PDA

View Full Version : Teens charged after woman burned at Toronto FC game

Eastend
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Two teenagers are facing charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon and assault causing bodily harm, after a woman was burned by a flare fired in the stands at Wednesday's Toronto FC game.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/623324

MrHawk
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I know of the one guy.

Nodoubtguy
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
While play continued, fans identified the two young men and appeared to even help restrain them, leading to a quick arrest.

wow....something positive about fans

billyfly
04-23-2009, 02:04 PM
At least they mention how people restrained them. This shows how it's some isolated crazies not the whole lot of us.

Eastend
^^that what I thought also...

Boris
....dumbasses

TFC Cityboy
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
great...more "hooligan" publicity in the press.....at least they call out the fact that TFC supporters helped catch the idiots "While play continued, fans identified the two young men and appeared to even help restrain them, leading to a quick arrest."

dantdot
04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
This is just what we need right now. Glad they caught the morons.

phonzo
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
....dumbasses

sigh don't think there is more to say then that.

MrHawk
04-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I identified him from 114.

as Rudi said in the other thread, those 2 are lucky the cops got to him before they did.

Parkdale
04-23-2009, 02:09 PM
for me.....

I see the article as a good thing. It shows that police are actually taking on the douchebags and are actively trying to make BMO a safer place to go.

If the story just said that a woman got burnt, but didn't go into detail about the arrests, then we'd come off looking terrible.

DangerRed
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I know of the one guy.

Hope you're not friends with him. He sounds like a class-A asshole.

MrHawk
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
He's just your typical suburbian punk kid.

I dunno what's worse. The police sentencing, or the beatings from mama, tata and the siba he'll get for weeks to come.

ensco
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
NY Rangers fans threw all kinds of shit on the ice at MSG at end of game 3.
TSN thought it was funny. Didn't see a word about it in any newspaper.

yellowfellow
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Just say you dont know him. Next thing you know....some reporter will say "Friends of RPB are arrested..."

MrHawk
04-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know him, know him.

I know OF him. It's Stoney Creek. Your misery, is your neighbours gossip.

Stugatzo
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
idiots.

C.Ronaldo
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
"It's Stoney Creek"

enough said

j/k

Mikey
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Only one Franjic listed in Stoney creek in the phone book, imagine that.....:rolleyes:

Eastend
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM
OK, no lynch mob now.....I'm sure he's got plenty to deal with already.

MUFC_Niagara
04-23-2009, 02:36 PM
OK, no lynch mob now.....I'm sure he's got plenty to deal with already.

It's a case of a kid making a bad decision and now he has to pay for it. I don't think he was purposely trying to hurt anyone.

Dale_Rojo
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
well this is kind of a double edged sword, first of all Restraining Another TFC fan?? wtf why do you need to restrain them , just tell the kid to put it out . Also wtf did the woman do? try to grab the flare? If she did ill lol...... Maybe this will drive the soccer moms the fk outa the south end...... :rolleyes: I honestly dont get the double standard on here though.... Columbus as an example........ Same with outside of BMO and even inside last year..... This "event" just shows how a dedicated PURE sg is needed at BMO and if you can't see that you are totally blind.:drinking::noidea:

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read DR. First of all, I don't think anyone restrained the kids, I think they just pointed them out. And second...who cares what the woman did, it's not her fault!

There is no double standard.

But you're right, this incident does prove something. If we had control of our sections, most of this stuff would be done away with. Don't know what you mean by "pure" SG, but that is what I assume you meant.

And most people don't disagree with that, so I am not sure who could be referred to as "blind".

FluSH
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Two teenagers are facing charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon and assault causing bodily harm, after a woman was burned by a flare fired in the stands at Wednesday's Toronto FC game.

Great way to get the message accross... and I'm glad it was written without any attempt to sellout to a 'hooligan' story or by trying to blame the supporters.

Daniel Girard thanks for telling it like it is... Cathal Kelly you should take notes on how it's done.

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
And Gareth Wanker.

JDG
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=276178

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_33966.aspx

SuperTCP
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Idiots...

Luckily things were not worse, I remember hearing a story of a father who died at a game (not TFC) where a thrown flare burned through his chest.

on a side note, did these guys have seasons in section 114? If so, I hope they are offered to the next person on the waiting list.

