PDA

View Full Version : Has DeRo Played up to par ?

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
So do u guy's think DeRo has played well for us so far ?

Nuvinho
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
we turn on players soooo fast!!!

joesoccerfan
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
he's been the best player in the team, hands down.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Hes shite

Jack
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
He's been very good. He's been a focal point of our offence and has made a lot of good plays which haven't been finished.

I get the feeling he's pretty frustrated right now.

Hey Mighty, I know a doctor who does cranial-rectal extractions. You might want to check him out.

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Hard to tell. The players surrounding him haven't played up to their potential, so it's hard to judge the performance of one player in that situation.

I will say that he's made lots of creative passes and runs, and had a nice goal last weekend.

He hasn't taken the team by storm yet, like I'd hoped he would, but maybe we have still yet to see the best from him.

All in all, I've been satisfied with his play so far.

- Scott

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
considering that Carver had him playing musical chairs in different positions... it's hard to tell.

Nuvinho
04-19-2009, 08:57 PM
What happens when Frei has a bad game? are we going to have a same poll about him.

Who is going to be the goat next week?

TFC RealDeal RPB
we turn on players soooo fast!!!
who said i turned on him i'm just askin a question

Roogsy
He draws players.

He scored a good goal.

He is getting no service.

He played hurt today trying to help the team.

He is doing everything that we can ask from him. Except of course, the boneheaded giveaway that led to the goal today. But I can forgive him for that. So far, he is what I was hoping. We need to give him better service though.

loconet
Even with the couple of crew ups, easily, one of our best players.

A lot of heart, sharp plays. Can't wait to see more.

Sonny Cheeba
it's hard to live up to something without the support needed.

look at Robhino he was all hype and isn't making his team the premier league leaders. he's also on a shite city team that nearly drew with west brom today.

dero is in a very similar position imo.

marshall_law
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
difficult to gauge...he doesn't get any support on the pitch from teammates. can't be expected to go it alone.

he must be wondering what he's gotten himself into...

TFC RealDeal RPB
Were do u guys think his best position is?

OneLoveOneEric
considering that Carver had him playing musical chairs in different positions... it's hard to tell.

This is one of the biggest factors in our play all around, IMO.
We're not good enough to have a new strategy and lineup every night. Carver needs to stop making fairly knee-jerk decisions, pick a lineup in a single formation, and stick with it for at least 4-6 games before we'll have a clue of where we stand.

shwade
04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Whenever we've played well it's mostly because of him.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
yes, i agree that he is not getting enough service. That is whyI feel that he should be played more in the middle off the park, so he is on the ball more and controlling the game. So far for me, Guevara and Diro haven't looked good together.

TFC07
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes, he has so far played well for TFC.

We just need our other players to step up.

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Were do u guys think his best position is?

I actually liked him in the withdrawn striker/attacking midfielder hybrid role he was in, in Kansas City.

- Scott

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
No. He has not.

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
No. He has not.

Hahaha. You can just tell that there's a whole rant just waiting on the tip of your tongue. :D

- Scott

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 09:18 PM
He's certainly added quality to this team if you ask me.

giambac
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
So do u guy's think DeRo has played well for us so far ?

He has been average at best.

however I will giv ehim the benefit of the doubt. New team, new team mates and he also has been injured (hamstring). Howeevr, I must say that i did expect more from this guy. Hopefully he willimprove as he gets more accustome dto his team mates.

alexintoronto
04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't think he's the problem.

Get him some strikers - start Dichio and Vitti. Sign a DP.

I think the question is - "How frustrated is DeRo at coming to this team?"

Roogsy
04-19-2009, 09:55 PM
I think the question is - "How frustrated is DeRo at coming to this team?"

And at some point it will affect his play. We're all the same. Where frustration grows to the point where it affects our performance. Then he becomes part of the problem!

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
He's been very good. He's been a focal point of our offence and has made a lot of good plays which haven't been finished.

I get the feeling he's pretty frustrated right now.

Hey Mighty, I know a doctor who does cranial-rectal extractions. You might want to check him out.

1 goal in 5 games...works out to 6 goals in 30...one less then last season
so you do the math...hes past his best..we should have kept Jullius james

Jack
04-19-2009, 10:03 PM
LOL

So now an offensive midfielder is to be judged by his goal totals?

