PDA

View Full Version : The striker conundrum

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 09:50 PM
It's obvious this team wont make the playoffs unless more is done to maximise our offence.

We have five potential strikers, Barrett, Dichio, Vitti, Fuad and DeRo.

Playing DeRo as striker robs us of creativity in the midfield, Fuad is still green as hell and he's filling in for Ricketts, so that leaves Barret, Vitti and Dichio (until an unproven rookie coming off a serious injury is fit enough to give it a try.)

I want to see Dichio and Vitti partnered up whether it's for sixty minutes, forty five minutes or the full game. Vitti's cross tonight would have reached Dichio for certain, but Barrett was too short and doesn't know how to head it down anyway. In the short time that Vitti and Dichio have played together, Vitti has actually looked threatening. These two could be a great partnership if they actually had the chance to form a partnership.

Barrett needs to come on in the second half. All the chances he gets (provided the other team doesn't make a mistake) are early in the game when he's fresh. The problem he's having is he caves under pressure from defenders, he nearly did it on the goal he scored.

If he's coming on fresh in the sixtieth, the defenders are going to be less of a problem for him, and he could actually be quite demoralising with his pace and work ethic. His finish will always be down to kick and hope, but at the beginning of the match when the opposition is as fresh as he is, his chances are less likely to come to fruition.

Starting Barrett up front, and hoping for the best is not working.

Against Chivas on Wednesday, we're going to need players who aren't worn out, and for this reason, it might be good that Dichio and Vitti didnt get much time. If Barrett starts regardless, I will quite frankly, lose any hope I have for Carver's grip on what is happening out there.

jabbronies
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I think it's safe to say Ibrahim is no longer a striker. He's done an great job on the wing, I can see him there for the rest of the season

Dale_Rojo
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
It's obvious this team wont make the playoffs unless more is done to maximise our offence.

Playing DeRo as striker robs us of creativity in the midfield, Fuad is still green as hell and he's filling in for Ricketts, so that leaves Barret, Vitti and Dichio (until an unproven rookie coming off a serious injury is fit enough to give it a try.)

I want to see Dichio and Vitti partnered up whether it's for sixty minutes, forty five minutes or the full game. Vitti's cross tonight would have reached Dichio for certain, but Barrett was too short and doesn't know how to head it down anyway. In the short time that Vitti and Dichio have played together, Vitti has actually looked threatening. These two could be a great partnership if they actually had the chance to form a partnership.

Barrett needs to come on in the second half. All the chances he gets (provided the other team doesn't make a mistake) are early in the game when he's fresh. The problem he's having is he caves under pressure from defenders, he nearly did it on the goal he scored.

If he's coming on fresh in the sixtieth, the defenders are going to be less of a problem for him, and he could actually be quite demoralising with his pace and work ethic. His finish will always be down to kick and hope, but at the beginning of the match when the opposition is as fresh as he is, his chances are less likely to come to fruition.

Against Chivas on Wednesday, we're going to need players who aren't worn out, and for this reason, it might be good that Dichio and Vitti didnt get much time. If Barrett starts regardless, I will quite frankly, lose any hope I have for Carver's grip on what is happening out there.

well said, well said ....... i think we have PUT up with this Barett Experiment for WAY too long , VITTI has looked like he is out MOST dangerous Striker every time he steps on the pitch. He is NOT injured. He is just routinely sat. If Dero did not get injured would we have seen any of him?? Caver Favoring Barett is disgusting. Im Very upset with carver for that and for his tactics. We as TFC supporters deserve more that a Poor Finishing Hard worker. After the second game of Barett choking he should have been shipped off. Then we use that cap space for a DP CB, someone that can vocally control our back line.

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Barrett can score. He knows where the net is, he just hesitates too much.

At the beginning of the game, when he gets himself into golden opportunities, that hesitation is costing him. The opposition are ready for him, and the very sight of a defender bearing down on him causes him to panic and fuck it up.

He needs to be making those chances when the opposition are more tired, and his hesitating becomes less of an issue.