JamboAl
04-23-2009, 02:45 PM
^ Are you freakin' well?? How do you know if the woman was a soccer mom; does it matter? She was burned by a flare, she was an innocent party. Why am I bothering to respond to this?

Oldtimer
04-23-2009, 02:45 PM
City News also omitted the fans help.

Wait until the sensationalism starts getting ramped up. We haven't seen anything yet.

spezz44
04-23-2009, 02:46 PM
just saw a video on CP24 talking about columbus and that bullshit and comparing the two, saying bmo need to get safer and crap. alll bulllshit to meeeee.

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Wanker is already writing his article from his apartment in his mom's basement.

SuperTCP
The only good outcome from this is that hopefully this will scare the average person from buying tickets in the Supporters from scalpers and then hopefully in one way or another they go to true supporters.

Steve
well this is kind of a double edged sword, first of all Restraining Another TFC fan?? wtf why do you need to restrain them , just tell the kid to put it out . Also wtf did the woman do? try to grab the flare? If she did ill lol...... Maybe this will drive the soccer moms the fk outa the south end...... :rolleyes: I honestly dont get the double standard on here though.... Columbus as an example........ Same with outside of BMO and even inside last year..... This "event" just shows how a dedicated PURE sg is needed at BMO and if you can't see that you are totally blind.:drinking::noidea:

(Redacted, shouldn't sink to other's level...) Someone throws a flare at our own fans and you're blaming the person hit with the flare and those who tried to restrain them? You do know that there were a bunch of fans (notibly those almost hit by the flare) who would have done more than "restrain" this fellow right?

Grow up, doing dangerous stuff (especially dangerous for other people) and destroying property isn't "cool", and I love how you assume the person hit with a FLYING FLARE was a stupid soccer mom. Smooth.

FluSH

Do you honestly think the woman is going to try an pickup the flare?! Are you kidding me?!

Also, it's not our job to restrain other fans... there are security and cops to do that... however when some scum with no cojones throws a flare at us... guess what?! You'll be lucky if all other fans do is restrain you...

You need to have some sense here.

Roogsy
just saw a video on CP24 talking about columbus and that bullshit and comparing the two, saying bmo need to get safer and crap. alll bulllshit to meeeee.

Wha?

OMG...

:rolleyes:

billyfly
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Saw this "connection" coming.....

Roogsy
Dale Rojo...quit while you are ahead. You are not coming across very well here. Not reasonable at all. Give it a rest.

spezz44
Wha?

OMG...

:rolleyes:

sorry if that didnt make much sense at work and was talking on the phone when i wrote that haha.

maninb

Good!!! hope they get a heavy sentence/fine, and this discourages the other a-holes who bring in flares!

Eastend
Great way to get the message accross... and I'm glad it was written without any attempt to sellout to a 'hooligan' story or by trying to blame the supporters.

Daniel Girard thanks for telling it like it is... Cathal Kelly you should take notes on how it's done.

Well, TSN has run the article but omited the part where the fans helped apprehend the perps.

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 02:51 PM
sorry if that didnt make much sense at work and was talking on the phone when i wrote that haha.

Oh no...it made sense. I just can't believe the stupidity of CP24.

Dale_Rojo
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
nothing was mentioned about "flare throwing"

maninb
lol. douchebag? why? Im not a douchebag and i dont think you would find me selling any tfc supporters out. Sure it might have been a dumb move. But i would approach the kids and talk to them , maybe even help them put it out? i would not rat them out to coppers. About my other points there were flares in and around BMO last year..... but noone seemed to care ...... why now? and how does a woman get burned if she isint reaching for the flare? I've handled flares before......even a kid would know not to set it off on someone else.... i fear that there is more to this story than is being realeased. My .2c I bet the Woman is a mother. Also i bet she thought she should police these teens. Grabbed at the flare burned herself? Now that sounds pretty reasonable....

Can't you read??? It says it was THROWN and LANDED ON HER THIGH!! Why you trying to lay blame opn her?

Ageroo
here we go again......in reference to the media spinning out of control

Dale_Rojo
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
well everyone on here can sit here and speculate about what did or did not transpire and why or why not, this or that happened. I was simply offering a view not discussed on here...... Calm down peeps.

