PDA

View Full Version : Tactics: Inadequately Discussed

sidney
04-21-2009, 09:09 PM
K1nG posted an interesting post (only to be all-too-quickly closed by a moderator) which read:

"
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Long Ball v Possesion [http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12432 ]
In my opinion Toronto FC needs to play a new system. Im getting tired of watching midfielders passing back to the defenders and then booting the ball up to the forwards for a success rate of 1 in 10. I think we need to start playing a possesion style of play in order to progress as a club.

Do you think that Mo and JC should go in order to bring in a management team that could focus on staying away from the British styles long ball system?"

Personally, I don't necessarily agree with all that is said above (e.g., firing Mo or Carvs at this point, or that TFC currently plays a "British style," or even that the British now play a "British style"), but for a moderator to cut this interesting discussion off so early not acceptable (nor is the moderator's reference to other threads that didn't even come close to addressing K1nG's post). So here's hoping this board could engage in a serious tactical discussion based on King's original post: Long Ball vs Possession.

In this regard, I think you need both. You can't have the tic without the tac.

K1nG
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
K1nG posted an interesting post (only to be all-too-quickly closed by a moderator) which read:

"
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Long Ball v Possesion
In my opinion Toronto FC needs to play a new system. Im getting tired of watching midfielders passing back to the defenders and then booting the ball up to the forwards for a success rate of 1 in 10. I think we need to start playing a possesion style of play in order to progress as a club.

Do you think that Mo and JC should go in order to bring in a management team that could focus on staying away from the British styles long ball system?"

Personally, I don't necessarily agree with all that is said above (e.g., firing Mo or Carvs at this point, or that TFC currently plays a "British style," or even that the British now play a "British style"), but for a moderator to cut this interesting discussion off so early not acceptable (nor is the moderator's reference to other threads that didn't even come close to addressing K1nG's post). So here's hoping this board could engage in a serious tactical discussion based on King's original post: Long Ball vs Possession.

In this regard, I think you need both. You can't have the tic without the tac.
its almost like you took the thoughts from right out of my brain and put them in a thread.

i pm'd the mod asking him why he thought that tacticts was already being discussed in a thread titled "tfc should be more like canada" (and get use to failing)

lets talk tactics.

JDG
04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
It was closed because we already have threads where this topic has been thoroughly discussed.
Find one, and pick up the discussion if you must, but do not create a new thread.