Make him a supersub ( I use the term loosely), and I'm convinced he'll score more.

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Well I'm sure Barrett will start. He scored. I may not agree with it, but I think he'll be there. I will say this, next game is his shot to prove that he is out of his slump. The big miss he had today was before his goal. So I fully expect that the awefull misses are a thing of the past if this goal has really awaken Barrett the beast.

Cristiano14
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I think he just stuck with Barret until he finally gained some confidence since benching him would have killed it and would render Barret useless for most of the season. At least that's what I hope Carver was thinking. Anyway now that he's bagged the goal he shud revert to the Vitti-Dichio partner ship as u said. ( vitti and Dichio did "score" together although it was called back for some stupid reason in the home opener)

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Well I'm sure Barrett will start. He scored. I may not agree with it, but I think he'll be there. I will say this, next game is his shot to prove that he is out of his slump. The big miss he had today was before his goal. So I fully expect that the awefull misses are a thing of the past if this goal has really awaken Barrett the beast.

He didn't score because of any creative brilliance on his part. Dallas screwed up, he should have been marked, but they probably stopped worrying about him much earlier.

Also, I screamed when he hesitated too long and nearly put it wide.

Scoring that goal proved nothing. One goal in 14 shots is not good enough, especially when we could have taken the lead earlier but for his poor finishing.

By the way, Guevara's missed sitter at the beginning of the game was just as bad as any Barrett flub, but that wasn't par for the course for Amado.

Dale_Rojo
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
He didn't score because of any creative brilliance on his part. Dallas screwed up, he should have been marked, but they probably stopped worrying about him much earlier.

Also, I screamed when he hesitated too long and nearly put it wide.

Scoring that goal proved nothing. One goal in 14 shots is not good enough, especially when we could have taken the lead earlier but for his poor finishing.

By the way, Guevara's missed sitter at the beginning of the game was just as bad as any Barrett flub, but that wasn't par for the course for Amado.

Guevara made up for it with the brilliant header to give barett the easy goal

Cambridge_Red
04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
If you watch the highlights Barrett had miles of space and nearly got caught, what would you have thought if he had missed? It was alot easier to score than miss IMO, glad he got it maybe it will change things but it certainly wasn't brilliant.

jloome
04-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Got to agree with Ex. Dichio has a succcesful history, there's no sign of rust on him this year so far, and he at least knows how to work with his strike partner to create space in the backline. Partner him with Vitti's movemetn off the defenders' shoulders and we might get somewhere.

Trouble with Dero, as I've alluded to in a Mo critique thread, is that he and Guevara are basically the same type of player, and neither tracks back well defensively. That leaves other players to pull too far out of position to cover for one or both of them, contributing to our team's inability to hold its shape and advance or defend as a unit.

poppamidnight
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Why are you discounting this fact?
Totally downplaying his value...

OBW could very well be this teams striker of the future,

and for that matter, Vitti appears to still be bothered some by that knee

Right now I believe Chad is being used as a band-aid... a brace if you will to get through until out eventual big-2 (White + Vitti) are both fully 100%

....with that said, it doesn't look like "band-aid" will cut it since we're dropping pts, and clearly not 'getting-by' or 'making-due-until-help-arrives'
...our playoffs could be put into question right now...

so do you risks injury/burnout to Vitti (or for that matter Dichio) now?:noidea:

Tis the question

If we get to the playoffs, I think we'll be firing on all cylinders with White, Vitti, Dichio as our 3

to me, after tonight, Chad has proven himself a poor mans Cunningham - but not in the bad way: (since he scores more than Cunny as isn't as big of a douche)
and i see the same end in sight for him (since his 'band-aid' status is now thrown out the window) = being traded

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm not discounting OBW at all, dont be absurd.

At this point, OBW is unproven in MLS and recovering from an injury that many players never truly recover from. What is false in this statement?

If were depending on him we're fucked.

poppamidnight
04-19-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm not discounting OBW at all, dont be absurd.

At this point, OBW is unproven in MLS and recovering from an injury that many players never truly recover from. What is false in this statement?