Steve
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
lol. douchebag? why? Im not a douchebag and i dont think you would find me selling any tfc supporters out. Sure it might have been a dumb move. But i would approach the kids and talk to them , maybe even help them put it out? i would not rat them out to coppers. About my other points there were flares in and around BMO last year..... but noone seemed to care ...... why now? and how does a woman get burned if she isint reaching for the flare? I've handled flares before......even a kid would know not to set it off on someone else.... i fear that there is more to this story than is being realeased. My .2c I bet the Woman is a mother. Also i bet she thought she should police these teens. Grabbed at the flare burned herself? Now that sounds pretty reasonable....

And, from, I don't know, actually being at the game and seeing the incident, I "bet" that the kid actually threw the flare, from section 110 (or thereabouts) INTO section 114. Further, I bet the person didn't have time to get away from the flare before it hit them. I'm sorry, what was your point again?

spezz44
04-23-2009, 02:55 PM

well if you were at the game you probablly would have seen the flares flying, and if you were i have no idea how you missed em.

Dale_Rojo
04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
dont belive everything in the paper. thought you learned that already...

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
What you don't realize is that you are in a roundabout way justifying or minimizing what those kids did. And as minor as we may or may not see it...you can already see the media taking this and using it to justify their unfair portrayal of supporters groups. If that happens...when do you think a "pure" SG will ever happen? Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

MrHawk
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
I hope no one bothers to post his personal information.

He's facing jail time for sure.

Darlofletch
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Is it ok if I believe what i saw with my own eyes? Apologies for calling you a douchebag earlier, but if you want to make that bet you were talking about, I'll be more than happy to take you up on it.

:noidea:

SuperTCP
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I feel sorry for the lady, what if it was me, or you, or your wife or girlfriend , or your bud. Not cool.

These guys are idiots, thats it.

I am glad they caught them and I hope they are not part of any of the SG , as we do not need that bad publicity.

Also glad they caught them so they can point fingers at them , rather the all TFC fans as a whole.

Actually they should point fingers at the secuirty as well - how did they get in with the flares?

F#$#! Now it's going to take us longer to get into a game as secuirty throughly checks bags, etc. Thanks alot you flare throwing jack asses!

KrazyKanadian
04-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Anyone notice that Girard did not once say that it was a TFC fan or supporter that did this? I'm glad he had the integrity to not pull the hooligan card.

Toronto police allege two young men from Stoney Creek were sitting in the stands at BMO Field during the TFC-Chivas USA game when they each ignited a flare torch and threw them toward the soccer pitch.

spezz44
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
guy on CP24 was speculating on how they got them in, he said through the fence, really would not be hard at all in my opinon.

Phil
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM

We were there, it was thrown end of.

The only person who sounds like they are commenting without being informed is you.

UltraFootyKWC
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM

I don't think anybody had to "rat them out" as you say. I was way over in section 117 and even I saw them throw the flares, and then I saw the two run from there seats down the tunnel. Now if I saw that from all the way over in 117, I would think that the 10-15 cops and security officers that were right there saw the whole thing for themselves.

And since you haven't even read what actually happened. The guy threw the lit flare (accidentally or not) in to a crowd of people and hit the woman. How can you even think that someone would puposely burn themself with a flare? And what does being a mother have to do with anything here?

You're completely out to lunch? Now that sounds pretty reasonable.

SuperTCP
04-23-2009, 03:12 PM
guy on CP24 was speculating on how they got them in, he said through the fence, really would not be hard at all in my opinon.

Which fence? The black iron around BMO? If so, these morons are f-ing thin.

spezz44
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
pretty hard to miss them flying in the air as i previously posted

spezz44
04-23-2009, 03:14 PM

thats what he had, and for sure it was speculation, not was i think just what the douche said haha

Darlofletch
04-23-2009, 03:14 PM

One of them goes in with no flares or anything, meets up with his friend on the other side of the fence, then his friend comes in with no flares or anything.

spezz44
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
note to self dont bring flares to the jays game tonight, haha. not trying to make light of the situation but this really sucks for these kids, made a dumb mistake and their gunna have to live with the consequences.

SuperTCP
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
One of them goes in with no flares or anything, meets up with his friend on the other side of the fence, then his friend comes in with no flares or anything.

