PDA

View Full Version : The real problem with TFC

trane
04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
After reading these threads, I realized that the real problem with TFC is.....US.

It is not Mo, Carver, the players, not even Barrett or Harmse. It is us, we simply cannot get our support right. We are either too negative, (someone called it Chicken Littles) or too positice ( Kool Aid Drinkers). We just can not get it right. Therefore we are sending out confusing vibes, which the players are having a hard time decipehring, and they are confused. This confusion results in confused play.

Therefore, lets meet somewhere in the midle, send out the right vibe to the players and we will win every game from know in. The refs are also to blame but not as much as us.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
why? we suck and our record and goal scoring reflects that...

Carter
04-20-2009, 01:30 PM
WOW, i actually agree with trane :eek: :rolleyes:

I think the sky is falling.

but dude, harmse has to go. ;)

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Seriously Trane? you really think that this team sucks because of the supporters? TFC Supporters are the 12th man on the team and everyone around the league knows that. As far as I know, when we are there, we chant for our team. If they can't handle criticism when they play like shit then they are better off playing for Dallas where 6000 fans show up to watch them play. Ask any TFC player and they will tell you that you are wrong in your assessment.

ensco
04-20-2009, 01:49 PM
This is hysterical. Is this serious?

I've gotta remember that one for my wife and kids. "Hi everyone, I got fired today because you couldn't get your support for me right".

Marco2K
04-20-2009, 01:50 PM
If the team played like the supporters support the team we would be in first

Over 500 in KC
2000 in Columbus
Sold out every game at BMO\

and then its our faults.

this has to be the dumbest post ever

trane
04-20-2009, 01:52 PM
^ realy you do not think that our attitude affects them?

dantdot
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Is this serious? sending out "confusing vibes?" :out:

Walnut
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
After reading these threads, I realized that the real problem with TFC is.....US.

It is not Mo, Carver, the players, not even Barrett or Harmse. It is us, we simply cannot get our support right. We are either too negative, (someone called it Chicken Littles) or too positice ( Kool Aid Drinkers). We just can not get it right. Therefore we are sending out confusing vibes, which the players are having a hard time decipehring, and they are confused. This confusion results in confused play.

Therefore, lets meet somewhere in the midle, send out the right vibe to the players and we will win every game from know in. The refs are also to blame but not as much as us.

That is great. Nice one mate :) Very funny!

Kickit09
04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
:yikes:

wow, this is ridiculous to say the least. :out:

why are people always looking to make excuses for the team. its never the team's fault they suck, its always someone else's fault like the ref, the league, the turf, and now its our fault? wow :rolleyes5:

napoli73
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Much like our performance effects them, their performance effects us...either way its getting ugly and hope it stops Wed.

nimamalek
04-20-2009, 02:29 PM

no it doesnt and this thread is pretty ridiculous.

DVS
04-20-2009, 02:38 PM
If the team played like the supporters support the team we would be in first

Over 500 in KC
2000 in Columbus
Sold out every game at BMO\

and then its our faults.

this has to be the dumbest post ever

support? who cares about support when you can win like this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3573/3399140809_0bdcfe5052.jpg?v=0

Section 117
04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I was speaking with a couple of the palyers recently and they have noticed that we the fans seem to be a little off as well... They thrive of us the same we thrive off them.

In their opinion they don't think that we are as loud as we use to be...

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM

Only if were jeering them on the pitch, which we aren't.

Instead we're showing up in all weathers, cheering our lungs out, making ourselves ridiculously hoarse for days after every game, pouring money into the club, and using our time and money making tifos, flags and banners that tell the team just how much we support them.

What could they be confused about?

"hmmm...they dont seem to appreciate what we're up against, I'm confused, I'm going to pass this to the opposition and if any chances come my way I'm going to send the ball into the stands."

