PDA

View Full Version : What a night! Adrian my Hero!

Pachuco
04-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Guys, honestly, Adrian deserves a round of a plause today. The guys was an absolutely beast. All over the place, he didn't lose a single 50/50 ball. Hell, when he didn't stand a chance at winning the ball he still came away with it. This man is our best player in my opinion.

And congrats to TFC!!! They played their best game of the season just when we needed them to. Alot of us had just about given up hope but they really came through today and I'm more then glad I froze my ass off for them.

Let's get Adrian a chant!

JonO
04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
^^^ I think someone from NEE had proposed a Serioux chant to the tune oh hava nagilah... it could work.

He's been the biggest and best surprise of the season for me thus far...

Ageroo
04-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Everyone named Adrian is good shit! ;)

TFC Bhoy
04-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. Anytime you thought they were coming down on him, BAM he somehow managed to get the ball. And when he had the ball and tried going on the offense, he had a couple great tricks up his sleeve to make them look foolish. Absolute great display from Serious tonight!!!

boysblue
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Agreed. I thought the whole squad played well tonight, but to me he was the best man on the park.....again.

MisterMacphisto
04-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Dude played so fucking awesome today.

He is a beast.

DavydMT
04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Every game you can see him improve and take more control.

Erkan16
04-22-2009, 10:54 PM
i love great defensive plays/players... and Serioux is quickly becoming my fav TFC player.

Cambridge_Red
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
^^^ I think someone from NEE had proposed a Serioux chant to the tune oh hava nagilah... it could work.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11714

For anyone that was at Failte in Waterloo on Sunday this is what I was trying to get us singing :D

Big Bruva
04-22-2009, 11:22 PM
lol i said he was jus what TFC needed especially if they were not gonna get another quality CB to play with him coz the way he plays he usually does his job and a bit of his CB partners job.

Very strong, has pace, very composed and intimidating, all these things are a strikers worse nightmare.

I remember laughing when i was reading quite a few people saying they didn't want him, oh man lol

zeelaw
04-22-2009, 11:26 PM
he was rockin... seriously

twistedchinaman
04-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Serioux + Velez = pretty good partnership.

MartinUtd
04-22-2009, 11:31 PM

Ya nice meetin ya man.

And Serioux was a fucking monster out there. I couldn't believe my own eyes.. a defender... wearing red... DOMINATING!

I just hope what ever chant serenade's him isnt one by Phil Collins

Shakes McQueen
04-22-2009, 11:31 PM
I'll admit I was skeptical of Serioux when he first came here - mostly because of his reputation of being "overly aggressive". But man, I've never been more glad to be wrong.

Serioux has been great so far. I still haven't seen tonight's game, but I can't wait to get home and see my recording. :D

- Scott

Big Bruva
04-22-2009, 11:32 PM

Also what i said i prefered rather than Serioux/Harmse.

I prefer Velez over Harmse.

rocker
04-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I'll admit I was skeptical of Serioux when he first came here - mostly because of his reputation of being "overly aggressive".

well, some of us reminded critics of two things in spring training: 1) his reputation doesn't match his stats -- he only had 1 red card in his whole career -- and 2) he was hurt with Dallas in pre-season and only started playing about a week before he joined TFC.... I remember when he got that red card in Charleston and there was this freakout on the board... but i felt at the time it was just rust, and he was taking liberties cuz it was preseason.

Shakes McQueen
04-22-2009, 11:42 PM
well, some of us reminded critics of two things in spring training: 1) his reputation doesn't match his stats -- he only had 1 red card in his whole career -- and 2) he was hurt with Dallas in pre-season and only started playing about a week before he joined TFC.... I remember when he got that red card in Charleston and there was this freakout on the board... but i felt at the time it was just rust, and he was taking liberties cuz it was preseason.

I wasn't really a critic - just more worried about everything I'd seen and heard about the guy. :D

- Scott

Rocco
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM

what's that AJ? hahahahaha

egoodwin
04-22-2009, 11:53 PM
we must have sung his song a good dozen times today, and each time he fully earned it

Cashcleaner
04-22-2009, 11:55 PM

No doubt! I think they are both hitting the same stride together and responding well. Aside from a few defensive hiccups - notably the breakdown in the second half, they are working well together.

BleedRed
04-22-2009, 11:57 PM

Ya, was with em all night. Best time of my life. That chant kicked ass also...it should be his official chant...it totally kicks ass IMO!

Jack
04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Velez and Serioux looked good together today. Velez is a big, strong guy and can still move. His muscle and aerial skills are far superior to Harmse. As long as he keeps it simple and lets Serioux do the fancy stuff, the pairing might work!

Flipityflu
04-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Adrian was definately my Man of the Match, and i think Marco Valez has earned a starting XI place...its good to see him improve over last year. they make a good duo.

Toronto_Bhoy
04-23-2009, 12:29 AM
He was brilliant tonight! Man of the match...IMO.

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Velez and Serioux looked good together today. Velez is a big, strong guy and can still move. His muscle and aerial skills are far superior to Harmse. As long as he keeps it simple and lets Serioux do the fancy stuff, the pairing might work!

