PDA

View Full Version : If You started an MLS team how would your starting 11 look?

trane
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I have been thinking about it for a while, if I started an MLS team, how would I built it. This is what I would like to have as my starting 11, it is not an All start team it is a team that I think could be put together and could be competitive and a winning side in MLS, playing a style that I would like.

-----------------------------------------------Cooper/Striker----------------------------------------

----------------------Ljunberg/AM--------------------------De Rosario/AM------------------

-----------Joseph/DM----------------Grande/D/CM--------------------Robinson/Dm--
Attakora/LB---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Wynne/RB
-------------------Pizzolito/CB--------------------------------Joqueviel/CB----------------
----------------------------------------------Frei------------------------------------------------

Coach-John Limiatis
Why these dudes? I assessed them soley from what I have seen of them on the field, there may be better players avaialbe in North American, but from what I have seen these are the guys I would want.

Cooper-Is for my money the best pure striker/Center forward in the league, he has size, a quick shot and good footy IQ. ( Dichio has many of the same qualities, but is older and slower)
Ljunberg-I just love his creativity and footy IQ, I had imagined him playing more as a CM, but after I saw him against us I would prefer him closer to the goal, he is what a DP should be.
De Rosario-Is for my money the best Attacking Mid in the league.
Joseph-I have really liked what I have seen. I see him as a very solid holding/defensive mid, but has the ability to contribute offensively in this league.
Grande-Yes he is an USL player, but I love the way he plays defensively, moves the ball up simple and effectively he controls the pace of the game, and moves the ball from defense to offense very well
Robinson-is the best defensive mid in the league on the defensive side of things, his passing is not always the best, but if he can just get it to Grande or De Ro, it will be OK
Attakora- From what I have seen he is a very solid Back. He is positionally more sound then Wynne and looks good coming forward, not as fast, but seems to have better footy IQ, fundamentals, and I would give him a chance to play.
Wynne-Despite some fundamental faults, still one if not the best RB in the league.
Pizzolito and Joquiviel, they are the most solid pare of CB I have seen from Canadian and American teams, good positional play, good marking, do not make many mistakes, do not waste time clearing the ball, solid fundamentally.
Frei-I have seen no one that I like better then him as a keeper. Simple as that.
Limiatis, he has his teams play my kind of football, simple, intelligent , defense first, good shape, sound tactically, smooth transition from offense to defense. Relies on counter attack. He gets the most out of his players.

I am interested to see who others would select. [ Hopefully there would be no Gerrard in midfield of Vidic on the back line]

T_Mizz
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
This isn't exacty News is it?

trane
04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
MLS, discussion section, last time I checked.

trane
04-22-2009, 04:25 PM
General footy dicussion section, I quess, not realy TFC, International forum. Anyway I realy do not care, just interested in others opinions on the subject, put it were you want.

T_Mizz
04-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Yep this is a TFC/MLS news section but until it gets organized (where to I'm not too sure) here's mine:
---------------Montero------Cooper----------
Dane Richards--Klestian---Ljundberg---Cronin
Bornstein---Chad Marshall--Our new DP CB---Wynne
-----------------Frei-----------------------

TFC_Chris
04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
I like this idea, but the only flaw that I see in your line-up is that half of the players are protected when the expansion draft comes around.
I will post my starting XI tonight after the game, well out of those who were available during the expansion draft and superdraft.

TFC USA
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
-----------------------------------------Burpo-----------------------------------------------

-------Bramble (DP)-----------Harmse----------------Reda---------Velez--------

-------Ricketts------------------Archer---------------TFC USA-------Archundia

--------------------------Cunningham----------------------Lombardo--------------------

Coach: Dale Mitchell

trane
04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
^ wow, you could acctualy be the strongest player on that team. Good going. I like ricketts, but his form of late has not been great.

The beauty of your team it is very ballanced. It sucks equaly in attack and defence.

maninb
04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
LOL! 3 TFC players? Surely you jest! Perhaps Robinson...but DeRo isn't what he was, and Frei? LOL!

ensco
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
--------------------------Hartmann--------------
-----Gutierrez-----------------------------Hejduk----
----Schellotto--------C Gomez----Nagamura-------Blanco--------
-----Donovan--------Twellman--------Ruiz------Eddie Johnson----

Detroit_TFC
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm not the person to ask. My fantasy MLS team is not doing that good.

TFC_Chris
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh shit. I forgot I was in that. I should probably check that out.

Edit: Ahh damn. Tied for 38th. Hmmm, maybe I need some changes.

bhoybobby
04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Danny Dichio x 11

TFC_Chris
04-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Alright here it is...

Expansion Draft (All of these players were available during the ED):
1. Kevin Hartman--------GK-----KCW-----USA-----165K
2. Mike Magee-----------MF----RBNY-----USA------70K
3. Eddie Gavin-----------MF-----CLB-----USA------173K
4. Brandon Prideaux------DF-----CHI-----USA-------75K
5. Gonzalo Peralta--------DF----DCU-----ARG------230K
6. Chris Klein-----------DF/MF---LAG-----USA------175K
7. Clint Mathis-----------FW-----RSL-----USA------115K
8. Johann Smith---------FW-----TFC-----USA-------56K
9. Wells Thompson-------MF-----NER-----USA-------34K
10. Nate Jaqua----------FW-----HOU-----USA------208K
Total Salary - Expansion Draft Picks = $1,301K

Draft Picks
1. Sam Cronin-----------MF-----USA------84K
2. A.J. DeLaGarza-------DF-----USA-------36K
3. Darrius Barnes--------DF-----USA-------34K
4. Kyle Patterson--------MF-----ENG-------20K

Total Salary - Draft Picks - $174K

Total Salary - 14 Players = $1,475K

Line-up:

--------------------Hartman----------------
DeLaGarza----Prideaux-----Peralta------Klein
--------------------Cronin------------------
Gavin-------------Thompson----------Magee
-----------Mathis----------Jaqua-----------

Subs: Smith, Patterson, Barnes

This also leaves $1,025K left in the salary cap to fill in wherever needed. Possible DP? Maybe 2?

denime
04-23-2009, 05:24 AM
This is News Forum FFS.Start topic like this in TFC Forum.

denime
04-23-2009, 05:26 AM
Moved