Seriously, I want footballers who want to win, and will fight to win, whether we are there or not. Other teams dont get a fifth of the support we give, and they can still display the winning mentality, look at New England for instance.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I was speaking with a couple of the palyers recently and they have noticed that we the fans seem to be a little off as well... They thrive of us the same we thrive off them.

So what are they going to do about it?

Parkdale
04-20-2009, 02:43 PM
hahaha... clearly you guys don't know trane's sense of humour like I do.

y'all should spend more time in off-topic. It's the funniest place on the internets!

Fort York Redcoat
04-20-2009, 02:49 PM
There's method in your madness trane.

C.L. vs K.D.

Is there room in the middle?

Phil
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
This seems to fit here:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/97/252849242_373d779ccd.jpg

TheRenter
04-20-2009, 03:31 PM

you get as good as you give...so over time..like the old adage says, "You have to give your fans a reason to cheer as well"

don't get me wrong, we have to show support through thick and thin...but no one likes to be continually dumped on...I will always support this club through the good and bad....but like in every good/healthy relationship, there has to be reciprication

I mean, do you really want it to be like the leafs and their fans; pay for and support a product that is sh*te whereby the fan continually gets pissed on?

give us; the footy supporters in Toronto, MORE of a reason to make more noise for our club, and we surely will

just my $0.02

fetajr
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM
The Real problem with TFC is that they don't have a great bench boss like Marcelo Bielsa running the show.... an X's and O's guy that gets the team playing creative offensive football the entire game.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/gregory_sica/09/25/chile.bielsa/p1_chile_0925.jpg

Shakes McQueen
04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
The real problem is a lack of moisturizer on their elbows and knees. Also, pudding.

- Scott

trane
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM
hahaha... clearly you guys don't know trane's sense of humour like I do.

y'all should spend more time in off-topic. It's the funniest place on the internets!

Parky, you had to ruin it. :D

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Parky, you had to ruin it. :D

Ok you're first post I took with a pinch of salt, but when you started backing it up I have to admit, I thought you'd gone off the deep end.

trane
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
The real problem is a lack of moisturizer on their elbows and knees. Also, pudding.

- Scott

I agree with you there. Chocalate pudding is always good.

trane
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok you're first post I took with a pinch of salt, but when you started backing it up I have to admit, I thought you'd gone off the deep end.

I am close to it, but not quite. A couple of more of these performances by TFC, and I just might.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-20-2009, 04:42 PM

It is not Mo, Carver, the players, not even Barrett or Harmse. It is us, we simply cannot get our support right. We are either too negative, (someone called it Chicken Littles)

WOW !!!!!!!!!

MFG1
04-20-2009, 05:02 PM
was it because of our cheering at the home opener that they played like highschoolers? was it because of our full stadium could they not hold on to a lead with 3 minutes left against dallas last week. come on now. we get upset because we want it to work so much and we keep getting groundhog day with the simplest of tactics

jloome
04-20-2009, 05:04 PM

nyuk, nyuk

trane
04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
^ I am glad you got it, I was suprised at how many took it seriously.

Parkdale
04-20-2009, 05:11 PM
definitely a few cheerleaders could help improve out morale.

trane
04-20-2009, 05:11 PM
^ You always, find a way to push the cheerleader agenda.

Sonny Cheeba
04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
don't forget piss troughs!

menefreghista
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
If the players are under performing due to what is being posted on internet forums than this team is in an even bigger mess than it appears now....

Brooker
04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
it's the lack of streamers.

trane
04-20-2009, 05:30 PM
^ You got it. There you go. Since we gave up on the streamers, it gave a mixed message. You are right.

mlsintoronto
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I moisturize with pudding.

Vanilla, not chocolate you pervert.

Parkdale
04-20-2009, 07:07 PM
I moisturize with pudding.

