PDA

View Full Version : Will players play harder for Cummins??

Bars92
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
How will the players respond, having a change from Carver's coaching style?

InTheCrowd
04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Why would they play harder for Cummins than Carver?

Bars92
04-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Why would they play harder for Cummins than Carver?

Take that as a no.

InTheCrowd
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Take that as a no.

Well I'd like to know why they'd play harder for Cummins than Carver before making a decision.

Ratven
04-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Because the majority of them didn't play particularly hard for Carver on most nights.

sully
04-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't know if they'll play harder for Cummins than Carver..but I think the next few days and week and how Mo manages what happens in that time will determine if we have success or not this season...if he does things badly, team morale will suffer and cracks will appear....if Mo manages this time well, the players will pull together and a renewed belief will motivate the players to success.. It's all down to Mo now.

Detroit_TFC
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but I'm not sure that one game constitutes sufficient evidence that Cummins style is different that Carvers.

Ratven
04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but I'm not sure that one game constitutes sufficient evidence that Cummins style is different that Carvers.

Time will tell

Yohan
04-25-2009, 01:25 PM
unless you're a mind reader, how do you know if the players will play harder for cummins than carver?

rocker
04-25-2009, 01:28 PM
playing "hard" isn't a problem. Barrett, for example, plays hard. Same with De Ro and Robbo and Serioux and..... I could go on.

Pachuco
04-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Well they sure didn't react to Carver, so the real question is whether they'll react to Carver being gone. I have a feeling this team will react in a good way.

InTheCrowd
04-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Cummins didn't do anything last game.

unless you're a mind reader, how do you know if the players will play harder for cummins than carver?

Exactly. :)

Shep
04-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Could swing either way, some might play harder, some might not.. but I think it will have less to do with Cummins - and more to do with how they each deal with their coach leaving. At least for the next game.

Pachuco
04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Cummins didn't do anything last game.

Exactly. :)

Actually, you don't know that Cummins didn't do anything last game. I'm not saying he did, not saying he didn't. It was a completely different lineup and formation then Carver has done, so it's not out of the realm to think that Cummins was allowed to choose his lineup since he was on the sidelines and Carver wasn't.

Bars92
04-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I figure that this team has the talent (CB and striker positions are debatable). Perhaps they will play better for a new boss. Maybe there were too many personality conflicts under JC.

Sonny Cheeba
04-25-2009, 02:15 PM
they should be playing hard no matter what.

shit thread btw.

Bars92
04-25-2009, 02:23 PM
you still posted in it mate :) ^

Sonny Cheeba
04-25-2009, 02:25 PM
haha i know. figured i'd be nice about calling a thread shit for once.

AL-MO
04-25-2009, 02:27 PM

shit thread btw.

What he said.

My first reaction was.....SERIOUSLY?!?

ExiledRed
04-25-2009, 02:28 PM

shit thread btw.

Correct,

If they were only playing their B game because they didnt like the coach they should all go with him.

Pachuco
04-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Well, to play devil's advocate here, it's not inconcievable to think that the players weren't motivated by Carver. You don't have to purposely be lazy to play unmotivated. Either way, as I said before. The real question is how the players react to Carver leaving. On the field.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Players tend to put in a some extra effort whenever a coaching change is made. Some players who were in Carver’s doghouse might see this as an opportunity to get into the side. Gala comes to mind, Cummins has praised his play in the past, he might put out some more effort in hopes of getting some playing time.

alexintoronto
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I know some coaches are better at motivating players. I don't know enough about Cummins to know if he will get more out of the players. I hope so, there have been games under Carver where the effort level of the team was lacking. Hopefully Cummins is able to change that.

trane
04-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Correct,

If they were only playing their B game because they didnt like the coach they should all go with him.

Agreed.

Beach_Red
04-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Correct,

Yes. The question for this thread should be, Will Cummins stick with his line-up from Wednesday?

Pachuco
04-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes. The question for this thread should be, Will Cummins stick with his line-up from Wednesday?

FUck me I HOPE SO!! :D

trane
04-25-2009, 03:01 PM
^ I hope so, and if it was realy Cummins that came up with the line up and if he was teh De Facto head coach on Wensday that he shuold be given a shot, although I prefer a more expirienced guy.

kitchener-TFC
04-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I figure that this team has the talent (CB and striker positions are debatable). Perhaps they will play better for a new boss. Maybe there were too many personality conflicts under JC.
Carver always seemed like a coach who brought players together.
Cummings usually seems chipper, so lets hope it rubs off on the players.

bhoybobby
04-25-2009, 04:44 PM

I'll bet Vitti & Dichio start, as long as we do that we have a shout, Keep Harmse & RR away from the field & we should have a decent chance

Super
04-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Let's give Cummins, as well as the team, all the support possible at tomorrow's game. If we get a good result then there's no reason why we shouldn't invite Cummins as our new coach (although temporary) with open arms.

Derko
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Well they sure didn't react to Carver, so the real question is whether they'll react to Carver being gone. I have a feeling this team will react in a good way.

Well, I do agree, the players are professionals and will react as such.

Get on with the game!!