PDA

View Full Version : Cannot wait until Sunday!

mastermixer
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Yesterdays game was maybe one of the top 5 best all round TFC games to date. Not only was the play on the field good, the atmosphere might have been in my top 5 as well, probably since I was expecting a dud of a game because of the weather and opponent.
Lets hope we keep this momentum going through Sunday.
BTW (if you have been living under a rock) the weather will be a balmy 25 degrees and sunny! Should be a great game.

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Anyone who went home and watched the game again (like I did) can tell you that BMO Field has never sounded better.

Well...other than Dichio's first goal...(I can only imagine how loud it was) but then again, I wasn't there for that. :(

But on TV...last night sounded great. There were parts were the singing was almost perfect. If only we could figure out how to consistently do that...we'd be miles ahead of everyone in the league.

Nuvinho
04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I watched it last night after going home as well, and the crowd is always good on weeknight games!!!!!!

P.S. I may watch it later today again, when I get home.......hahaha!!!

flatpicker
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I would love to watch the game since I wasn't able to attend... just wish I knew how!

Yohan
04-23-2009, 10:30 AM
I would love to watch the game since I wasn't able to attend... just wish I knew how!
http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/

trust me. it is worth it

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
REPEAT coming on right now! 11:30am Goltv

Fort York Redcoat
Bring on Kansass.

mastermixer
http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/

trust me. it is worth it

totally worth it. 20 bucks for the season for almost every MLS game, and the quality is really good.

Nuvinho
coming on right now! 11:30am Goltv

Listen to when Mo is on - talks about a CB and a winger again...haha!!!

flatpicker
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
REPEAT coming on right now! 11:30am Goltv

damn! I wish I got Goltv!

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh gawd...the Mo interview was the only downside to re-watching the game.

He actually agreed with the non-call on Dichio! THAT WAS A PK!!! END OF STORY!

If Wynne's handball was a PK last week...the foul on Dichio was a PK this week.

Stinking MLS refs. :hulk:

Carter
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
damn! I wish I got Goltv!

Goltv is free for the next two months if your a rogers customer.

jabbronies
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Is i just me or does the sound seem to travel better at night?? or maybe it was the cloud cover??

trane
04-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I just want the boys, to keep their heads, and go into Sundays game with the same determination, and concetration. Same system, same level of play, we shuold win on Sunday. We must get full points out of the next to games, to keep things moving.

Nuvinho
May 6th, May 13th, June 24th - I am looking forward to those night games!!!

Yohan
Is i just me or does the sound seem to travel better at night?? or maybe it was the cloud cover??
lol. it's the night

dunno how accurate this is, but i got told that since you can't see in the night, your hearing gets more acute to compensate for lack of vision (survival instinct)

Sonny Cheeba
04-23-2009, 10:42 AM
there's generally less going on in the city at night. clouds wouldn't do anything. but the less amount of trains, cars, general noise.... all these things drop.

it could be psychological. distractions outside of the stadium are harder to see.... therefore more within the floodlights can be absorbed.

edit: and what yohan said.

and for YOHAN: UUUNNNDDEERRRRRRTAAAAKEEEEERRRRR

flatpicker
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Goltv is free for the next two months if your a rogers customer.

sounds nice... but I have rogers and don't see Goltv anywhere.

boooo!

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM

boooo!

Channel 428

BRed
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Agreed. Last night was a throw back, eventhough the stands weren't full the crowd sounded twice as strong as any game this year. This Sunday finally a game under the sun, let's see what the crowd brings after a strong performace by the team.

flatpicker
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Channel 428

hmmm... I must have the lower class Rogers... my channels don't go that high!

BRed
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM

boooo!

just call them and say you want to try it for free for 2 months before making a purchase, they usually let customers have that.

ballerz
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I like the Chivas games very much. Last year, the atmosphere was terrific. As you may recall, that was the game where we were short handed and field Rick Titus, Tim Regan, and Diaz Kambere. The whole crowd was pulling for our reserve team/guest players. When Rosenlund scored to give us the lead, the stadium was electric.

I think the fact that this was our first night game has somehing to do with the atmosphere. However, I want all night games to start at 8pm so that the fans can have a easier time making to the start of the game. We also need a night game jersey (maybe blue in colour).

Beach_Red
04-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh gawd...the Mo interview was the only downside to re-watching the game.

He actually agreed with the non-call on Dichio! THAT WAS A PK!!! END OF STORY!

If Wynne's handball was a PK last week...the foul on Dichio was a PK this week.

Stinking MLS refs. :hulk:

Maybe Mo and Carver are playing good cop-bad cop. If Mo went on TV and started complaining about the refs, too, how many calls would we get?

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
So don't complain. But don't praise a bad call either!

Steve
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Yesterdays game was maybe one of the top 5 best all round TFC games to date. Not only was the play on the field good, the atmosphere might have been in my top 5 as well, probably since I was expecting a dud of a game because of the weather and opponent.
Lets hope we keep this momentum going through Sunday.
BTW (if you have been living under a rock) the weather will be a balmy 25 degrees and sunny! Should be a great game.

Nooo! Don't you see? TFC is just screwing with us! They will lose until we give up all hope, and go into the game expecting a loss, then they'll pull out a win (just to give us enough hope back so it's even more painful when they start losing again).

So, supporters, I implore you, give up your hope for good! You have to believe, and I mean REALLY believe, that TFC is the worst team ever to play football. Go to the games expecting a blowout. Only by doing that can we trick TFC into winning.

trane
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I am getting nervous, I want to see the same team that played yesterday. I stopped carrying about the refs, they are shite. We just need to ignore them and play out game. We can with ten men, if we are on our game.

Beach_Red
04-23-2009, 12:13 PM
So don't complain. But don't praise a bad call either!

It was an odd question - what's he going to say? Either the ref got it right or the ref got it wrong. He didn't "praise" it, he just said it was the right call. Saying anything else would be saying the ref got it wrong.

I find these interviews so pointless, the goal for people being interviewed is to not say anything.

What I did think was the most interesting thing Mo said was that he thinks we have a very solid line-up that will get better with the addition of O'Brian White and the Gambian (though he got the country wrong, we're pretty sure that's what he meant ;)).

That sounded to me like he finally interfered with Carver and told him to change the line-up he was playing. But I'm just speculating.

scooter
04-23-2009, 01:04 PM
hmmm... I must have the lower class Rogers... my channels don't go that high!

you need a rogers box

but its way worth it - gol tv and setanta are awesome channels

rocker
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
my only concern for sunday is that we just played on Wednesday, which followed a Sunday game. could they be tired on sunday? hopefully Winsper has that worked out.

the good thing is KC actually has to play TONIGHT at home... so they should be more tired than us. they played at Shitcago last saturday.

MrHawk
04-23-2009, 01:48 PM
The atmosphere sounded great on GolTV.

It was definitely the loudest I've seen at BMO (Ranks up there with the match last year vs Chicago and New england when Zac took capo)

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I watched the highlights on my laptop and even then the atmosphere still sounded great.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2009, 01:55 PM
May 6th, May 13th, June 24th - I am looking forward to those night games!!!

we are the only team in MLS..with the majority of its games played in the afternoon.....

this has to change!:D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-23-2009, 01:56 PM
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/wicons/b.gif25C.......................................... .FINALLY!! :)