True - both could of left bag with flares outside one of the fences, then gone in with tickets and later grabbed the bag through the gate.

But this seems to smart for someone who later decides "let me throw this flare into the crowd"

GingerNinja
04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
People were wondering about the woman, she probably didn't even see it coming. From where it was thrown, and the angle it went at her, if she was intently watching the pitch she would have had no idea it was coming.
It flew over my head at the front of 112, and I didn't know until it was at peoples heads in 113. It could have gotten me in the head and I would not have known.
And after watching the trouble security man had trying to stomp out the other one on the pitch, it looks like those things want to burn really bad. It probably would have taken a bit to put that thing out.

SuperTCP
04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
L-Wag, that's f-d up. Glad it did not hit you or anyone else in the head.

grizzle
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
My mom works in the section where this happened and she told me she went over to tell them to put the flares down on the ground but instead the idiots decided to throw them down into the crowd below. After that they took off running and she tried to follow for a bit but could not find them after going down the stairs. I guess they caught them ;)

Carts
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
CP24 just did a live hit from BMO field about this...

We could win the MLS Cup & they might not go live to BMO the day after...

Reporter was fair - but kinda slammed the team as he said over and over that calls have gone unreturned, hinting the team was hiding something...

He did point out it was an isolated incient, but then went on to say "...one woman at the game said she was affraid..." making it sound like all hell was breaking loose...

Not a slam job, but just more negative attention...

Thank god we caught these two morons!

Carts...

mr k
04-23-2009, 05:31 PM
one woman at the game said she was affraid..."

that is said in every Citytv newscast - usually of someone saying that this neighbourhood used to be so safe, but now...it's so scary with (fill in as required) jay walker, loud talker etc... on the loose.

TFC_4_Life
04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
People are talking about the need to restrain our own fans as the remedy for these problems. There was nothing more that could have been done with the incident yesterday. The two young kids did it right in front of me and almost instantaneously were chased away by security. There was nothing more that could have been done to avoid the incident.

jabbronies
04-23-2009, 05:55 PM
The women didn't see it coming. A few of us in 110 saw it happen.

The 2 douches in 111 lit the flares and held them in the air for a few seconds.

Then like little pussies, when they saw the cops and security pointing them out, one of the douches hail mary'd it into the supporters section into an unsuspecting crowd, the other was tossed onto the pitch...End of story. No BS. No over dramatization.

TFC_4_Life
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
The stupid kids didn't plan on throwing the flares into the crowd, the security saw them and the kids panicked and just tossed them. Not to defend them, because that was one of the dumbest and most dangerous things they could have done. Hopefully they are properly punished for their dumb idea.

This is clearly a case of some easily influenced teens watching Green Street Hooligans and Football Factories and thinking they will be admired and cool for being such badasses with flares. They obviously don't really understand what it is all about.

jabbronies
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
As soon as they were tossed, the cops on the ground between 111 and 112 and infront of 110 made a dash for the corridors. They must've gotten the beat downs for sure.

tfc110
04-23-2009, 06:08 PM

wow.

Dirk Diggler
04-23-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm glad the security managed to find the guys. Too many times in the past douche bags have been able to get away scotch free.

craz11
04-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm not going to bother reading the thread. Just tell you what I saw.

The idiots were sitting in 110. Around row 10-12, on the south end of the row. The one guy threw his flare directly into 112. I was shocked that anyone would do something so stupid and dangerous. No one in 112 would've seen it coming, it could have easily seriously hurt someone.

From my spot against the rail in 111, I was going to beat the living piss out of the kid, but people in my row restrained me. I'm glad he got arrested, and I hope he gets the book thrown at him. Again, someone could have been seriously injured in the Red Patch section.

It's the single stupidest thing I have ever seen at a TFC match.

craz11
04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Ok.. i just read some of the posts.

The guys didn't run. The one guy just stood there and waved on people as they chanted TASER! TASER! TASER!

Secondly, the guys were in 110. NOT 111.

MUFC_Niagara
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
well everyone on here can sit here and speculate about what did or did not transpire and why or why not, this or that happened. I was simply offering a view not discussed on here...... Calm down peeps.

