon.

brad
04-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I thought they were both bought for the future.

rocker
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
i'm not sure I've seen a situation where we would turn to an 18 year old on defence.

Nana would get in there before Gomez, I would think. Nana's been an unused sub for the past few weeks.

trane
04-26-2009, 02:13 PM
^ That is another mistery to me, Nana, he looked solid last year, and so far this year, nothing.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2009, 02:16 PM
All true guys.

1. They were bought with an eye for the future.
2. Sanyang can't play until he turns 18 on August 1st (and before you ask, yes Ibrahim was - and still is - younger than this but can play because he didn't come by international transfer, for which the mininum age is 18).
3. Gomez hasn't played yet because he's still untested in MLS and Serioux, Velez, Harmse and Attakora are ahead of him on the depth chart. No tears though, he is just 18.
4. Attakora has actually been injured (still is maybe?) and that's why he hasn't seen the field.

london_tfc_fan
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
alright sweet but id still like to see some playing time for the younger kids cuz before u go and waste money by signing another defender try all the options available to u, even if they are young, young players can play