Yeah, we should have kept James. :rolleyes: :noidea:

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM

I mean, your view is so flawed. So let's say Dero gets his 6 goals and beats the MLS record for assists in a single season, would you still want Julius James?

Sonny Cheeba
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
ok ok let's not get crazy here and say shit like we want rid of DeRo for Julius James when Harmse is still on the team.

c'mon.

I want Tyrone, Todd, or Julius back and Kevin off on some other fuck team.

Kickit09
04-19-2009, 11:06 PM
no, but he's still one of the best players on the team.

dupont
04-19-2009, 11:08 PM
yes. without him we would have been even worse so far and if Ben Knight disagrees then he can suck a radish.

Cambridge_Red
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Hes been injured in the past two games, plus our team cant pass the fucking ball... you figure it out..

Stilts
04-20-2009, 01:46 AM
He gets out played a lot, and when he does he looks at the ref and throws his hands in the air like he was just shanked with a knife and wants a free kick.

Jeffro
04-20-2009, 01:56 AM
He's had good moments, he's had bad moments,
At times he's tried to do it all himself.
DeRo will find his place on this team.

Right now we're not playing as a team, hard to put that on any one player, coach, or manager.

katatonic
04-20-2009, 04:10 AM
give him more time?...time is running out already.

TFC FORZA RPB
04-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I believe he has, except the players around him haven't been able to finish, he's all over the field trying to create plays.

I think he as well as the entire team will get stronger as the season progress'.

ExiledRed
04-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I dont think he's played up to par, but we know what his par is, and it's one of the best in MLS.

We know what 'par' is for a lot of our starters and it's below DeRo's current form, dropping DeRo would be the stupidest thing we could do.

Pachuco
04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I can't believe some people are actually shitting on DeRo. The man has brought quality to this team, and without him we may as well be last year's team. I'm not saying this because I'm biased Canadian or anything of the sort (I happen to think Brennan has been terrible this year), I'm saying this because his presence makes a difference on the field.

The only thing you could fault Dero for is trying to do things himself, but that's a product of not having confidence in his other players. Once the team starts playing well together you'll see that he'll have a big part to play.

Heathen
04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
What's impressed me about De Ro is his work rate and willingness to get stuck in, I guess as a flair player I assumed that wasn't part of his game

K1nG
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
I dont think he's played up to par, but we know what his par is, and it's one of the best in MLS.

We know what 'par' is for a lot of our starters and it's below DeRo's current form, dropping DeRo would be the stupidest thing we could do.
well said. DeRo's par / bar is set high as one of the premier players in the mls. thus far i have not seen that form. i know everybody misses penalties.. but that penalty miss against kc has in a way personified his season thus far in my view... sloppy. i expected with De'Ro in the lineup a club that would be able to string a few passes together. yesterday during the game the most i could count was 4 consecutive passes before booting the ball up field. De'Ro should be the transitioner, the midfield maestro.

oh and dont forget the give away yesterday. look.. had that giveaway not occured tfc could have taken the lead and it would have been a very different game.

loconet
04-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I can't believe some people are actually shitting on DeRo. The man has brought quality to this team, and without him we may as well be last year's team. I'm not saying this because I'm biased Canadian or anything of the sort (I happen to think Brennan has been terrible this year), I'm saying this because his presence makes a difference on the field.

The only thing you could fault Dero for is trying to do things himself, but that's a product of not having confidence in his other players. Once the team starts playing well together you'll see that he'll have a big part to play.

+1

To shit on DeRo for our problems and judge him based on "not scoring enough" shows a lack of basic understanding of the game and what he brings to this team. His contribution and presence on the field (regardless of the hype around his name) has been great.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I mean, your view is so flawed. So let's say Dero gets his 6 goals and beats the MLS record for assists in a single season, would you still want Julius James?

beats the assists record.?..he canna he kick a penalty with out it flying
over the net...6 goals might be a stretch right now...dont get me wrong
i hope he gets 10-15...just that hes not producing right now..and being out the next 2 games he wont...But what if TFC win the next 2 games
without DeRo in the lineup??

sully
04-20-2009, 12:37 PM
he's been the best player in the team, hands down.

I would say Serioux has been our best player so far..