We aren't speculating you tit! We were there! We saw these idiots light them up, try to hide them, then throw them on the pitch and into 114 where some poor unsuspecting lady took it in the thigh and got burned to the point where she required sufficient enough medical attention that the police had enough grounds to charge them with "Assault Causing Bodily Harm." This is an offence which carries a maximum sentence of a term of imprisonment not exceeding 10 years! WAKE UP!

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-23-2009, 06:40 PM
We aren't speculating you tit! We were there! We saw these idiots light them up, try to hide them, then throw them on the pitch and into 114 where some poor unsuspecting lady took it in the thigh and got burned to the point where she required sufficient enough medical attention that the police had enough grounds to charge them with "Assault Causing Bodily Harm." This is an offence which carries a maximum sentence of a term of imprisonment not exceeding 10 years! WAKE UP!

was in 114 ...and didnt see it coming as i was watching the match...these pucks should be charged to the maximum and pay the $2,000 for the
damage to the turf ( or their folks)...i think they days of attending anything at BMO are over.

Eastend
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
The $2,000 fine to fix the turf is the least of their worries....especially the 18 year old....the charges are indictable offenses and carry serious jail time.

MUFC_Niagara
04-23-2009, 06:58 PM
The $2,000 fine to fix the turf is the least of their worries....especially the 18 year old....the charges are indictable offenses and carry serious jail time.

The Assault Causing Bodily Harm especially. The evidence is the wound and if the body can't heal itself and requires medical attention to repair it then its pretty well a done deal for a conviction. This has certainly been the case for the incidents I have dealt with. The young offender will have his record sealed when he turns 18.

MUFC_Niagara
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
The Assault is an indictable offence and carries a max 5 yerm term and I believe the mischief under $5000 is a summary offence, i'm not sure what that carries.

Edit: forgot about the Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous purpose which is also an indictable offence that carries a max term of 10 years.

These are very serious charges.

Rhapido
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM

You can't be serious.

Blizzard
04-23-2009, 07:15 PM

Lubed condoms perhaps?

Blizzard
04-23-2009, 07:17 PM
People were wondering about the woman, she probably didn't even see it coming. From where it was thrown, and the angle it went at her, if she was intently watching the pitch she would have had no idea it was coming.
It flew over my head at the front of 112, and I didn't know until it was at peoples heads in 113. It could have gotten me in the head and I would not have known.
And after watching the trouble security man had trying to stomp out the other one on the pitch, it looks like those things want to burn really bad. It probably would have taken a bit to put that thing out.

I was front row of 113. I saw it coming. I just couldn't believe it.

... and as for a certain somebody saying 'tell them to put it out', you just don't put out a road flare. It's not quite that simple.

Rhapido
04-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I bet the Woman is a mother. Also i bet she thought she should police these teens. Grabbed at the flare burned herself? Now that sounds pretty reasonable....

OK, now I know you're joking.

Rhapido
04-23-2009, 07:21 PM

Yah, so was Hitler. Give it up.

jabbronies
04-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok.. i just read some of the posts.

The guys didn't run. The one guy just stood there and waved on people as they chanted TASER! TASER! TASER!

Secondly, the guys were in 110. NOT 111.

I sit in 110 closer to the ailse with 109.
It very well could've been from 110, All I know it was to left of me. Closer to the 111 side.

Red CB Toronto
04-23-2009, 07:31 PM
My brother and I were in the beer garden and saw the flares flying around, I wonder why no one in the past have been charged with the dangerous weapon charge at BMO as flairs have been thrown a couple times from the southend. I have a hard time that it would be hard at all to spot them.

Now if someone had a flair gun and shot say from the 200 level that would be a different story. I saw at flair shot onto the field from outside the stadium earlier this year at Burnley, now that was something to see, it just flew out of nowhere.

Rhapido
04-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Anyone notice that Girard did not once say that it was a TFC fan or supporter that did this? I'm glad he had the integrity to not pull the hooligan card.

Toronto police allege two young men from Stoney Creek were sitting in the stands at BMO Field during the TFC-Chivas USA game when they each ignited a flare torch and threw them toward the soccer pitch.

Daniel interviewed my son and I when we were in KC for the season opener. He seemed genuine in his appreciation of TFC and their supporters. Every article I've read of his since that time tends to take a more even-keeled approach than most of the sensationalist drivel others seem to only write.

Blizzard
04-23-2009, 07:34 PM
OK, now I know you're joking.

