PDA

View Full Version : Do the RPB do anything Community Related?

T.Reis
04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
I was debating joining u fine lads but I had a question.

A lot of "suppoters groups" back in England also tend to get involved with communtiy projects like when I spent time in both Birmingham and Sheffield. Wondering if u do the same?

Stuff like, helping out at the food bank, or one thing that was popular in Birmingham was getting all the lads together, having a fund raiser, and then using the $$$ towards building/fixing up playgrounds for the young ones.

U guys do any of this stuff?

Boris
04-21-2009, 02:08 PM
w actually do quite a bit.

I am in charge of the Fundraising team and its part of my intitiative to include community relations.

We participate in the terry fox headshave for cancer research
we will sponsor 2 grassroots team in the community

and even tomorrow i have a meeting with another sports related charity to work with.

FluSH
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
well... <insert Boris>

it's a shame we don't have this info (what we've done over the years) on our splash page? or is it...

I still have copies(drafts) of the thousands of dollars we've given to charity... yes thousands...

DOMIN8R
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM
....and the RPB has assisted and helped other charities in reaching their own goals like the Food Bank, registered TFC charities, Athletes fo Africa, etc.

In addition, RPB has played an important role in advocating on behalf of youth soccer and amateur national player development.

Many of RPB members are active members of the community and support a wide variety of community and charitable initiatives and communicate their value to a wider audience through RPB channels.

....and this just scratches the surface. Might be worth documenting somewhere, come to think of it.

FluSH
04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
sweeter words have never come out of Cathal Kelly... ever

Boris
04-21-2009, 03:03 PM
ive been saying this for months.

Mark in Ottawa
04-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Lets see... apart from previously mentioned stuff...
Assist with, or sponsor, a minor soccer team right?

Who can ever forget the RPB ladies and their amazing calendar in year one?
That one raised quite a bit of money for the "Right to Play" charity if I remember it right.

I am sure I am forgetting some others just now....

Boris
04-21-2009, 03:16 PM
There have been plenty of good causes we have done.
I will sit down and get a proper account of everything so we can proudly showcase it.

Arnie Knows
04-21-2009, 03:30 PM
RPB 's seem to be a positive vibe in the Community thats for sure..

all and all I think they only do good for society ..

Alot of bitching on this board me included but in the real world all good guys and gals I think..

FluSH
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Lets see... apart from previously mentioned stuff...
Assist with, or sponsor, a minor soccer team right?

Who can ever forget the RPB ladies and their amazing calendar in year one?
That one raised quite a bit of money for the "Right to Play" charity if I remember it right.

I am sure I am forgetting some others just now....

If the rest of the execs are ok with this I can upload the copies of the drafts that were given to these charities... just in case anyone has any doubts.

Jack
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
We do charity work for the good it does in the community, not so we can brag about it on our website.

If we want to upload information about it, it should be on how people can help those charities or help us help them, not how great we are for helping them.

FluSH
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
We do charity work for the good it does in the community, not so we can brag about it on our website.

If we want to upload information about it, it should be on how people can help those charities or help us help them, not how great we are for helping them.

Point taken... but by any means we are not bragging... just making sure there is transperancy in case anyone has doubts.

Jack
04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
As I said... putting up the information on the charities we support showing how to support them and help out. I think that would be great.

Anyway, let's not get into a discussion of this as it's not really on topic for this thread, nor is it something we should air out in a public forum.

Yes RPB is involved in several community initiatives and charities. If you want more information on how to get involved, please contract Boris. We will make more information available in the future on our home page to help answer some of these questions.

Thanks!