I agree wholeheartedly. 100%.

Why Serioux was not given a defender to work with rather than a converted midfielder is anyone's guess. But I hope they don't switch back to Harmse...I will go completely grey.

Heathen
04-23-2009, 04:26 AM

I said the same thing to my buddies, Serioux just seems so much more comfortable playing alongside a regular defender. None of the unnecessarily hurried clearances this week.

ACSertL
04-23-2009, 07:21 AM

Agreed.

dannyd
04-23-2009, 07:32 AM
My biggest pet peeve in soccer is a panicky back line. For the first time in our club's short history we did not seem panicked at the back (except Brennan). Serioux deserves all the credit for this. He had a Premiership-type performance.

What a nice change from the Harmse howitzer into the stands or to the other team.

phonzo
04-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Dude played so fucking awesome today.

He is a beast.

QFT..

him, frei, cronin..great moves Mo :)

Ron Manager
04-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Serioux was a beast all night. MAn handled the Chivas forwards in an intimidating manner while playing well within the laws of the game. The man's body positioning is excellent. How many times did we see him step between the ball and the forward causing said forward to run into Serioux's back and fall down? Nothing looked better than Serioux calmly stepping away with the ball while the forward laid on the turf wondering what just happened and praying to be subbed off before he has to run into Serioux again. Massive performance.
As for Velez, he was also excellent. Yes, he made one or two errors, but that was easily the most composed I have seen him played. I have always believed the right partner could bring out better play in him and last night would seem to support that. The pairing of him and Serioux are mobile, physically intimidating, dominant in the air, pacey and able to distribute the ball. I am sure they will log many more minutes together after last night.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Serioux was my man of the match. WTF was with Barrett being selected for MOTM? Is TFC managment trying to give Barrett some positive reinforcement to help him find the back of the net?

Steve
04-23-2009, 09:02 AM

Before we declare them a good pairing, can we wait until we play away? If you recall, last year, Velez was a different player at BMO/away from BMO. He seems to get incredibly pumped up for home games (you can see it as he's interacting with the crowd) and can play a really solid game. Away (last year at least) was where he made most of his really stupid mistakes.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, or even that that pattern will hold again this year, I'm just taking a wait and see attitude.

Hitcho
04-23-2009, 09:11 AM
I thought the pairing last night looked really good and I'd like to see it given a run in the hope it develops. But don't forget that we had both Robbo and Cronin in front of the back four last night which would have helped the CBs maintain position and given them less covering to worry about.

Serioux was immense again last night though, totally agree with the OP.

Jack
04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Before we declare them a good pairing, can we wait until we play away? If you recall, last year, Velez was a different player at BMO/away from BMO. He seems to get incredibly pumped up for home games (you can see it as he's interacting with the crowd) and can play a really solid game. Away (last year at least) was where he made most of his really stupid mistakes.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, or even that that pattern will hold again this year, I'm just taking a wait and see attitude.
For sure.

As I said: "looked good together today" and "the pairing might work" :)

I'm not ready to crown them yet :D

Just liked the look of the pairing last night and would like to see more of the same. Certainly if they can continue to play like that, then it should be a no-brainer, but your observation of Velez is also quite correct.

Lucky Strike
04-23-2009, 09:31 AM

Completely agree. As I wrote in my player ratings, I kept expecting the clanger to come but it never did (except for that one moment where he lost it but got it back). Velez is for sure more technically gifted than Harmse (hell, I'm more technically gifted than Harmse) but we need to see if he can replicate his performance again.

Hitcho
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
There was one moment of pure genius by Velez last night, where he was the last defender, just outside the area, was being pressure by one of the Chivas forwards and pulled off a simple and yet quite brilliant turn to spin away and then lay the ball off. Luke Wileman described it as "cool, calm and collected". if he keeps that up, and the pairing holds, then it might ease the cries for the new CB a bit.

Jack
04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
One thing I saw from Velez last night that impressed me was that, on two or three occasions on offensive corners, he recovered the ball that Chivas had cleared and kept the pressure on. Very heads-up play.

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 09:44 AM
I agree with Pachuco.

We need a chant for Adrian stat!

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Serioux was my man of the match. WTF was with Barrett being selected for MOTM? Is TFC managment trying to give Barrett some positive reinforcement to help him find the back of the net?

Barrett did some very good things and I have no problems with it. His pressure on the defensive backs was glorious. I think he performs better in this setup than in the previous games setup.

As for Adrian...while Barrett got MOTM at the stadium, GolTV gave Serioux MOTM on TV. Personally...I think Serioux got the better deal. He was all over the GolTV coverage last night.

Billyboy
04-23-2009, 09:54 AM
I still think we need one more solid centre half, just to keep these boys on there toes...Serioux and Velez were dynamite last night, Harmse mist be shitting himself!! As for Barrett, Ive got a funny feeling Sunday will be his day!!

Jack
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree with Pachuco.

Just say the word, OH

Su-su-Serioux

Whoa-O

YQBT89MFnS8

JonO
04-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I agree with Pachuco.

