PDA

View Full Version : Our New Coach

Oblio2
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
It shouldn't make a difference if he's British, South American, Dutch, American of from fucking Pluto......as long as the next Coach can do the job, it doesn't matter where he's from.

Whoever it is, lets at least give him (or her :) ) the benefit of the doubt and support them fully. Let them see how good it can be to coach here and how loved they can be...IF they fuck up, fine...turn on them but least at least give the person the chance!
Whoever it is, you might not like the choice...but lets give them a fair shot!

TFC Cityboy
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM
as long as it's not bloody Dale Mitchell :)

Oblio2
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
as long as it's not bloody Dale Mitchell :)

Ok...Give everyone a chance....except Dale Mitchell.
:)

bhoybobby
04-26-2009, 12:38 PM
As long as he has a winning successful record, ooops, sorry, I forgot Mo & Assman would be hiring.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Klinsmann just got fired from Bayern Munich. Coincidence? ;)

Yohan
04-27-2009, 07:14 AM
And insight into being a good manager

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8013929.stm

crozack
04-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Anyone but Mitchell.....but truthfully lets hope CC is the guy. Bringing in a new coach at this time will mean starting from scratch again. The boys seem to be a tight knit group right now.....no sense changing for the sake of change

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 11:15 AM
right now, the team really seems to be embracing the 'all for one' motto.
Just look at the pre-game huddle, with players, subs and the coaching staff.

I think they know that the weight is now on their shoulders, and they have to keep it up.

NateDoGG
04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
id take dale mitchell on a intirm base, just to see if he can really take tfc to the playoffs, if he does, give him a contract
maybe this is what dale needs to revive his career, being coach for the only pro team in canada, that could really change his luck!

TheRenter
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
id take dale mitchell on a intirm base, just to see if he can really take tfc to the playoffs, if he does, give him a contract
maybe this is what dale needs to revive his career, being coach for the only pro team in canada, that could really change his luck!

:eek::jaw::confused::shocked::smilielol5::smilielo l5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5 ::smilielol5::smilielol5:

crozack
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Dale Mitchell will never coach here.....Jimmy B and DeRo arent fond of him to say the least. His coaching resume doesnt deserve this opportunity!
He's showed absolutely no creativity with the National teams.

Maybe as a assist he could one day grow into a good head coach......just not now and not here!

TFC Cityboy
04-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Chris Cummins is my choice. The players like him, it keeps a sense of continuity within the club and the back-office staff would remain in place.

Bring in an outsider and we are back to square one.

Give Chris and Daso a month as Interim Coaches - see how we are then and if we are doing ok, hand them the keys.

Shway
04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
them?
its either or
no such thing as 2 head coaches

Troll
04-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Mr. NateDoGG, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Ladies Love Julius James
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Don't fix it if it aint broken. Leave things the way they are.

Oblio2
04-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Mr. NateDoGG, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

SNL Jeapardy :hump:

Ageroo
04-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Dale Mitchell will never coach here.....Jimmy B and DeRo arent fond of him to say the least. His coaching resume doesnt deserve this opportunity!
He's showed absolutely no creativity with the National teams.

Maybe as a assist he could one day grow into a good head coach......just not now and not here!

+1

Dale Mitchell will never be coaching TFC. Not as long at Jimmy B and DeRo are on the team. Unless the club wants them to boycott the team!

Daveisonfire
04-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Don't fix it if it aint broken. Leave things the way they are.
word.

Beach_Red
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Chris Cummins is my choice.

Me too.

MLS is a league where coaches can establish reputations, they don't have to arrive with them.

Stouffville_RPB
04-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Let's get CoachGT in there!!! :)

giambac
04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
It shouldn't make a difference if he's British, South American, Dutch, American of from fucking Pluto......as long as the next Coach can do the job, it doesn't matter where he's from.

Whoever it is, lets at least give him (or her :) ) the benefit of the doubt and support them fully. Let them see how good it can be to coach here and how loved they can be...IF they fuck up, fine...turn on them but least at least give the person the chance!
Whoever it is, you might not like the choice...but lets give them a fair shot!

Agreed.
he just better not come with a bag of excuses.

sidney
04-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Seems like it's become at least semi-official that Cummins/Daso will be the interim coaches (however long "interim" is anyway, even though and surprisingly MoJo said, "for the remainder of the season") according to this in today's Globe and Mail (see excerpt/quotes just below). But will this be/should this interim period be for 2 weeks, 1.5 months, or for the remainder of the season? I'm guessing it will all be (and imo should be) based on results. What do you all think?

