View Full Version : Toronto FC @ FC Dallas Post-Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Have at it guys.

- Scott

TFC USA
Yet again we give up a goal late in Dallas and that's the 5th time we've given up a penalty against them.

Did not play well but did good to come back from 2-0 down. Good to see Barrett score.

But it all has gone to waste.

John Carver has convinced me that he is just a stubborn idiot. Dichio in the 90th? Why is he doing this over and over again? Put him in earlier if you want a bigger impact. His substitutions are so dumb. Velez for Ibbe? Really?

He does this every week when it's a close game. He's the most mechanical manager in MLS.

I'm giving Barrett another chance. Carver has to go.

FIRE JOHN CARVER!

dag
Woe.

billyfly
04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Dang.

kodiakTFC
04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
- Serioux played well
- we need a RPB bounce house with face painters
- need to work on finish

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm going to go to the corner store and chill out for a while. I'm really pissed about how this game ended, and how listless we were in the first half.

- Scott

TFC USA
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
If it reads like I'm going all over the place. It's because I am.

The worst team in MLS is now us. And with the players we have we should be doing better than this. Enough of this 5 year plan BS, time to take out the trash.

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I got more excitement taking a pee at half time...

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Already made one of these a few minutes ago:
http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=12339

Can a mod please merge these?

- Scott

Davenport
That was pathetic..from start to finish.
From Johnston to the worst player in the squad, they are simply not good enough.
A very poor excuse for a football team.

Beach_Red
If Dichio can't play he should retire and free up the cap space for someone who can.

And if can play - he should start.

Inswingingwingman
TFC should threaten to not play. That was such a bad call it cannot be defended. There is some sort of plot to ensure that American teams win games. No other ref in any reputable league would have given a penalty kick for a ball to arm in the box. TFC would be better to start shooting at opposing players arms that the goal. We did our best, got back in the game, but in the end the game was not decided by the play, by the players, it was decided by the ref. That would be ok if there was a reason, but it was just lets screw the the Canadian team.

I cannot understand why Carver didn't just go out and get the red card and tell the ref he was F'n stupid.

I thought I had seen everything but that was just fricking stupid. They should have told TFC to stay in the hotel and drink instead of showing up. Would have made no difference.

Sonny Cheeba
this loss just makes me more pissed that we Tied last week...

fuckin crap.

MUFC_Niagara
Well, TFC USA started his thread, giambac is on route, LucaGol is here....the gangs all here!

LucaGol
... just read last game's post game thread.

To sum up:

1. No effort
2. No creativity
3. Lucky breaks on goal(s)
4. Carver ... nice to have a beer with ... but out of his depth

sully
I keep asking myself why I should continue to support this league when its referees don't know the rules of the game... Any idiot could tell you that was an accidental handball.. I can accept its a low standard of football, it is what it is so that's OK...but when something like this happens...it might be time to move on..

Batman
04-19-2009, 08:07 PM
merged

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, TFC USA started his thread, giambac is on route, LucaGol is here....the gangs all here!

:D

This is prime time for us.

So much good material to heap more pressure on Carver.

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:08 PM
merged

Thanks sir. :D

- Scott

Sonny Cheeba
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I keep asking myself why I should continue to support this league when its referees don't know the rules of the game... Any idiot could tell you that was an accidental handball.. I can accept its a low standard of football, it is what it is so that's OK...but when something like this happens...it might be time to move on..

i don't usually stick up for the MLS refs. in fact i quite often speak out against their crap calls.

but that was the right call. if it hit his arm and his arm was right against his body, then it would be the wrong call. his arm was sticking out, parallel to the pitch. it's the right call, unintentional or not.

thems the breaks.

Marco2K
WTF is Carver doing?

Kevin
If Dichio can't play he should retire and free up the cap space for someone who can.

And if can play - he should start.

Excelent words of wisdom!

TFC USA
04-19-2009, 08:10 PM
TFC should threaten to not play. That was such a bad call it cannot be defended. There is some sort of plot to ensure that American teams win games. No other ref in any reputable league would have given a penalty kick for a ball to arm in the box. TFC would be better to start shooting at opposing players arms that the goal. We did our best, got back in the game, but in the end the game was not decided by the play, by the players, it was decided by the ref. That would be ok if there was a reason, but it was just lets screw the the Canadian team.

I cannot understand why Carver didn't just go out and get the red card and tell the ref he was F'n stupid.

