PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Listings On Ticketmaster Website for SSH's

BakaGaijin
04-22-2009, 09:41 AM
172 listings for tonights match. Over 300 tickets for sale. Many available in the South end for $30.

Isn't this kind of high? I wonder if the turnout will be poor tonight..........

Ageroo
04-22-2009, 09:52 AM
172 listings for tonights match. Over 300 tickets for sale. Many available in the South end for $30.

Isn't this kind of high? I wonder if the turnout will be poor tonight..........

Weeknight....a little cold. I am not too surprised, but I will be there longjohns(if needed) :D

rocker
04-22-2009, 09:58 AM
the previous weekday games on cold or rainy nights in seasons 1 and 2 were not sold out.

BakaGaijin
04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Weeknight....a little cold. I am not too surprised, but I will be there longjohns(if needed) :D

True. Too many pussy's.

I love these cold mid-week games!

scots17
04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
i have 2 singles at face value ($55) vs Columbus on May 2nd

blake.bentley@flyjazz.ca

bought from ticket master, can't go :mad:

Ageroo
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
True. Too many pussy's.

I love these cold mid-week games!

Evening games are always a blast......and perfect football weather tonight! :p

akoto
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Got to agree. I love mid week evening games. One of my favorite TFC games is season 1 vs Houston in the rain. What a great night that was. Andy Welsh with the gwg!

Kevvv
04-22-2009, 10:27 AM
i have 2 singles at face value ($55) vs Columbus on May 2nd

blake.bentley@flyjazz.ca

bought from ticket master, can't go :mad:

Try posting here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

TFC Cityboy
04-22-2009, 10:27 AM
remember the NY fizzy drinks on that cold foggy night under the floodlights? Classic footy weather- bring it on! Gimme that over 35c and humidity anyday especially for a sweaty bastard like me !

Fernandinho
04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Evening games are always a blast......and perfect football weather tonight! :p

Got to definetly agree. I've always tell people, the best games are at night with a bit of a chill to them (some rain is also good)...one of my favourite games last season was the midweek night game against NYRB in May

BRed
04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Lowest attendance tonight...

spezz44
04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
^^ last year against NYRB was epic

dcdcdc
04-22-2009, 10:46 AM
to all those who said this was never possible last week..

'no way ticket demand will go down.'...'

it all starts with a glut of tickets people are trying to sell, usually in the higher end. it'll be the same next wednesday regardless of the weather

pubboy
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
to all those who said this was never possible last week..

'no way ticket demand will go down.'...'

it all starts with a glut of tickets people are trying to sell, usually in the higher end. it'll be the same next wednesday regardless of the weather

Next Wednesday ????

Section225
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
This is definitely going to be the beginning of the end of a sold out BMO Field for every game.

It also doesn't help exposure-wise that most of the games are on GolTV which not everyone subscribes to.

Are you guys surprised when MLSE owns the team AND the channel? I'm sure as hell not.

Don Julio
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
This is the perfect storm:

- 6 degrees
- weekday evening
- raining
- we haven't won at home
- star player is hurt
- there's another home game in 3 days

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I could care less if the game sells out....as long as the supporter groups are going MAD!...and the team is able to feed off of it!!.....all will be ok! :)

Ageroo
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
I could care less if the game sells out....as long as the supporter groups are going MAD!...and the team is able to feed off of it!!.....all will be ok! :)
+1.....:hump:

Why are people so concerned that there are so many tickets available and all doom and gloom......at least real supporters will be able to get tickets!

Arnie Knows
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Good attitude

nfitz
04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't recall ever seeing so many tickets available before. Though I'm trying to grab a decent cheap pair for the Chicago game, and there's nothing - so I don't think it's a demand issue, more so the weather.

And I guess I'm guilty too, as I'll be watching from the couch with my 18-month old daughter; I'd be sorely tempted to grab a cheap single and bring her if it was warm tonight, but I don't think 6°C and rainy is fair to her. However, I've organised a sitter for the important Wednesday night games next month!

scots17
04-22-2009, 11:41 AM
don't read too much into a wednesday night game not being sold out...weather aside....

wednesdays are big nights for kids programs, so a lot of people that go to bmo for the games, can't wednesday due to playing "taxi" for the little ones...

ALSO...

a lot of us don't live in T.O. (i'm in London for instance) but there are a ton of us supporters who commute to these games!! KW, London, Steeltown, Sania/Windsor etc...NOT EVERYONE IS IN THE GTA believe it or not!! lol

don't worry if there are 2,000 empty seats tonight, support the team, eat ur mac n cheese fries, and have ur carlsberg...ENJOY it...

scooter
04-22-2009, 11:53 AM
It also doesn't help exposure-wise that most of the games are on GolTV which not everyone subscribes to.

Are you guys surprised when MLSE owns the team AND the channel? I'm sure as hell not.[/quote]

no actually its great that mlse bought goltv because this year finally we have coverage for every game
goltv,rogers sportsnet and cbc i believe are the channels

goltv is only $ 2.65 a month and its soccer specific channel so many many games in europe and south america can be watched

THANKS MLSE FOR BUYING GOLTV --- WE LOVE YOU

tml
04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Gol tv is airing the game for free..I have bell & don't have Gol tv but they unblock it for the TFC Games!!

on a side note...26 degrees on saturday!! & 23 on sunday...great weekend weather!!!

Oblio2
04-22-2009, 12:04 PM
I have Rogers and it wasn't unblocked for the last game

C.Ronaldo
04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
they sould unlock for all games untill tv ratings increase

TFCREDNWHITE
04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I have Rogers and it wasn't unblocked for the last game

+1 Me too! Whats up with that?? Anyone know why Rogers didn't unblock it??

scots17
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Rogers ch 428 was UNBLOCKED!!!! they did wait until 7pm to unblock it, but we had it 4 mins into the match!!!
:noidea:
1-888-764-3771 if you have a prob

not only was it a "freeview preview" the girl hooked me up with the sports package for a 3 month free trial, lol

doesn't hurt to ask!!!!!:D

Gazza_55
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Serves MLSE right for holding back tickets. Just sell all the tickets at the beginning of the year.

Don Julio
04-22-2009, 03:50 PM
They have to hold back tickets for a few different reasons. It's not like they do it for fun.

Darlofletch
04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
+1.....:hump:

Why are people so concerned that there are so many tickets available and all doom and gloom......at least real supporters will be able to get tickets!

How many real supporters do you think there are? As much as part time supporters/soccer moms, call them what you like, aren't ideal, If they all give up and stop coming then Bmo will be as empty as Pizza Hut park, just noisier.

We could knock down the east stand to put in the bouncy castles.;)

drewski
04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
This is definitely going to be the beginning of the end of a sold out BMO Field for every game.

Are you guys surprised when MLSE owns the team AND the channel? I'm sure as hell not.

they wouldn't be on otherwise so big loss there