DeRo has also played well..not disappointed by him at all..he is playing his role well..(he is not DP quality and he never was going to be..). But Serioux has been our best so far...probably because for once we have a good, consistent, and aggressive defender.

Jack
04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
i hope he gets 10-15...just that hes not producing right now..and being out the next 2 games he wont...But what if TFC win the next 2 games
Your answer has nothing to do with his question :rolleyes:

sully
04-20-2009, 01:07 PM

Whay? DeRo isn't a striker..if you think he is.

Northern Soul
04-20-2009, 01:10 PM

Seriously, have you ever watched a football match outside of TFC or MLS? Do you know ANYTHING about the game? :noidea:

T_Mizz
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Before this game he was directly involved in/responsible for all but one goal, he just had one bad game it can happen to anyone

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-20-2009, 04:10 PM
+1

To shit on DeRo for our problems and judge him based on "not scoring enough" shows a lack of basic understanding of the game and what he brings to this team.

I know the game very well and i'm not shitting on him. I just think he can play better and make hes team play better.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
I would say Serioux has been our best player so far..

:canada:I would have to agree :canada:

TFCREDNWHITE
04-20-2009, 04:54 PM
DeRo is the man...

He needs to become a cold hard killer on the pitch!

Swingers:

Trent (http://www.moviemistakes.com/name1902): I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man, a bad fucking man! Now go get them!

MFG1
04-20-2009, 05:04 PM
him and serioux have been the absolute standout with this motley crue

loconet
04-20-2009, 05:48 PM
I know the game very well and i'm not shitting on him. I just think he can play better and make hes team play better.

Hey man, I wasn't referring to you since your original post was just question (a valid one too).

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Seriously, have you ever watched a football match outside of TFC or MLS? Do you know ANYTHING about the game? :noidea:

I do know TFC should have never made a deal for DeRo...hes popular cause he's local and Canadian..if he had good years left do you really think Houston would have gave him up so easily?

TFC USA
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I do know TFC should have never made a deal for DeRo...hes popular cause he's local and Canadian..if he had good years left do you really think Houston would have gave him up so easily?

I know. Toronto FC wanting a Canadian? Can't have that! :rolleyes:

Herschel Walker had some good years left and he was traded. Hmm.....

Dude, you don't think and you talk nonsense more than any other troll I've dealt with.

Guevara missed a penalty and he's Honduran. Bench him!

Ricketts missed a penalty and he is British! DUMP HIM!

You say give the team some time, buy the 5 year plan. But then you turn around when one or two mistakes are made by a player you give them hell.

K1nG
04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
heads up to all: if in a week, two weeks, a month, six months, a year or two years from now DeRo is not performing up to expectations - do not create a new thread. even if this thread is on page 189.. look for it.. take all evening.. and post in it.

why?

because a few days ago i had my designated player thread closed due to the fact that there was a designated player thread on page 57 which hadnt been replied to in months.

wzhxvy
04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
K1ng for a mentee you are bringing a lot of attitude. Have your mentors not provided you the guidance and leadership necessary ? Is it time for a new mentor ? :-)

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
K1ng for a mentee you are bringing a lot of attitude. Have your mentors not provided you the guidance and leadership necessary ? Is it time for a new mentor ? :-)
thats part of the reason ive become disgruntled. no Mentor.

wzhxvy
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Can someone PLEASE get this man a mentor !!!!

K1nG
04-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Can someone PLEASE get this man a mentor !!!!
how about FluSh?

wzhxvy
04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Flush would be a good choice.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey man, I wasn't referring to you since your original post was just question (a valid one too).
True ! :drinking:

K1nG
04-20-2009, 10:00 PM
so thus far to recap the results from the poll.

40.28% say Yes
22.22% say No
37.50% say give him more time.

I would argue that saying "give him more time" means that he is not playing well thus far. If the 37.50% of people saying "give him more time" thought he was playing well - they wouldnt ask for more time.

I for one do not think he has been playing horribly. Obviously I take into account the form of the players surrounding him. But lets remember that thus far he has booted a penalty over the net (which could have cost us two points if KC tied the game) and handed Kenny Cooper a gift wrapped goal.

Does anyone think that JC should shoulder some of the blame since he has (as my future mentor FluSh put it) .. been playing musical chairs with respect to DeRo's positions?