"....one of the two assistants will be handed the reins for the remainder of the season.
"We're not looking at any candidates," Johnston said in dismissing talk of bringing in an outsider. "If you see speculation that's all it is, because at the end of the day these guys will be coaching the team on an interim basis.
"We've spoken to Chris, we've spoken to Daso. We'll make a decision on Tuesday."
Cummins is certainly excited by the possibility of taking over.
"I'd be silly to say no, I don't," Cummins said when asked if he was interested. "I've come over [from England], and this is a fantastic club.""

see full article at: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...?query=cummins (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090427.TFC27ART2257/TPStory/?query=cummins) )

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Agreed.
he just better not come with a bag of excuses.

apparently you have not attended the last 2 home games.......

if you have any love for TFC.....Stay F away! SATURDAY!!....we could be onto something here!:drinking:

TFC Tifoso
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM

SNL Jeapardy :hump:

Billy Madison ;)

and oh yeah.....keep Cummins!

Glenchen29
04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Klinnsman is available :yum:

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2008/index.php?f=125304.php&fla=1

InTheCrowd
04-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Big whoop, Klinnsman is available. You know how many managers are available. Problem is nobody will want to come to Toronto. I mean I wouldn't mind having Frank Rijkaard of Luiz Filipe Scolari managing TFC.

boban
04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Big whoop, Klinnsman is available. You know how many managers are available. Problem is nobody will want to come to Toronto. I mean I wouldn't mind having Frank Rijkaard of Luiz Filipe Scolari managing TFC.
Since we're mentioning names ...

Robert Prosinečki

InTheCrowd
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I've got me a big list. :D

Problem is most of them wouldn't come to Toronto. But maybe one or two of them?

bhoybobby
04-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Give it to Chris Cummings & Daso, if we make the play-off & perform well there, fine, if not bring in a guy (team) with a good track record. A new experienced guy would want his players, we're in no position to do that

InTheCrowd
04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Wait, hasn't Mo confirmed that it's going to be Cummins or Dasovic for this season for sure?

EDIT: Bernd Schuster anyone?

tfc2008
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Sven-Goran Eriksson is free

Dunkers
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
we already have our "new" head coach. Mo is going to name Cummins or Davo as the interm head coach, and as far as i am concerned, it is theirs to loose.

So if we make the playoffs, i dont see why we would replace the men we have in charge, as they will have done something that nobody before them could do.

Bottom line, if the interm coaches meet the expectations set out at the beggining of the season, there is NO reason to bring this English guy, or that South American coach.

I support Cummins and Davo!

apetimberlake
04-27-2009, 07:04 PM
HOW MUCH FOR THIS GUY?
http://ccww.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/jose-mourinho-real-madris-crest.jpg

Dioncarlyle
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
BMO is not big enough for Mourinho's ego. He'd need the stadium extended to 40k.

NateDoGG
04-27-2009, 07:07 PM

thinking out loud..... actually

giambac
04-27-2009, 07:10 PM
apparently you have not attended the last 2 home games.......

if you have any love for TFC.....Stay F away! SATURDAY!!....we could be onto something here!:drinking:

Actually I was sitting in a box.

Most likely will be in a box for this Saturday also.:hump:

jabbronies
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Sven-Goran Eriksson is free

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00607/sven_280x390_607616a.jpg
Shut up Sven

InTheCrowd
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Why would you even want Sven over Schuster, Rijkaard, Scolari or Klinnsman?

Yohan
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd shit my pants if Bernd Schuster ever coaches TFC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Schuster

spezz44
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Does this save mojo's job one way or the other? should be interesting to see how this plays out. Say they miss the playoffs with JC i think mojo would have been canned, now if they miss he can blame it on this. If they make the playoffs, it will be because of a strong squad he put together despite a coaching change??

bhoybobby
04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Wait, hasn't Mo confirmed that it's going to be Cummins or Dasovic for this season for sure?

EDIT: Bernd Schuster anyone?

He hasn't got a the note from the Assman yet

InTheCrowd
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
He hasn't got a the note from the Assman yet

Thanks for the update. :)

etro
04-28-2009, 01:26 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00607/sven_280x390_607616a.jpg
Shut up Sven

ahahaha took the words right out of my mouth

Hustle
04-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Klinsmann just got fired from Bayern Munich. Coincidence? ;)

He shouldn't have messed with landycakes...that was the beginning of the end.