Vanilla, not chocolate you pervert.

you probably shave with crisco too right?

giambac
04-20-2009, 07:12 PM

We will never have a wiining team when you have people who afraid to criticize the team when it is waarnted. I mean what motivation does team management have to spend money on a DP plyer or other plyers or a proven high paid coach or proven manager when the fans accept losing, when the fans accept below average soocer, when the fans are willing to spend good dollars on tickets regardless of how crap the product is????

There is no incentive for MLSE to make changes. Not with niave fans who don't know any better.

Southsider
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I was waiting for that post by Giambac in this thread. Way to get it dude!

Parkdale
04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
There is no incentive for MLSE to make changes. Not with niave fans who don't know any better.

maybe an awareness campaign to the 18,000 other people at BMO would get that point across?

how about a sandwich board?

http://harlotofthearts.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/theendisnear.jpg

giambac
04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I was waiting for that post by Giambac in this thread. Way to get it dude!

hey,

Welland is a beautiful city.
I spend a great deal of time there. Many family and friends. Like a second home for me.

K1nG
04-20-2009, 07:49 PM
The Real problem with TFC is that they don't have a great bench boss like Marcelo Bielsa running the show.... an X's and O's guy that gets the team playing creative offensive football the entire game.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/gregory_sica/09/25/chile.bielsa/p1_chile_0925.jpg
agreed, however; youve got to admit that the english accent goes a long way in convincing the traditional sheep that their club is in good hands.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
hey,

I spend a great deal of time there. Many family and friends. Like a second home for me.

ohhhhhhh, this explains a lot. i was there for a few years, and the place is a hell hole, completely worthless and useless....a city with no point. One of the worst places i've been in this lovely country.....you liking it makes sense

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
agreed, however; youve got to admit that the english accent goes a long way in convincing the traditional sheep that their club is in good hands.

fuck off....i'm tired of all the anti-british shit i read on here everyday

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
fuck off....i'm tired of all the anti-british shit i read on here everyday
that is not anti british. it is just an observation. carver has this team making no more than 4 passes before they boot it up the field and loose possesion. very coca cola championship like.

what we need is a south american or european coach to come in and teach toronto how to keep possesion of the ball.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:04 PM
that is not anti british. it is just an observation. carver has this team making no more than 4 passes before they boot it up the field and loose possesion. very coca cola championship like.

what we need is a south american or european coach to come in and teach toronto how to keep possesion of the ball.

this is plain stupid...

A) go watch the championship

B) race/geography has zero to do with anything when it comes to how good someone is at something....also go check a map, England is in Europe....now please, dont be so ignorant next time

napoli73
04-20-2009, 08:12 PM

thats funny :)

LucaGol
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
thats funny :)

+1 ...

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:17 PM
This place is a joke....If I went off about any fuckin country being bad I'd be banned in a second but we constantly allow this British anti-sentiment....people complain that there is too much british stuff around....well as one I can tell you you're wrong...all we really have is assholes to listen to on a daily basis. mods, FIX THIS SHIT

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
hey,

Welland....is....a.....beautiful......city.

This explains a lot.

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
ohhhhhhh, this explains a lot. i was there for a few years, and the place is a hell hole, completely worthless and useless....a city with no point. One of the worst places i've been in this lovely country.....you liking it makes sense

+1....I posted the same thing before I read this post...it actually goes a long way in me not taking giambac seriosuly now!

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2009, 08:22 PM
This place is a joke....If I went off about any fuckin country being bad I'd be banned in a second but we constantly allow this British anti-sentiment....people complain that there is too much british stuff around....well as one I can tell you you're wrong...all we really have is assholes to listen to on a daily basis. mods, FIX THIS SHIT

and again +1....I am not trying to call out the mods but the anti-british sediment needs to stop.

Shakes McQueen
04-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Tell me how you observed that, because of his British accent, people have faith in Carver.

- Scott

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM

I don't know, but you did just go off on Welland. Doesn't really make you look any better? I personally browse these boards all the time and haven't really seen this British anti-sentiment you speak of. I'm not knocking you at all. Just saying that from a third parties point of view, I haven't noticed it.

Southsider
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
+1....I posted the same thing before I read this post...it actually goes a long way in me not taking giambac seriosuly now!

All right, now I'm in the middle of this, So, H Bomb can rip on the place where I live, but GOD FORBID somebody make a poke about HIS hallowed homeland?

*cough* Hypocrite! *cough*

Back to topic , why are we still going on about a piss-take thread anyway?

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Tell me how you observed that, because of his British accent, people have faith in Carver.

- Scott

Yes i'd also like to know.....

napoli73
04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I haven't noticed it either, if anything i have heard more about other nations then i have of the British...i thought the wording of the comment was funny and don't think it was a knock against the british.

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
this is plain stupid...

A) go watch the championship

B) race/geography has zero to do with anything when it comes to how good someone is at something....also go check a map, England is in Europe....now please, dont be so ignorant next time

A) i watch the championship on setanta on many occasions. nothing quite like the welsh darby swansea city v cardiff. actually hoping cardiff can secure a playoff spot and win promotion to the premiership. (and become the 1st non english side to do so)

B)race/geography has much to do with it. england outsources for its coaches.. look at what happened when they gave mclaren the job. ouch. british just cant get the concept of possesion. long ball long ball long ball.

C) i agree, britain is part of europe. i should have said " the rest of europe" with the exclusion of israel who also play in uefa.

Beach_Red
04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I haven't noticed it either, if anything i have heard more about other nations then i have of the British...i thought the wording of the comment was funny and don't think it was a knock against the british.

The use of "sheep" was a knock against all of us, really.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:34 PM
All right, now I'm in the middle of this, So, H Bomb can rip on the place where I live, but GOD FORBID somebody make a poke about HIS hallowed homeland?

*cough* Hypocrite! *cough*

Back to topic , why are we still going on about a piss-take thread anyway?

there was tongue and cheek in my post....but the truth is I dont like your city...after living there for three years, traveling within it and meeting the locals...I can judge it, cause I know it...If I said, everyone from welland is an asshole...then I'd be wrong, and ignorant...like this King fellow is being

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2009, 08:35 PM
A) i watch the championship on setanta on many occasions. nothing quite like the welsh darby swansea city v cardiff. actually hoping cardiff can secure a playoff spot and win promotion to the premiership. (and become the 1st non english side to do so)

B)race/geography has much to do with it. england outsources for its coaches.. look at what happened when they gave mclaren the job. ouch. british just cant get the concept of possesion. long ball long ball long ball.

C) i agree, britain is part of europe. i should have said " the rest of europe" with the exclusion of israel who also play in uefa.

There's just as many shitty Italian, SPanish, Portuguese, etc. coaches asthere is British.

Ya, Man Utd uses the long ball all game....they don't care about possession *cough* 61% Man Utd 39% Porto *cough*. :rolleyes:

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:36 PM

completely wrong and unbelievably stupid. McClaren was the wrong man for the job because McClaren was the wrong man for the job. fucking idiots in this place

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
The use of "sheep" was a knock against all of us, really.
the use of the word "sheep" was not intended as a group to which anyone on these forums belong. i was refering more to the average soccer mom or leaf fan. the british accent - in many forms symbolizes various things. often intelligence, suffictication or wisdom. you more likely seen this if you pay attention to the symbolism used in movies.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
There's just as many shitty Italian, SPanish, Portuguese, etc. coaches asthere is British.

Ya, Man Utd uses the long ball all game....they don't care about possession *cough* 61% Man Utd 39% Porto *cough*. :rolleyes:

The stereo-type he's giving is that the British game in general is to play the long ball. Alot of British people will admit this. It's no different then the South Americans in general, dive and embelish like crazy. There's nothing wrong with saying things like that. I didn't see HBomb crying to close threads when people got off on the South Americans for diving, but I could be wrong. If he did, then I apologize.