I thought I had seen everything but that was just fricking stupid. They should have told TFC to stay in the hotel and drink instead of showing up. Would have made no difference.

I don't care. Once again we went up against a supposedly inferior opponent and dug ourselves a hole we couldn't get out of. Missed chance after missed chance. Long ball after long ball. It's monotonous football and I hate it.

Time for a new day in TFC history. This ain't the Vancouver Canucks. Vigneault at least had playoff experience. This Carver idiot? Not so much.

sully
i don't usually stick up for the MLS refs. in fact i quite often speak out against their crap calls.

but that was the right call. if it hit his arm and his arm was right against his body, then it would be the wrong call. his arm was sticking out, parallel to the pitch. it's the right call, unintentional or not.

thems the breaks.

It is not the right call. There must be intent.

Mojo
Sigh.

Gixmo
I hate to incur the wrath here, but how many of you guys are actually match officials... As in, have the proper credentials..

Anyone who does, will tell you that yes, It sucks.. but that's a penalty... It's
A: In the box (Which is merely a catalyst for problems)
B: Arms are NOT at the players side
C: The ball hit the arm

It's a rough call, it's a harsh call..but it's the right call...

Now, with that out of the way - A fairly beer league performance there, weak.

Inswingingwingman
Not Carver's fault. We were in the game. Our goals were legit. They got one as a gift. Little baby HeZues gave them the game. They had nothing to do with the win, Dallas. It was the ref. I'd make it clear they can go F themselves, we can change leagues and make them look like morons.

Cause they are morons...

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 08:11 PM

thems the breaks.

then why is not made all the time? if you are going to call that at least be consistent.

Nuvinho
This is going to be a tough stretch of games (Chivas, KC, and Columbus).

Beach_Red
:D

This is prime time for us.

So much good material to heap more pressure on Carver.

Of course, he would have looked pretty good if they'd actually scored in the first ten minutes, putting out the same line-up as last week.

The thing is, when they didn't and then when Dallas completely took over no adjustments were made. It's all on a hope and a prayer.

Gixmo

Your wrong man - The 'intent' constitutes the color, if any, of the card coming out.

giambac
04-19-2009, 08:12 PM
NO big deal.

So what we lost again to the wrost team in the league. No big deal.
So what we earned 1 out of a possible 6 points against the worst team in the league. No Big deal.

So what Carver had the incorrect starting lineup again. No Big Deal
So what Carver failed to make the correct substitutions at the correct time. NO BIg Deal.

So what that we have earned 5 out of a possible 15 points so far (33%). No Big Deal.

So what Carver has no winning record as a coach anywhere he has coached. No Big Deal.

So what Mo has no winning record as a Manager anywhere. NO BIg Deal.

So what Mo still hasn't got us a DP. NO Big Deal.

So what Our defence is Terrible. No Big deal.

Forget about all of the above and lets's give both Carver and MO another 5 games. Heck why not another 10 games, or for that matter another 5 years. Shit there is so much positive and improvement each week with these guys as our leaders.

Give them a life term contract.. Give them a key to the city. They deserve it. I

Shakes McQueen

thems the breaks.

That isn't the rule. Someone else quoted it in the game thread.

If that's the case, players might as well tape their arms to their sides, or players might as well start firing at the opposing players' arms, instead of the net.

Wynne was turning around, and get hit in the arm with the ball before he could react. He wasn't just standing in the box with his arms straight out.

It was a bad call, in my opinion.

- Scott

SanStarko
TFC should threaten to not play. That was such a bad call it cannot be defended. There is some sort of plot to ensure that American teams win games. No other ref in any reputable league would have given a penalty kick for a ball to arm in the box.

It was a clear penalty. Doesn't matter what league you play in, that was a penalty. His arm was stretched out away from his body, and the direction of the ball was changed by his arm. Penalty. Doesn't matter that he didn't mean it, if you're in the box and you have your arm stretched out from your body and the ball hits it, then it's a penalty. In the English Premier, it would be a penalty, in the SPL it would be a penalty, in Spain/Italy/Wherever it's a penalty. End of. If it had happened at the other end we'd have been screaming for a penalty and would have been going mental had it not been given.

We have to stop moaning about the refs and focus on the fact that as a team we are just not good enough. In my opinion it's because Carver hasn't got what it takes. I think we've got enough decent players in the squad to do well but Carver has them running about like headless chickens who haven't got a clue what they're meant to do. And don't even get me started on his subs.