Ya, he must be. Like she grabbed it with her thigh? Ya, that makes a great deal of sense.

TERSIGNI
04-23-2009, 07:44 PM
How in the world do the flares get in, when security is supposed to be checking for stuff like that. Secondly, did anyone say anything to these jerks when they lit the flares. There had to be someone sitting next to them. And third, why blame the woman who was hit. She is a paying customer who only came to watch the game in the freezing cold.

AL-MO
04-23-2009, 07:46 PM
My brother and I were in the beer garden and saw the flares flying around, I wonder why no one in the past have been charged with the dangerous weapon charge at BMO as flairs have been thrown a couple times from the southend. I have a hard time that it would be hard at all to spot them.

Now if someone had a flair gun and shot say from the 200 level that would be a different story. I saw at flair shot onto the field from outside the stadium earlier this year at Burnley, now that was something to see, it just flew out of nowhere.

Flares have never been thrown at other supporters. They were always only thrown on the pitch.

AL-MO
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
How in the world do the flares get in, when security is supposed to be checking for stuff like that. Secondly, did anyone say anything to these jerks when they lit the flares. There had to be someone sitting next to them. And third, why blame the woman who was hit. She is a paying customer who only came to watch the game in the freezing cold.

There are many ways to get this stuff in.

Inklink
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
What the bloody hell is these morons' problem. What kind of a cucking funt do you have to be to think throwing flares is fun, funny, or a sign of support.

They should tie them up to posts next game and let TFC players take shots at them :angry:

greatwhitenorf
04-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Maybe these perps didn't do it to be funny. Maybe they're hired mercenaries working for CFL Black Ops Dept.

dantdot
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
^ I saw black helicopters in the area, Cathal Kelly teamed up with the Freemasons.

Daveisonfire
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
....dumbasses

qft.

Sally Mack
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
F#$#! Now it's going to take us longer to get into a game as secuirty throughly checks bags, etc. Thanks alot you flare throwing jack asses!
My thoughts exactly :(

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
There are many ways to get this stuff in.

Shit my first thought is they stuffed them down their pants. If I did that my wife wouldn't notice a difference :D

Rocco
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM

???
???
???
???

edit: still confused

AL-MO
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't bother quoting that Rocco.

H Bomb
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM

so we're blaming people for not dealing properly with the fire that was hurled at them from distance? Also we dont want women in the south end? This is all very silly, if that'd happened near me I would have dragged those guys into the cop cars myself.

MUFC_Niagara
04-23-2009, 09:57 PM
so we're blaming people for not dealing properly with the fire that was hurled at them from distance? Also we dont want women in the south end? This is all very silly, if that'd happened near me I would have dragged those guys into the cop cars myself.

+1...I would have helped...

grizzle
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Let's not go there. - Jack

TFC_Chris
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Sigh.
Another reputable news source has put their comments in.
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/04/report-two-teenage-toronto-fc-fans.html
At least they acknowledge that fellow fans help catch the two, as well as that D_R's comments are not shared by the group.

the-lower-eastsider
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
i've just read pages of posts for at least an hour. and i still cant figure out the facts.

#1. what section did the flare land in? ive read/heard everything from section 112 to section 114. which was it?

#2. did anyone know the victim that was hit and was subsequently burned? is she OK?

#3. some say the flare came out of 110 while others say it came out of 111. where did it officially come from?

#4. some say both individuals fled on foot and some accounts say one of the accused stayed behind and mocked the supporters end and police. which is it?

the bottomline is that this act was reprehensible. we all know that. i'm just curious about the agreed statement of facts.

what were these kids thinking?

Cashcleaner
04-24-2009, 01:08 AM
1. I was in 112 and it looked to me that it landed in 113.

2. I don't know the victim, but the police has reported that a woman standing in the crowd was burned in the thigh.

3. I believe it came out of 110 near the walkway seperating that section and 111.

4. From the looks of it, the two flare throwers ran for it while two of their buddies (who I saw myself) stayed behind taunting those in 112/113.

