PDA

View Full Version : Hire Holger Osieck Petition

sampace
04-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Let's get a petition going for the next game, let's bring Holger Osieck back to Canada. He loves Canada and would be a great coach for this squad. It is time for us to move on from Carver. Go TFC! :canada:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM
ive back JC since day one he was truley the heart of this club!....but id have to agree..whats done is done...Time to move forward...Carver is now yesterdays news!

sulfur
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm not convinced that he'd be a good fit for us to be honest.

TFC07
04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I believe DeRo doesn't like Holger Osieck. I think they got some bad history together.

ballerz
04-25-2009, 11:58 PM
#1) Holger Osieck doesn't know the MLS
#2) I see Osieck will want full reigns and kind of run the entire soccer operations, effectively taking over for Mo Johnston
#3) He does not have the connections to the places where MLS finds cheap, young and quality talent (Latin and South America)

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-26-2009, 01:09 AM
If Cummins - Dasovic don’t work out I would like to see TFC go with either a Canadian or Central / South American coach. A Canadian coach would be nice for obvious reasons, plus there wouldn’t be the pull of "back home" to deal with. A coach from Latin America would be good because he could tap into the talent pool seemingly best suited to the MLS. Similarly, maybe a coach from Africa?

Oldtimer
04-26-2009, 05:54 AM
I would go with Cummins first, give him the chance and see how he works out.
Failing that (or if he fails), I'd go with someone who has experience in MLS as a coach or an assistant. Foreign coaches don't seem to work as well in our flukey league.

jloome
04-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Paul Marriner might be a good bet. Been Nicol's assistant forever now at New England.

nascarguy
04-26-2009, 06:15 AM
there going to name a new coach by monday or tuesday

Nuvinho
04-26-2009, 07:01 AM
^ Is this good news for Cummins and Winsper? or can we see our teams fitness go in the shitter?

Yohan
04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
^ Is this good news for Cummins and Winsper? or can we see our teams fitness go in the shitter?
It's not the end of the world if Winsper leaves too.

He created a good fitness system, so as long as TFC hires a competent fitness coach to carry out Winnsper's system, it'll be more or less the same

Nuvinho
04-26-2009, 07:36 AM
It's not the end of the world if Winsper leaves too.

He created a good fitness system, so as long as TFC hires a competent fitness coach to carry out Winnsper's system, it'll be more or less the same

If that's the case.......then all if fine. I am sure Shawn (asst. trainer) learnt alot from him. Just don't want to end up like other MLS teams (ie. look how Barrett looked when he came over here).

FCBarcelona
04-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Let's get a petition going for the next game, let's bring Holger Osieck back to Canada. He loves Canada and would be a great coach for this squad. It is time for us to move on from Carver. Go TFC! :canada:
======
one word,

No

sampace
04-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Why not? No one has talked about technically why he would be a poor choice. Holger did a great job with Canada, look at the tape of the Gold Cup Performance by Canada. He did an excellent job sitting up development until the CSA ruined it after firing him. He coaches an offensive style of game focusing on ball posession and passing instead of the English Style long ball.

He has a good track record of winning wherever he has coached. If you are a good coach I do not understand why you must be familiar with the MLS, you either can coach soccer or you can't. He can coach soccer. Recruiting players is Mo Johnston's job so if you want more South American players ask Mo to get it done! Tell me who would make a better coach and why please. Leave recruiting out of it as that is the GM's job unless you propose we fire Mo Johnston and hire a GM/Coach combo!

LucaGol
04-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Is our collective knowledge of available coaches so poor that we've narrowed down the candidates to Holger Osieck and Dale Mitchell?

Come on people.

tfc007
04-26-2009, 09:35 AM
OHHHHHHH,Danny Dichio

rocker
04-26-2009, 09:46 AM
if he's such hot shit, why does Holger rarely stay at a pro team for longer than 1 season? I'd genuinely like to know from anyone who follows his career closely.

I ask this same question of players, when people are doing Wikipedia scouting.... some players move to a diff team every single season.. which a sign of something -- what, I'm not entirely sure.

InTheCrowd
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Jupp Heynkes
Gianluca Vialli
Gérard Houllier

Why Osieck?