Plenty of Trout
04-19-2009, 08:13 PM
This team has such a long long way to go to be a play-off team.

Jeffro
Thoroughly disappointing, start to finish.

forza_tfc
Didn't Wynne do the same stupid thing last year?

He needs to train with his hands tied behind his back.

rocktml
Carver seems to pay attention more to whats fans are yelling at him then the actually game......

giambac
04-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Yet again we give up a goal late in Dallas and that's the 5th time we've given up a penalty against them.

Did not play well but did good to come back from 2-0 down. Good to see Barrett score.

But it all has gone to waste.

John Carver has convinced me that he is just a stubborn idiot. Dichio in the 90th? Why is he doing this over and over again? Put him in earlier if you want a bigger impact. His substitutions are so dumb. Velez for Ibbe? Really?

He does this every week when it's a close game. He's the most mechanical manager in MLS.

I'm giving Barrett another chance. Carver has to go.

FIRE JOHN CARVER!

NO NO NO.

Give both Carve rand MO a key to the city for all the great work they have done to make TFC the laughing stock of the league.

Sonny Cheeba
then why is not made all the time? if you are going to call that at least be consistent.

yes inconsistency is the problem i have with MLS refs. but i'm not talking about consistency. i'm just saying, that wynne should have kept his arm down and we wouldn't be talking about this.

he made the right call. sure it may not be consistent, but we have to live with Wynne committing a foul that got noticed.

we could all clearly see it on TV.

MFG1
if you think they have a chance against Chivas on wednesday, you are all connoisseurs of crack

Davenport
WTF is Carver doing?
He doesn't know. He's clueless.
Look at his body language....he doesn't know what to do, what to say, or how to lift his players.

InDa_110
what exactly does Ibrahim do?

tell Jimmy he's not good enough to make 40 yard passes.

Vitti doesn't start because?...........Barrett is all of a sudden going to develop skills that are better than his?????????

FluSH
disgusting...

We produced nothing of an offence... All we had was scrums in the box...

mclaren
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately this game just again confirmed what I think about the team and our management.

Roogsy
I hate to incur the wrath here, but how many of you guys are actually match officials... As in, have the proper credentials..

Anyone who does, will tell you that yes, It sucks.. but that's a penalty... It's

Agreed...harsh call. But you really can't disagree with it.

I am the BIGGEST MLS ref critic out there...in fact, this game showed several boneheaded calls...but that particular one isn't so out there we should be angered by it. It happens everywhere.

sully
FIFA - LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player
commits any of the following three offences:
• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his
own penalty area)

giambac

It was Carvers last match. If Not there should be a boycott of the next match. He is a joke.

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
what exactly does Ibrahim do?

tell Jimmy he's not good enough to make 40 yard passes.

Vitti doesn't start because?...........Barrett is all of a sudden going to develop skills that are better than his?????????

unfortunately Ibby was non-existant in this game... should have been out after the 1st half...

sully
Agreed...harsh call. But you really can't disagree with it.

I am the BIGGEST MLS ref critic out there...in fact, this game showed several boneheaded calls...but that particular one isn't so out there we should be angered by it. It happens everywhere.

I am bloody angered by it...it was an absolute shit call...(pardon the language)

Jamaicanadian

I dont think that "intent" is written into in the laws of the game.

The ref got it right unfortunately......

camcamy

O come on mate does he have pick the ball up or something?

Sonny Cheeba
04-19-2009, 08:17 PM
That isn't the rule. Someone else quoted it in the game thread.

If that's the case, players might as well tape their arms to their sides, or players might as well start firing at the opposing players' arms, instead of the net.

Wynne was turning around, and get hit in the arm with the ball before he could react. He wasn't just standing in the box with his arms straight out.

It was a bad call, in my opinion.

- Scott

yeah your opinion. let me ask you something.

what if wynne was doing the same thing but blocked the ball in the same way, from going into the net? would it be a weak call then?
no. so what's the difference?

Davenport
Unfortunately this game just again confirmed what I think about the team and our management.
Having watched a lot of footy this weekend, it really shows how poor this league is.

LucaGol
NO NO NO.

Give both Carve rand MO a key to the city for all the great work they have done to make TFC the laughing stock of the league.

Funny how there's less and less opposition of our continuous preaching that Carver is inept.

There's really nothing to defend any more.

He's not up for the job.