If were depending on him we're fucked.

But the fact is your comparing him to a guy (Barret) that's pretty much turned into a Cunningham Version 2.0 (slightly better, and less of a douche)

The guy was projected the CLEAR-#1 pick, HEADS above the rest in this yrs draft before it happened,
I'd rather depend on that coming off injury than something else

....and really, the basis for your argument is the fact we should be using only 1 striker....

we technically should be using 2 up front,
so when you boil it down,
it's not so much a question of WHO, it's a question of WHY we field the formation we do

We've never really seen a HEALTHY two up front for a full-90 (that Columbus game w/ chad+vitti - Vitti was great but clearly bothered by that knee)...

trane
04-20-2009, 05:57 AM
Exiled, you know that I agree. Barret scored, but the attack still looked disorganized around him. On couple of occasions, he did what you said caved in to defnders, on one he received the bll in a great position, which is unusual for him., and instead turingn and running, as most quality strikers would do, he had a greeat angle to beat the defender, he passsed back to De Ro out of the box , I think, giving the defense an opportunity to rest in a better position. Again I think hat Barret even if on his game is simply mor of an in the hole stiker not the traget man/punta type.

Luanda
04-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Beginning with yesterday and until the end of May, TFC has a brutal schedule. Ten games in 40 days!

So look for major line-up changes as we move from weekend to mid-week to weekend games. Changes up front, changes in the middle, changes on D and even the goal-keeper.

ensco
04-20-2009, 06:51 AM
I've been away and only just saw the game. Talk about a meal served cold.

Even after we came back.....Carver's teams are not fun to watch. He is too conservative, in terms of player selection, subs, everything.

As a charter "Dichio for Starter in 2009" supporter, I agree with this, but it may not be enough, we have serious problems all over the pitch.

MG42
04-20-2009, 07:25 AM
well we needed one major thing this offseason...goalscoring...where is it?

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 08:10 AM
But the fact is your comparing him to a guy (Barret) that's pretty much turned into a Cunningham Version 2.0 (slightly better, and less of a douche)

The guy was projected the CLEAR-#1 pick, HEADS above the rest in this yrs draft before it happened,
I'd rather depend on that coming off injury than something else

....and really, the basis for your argument is the fact we should be using only 1 striker....

we technically should be using 2 up front,
so when you boil it down,
it's not so much a question of WHO, it's a question of WHY we field the formation we do

We've never really seen a HEALTHY two up front for a full-90 (that Columbus game w/ chad+vitti - Vitti was great but clearly bothered by that knee)...

Did you read my post at all?

My argument is we should be partnering Vitti and Dichio up front.

Say what you like about OBW, but until he plays it's speculation and guesswork, just like Vitti's injury.

Davenport
04-20-2009, 08:55 AM
We need 2 goalscorers...Johnston get on the phone, if you know what one of those is. Most pubs have them.
Here's my very honest synopsis of the "strikers" so far.
DeRo is not a front man, but an attacking midfielder.
Dichio is finished....no pace, can't jump, struggles with fitness.
Vitti is obviously carrying an injury and can't handle the physical stuff.
Barrett is simply not good enough. Can't hold the ball up or finish.
Ibrahim is lightweight and might not make it, but he's young and at least time is on his side.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Although theres alot of food for thought in this thread (some of it i agree with) i do think people are dismissing Barretts goal in Dallas too easily, i thought he showed alot of composure which will help him find his rhythm.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Although theres alot of food for thought in this thread (some of it i agree with) i do think people are dismissing Barretts goal in Dallas too easily, i thought he showed alot of composure which will help him find his rhythm.

We could have taken the lead were it not for his lack of composure.

If hesitating like that is composure then fine, but it's too little too late if you ask me.

I've seen players get the red for telling officials to 'fuck off' too, not very composed.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2009, 09:30 AM
We could have taken the lead were it not for his lack of composure.

If hesitating like that is composure then fine, but it's too little too late if you ask me.

I've seen players get the red for telling officials to 'fuck off' too, not very composed.

