PDA

View Full Version : your favorite football network

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Fox sports world canada, gol tv, setanta,?

ensco
04-21-2009, 03:50 PM
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/

gtaguy
04-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I can honestly say that this polls is all dependant on where all our origins come from..

if its setanta then your european (most likely of english decent)

if its gol then most likely your part of the latin community (calcio, latin america, la liga, etc)

if its fox sports world most likely your a yankee...with no prior knowledge of the sport and just curious to watch whatever they put on ...

Suljazz
04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
if its fox sports world most likely your a yankee...with no prior knowledge of the sport and just curious to watch whatever they put on ...

I disagree with that, Although Im a big fan of Setanta and that is my first choice, Fox Sports evening wrap up is very entertaining, and covers all areas of the game for fans from all leagues of preference.

gtaguy
04-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I disagree with that, Although Im a big fan of Setanta and that is my first choice, Fox Sports evening wrap up is very entertaining, and covers all areas of the game for fans from all leagues of preference.

I do appologize man.. i was off line on this...

I do like that show .. i was just talking more in general about the channel.. but you do have a point about the show itself it is class...

Shway
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Fox Sports World - is great for highlights, it would be like watching the score
Sentanta - is great for games, and that it.....
Gol TV - well personally i dont watch it, but its great now because ith as TFC games, and i hate GOL TV news, its the worst

so number one is obviously Foxs Sports World....and no im not a yankee

dag
04-21-2009, 09:29 PM
At $15 each month, Setanta is very good value. I watch it all the time.

Rhapido
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Each network has its particular strengths and weaknesses.

IMO, you just can't beat FSW's Soccer Report every night at 10:00PM -- a great wrap up of the day's events. Their Sky Sports News simulcast is also quite the good watch. Their offering of full game coverage I find is rather disappointing, however (unless you like Serie A, which they seem to regularly show a lot of the top teams). They also show some USL and US collegiate level soccer games, which I suppose is...noteworthy.

GolTV has some good weekly programming and having added some TFC games this year, you need to subscribe to this channel. They give South and Central America a lot of air time (complete games from the Guatemalan League!) and La Liga gets good play.

Setanta gets you the best coverage of the Premiership, plus the best of the WCQ and Euro qualifiers. And who can forget Special 1 TV??!

Now to be fair, Setanta will run you about 5-6 times more expensive than the other two, but everyone I know that has this channel agrees with me that when it comes to Setanta, it's money well spent.

Phil
04-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Why is this in the news section?

A poll is not news when its about opinion.

Come on mighty.

TFC Bhoy
04-21-2009, 11:19 PM
This is actually GolTV Canada, just not many people know this, but there are some differences.

I used to work in the actual master control for GolTV 3 years ago. I work in the same building just a different department now as it is a 3rd party master at Bell ExpressVu and I work in their master now. In any case we put in the canadian commercials and promos and that, and there are a bunch of games and things such as the soccer central kind of news (the one at the desk) and the TFC games and a couple of others we put on air but the main American feed has something different on. Often more south american and even sometimes Mexican games on I believe.

I have to say that I love setanta being a Scot its the only real place I can watch shows like Inside the SPL and Full SPL for full recaps of all games. As well I do love the EPL and can watch all those games on the weekend.

AL-MO
04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I love setanta...don't know what I would do without it!

Shakes McQueen
04-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Setanta Sports is the best of those three, by a country mile. They have the best presentation of the three, and show the best variety of matches - UEFA CL, World Cup qualifying, SPL, EPL, CC Championship, etc.

GolTV I watch all the time, as it's the only way I can see La Liga, and more importantly, Barcelona play. Fox Sports World is serviceable, and I love Bobby on Fox Soccer Report. They also play UEFA Cup games, which is nice. The presentation of both channels is crummy, however. Their game feeds are incredibly blurry, and most of their commentators leave a lot to be desired.

As for game presentation, I actually think The Score does the best work. They are the only network that presents EPL games in glorious HD, and their Footy Show bits before, during, and after the match are usually entertaining.

But yeah, Setanta is $15 a month well spent.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
04-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Gol its got bundesliga, tfc/mls and a bunch of other ish

Ossington Mental Youth
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
i do love setanta tho, they obviously do a great job but 99% of the time i dont support any of the teams im watching

Dirk Diggler
04-22-2009, 01:33 AM
I can honestly say that this polls is all dependant on where all our origins come from..

if its gol then most likely your part of the latin community (calcio, latin america, la liga, etc)

What ridiculous generalizations. I like Setanta Sports so I'm most likely English or European?

gtaguy
04-22-2009, 08:12 AM
What ridiculous generalizations. I like Setanta Sports so I'm most likely English or European?

i can't say i have ever seen on Setanta sports any games from central or south america, japan, australia etc... seems to indicate to me that its
more concentrated on European and English fans of the sport..