It's black and white.

giambac

I've refed and it was indeed a correct call. It is unfortunate becasue it casued us the game. However lets not be bias. It definetly was the correct call.

rocktml
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
John Carver seems to pay more attention to the fans yelling at him from the stands then the actual game itself.....

Davenport
I am bloody angered by it...it was an absolute shit call...(pardon the language)
Sorry mate..if they had handled it in their box the same way you'd be saying it was a cast iron penno.

Keystone FC
6,813 attendance.

I think they counted the flys by the refeshment stands.

Shakes McQueen

No, he has to be clearly intending to obstruct the path of the ball with his hand. Otherwise, when you're in the box, why not just try to lob the ball at someone's hand? It's much easier than trying to score.

- Scott

TFC RealDeal RPB
-Serioux had a good game
-could only make 4 or 5 in a row
-To much long ball crap
-JC sub's were shite
-DeRo fucked up big time
-They don't work hard
----------------------------------- FUCKIN SHITE !

Oldtimer

• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
own penalty area)

Some of the folks here think they know the rules better than FIFA :lol:

I've seen that call NOT made many times. It should only be made in the box when it is clearly deliberate.

T_Mizz
unfortunately Ibby was non-existant in this game... should have been out after the 1st half...
What game were you watching? mine was starring Ibbe, I'm not saying anything about his performance but he was far from non-existant

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
This game was long lost before that handball... There was no creativity from our side... we couldn't figure out Dallas for the entire game.

Beach_Red
disgusting...

We produced nothing of an offence... All we had was scrums in the box...

ExiledRed isn't here so I'm going to say it for him - why doesn't Dichio start?

Against Seattle Dichio and Vitti created a lot of chances. How come they don;t get a chance to work that out the way Barrett gets chance after chance to work it out?

Aroundtheworld
If Carver is still around for the next home game, I think it's time to bust out the "You don't know what you are doing" chants.

sully

this is pretty basic stuff! The referee must judge that the player deliberately handled the ball...

Wynne was turning before the ball rose to strike his arm and had his arm up for balance...a player cannot turn without balance

giambac
This team has such a long long way to go to be a play-off team.

Plyoff team?? Your kidding right??

The main concern should be that they don't come dead last yet again:eek:

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Here's a thought that just cross my mind ...

... I think we have the most expensive bench not only in this league ... possibly in any league worldwide ... lol

Sutton 160K
Dichio ... what, 200k
Ricketts ... 150K or so
Vitti ... almost 300K

way to build a team Mo.

mclaren
NO big deal.

So what we earned 1 out of a possible 6 points against the worst team in the league. No Big deal.

So what Carver failed to make the correct substitutions at the correct time. NO BIg Deal.

So what that we have earned 5 out of a possible 15 points so far (33%). No Big Deal.

So what Carver has no winning record as a coach anywhere he has coached. No Big Deal.

Forget about all of the above and lets's give both Carver and MO another 5 games. Heck why not another 10 games, or for that matter another 5 years. Shit there is so much positive and improvement each week with these guys as our leaders.

Give them a life term contract.. Give them a key to the city. They deserve it. I

Don't you know we have a 5 year plan here?!! :rolleyes:

Pachuco
No, he has to be clearly intending to obstruct the path of the ball with his hand. Otherwise, when you're in the box, why not just try to lob the ball at someone's hand? It's much easier than trying to score.

- Scott

I think you need to look up the rules. I was a ref, that ain't the rule. I'm not doing anyone's homework though.

The ref made the right call. Anyone who disagrees either doesn't know the rules or is biased. simple as that.

bhoybobby

That was the right call, that call would be made in any league, deal with it & move on. We didn't play well enough to Wynne

FluSH
-Serioux had a good game
-could only make 4 or 5 in a row
-To much long ball crap
-JC sub's were shite
-DeRo fucked up big time
-They don't work hard
----------------------------------- FUCKIN SHITE !

100% Agreed... Although I think DeRo should have not played seeing that he didn't practice the last 2 games with the Team nursing his hamstring...

giambac
Didn't Wynne do the same stupid thing last year?

He needs to train with his hands tied behind his back.

He must think he is Italian.. He sure likes to use his hands.

Forza Azzuri

Forza TFC

Pachuco

... I think we have the most expensive bench not only in this league ... possibly in any league worldwide ... lol

Sutton 160K
Dichio ... what, 200k
Ricketts ... 150K or so
Vitti ... almost 300K

wow that put's things into perspective. Dichio doesn't make 200K though.