Where was it that he told the ref to fuck off?
Dude has had a 4 game goalless streak, he had several chances and finally got one, due to the fact that he slowed it down and took his time, he definitely looked way more rushed in the other chances imo.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Where was it that he told the ref to fuck off?
Dude has had a 4 game goalless streak, he had several chances and finally got one, due to the fact that he slowed it down and took his time, he definitely looked way more rushed in the other chances imo.

Were you watching the game? he got a yellow for quite clearly Hollering 'fuck off' at the linesman, after being caught off side for the umpteenth time.

He has no killer instinct, or he'd have bagged one much earlier.

The goal was a sitter and he got it, yes, just.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Were you watching the game? he got a yellow for quite clearly Hollering 'fuck off' at the linesman, after being caught off side for the umpteenth time.

He has no killer instinct, or he'd have bagged one much earlier.

The goal was a sitter and he got it, yes, just.

I just finished watching it, thanks for the condescending remark tho, much appreciated. No he hasnt got any killer instinct but few strikers in this league do and those that do are out of our price range or not leaving their teams.

That goal was far from a sitter, were you watching the game?:rolleyes:

Cambridge_Red
04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
I just finished watching it, thanks for the condescending remark tho, much appreciated. No he hasnt got any killer instinct but few strikers in this league do and those that do are out of our price range or not leaving their teams.

That goal was far from a sitter, were you watching the game?:rolleyes:

Ok please like he said watch the replay he got the ball with fucking miles of space and barely got past the defender with a gaping net at his disposal it was by no means a nice goal, a nice setup good ball ibby onto Guevara but Barrett had miles of room..

Brooker
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Barrett scores and still people bitch about it.

unbelievable.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 09:55 AM
So you hadn't seen the whole game before you questioned the opinions of those who had? What kind of comment did you expect?

It was a sitter, he was one on one, and if he'd missed there would be no more argument about his worth on this team.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok please like he said watch the replay he got the ball with fucking miles of space and barely got past the defender with a gaping net at his disposal it was by no means a nice goal, a nice setup good ball ibby onto Guevara but Barrett had miles of room..

maybe we have different opinions on what a sitter is, mine generally doesnt include charging a goalie full on a with a defender sided up right next to you trying to squeeze you out of the box, yes he had a good distance between him and the goalie but dont forget this dude has missfired (as mentioned a billion times already).

credit where credit is due

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
So you hadn't seen the whole game before you questioned the opinions of those who had? What kind of comment did you expect?

It was a sitter, he was one on one, and if he'd missed there would be no more argument about his worth on this team.

Oh i did see the whole game before speaking
Once again we can agree to disagree.

trane
04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Why bring Dichio in in the 90th, what exactly is the point of that move?

Roogsy
04-20-2009, 10:13 AM

I am still banging my head over that one. WTF? :noidea:

loconet
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
What I want to know is what the hell is going with Vitti? Is he injured or not? He didn't look injured yesterday. Is he not showing promise during practice? Is that why Carver is not playing him?

IMO, it's useless to keep playing DeRo almost as a second striker. We lose attack and creativity in the midfield. DeRo will spread himself thin. Guevara alone can't do it and Cronin and Robo are too defensive minded. Play Pablo and Chad together up there, have them both go at it. Let Guevara and DeRo feed them balls all day.

I would personally put most of the blame of yesterday's loss at our offense and Carver's tactical decisions. One can make an argument about the first goal and the lack of pressure on the scorer but there was little that our defenders could have done about following two goals. The second one caught the whole back-line by surprise. The third, well, no need to explain. As it has been said before, had we capitalized on those early chances, the game would have looked a lot different. Then bringing on Velez to have 3 at the back rather than a second pure forward? eh... odd decision.

Hopefully Chad's confidence issues are solved now and he stops wasting them.

Darlofletch
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Guevara made up for it with the brilliant header to give barett the easy goal

So Guevara should get credit for heading the ball to a guy who was obviously in acres of space, a fairly easy play that to be fair he executed very well.