Oh, ManU is far from being British ;)

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:42 PM

you can easily use the epls big four to argue against the english long ball obsession, however; you can use the remainder of the epl, the championship, league 1 and 2, and the national side to argue for.

napoli73
04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I think we are all getting off topic and getting at each other. What i got from King's post is that to many followers of TFC the British accent is sort of reassuring because like most fans of Football many watch the EPL and the British accent is prominently heard thus making us think of Carver as someone who knows what he's doing.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:43 PM

wrong again

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
the use of the word "sheep" was not intended as a group to which anyone on these forums belong. i was refering more to the average soccer mom or leaf fan. the british accent - in many forms symbolizes various things. often intelligence, suffictication or wisdom. you more likely seen this if you pay attention to the symbolism used in movies.

Yeah people are always talking about the posh Geordie accent and how smart it sounds...there and Clapham, pure class :drinking:

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I think we are all getting off topic and getting at each other. What i got from King's post is that to many followers of TFC the British accent is sort of reassuring because like most fans of Football many watch the EPL and the British accent is prominently heard thus making us think of Carver as someone who knows what he's doing.

i couldnt have said it better.

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
The stereo-type he's giving is that the British game in general is to play the long ball. Alot of British people will admit this. It's no different then the South Americans in general, dive and embelish like crazy. There's nothing wrong with saying things like that. I didn't see HBomb crying to close threads when people got off on the South Americans for diving, but I could be wrong. If he did, then I apologize.

We are speaking about british managers.....Fergie is Scottish....so again, have does the long ball play into it?

Parkdale
04-20-2009, 08:55 PM
:topic:

it's not about British coaches getting more respect, and the country itself getting less......

It's about trane not pulling his weight which is the real reason why our team is less than stellar at the moment.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
We are speaking about british managers.....Fergie is Scottish....so again, have does the long ball play into it?

There are always exceptions to stereo types. He is a hell of a coach. Doesn't mean that the stereo type doesn't apply though. Juan Pablo Angel is Colombian and rarely dives or embelishes in my opinion, but he's an exception as well.

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
naturally, Sir Alex, (a man who i respect so much that i capitalize his name) is the exeption. he is a great coach. but hey.. if english coaches in general could teach their teams a style of play other than long ball.. england probably wouldnt be coached by an italian after being turned down by a portuguese.

english run soccer. epl runs it. coca cola championship is better than 75% of european 1st divisions. a few great players. rooney, lamps, gerrard.. but not many great coaches. bottom line is this.. get TFC a non british coach so TFC can learn to hold POSSESION for more than 4 passes before booting the ball upfield.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
See I disagree with that King. Get TFC a COACH period who can do those things you say. If he's British then perfect, if he's not, perfect. I don't care where he's from.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
naturally, Sir Alex, (a man who i respect so much that i capitalize his name) is the exeption. he is a great coach. but hey.. if english coaches in general could teach their teams a style of play other than long ball.. england probably wouldnt be coached by an italian after being turned down by a portuguese.

english run soccer. epl runs it. coca cola championship is better than 75% of european 1st divisions. a few great players. rooney, lamps, gerrard.. but not many great coaches. bottom line is this.. get TFC a non british coach so TFC can learn to hold POSSESION for more than 4 passes before booting the ball upfield.

I'm sorry, you're arguing that this ISNT anti-british sentiment?

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry, you're arguing that this ISNT anti-british sentiment?

That just became anti-britsh sentiment :eek:

K1nG
04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
ok. i can understand why you feel that my remarks are anti-british. i am stereotyping british coaches as one trick ponys who can only play a long ball system. i am sorry but that is my opinion. the long ball culture is britain - IMO has corrupted every single british coach with the exeption of (before i get 10 replies saying his name) Sir Alex.

im portuguese and ill admit that i agree with some of the stereotypes. we do dive. we do have amazing players. we do hang in there with countries with 10 times our population.. and whoop them. we are aggresive and do commit many fould. we do things such as ronaldos "winker" to rooney. but we do play a possesion style of play which more often than not trumps the english long ball. all i want is for tfc to learn that style so as to trump the majority of the mls' long ball clubs.