Kevvv
04-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I like Sky Sports news on Fox. The Setanta news show is OK (lovely blonde, BTW), but my favourite is Football Matters - nice wrap up of the week, entertaining, decent guests.

With TFC on Gol, I now have all three, and can't see dropping any of them - except Setanta over the summer. I don't need to see Super 8's rugby league or whatever they have for $15/month, and Rogers will be happy to turn it back on when the EPL restarts.

Toronto Gunner
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
GolTV is shite. My wife wrote them a fairly nasty email after we missed Sunday's game because the broadcast schedule was wrong and we only got to watch 30 minutes of the game (familial commitments).

In addition to that, Footballers Lives did a bio on Arsene Wenger and kept referring to him as "Ar-seen Wen-ger" instead of "Ar-senn Ven-ger". GolTV news also referred to Jens Lehmann as "Jenns Lemon", instead of "Yens Lay-man". Pathetic.

Pachuco
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Completely disagree. I'm south american, and Setanta is by far my favorite network. The level of play they show on Setenta to me is the best in the world.

ilikemusic
04-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Setanta is the best, obviously, by a mile. Premiership & Champions League. Nuff said.

I love Fox Soccer Report though. Its where I 'cut my teeth' on the global game. As useless as FSC is for live action, FSR almost makes the channel worthwhile.

GolTV is useless. If I didnt want to lose the TFC games (and the network werent as inexpensive as it is) I would have ditched it a long time ago.

gtaguy
04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Completely disagree. I'm south american, and Setanta is by far my favorite network. The level of play they show on Setenta to me is the best in the world.

No one is questioning the level of play..

All i wanted to say was that it depends on what it is your looking for.. I enjoy european footy but not enough to purchase setanta..

Goltv for me offers what im looking for.. ex: if i was interested in Brazilian or Argentinian or Colombian football i would not be purchasing Setanta .

Don Julio
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Hint: IIf any of these networks managed to broadcast any games in HD they would instantly be #1. And no, I'm not ignorant to the challenges in doing so, but TVs keep getting better and better and these channels all look worse and worse.

Lennon
04-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Setanta ... the only network that brodcasts game with no delay ...

NateDoGG
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Setanta Hands Down

"shut Up Sven"
"well,,,"
"and now, The news!"

leafsman
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
fox as it shows serie a games, though goltv does have the coppa italia game today.

s2cazz
04-22-2009, 02:31 PM
FSC out of the states is the best...Fox Soccer Channel (149 on Dish Network)

Captain Croatia
04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Fox Sports because of the Soccer Report, covers all big leagues in a nice hour show.

Eastend
04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Sentanta + PVR best "investment" ever!!!!

Gixmo
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Setanta Hands Down

"shut Up Sven"
"well,,,"
"and now, The news!"

lol

"All credit to the phone credit...." R.Keane :)

Setanta is great, Free to Air is better :) (HD Folks...)

greatwhitenorf
04-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Fox Canada is hampered by the poor production and talent level on its nightly report. Bobby McMahon is decent, though he's hard to understand with his Irish accent. The rest of the staff are rank amateurs. With no Premier league or Champions league games, even Serie A or Argentine games - and certainly not Guy Stuff - will not be enough to draw an audience. Unwatchable the rest of the time.

Setanta always has this cheesy look to what they do between games. Sure, it's great to see live action, but the game feeds often break up or lose signal far too often for my liking. How come there's nothing going on from a studio between halves of a game? Other than that drippy theme music and yellow and black balls spinning around? Two bob network at ten quid prices.

Gol? You must be joking. They tell us TFC games are on free view but Rogers never shows them. Not sure who's to blame, but I'm irked enough to be spiteful and many others are too. Lot of work to do to get my business.

Nodoubtguy
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Gol....its the only one we pay for in our house.

TFC, Barca (and the rest of La Liga), some Uruguayan league (My Dad's from there), CONMEBOL U-20's (which were amazing!!), Bundesliga, other South American leagues.....it's great!!

Big Bruva
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Setanta for sure.

If Sky Sports was actually on properly it would take it without a doubt.

pubboy
04-23-2009, 07:02 AM
I would say Setanta for sure, but i wish they would broadcast in HD !!!

mr k
04-23-2009, 10:36 AM
it's setanta pour moi.

but I was impressed with GOLtv's work at BMO last night - lots of shots of supporters and from differing places in the stands. They kept it more clean & simple than CBC.