If NEE are already running with the Hava Nagila tune then let's get it rockin the south end. Monst people are already familiar with it, it's easy to learn, and already being used. Last thing we need are three different Serious tunes going at the same time...

ExiledRed
04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Just say the word, OH

Su-su-Serioux

Whoa-O

YQBT89MFnS8

You know Ive been thinking about posting that.

great minds, I guess.

Gobi
04-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Serioux = MOTMFM!

I wasn't sure if NEE was singing his name to Hava Nagila or some sort of Russian folk tune, but I'm down with it. I don't get it, but it sounds cool.

TFC Tifoso
04-23-2009, 10:41 AM
This what we sing in 127.....

Serioux,
Adrian Serioux,
Adrian Serioux,
Adrian Seeeeriouuux,

Serioux,
Adrian Serioux,
Adrian Serioux,
Adrian Seeeeriouuux,

lala lalalala lala lalalala la lalala la la la la
HEY!
lala lalalala lala lalalala la lalala la la la la
HEY!

ENJdzrPPd50

Hitcho
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
No way will the south end get that tune right and in time together. We can barely manage the Dichio song. The Phil Collins tune has a much better chance, but i hate that guy! Still, Serioux should definitely have a song, the guy has been quality so far and makes a truck load of important tackles and interceptions each game.

trane
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Serioux was a beast all night. MAn handled the Chivas forwards in an intimidating manner while playing well within the laws of the game. The man's body positioning is excellent. How many times did we see him step between the ball and the forward causing said forward to run into Serioux's back and fall down? Nothing looked better than Serioux calmly stepping away with the ball while the forward laid on the turf wondering what just happened and praying to be subbed off before he has to run into Serioux again. Massive performance.
As for Velez, he was also excellent. Yes, he made one or two errors, but that was easily the most composed I have seen him played. I have always believed the right partner could bring out better play in him and last night would seem to support that. The pairing of him and Serioux are mobile, physically intimidating, dominant in the air, pacey and able to distribute the ball. I am sure they will log many more minutes together after last night.

Velez also had more time to think last night, he did not have forwards and mids running free on top of him, like we had in the past.

Chase
04-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Barrett only received the MOTM trophy because Amado Gueverra was carried off on the stretcher. He was unable to receive it. Gueverra was the MOTM.

TFC Tifoso
04-23-2009, 11:23 AM
No way will the south end get that tune right and in time together. We can barely manage the Dichio song. The Phil Collins tune has a much better chance, but i hate that guy! Still, Serioux should definitely have a song, the guy has been quality so far and makes a truck load of important tackles and interceptions each game.

Really, how come? Its a fairly easy tune, and one that most know well....if you guys can co-ordinate The Bounce in 112, I don't see why this one can't fly.....you guys should try it out on Sunday.....sounds amazing when everybody is in on it!! :D

A Stick
04-23-2009, 11:26 AM

I tend to agree with this statement! :p

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Barrett only received the MOTM trophy because Amado Gueverra was carried off on the stretcher. He was unable to receive it. Gueverra was the MOTM.

Hmm..not sure about that though. Trust me, I'm biased, I love Guevara. But he wasn't the best player on the field. I can actually think of probably 3 players who were better then him yesterday. Starting of course with Serioux, then Barrett and then Vitti.

Chase
04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Hmm..not sure about that though. Trust me, I'm biased, I love Guevara. But he wasn't the best player on the field. I can actually think of probably 3 players who were better then him yesterday. Starting of course with Serioux, then Barrett and then Vitti.

My co-worker hands out the trophy for Carlsberg who is our client. He told me Barrett received the trophy on Guevarra's behalf. I hope that clears up the misconception for you.

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 12:36 PM
My co-worker hands out the trophy for Carlsberg who is our client. He told me Barrett received the trophy on Guevarra's behalf. I hope that clears up the misconception for you.

Ahhh ok. Sorry, thought you were stating your opinion as opposed to what had actually happened. Good to know. Well shit, does this mean we could have a hurt Guevara?

Chase
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Ahhh ok. Sorry, thought you were stating your opinion as opposed to what had actually happened. Good to know. Well shit, does this mean we could have a hurt Guevara?

No prob. I hope he is not injured. I think that squad looked good last night.

Davenport
04-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Agreed....Serioux was TFC's best player by a mile.
I don't know which dickhead chose Barrett, but if I was him I would have been too embarrassed to accept it and I would have handed it straight over to Serioux.
Let's hope he did.

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Agreed....Serioux was TFC's best player by a mile.
I don't know which dickhead chose Barrett, but if I was him I would have been too embarrassed to accept it and I would have handed it straight over to Serioux.
Let's hope he did.

Read three posts up ^^^

Davenport
04-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Read three posts up ^^^
AAAAAAHHHHHH.....OK...so for Barrett read Guevara !
He did OK, but Serioux was my MOM by a mile.
Any reason why he wasn't picked ?

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHH.....OK...so for Barrett read Guevara !
He did OK, but Serioux was my MOM by a mile.
Any reason why he wasn't picked ?

Couldn't agree with you more. Keep in mind that GolTV picked him as man of the match. I always find that whoever picks the man of the match at BMO field is out to lunch. Don't get it :noidea: