PDA

View Full Version : paul stalteri?

edmundo
04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
considering our defensive issues combined with our unused dp slot im astounded that i am not hearing any calls of trying to go after paul stalteri, hes canadian, he can play both sides, joins the attack and hes a heck of alot better than harmse, and the most intriguing part is that his club monchrngladbach is looking likely to be relegated to bundesliga 2, lets pressure the front office to get on this shall we

Flipityflu
04-22-2009, 04:21 AM
he's made it quite clear he would not play on our plastic pitch.

InTheCrowd
04-22-2009, 06:06 AM
I don't want Stalteri as a DP, I want a real DP. Not to mention Gladbach's not getting relegated.

Bobo
04-22-2009, 06:44 AM
He made fun of my TFC hat.:mad:

He was only playing though.

maninb
04-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Too old, too slow, and too expensive....he'd just be a brief bandaid solution...and it'll NEVER happen...

Pachuco
04-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I would take Stalteri, but not as DP. Sorry, never thought he was that good and has always been overrated in my opinion. I do recognize that he would be good in the MLS though. But if Dero ain't a DP, Paul sure as hell isn't.

jabbronies
04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
He's a douche

TFC_123
04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
At a family wedding back in October, he made it clear he will not play for TFC on the Field Turf. However, he did say that he loves the atmosphere and would consider joining the team, should grass be installed. But this is old news.

Section 117
04-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Salteri has something that most players on this team does not have and that is a high soccer IQ.

If I remeber corrctky he started in Europe as a striker and has moved to the back. He is normally an outside back but in the MLS IMO he will do quite well asd CB. I would take him but not as a DP

nimamalek
04-22-2009, 08:40 AM
we dont have "defensive issue" we've always had offensive issues, i'd prefer a target man, someone like dichio to come in before we get another defender

Jack
04-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I'd take him to play on the right side of either midfield or the back four. He doesn't have the speed of Wynne, but he's got the footy brain that Marvell lacks.

But the fact that he doesn't want to play here pretty much rules him out.

ensco
04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
1) DeRo spoke out against the turf last year. Just because he hates the turf doesn't mean he won't come.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKSKIouPAE

Oldtimer
04-22-2009, 09:57 AM
He'll come eventually, I expect.

We'll also get grass eventually, based on Miller's comments and MLSE's plans for a training facility.

Fort York Redcoat
04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
I could see him doing a year here then retiring.

Ultra & Proud
04-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought he said he wanted Beckham money to come here? If so, he ain't worth it.

nick.mastro
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
i wouldn't mind getting Stalteri for a temporary bandaid for this season. and then depending on how he does we go for a contract extenstion at the end of the season

SweetOwnGoal
04-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I'd take him to play on the right side of either midfield or the back four. He doesn't have the speed of Wynne, but he's got the footy brain that Marvell lacks.

But the fact that he doesn't want to play here pretty much rules him out.

Yes, he's a fullback. We need another CB.

But anyone that knocks Stalteri hasn't been following Canadian soccer long enouugh...

crozack
04-22-2009, 02:12 PM
We need another physical CB....Stalteri isnt the guy.
TFC has two quality flank runners in Wynne and Jimmy B., that can run with anyone on the outside. With another physical CB we can phunish anyone coming into the center of the park.
Make sense to anyone else?

Fort York Redcoat
04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I've seen Stalteri a bit too physical at times in the last cycle...

but maybe you just want em bigger?

Yohan
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Actually, I dont rate Jimmy B much as a LB. I prefer him as LW. Brennan has too many defensive lapses for my liking

Since Stalteri can play LB too, and if TFC can pick him up for cheap, I wouldn't mind signing Stalteri

wzhxvy
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
He will want to play here when he is older and those eyebrows are thicker and greyer....I thought he was horrible during the WCQ campaign...based on that...I dont think we want him whether he wants to play here or not...my guess..is he will play for Vancouver when they join...

crozack
04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Stalteri already has alot of mileage on him.....the turf would be tough for him.
.....a tall, physical CB would be ideal to clear all high balls Serioux cant do it all by himself. Although thus far ive actually been really impressed with his poise on the back line

Toronto Ruffrider
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I think Stalteri is a good player, but I would much rather see him play in an offensive role. I'm not a big fan of Stalteri's man marking, but his technical ability is excellent. Stalts would be well suited to playing the right side of midfield IMO, where he could deliver some quality crosses into the box. I'm not a big fan of how Ricketts has played this season, so Stalteri would be a more skilled winger.

That said, I'm not sure how much pace Stalteri is going to have at this point in his career. Our field turf certainly doesn't help, which I guess is why our prospects of signing him are nil.

Get In There
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
1) DeRo spoke out against the turf last year. Just because he hates the turf doesn't mean he won't come.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKSKIouPAE

1) true dat...and of course we could find room for him and would be better for it...vet much like Dichio. I don't think he's the type to f@ck around much...business. Come on. I know people age but the experience of recently scoring game winning goal(s) for Spurs. That level of success......no brainer.

2) Love the Pigbag version,,,,but your choice is hilarious.

B