The guys throwing the flare is bad enough, but I got no respect for their two douchebag friends who saw it hit a woman and still heckled the people shouting at their buddies who were legging it for the corridor. I would have loved to wipe the smug smiles of their faces...

morgank1986
04-24-2009, 01:41 AM
It landed about 5 feet from me, as I was on the aisle between 113 and 114. The woman it hit was surrounded by security pretty fast. It definitely came from the area around the entrance between 110 and 111.

Sad that this happened, for the woman who was burnt and for the rest of us who could be stuck with the repercussions. Worst of all this is what the majority of people will remember, not the great game and the power of the south end.

James Oliphant
04-24-2009, 02:58 AM
#2. did anyone know the victim that was hit and was subsequently burned? is she OK?

She's alright...treated at the stadium and released, no hospital. Though it was a second-degree burn. Not surprising, considering those fuckers burn at over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/04/24/9226041-sun.html

Dale_Rojo
04-24-2009, 04:20 AM

im just wondering , how exactly does one go about hiding a flare,,,, and they will get some community service and a pat on the bum. this is canada WAKE UP

Dale_Rojo
04-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Flares have never been thrown at other supporters. They were always only thrown on the pitch.
it was mighty windy yesterday....

Dirk Diggler
04-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Not really on topic but I just noticed that if someone were to see the thread title without having any context or knowledge of the incident, it would seem exponentially more serious than what it actually was (which was pretty serious in its own right)....

"Teens charged after woman burned at Toronto FC game "

:D

GBV
04-24-2009, 05:38 AM
for me.....

I see the article as a good thing. It shows that police are actually taking on the douchebags and are actively trying to make BMO a safer place to go.

If the story just said that a woman got burnt, but didn't go into detail about the arrests, then we'd come off looking terrible.

what he said!

Afra
04-24-2009, 06:10 AM
^ I saw black helicopters in the area, Cathal Kelly teamed up with the Freemasons.

Not the Masons - I did not receive orders.

denime
04-24-2009, 06:15 AM
I think this thread has pretty much reached the end.
What do you think should I closed it or you want to carry on with :deadhorse:

Mark in Ottawa
04-24-2009, 06:37 AM
"It's really disappointing," said Tom Anselmi, executive vice-president and chief operating officer of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. "Flares have been strictly prohibited since Day 1 at the building."
Anselmi noted fans helped alert security about the flare incident.
"Our fans have been terrific. If you read some of the stuff in the chat forums right now, they're the ones helping to self-police.

"But stuff like that, there just no room for that. That's dangerous and stupid and we're just not going to put up with it."

There it is. Tread lightly on doing stupid things at BMO or the authorities will have no choice but to place further restrictions on all of us.

Oldtimer
04-24-2009, 07:28 AM
So, Paul B. is reading the forums, Carver is at least aware of what's being said, now Anselmi is reading the forums. A lot of journalists come here first.

This is a real plus for us. We get to tell our side of the story, so that we don't get falsely labeled as part of the problem, but part of the solution, which we really are.

boban
04-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I think this thread has pretty much reached the end.
What do you think should I closed it or you want to carry on with :deadhorse:
If anybody :deadhorse: it is you.
Must you jump on every thread with this comment?

FluSH
04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
So, Paul B. is reading the forums, Carver is at least aware of what's being said, now Anselmi is reading the forums. A lot of journalists come here first.

This is a real plus for us. We get to tell our side of the story, so that we don't get falsely labeled as part of the problem, but part of the solution, which we really are.

I have to give credit to reporters like Daniel Girard and Matthew Coutts for getting this message accross.

Unfortunately many of these wannabe's/kids might not read these forums, but now that it has been highlighted on the newspapers, they'll probably think twice before doing these stunts.

Roogsy
04-24-2009, 08:33 AM
If anybody :deadhorse: it is you.
Must you jump on every thread with this comment?

Well...Denime is in charge of the news and he does a good job of keeping this section well informed and flowing freely. So I'd take his recommendation over yours any day.

Denime...I am all for closing this up. People have had their say, no need to keep putting a focus on this. It happened, it was dealt with, people now know the real deal. Close her up!

MUFC_Niagara
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Well...Denime is in charge of the news and he does a good job of keeping this section well informed and flowing freely. So I'd take his recommendation over yours any day.

Denime...I am all for closing this up. People have had their say, no need to keep putting a focus on this. It happened, it was dealt with, people now know the real deal. Close her up!

good call.

Phil
04-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Closed