Beach_Red
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM

Most movies these days use the British accent (upper class) for the bad guy. Or for the comic relief/twit.

But symbolism only works if its identified as such in the text (or in the movie) itself. We mostly use the terms "signifier" and "signified" these days and both must be present.

Otherwise what you're talking about are preconceived prejudices or stereotypes, shortcuts which can work, but are quite different from symbolism.

But back to the topic, I can't understand why any MLS team would bring in a coach with no MLS experience. Doesn't matter where the coach is from, there's going to be a real learning curve for this league - small rosters that can't be fixed simply by spending more money, losing players for international games, and a guaranteed unbalanced roster.

I guess the idea with Carver was that he was a youth coach or something, so he could be half-teacher and half-coach which is what most MLS teams need (and TFC needed for sure with iots cobbled together expansion roster) but it hasn't seemed to have worked out at all.

Every year the draft gets better and more MLS rosters are being filled with players from the NCAA so pretty soon that's where most of the coaches will come from, too.

K1nG
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
ps. i have alot of respect for britain. all im saying is that britain does not breed possesion style coaches. that is all. call it anti british sentiment if you please.. but i am not anti british.

LucaGol
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
ok. i can understand why you feel that my remarks are anti-british. i am stereotyping british coaches as one trick ponys who can only play a long ball system. i am sorry but that is my opinion. the long ball culture is britain - IMO has corrupted every single british coach with the exeption of (before i get 10 replies saying his name) Sir Alex.

im portuguese and ill admit that i agree with some of the stereotypes. we do dive. we do have amazing players. we do hang in there with countries with 10 times our population.. and whoop them. we are aggresive and do commit many fould. we do things such as ronaldos "winker" to rooney. but we do play a possesion style of play which more often than not trumps the english long ball. all i want is for tfc to learn that style so as to trump the majority of the mls' long ball clubs.

We won't be trumping anyone unfortunately. We'll just be catching up.

K1nG
04-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Most movies these days use the British accent (upper class) for the bad guy. Or for the comic relief/twit.

But symbolism only works if its identified as such in the text (or in the movie) itself. We mostly use the terms "signifier" and "signified" these days and both must be present.

Otherwise what you're talking about are preconceived prejudices or stereotypes, shortcuts which can work, but are quite different from symbolism.

But back to the topic, I can't understand why any MLS team would bring in a coach with no MLS experience. Doesn't matter where the coach is from, there's going to be a real learning curve for this league - small rosters that can't be fixed simply by spending more money, losing players for international games, and a guaranteed unbalanced roster.

I guess the idea with Carver was that he was a youth coach or something, so he could be half-teacher and half-coach which is what most MLS teams need (and TFC needed for sure with iots cobbled together expansion roster) but it hasn't seemed to have worked out at all.

Every year the draft gets better and more MLS rosters are being filled with players from the NCAA so pretty soon that's where most of the coaches will come from, too.

you are f'n smart. honestly.. one of best posts ive ever read.

would you be interested in being my mentor?

do you go to tailgates and if so would you like to meet me?

K1nG
04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
We won't be trumping anyone unfortunately. We'll just be catching up.
well said.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:13 PM

That is one great post!

jabbronies
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Sir Alex is Scottish not english

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Sir Alex is Scottish not english

Technically one in the same no?

Beach_Red
04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
you are f'n smart. honestly.. one of best posts ive ever read.

would you be interested in being my mentor?

do you go to tailgates and if so would you like to meet me?

:D

I think Rocker is the one doing the PhD.

