PDA

View Full Version : Can TFC resign Vitti after this year?

mastermixer
04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
I know he's on a loan for the season, but is there any way we can get him long term? I think he's got a huge upside, once he learns the MLS style of play.

Nodoubtguy
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I think every MLS loan needs to have an option to sign.....

Gixmo
04-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't see why not? Loan moves are usually a plus/plus for both teams and the player benefits?

S_D
04-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I know he's on a loan for the season, but is there any way we can get him long term? I think he's got a huge upside, once he learns the MLS style of play.

I am sure of it. As mentioned above the loans come with an option to sign. Only problem is how much is the transfer, and can it be afforded since the transfer fee counts against the cap (but can be paid down with allocation $$)

Ossington Mental Youth
04-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I am sure of it. As mentioned above the loans come with an option to sign. Only problem is how much is the transfer, and can it be afforded since the transfer fee counts against the cap (but can be paid down with allocation $$)

Im certain that its affordable otherwise he wouldnt be here

S_D
04-22-2009, 10:46 PM
That little 5'4" runt Neil that played with DC had a buyout fee of 900K if I remember correctly. If I can find it, I will post.

Sometimes I think that they agree to the transfer fee in the loan deal but have no intention of actually buying the player. Just a way to get a body on the team.

Pachuco
04-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Vitti was extremely impressive tonight. He tracks back, isn't afraid of making tackles, and great with the ball at his feet (although a couple of times he was trying to hard). In the end though, really impressed with him. I was saying during the game that oddly enough this guy could be a defensive midfielder. He just works so hard at winning the ball, and he's got good distribution to get out of our own zone. Vitty as a defensive mid is crazy, I know, but I just felt that's the role he was playing anyways.

sidney
04-22-2009, 11:19 PM
i think you mean "re-sign" not "resign"

Stugatzo
04-23-2009, 05:48 AM
I think I'd rather see him resign than re-sign.

ensco
04-23-2009, 07:24 AM
I'd like to know how much of the $280K salary Vitti actually gets. Something tells me the bulk of it goes to Independiente and/or his agent.

scooter
04-23-2009, 07:27 AM
yes he is really starting to fit in and played well last night

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2009, 07:34 AM
I think he's improving. I also saw him give up on a couple balls last night. He did work his ass off most of the time I just wouldn't give him a perfect rating last night. I still wish he could get a feel for the officiating. Guevara and (surprised)Barrett seemed to see which way the calls were going and started to "not stay up when challenged".

Really excited to see how Vitti develops...

Ossington Mental Youth
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I thought he looked great in that game and i definitely think he can contribute, im looking forward to more

gtaguy
04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
I think I'd rather see him resign than re-sign.

second..

also at the price we got him for he should have already potted 1 or 2

Northern Soul
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
second..

What, in all the time he's had on the pitch starting......oh, wait....that hasn't happened.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-23-2009, 11:52 AM
What, in all the time he's had on the pitch starting......oh, wait....that hasn't happened.

i wouldnt stress it, some people have unrealistic expectations

Roogsy
04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
second..

Really? From the bench? I'd pay to see that. :lol:

Pachuco
04-23-2009, 01:14 PM
If Vitti plays the way he did last night for the rest of the season, and he doesn't score a single goal, I'd be more then happy to have him on the team. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to score, but what he showed last night is he brings much more to the team then that. We can leave the goal scoring to the rest of the team if that's what it takes. He's not an out and out striker, he's a forward, and does some great running back. Almost plays like a midfielder.

Anyone notice the standing ovation he got when coming off the field? really shows you the Soccer IQ of the people in the stands. He didn't score, but man everyone recognized he was real good.

rocker
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd like to know how much of the $280K salary Vitti actually gets. Something tells me the bulk of it goes to Independiente and/or his agent.

i wonder if it works this way: 1) the money listed on the cap goes to Independiente. 2) Independiente still pays Vitti, since Vitti is still under contract with them (the contract he's been under for the past few years). But I'd like to know if this is true.

rocker
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
If Vitti plays the way he did last night for the rest of the season, and he doesn't score a single goal, I'd be more then happy to have him on the team. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to score, but what he showed last night is he brings much more to the team then that. We can leave the goal scoring to the rest of the team if that's what it takes. He's not an out and out striker, he's a forward, and does some great running back. Almost plays like a midfielder.

when he was signed, there was some criticism or worry about his low goal scoring totals. But now I see why he may have not been scoring despite contributing as a team player. He's doing so much more than just standing around waiting for a ball to score a goal. In many ways he does the hard work that doesn't show up in the game report. But I think if he ever gets an easy chance, he'll score no problem... unlike Cunningham!

mastermixer
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
would we have to buy him from indepente, like in Europe?

Jack
04-23-2009, 01:25 PM
when he was signed, there was some criticism or worry about his low goal scoring totals. But now I see why he may have not been scoring despite contributing as a team player. He's doing so much more than just standing around waiting for a ball to score a goal. In many ways he does the hard work that doesn't show up in the game report. But I think if he ever gets an easy chance, he'll score no problem... unlike Cunningham!
This is why statistics in football do not tell even a fraction of the story, most of the time.

S_D
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
yep. unless his contract ends and he is signed on a free.

Boris
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
agreed with jack.

He was a beast last night. He ran and fought for that ball throughout the game.

I hope we can pick him up.....