PDA

View Full Version : FAN 590 Now! 9:52am

JDG
05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
They're taking about the experience at a TFC game at BMO.

Technorgasm
05-30-2008, 08:53 AM
http://www.fan590.com/listen/

Carts
05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Listening now... Thanks!

GabrielHurl
05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
who the fuck is this arsehole?

CIS football being a better experience ........................... hahahahahaha

Technorgasm
05-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Damn, sorry - we're out of time.

"its not my cup of tea. . I'll watch the world cup, but if I was at a hockey game with 8 people I would have just as much fun. . I dont need the song and dance. . I am more of an Xs and Os guy. . thats why I like sports.

If I dont like whats going on the field I am just taking up a seat. ITs not for me.
Im glad its working I really am but, I just dont get it. Give me teen hockey, maybe CIS football. . . "

zamperina
05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Talk about being over the top, what the fuck is Hogan talking about x's and o's crap! Is this guy a fucking scout or coach?

You go to the game to have fun plain and simple

JDG
05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
I didn't realize it was about to end. They were analyzing the reasons why BMO rocks. There were callers who gave some good input.
I had just tuned in when I posted. I got a call from Incarnate about the program. From what he says, it might be worth a listen when it gets archived.

Rochdale
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Mike Hogan is anti football (soccer) than Bob McGowan.

nobodybeatsthewiz
05-30-2008, 01:06 PM
lemme guess mike hogan? THE!!! most fukking BORRRRRING, characterless person in the entire existence of humankind

Fort York Redcoat
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I used to listen all the time. I can't any more. Their constant backhanding of TFC and soccer is truly pathetic. It doesn't matter how many callers back us up they still crap on it. I can't support a station that doesn't represent all elements of their own damn fanbase...

BeachRed
05-30-2008, 03:23 PM
"Give me teen hockey, maybe CIS football. . . "

Well, he's the only one. In this city even the Marlies can't draw squat. Teen hockey? If your kids not on the ice? Please. CIS football? There's more guys on the field than people in the stands.

It's amazing how out of touch, how behind the times the media is in this city. You combine this with the thread about how the NHL is bleeding money and MLSE is looking to buy into the EPL, and Montreal couldn't even find anyone in this country to buy the Canadiens and you can see what's coming.

The Fan, it's an embarrassment to the city.

ilikemusic
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
I used to listen all the time. I can't any more. Their constant backhanding of TFC and soccer is truly pathetic. It doesn't matter how many callers back us up they still crap on it. I can't support a station that doesn't represent all elements of their own damn fanbase...

Swirsky (although he is leaving) has been a proponent of TFC since day one. This afternoon he was talking about how many people have called in to ask what he is doing with his season tickets.

Mike Hogan is a real dinosaur. Hes one of the people who look for reason to slag the sport than reasons to like it.

If you dont want to sing and jump about then get tickets in a section that isnt the south stand.

He says hes an x's and o's guy. Well then pay attention to the game. Nobody is stopping you paying close attention. Thats just a cop-out for 'I dont understand soccer'.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
cis football...what a load of shite

jabbronies
05-31-2008, 10:05 AM
You guys have to realise what the deal is with most of these reporters.

These guys are too dumb to realise that football is more than just aimlessly kicking a ball around.
They're too dumb to realise that there is a strategy to the game.

You see, If there's more than 5 guys on the field moving at once, they're too stupid to keep track of them all....That's why American pointyball and baseball is perfect for them....Everyone stands around for 3 hours with maybe like 5 minutes of action here and there. So it's easy for them to keep track of who's where.... Plus they have instant replay from 90 different angles so that they can actually see what's going on....

BeachRed
05-31-2008, 11:16 AM
You guys have to realise what the deal is with most of these reporters.

These guys are too dumb to realise that football is more than just aimlessly kicking a ball around.
They're too dumb to realise that there is a strategy to the game.

You see, If there's more than 5 guys on the field moving at once, they're too stupid to keep track of them all....That's why American pointyball and baseball is perfect for them....Everyone stands around for 3 hours with maybe like 5 minutes of action here and there. So it's easy for them to keep track of who's where.... Plus they have instant replay from 90 different angles so that they can actually see what's going on....

You're right. I was thinking about the guy who said he was, "an X's and O's guy," that it's too bad for him soccer players don't all line up and stand still before each play so he can draw the X's and O's.

But sportswriters are always behind the times. I remember when baseball ruled, they said the NFL would never be its equal, nothing could take on "America's Pastime." They didn't realize how popular basketball would become and now they're missing the boat on soccer.

Oh well.....

jabbronies
05-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Most of the guys we're talking about are old relics in the sports world anyways...It's time for a new gen to step in and take the reigns.

GaryJamboTFC
05-31-2008, 09:57 PM
I've known Mike Hogan for many, many years. He and I go back to his days in Kingston at CKWS. He's just not a soccer guy. He loves hockey and baseball (he was a decent pitcher in his day) and pointyball. He's a play-by-play guy for CIS football, you need to understand. He really shouldn't be commenting on soccer/football, because he has never followed it and never liked it. He's a knowledgeable guy about the sports he follows, but he should be kept away from talking about football.

noochie
05-31-2008, 10:57 PM
I've known Mike Hogan for many, many years. He and I go back to his days in Kingston at CKWS. He's just not a soccer guy. He loves hockey and baseball (he was a decent pitcher in his day) and pointyball. He's a play-by-play guy for CIS football, you need to understand. He really shouldn't be commenting on soccer/football, because he has never followed it and never liked it. He's a knowledgeable guy about the sports he follows, but he should be kept away from talking about football.

Or at least be objective about it. He can't keep putting down a sport that is more revered by his listeners than Canadian College Football (pointyball) will ever be.