PDA

View Full Version : Velez

James17930
04-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Can we please all finally lay off of him now? Can we all finally admit that any problems he had last year had more to do with growing pains in a new league and some suspect people playing beside him?

I'm not trying to say he's super great, but I've never thought he was bad, and he's certainly a lot better at that position than Harmse, and he needs to be in there getting better and getting familiar with Serioux so he can be confident taking over the spot.

Let's rally behind him instead of shitting on him, okay? :)

Lucky Strike
04-25-2009, 07:09 AM
He's certainly more technically gifted, but he'll need many more good performances for many of us to forget how many brain cramps he had last year.

Carter
04-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Can we avoid making threads that could create flame wars? there will always be people who dislike Velez, but im glad he earned his spot, he deserves it much more than harmse.

Yohan
04-25-2009, 08:21 AM
let's give velez a few games to see if he's still a liability in the back

Kooper
04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
The game against Chivas was the best one he has played since he scored last season. I think he has a future as the third center back behind the new pick up we have all been speculating about.

Carter
04-25-2009, 08:29 AM
let's give velez a few games to see if he's still a liability in the back

The biggest liability we have in the back is Harmse and now, he wont be playing..

Velez Serioux combo was deadly, and will be deadly tomorrow! :hump:

Nuvinho
04-25-2009, 08:44 AM
IF Velez turns out to be a decent serviceable CB for us, I will be the first one to admit that I was wrong. I have been on this guy since day one about him being a liability.

Pachuco
04-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Velez hasn't earned his spot. He's played one game. And I personally think Serioux was a maniac beast that game so Velez didn't have much to do. Last year when Harmse played CB for Velez people were saying that Harmse found his role at CB.

Personally, we just have to wait and see. We didn't bench Velez, Carver did, so don't forget that not even Carver has much confidence in him.

As for right now, he's definately earned a start on Sunday.

mclaren
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, he's MILES better than Harmse so I am happy he's out there for lack of a new signing.