But Barrett should get no credit for a goal where he started 40 yards out and still had the goalie to beat? :noidea:

Yes there were no defenders anywhere near him, but still, that part of the goal was a lot harder than Guevara's header.

And when exactly has Vitti looked really dangerous, he had one good dribble and shot against Columbus, what else has he really done? admittedly he hasn't had much of a chance when he's nailed to the bench.

I get that you're from South America, or at the very least grew up watching South American Futbol, and you're pissed that you're now stuck watching a very British style team, but dude, your obvious hard on for the Latino players really diminishes your credibility.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
What I want to know is what the hell is going with Vitti? Is he injured or not? He didn't look injured yesterday. Is he not showing promise during practice? Is that why Carver is not playing him?

IMO, it's useless to keep playing DeRo almost as a second striker. We lose attack and creativity in the midfield. DeRo will spread himself thin. Guevara alone can't do it and Cronin and Robo are too defensive minded. Play Pablo and Chad together up there, have them both go at it. Let Guevara and DeRo feed them balls all day.

Oh god yes please.
You could have DeRo just tucked in behind the two of them and Guevara behind DeRo

trane
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
I am still banging my head over that one. WTF? :noidea:

I would like to explain his thinking. What was he going to do in the 90th? At this point you are bringing him in what to risk injury? I just cannot see any reasonable explenation.

Blazer
04-20-2009, 10:19 AM
The offence will and has been fine. Hell, we’re at or near the league average. It’s the back end we should be worried about here folks, only Dallas has given up more and we can’t seem to beat them.

Roogsy
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM

I know I am repeating myself here...but Vitti is not injured.

Roogsy
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
The offence will and has been fine. Hell, we’re at or near the league average. It’s the back end we should be worried about here folks, only Dallas has given up more and we can’t seem to beat them.

I can't agree with that considering our defenders have more goals than our forwards.

I submit that our problems are on both lines right now. But we have options at forwards that we are not using. We don't have options on the backline at the moment.

Darlofletch
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Ideally we'll be able to find a way to get both of them in the lineup. Though it certainly hasn't happened yet this season, Barrett's our best bet at forward to score a bunch of goals.

Dichio's your classic big bruising centre forward who causes problems for the defence, chips in with the odd goal here and there, but would ideally be used to create chances for a goal poacher type, ie Emile Heskey to Michael Owen.

Vitti looks tricky and skillful but his record with other clubs and the little action he's got with us certainly don't lead me to think he'll be a good goalscorer, if he played all 30 games I would be absolutely stunned if he scored 10 goals. He's a more subtle creator of chances for a goal poacher type, ie Peter Beardsley to Gary Lineker. (Apologies for the england-centric references).

Unfortunately Barrett's a long way from Lineker or Owen, but apparently he's a streaky scorer so i'd stick with him for another game or two and hope he gets on a roll, because even at their best I can't see either Dichio or Vitti being the consistent scorer we need. Hopefully White can eventually fill that role.

Not sure who I'd take out to get them both in there, probably Ibrahim from the Dallas lineup, we certainly need to keep Cronin to cover up for Wynne's massive defensive deficiencies.

I posted the above in the barrett/vitti forum, I still stand by it, especially now Barrett's scored. Except now Vitti can play instead of De Ro. And Wynne wasn't as bad this week, found myself yelling "where the fuck was wynne" a lot less than I usually do.

brad
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I would like to explain his thinking. What was he going to do in the 90th? At this point you are bringing him in what to risk injury? I just cannot see any reasonable explenation.

To add some time to the clock.

I've heard other managers (good ones in the top flight) say that a sub can add approximately 30 seconds to extra time. It's a ploy that some use for that reason.

bee dubya
04-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Time to sign another striker. Bring this guy in for a trial!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/04/lower_league_wanderer_looking.html#075814

For all the talk this offseason about an improved offense, we've yet to see it in a game. We look very flat in possession and don't have any real plan of attack. I'm getting tired of watching our style of play. Anyone watch the Seattle/Chivas game Saturday? I wish we were able to play the possession game that those sides use. We certainly have the talent in midfield to do it, we just need to adjust the tactics to take advantage of our talent.