I did my English degree in the 80's, it was all about deconstruction then and I haven't found a use for it since.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Now you're just temping the fates ;)

:poke:

jabbronies
04-20-2009, 09:22 PM

HA! This is totally an open door for me to totally go off the deep end on them latin american teams...but I'm not going to touch that one. :drinking:

Anyways I hear all this anti english talk from people. But I don't hear them talking about thier country of choices players that are open to TFC's pickings?

Is it because they are not knowledgable about thier country and all they know how to do is bitch and complain about what others are talking about?? hmmmm.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Now you're just temping the fates ;)

:poke:

That wasn't my intent. He was referring to the British in his posts, which includes Scotland no? I was actually going to say the same as Jabbronies at first but then figured he was including Scotland in his assessment, that's all.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
HA! This is totally an open door for me to totally go off the deep end on them latin american teams...but I'm not going to touch that one. :drinking:

Anyways I hear all this anti english talk from people. But I don't hear them talking about thier country of choices players that are open to TFC's pickings?

Is it because they are not knowledgable about thier country and all they know how to do is bitch and complain about what others are talking about?? hmmmm.

I have no idea what you are getting at to be honest. I think you may be completely mis-reading my post because I'm south american?

giambac
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM

Your Portuguese.
I'm staying out of this British debate. I'm not British and I'm not portuguese. Just one thing I will add. Man U is nothing without C Ronaldo. They at best would be an average team. If people don't belive it then why do they get all bent out of shape when the rumours start that he is leaving for Spain?

MrHawk
04-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Your Portuguese.
I'm staying out of this British debate. I'm not British and I'm not portuguese. Just one thing I will add. Man U is nothing without C Ronaldo. They at best would be an average team. If people don't belive it then why do they get all bent out of shape when the rumours start that he is leaving for Spain?

Quite possibly the most hilarious post I've ever seen.

H Bomb
04-20-2009, 09:28 PM
^^ yeah, I guess he missed the 90's

jabbronies
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I have no idea what you are getting at to be honest. I think you may be completely mis-reading my post because I'm south american?

The first part before the beer drinker was a fun shot at you because you said Scottish was basically English....anyways whatev' that was nothing.

The second part was directed to everyone

giambac
04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Quite possibly the most hilarious post I've ever seen.

great u got a chuckle.

I also forgot to mention Nani. :hump:

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-20-2009, 09:35 PM

I have to say your right K1nG. TFC can't hold the ball for more then 1 min, They don't make good run's off the ball, and there passing is BAD. JC has to come up with a new formation to get the best out of hes player's, cause the one they use now is not working at all.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Your Portuguese.

Hate Man Utd with a passion...but saying they are average without
Ronaldo is nuts....they would just replace him with someone else..
he's likely gone after this season anyways according to the press so we will see.

Four 4 Two
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
where's he goin? Out of EPL i hope!!

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:42 PM
The first part before the beer drinker was a fun shot at you because you said Scottish was basically English....anyways whatev' that was nothing.

The second part was directed to everyone

King was referring to Britain in all his posts. Great Britain includes Scotland. That's all I was saying. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he knows Ferguson is Scottish, that is all. I'm getting out of this conversation before someone goes and twists some shit I say.

giambac
Hate Man Utd with a passion...but saying they are average without
Ronaldo is nuts....they would just replace him with someone else..
he's likely gone after this season anyways according to the press so we will see.

That's a different story. Your arguing a differnet point. If they replace him with another top notch player they still will be astrong team. What I said is taht if you take Ronaldo off Man U and assuming he isn't replaced than Man U is just another average team.

everyone knows this including the top brass in Man U. That's why they won't let him go and if he does go they will be forced to replace him or their rankings in the standings will significantly come down.

TFC RealDeal RPB

Im a Man U fan and the don't play alot of the long ball. They like to do quick one two's and drive it wide, and for me there are not alot of good british managers sorry

Phil
04-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Seems like this thread is more about bullshit than anything TFC related.