Blazer
04-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I can't agree with that considering our defenders have more goals than our forwards.

I submit that our problems are on both lines right now. But we have options at forwards that we are not using. We don't have options on the backline at the moment.

No thanks, I’ll take a CB before a striker at this point.

I’d rather not be using options that I have, than not having options at all.

Our defence blows and perhaps if we weren’t so mindful of it the offence could fire properly.

Besides, they can have all the goals they want - if they can't prevent them, they've failed. I don't expect the trend of unlikely offence to continue from our backs.

bhoybobby
04-20-2009, 05:19 PM
There's no conudrum, Dichio & Vitti are the best forwards as of today, just fuckin' play them. It ain't brain science or rocket surgery

Damien
04-20-2009, 05:22 PM
How about cutting Ricketts & Harmse (or) Velez, and trading a GK for allocation space.
Then sign a defender.

Oh wait, and do something with the offence too :p

Beach_Red
04-20-2009, 06:03 PM
There's no conudrum, Dichio & Vitti are the best forwards as of today, just fuckin' play them. It ain't brain science or rocket surgery

The two of them offered the only bright spots in the Seattle game.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 06:09 PM

I know that, I was just hoping that if I embellished a little, made a long winded explanation and added fluff to the argument people would actually take me seriously.

I've been harping on for weeks that Dichio and Vitti need to partner up.

But apparently Dichio is old and crippled and Vitti is carrying a season ending injury.

Who knew?

Obviously not me, cause I didnt read that anywhere, did anybody else?

sidney
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
White, to say the least (new to pro/MLS soccer & rebounding off an acl), is completely unproven.

craigtfc
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Come back Collin Samuel all is forgiven!! HAHAHAHAHA

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-20-2009, 06:36 PM

a penalty is a sitter...and we missed one in KC,,does that reflect on that players worth on the team? Barrett should be fine now that the goal has
come...He will get another wednesday night.

T_Mizz
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I can't figure out why you'd bench Barrett now that he's broken the seal, he's clearly a streaky striker, who's performances are 90% based on where his confidence is, so now that he's on a high and people are starting to believe in him (or so he thinks) let him start. He worked hard to get into the space for that goal and remain composed with a keeper charging and a gigantic defender barreling down on him. Clearly someone thought it was a good goal as its up for goal of the week.
Although i must say Vitti seems to bring bags of creativity to a lineup that seems to be lacking in it. I would really like to see him line up next to De Ro in a 4-3-2-1 regardless of who the one is.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 06:43 PM

Don't you know, Carver knows how to kill time by subbing a player in the 90th minute. Oh wait, we were losing.

T_Mizz
04-20-2009, 06:45 PM
To add some time to the clock.

I've heard other managers (good ones in the top flight) say that a sub can add approximately 30 seconds to extra time. It's a ploy that some use for that reason.
I always thought teams trying to waste time made late substitutions? But I'm not sure. If it truly does add time to the clock then its essentiall the same as any other coach taking a timeout late in the game.

Pigfynn
04-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Play Vitti in Dero's place on Wedneday night...let's see how that goes.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
a penalty is a sitter...and we missed one in KC,,does that reflect on that players worth on the team? Barrett should be fine now that the goal has

You're a wind up merchant.

I'm not biting, buddy.

wzhxvy
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Pigfynn, I think that is exactly what is going to happen...if they are smart

T_Mizz
04-20-2009, 07:20 PM

You're a wind up merchant.

I'm not biting, buddy.
I'm not sure how he's trying to wind you up there:noidea:

bhoybobby
04-21-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure how he's trying to wind you up there:noidea:

Barrett would have trouble scoring on his wedding night

Lucky Strike
04-21-2009, 07:44 AM
I know I am repeating myself here...but Vitti is not injured.

According to the GolTV broadcast last Sunday, they were told that Vitti is carrying a knock. So he's not "injured-injured" per se, but he's not 100%.