Shakes McQueen
I think you need to look up the rules. I was a ref, that ain't the rule. I'm not doing anyone's homework though.

The ref made the right call. Anyone who disagrees either doesn't know the rules or is biased. simple as that.

Someone quoted the FIFA rulebook earlier in this thread.

- Scott

Jack
It's not about the handball. We shouldn't be depending on a ref's call to win or lose us a game like that.

Cooper's goal was brutal defending, as was the second goal. Barrett scored one but missed a couple of easy chances as usual. We have no one to blame but ourselves for this loss. Using the hand ball is a cop out.

Something needs to happen with this team, quickly!

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Someone quoted the FIFA rulebook earlier in this thread.

- Scott

I don't see it?

tfc007
We cant beat a usless fucken team like Dallas,what makes anybody think that we stand a chance against the first place team in MLS on Wednesday and on saturday against a team that has gained its form since we beat them. It doesnt look too good! I am so fucken frusterated with this fucken organization,its not even funny!

kitchener-TFC
Fuck the MLS and their shit refs. Let's make our own professional league.

Mojo
Having watched a lot of footy this weekend, it really shows how poor this league is.

Regardless, what do you want us to do? Up and find a new league to play in? We cant, this is the league we are in and theres nothing we can do. Can't really complain about the league, all we can do is complain about the team.

Redpunkfiddle

I believe:

He sent in the pass where Guevara messed up his chance.
He launched the pass that Guevara headed on to Barett for the goal.

T_Mizz
04-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Sutton 160K
Dichio ... what, 200k
Ricketts ... 150K or so
Vitti ... almost 300K

way to build a team Mo.
Just a bit of hyperbole, don't you think?:D

FluSH
ExiledRed isn't here so I'm going to say it for him - why doesn't Dichio start?

Against Seattle Dichio and Vitti created a lot of chances. How come they don;t get a chance to work that out the way Barrett gets chance after chance to work it out?

Dichio's age has caught up to him.. when a player tells you that he can't do the full +90 like he used to...it usually means that.

Dichio's style of play is prefect for the long ball unfortuntely I don't see him starting that much...

kingjerk
From fifa's laws of the game
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf
(page 110)

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact
with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following
into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards
the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected
ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is
an infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing,
shinguard etc.) counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown

Oldtimer

technically, if a defender tugs on a jersey, it's a PK too. When did you see that awarded? I've seen it once.

Gixmo

• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
own penalty area)

You are quoting page 33 of the hand book, which deals with free kicks
We are talking about a handball, within the 18 yrd box.

Now, the debate has raged on since Fifa last amended the rules of the games. What is a 'deliberate' handball ? In the opinion of many who ref it's when a player does not take the proper steps to avoid contact with the hand... IE : When your arms are pushed at length, horizontal to the body.

Every good defender knows to keep his arms/hands tight to his body - If you do, and you have a similar situation occur, you get away with it.

Shakes McQueen
It's not about the handball. We shouldn't be depending on a ref's call to win or lose us a game like that.

Cooper's goal was brutal defending, as was the second goal. Barrett scored one but missed a couple of easy chances as usual. We have no one to blame but ourselves for this loss. Using the hand ball is a cop out.

Something needs to happen with this team, quickly!

The handball doesn't excuse our generally poor play, but it affected the outcome of the match.

- Scott

giambac
This game was long lost before that handball... There was no creativity from our side... we couldn't figure out Dallas for the entire game.

This is true.

Carver and the fans will blame it on the handball. We lost because we weren't ready to play. Let's be honest.

MFG1
anyone watching this crap carver is spewing on tv right now? its exactly what he is doing

Roogsy
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM

- Scott

Sure. And it happens.

Just like other teams use other forms of gamesmanship. For example...trying to draw fouls in the 18 yard box. We don't do this. We don't use footskills to try to get them to foul us in the box. Instead, we lob long balls and then dance around the box until we lose it and have to run back and defend. The same story for 3 years now.

Oldtimer
From fifa's laws of the game
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact
with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following
into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards
the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected
ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is
an infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing,
shinguard etc.) counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown

How dare you quote FIFA. There's some House League refs here who know better!

TOBOR !
- we need a RPB bounce house with face painters

LOL...

Barrett - in spite of himself still managed to score, and I couldn't believe that he did. He had too much time on the ball - that's usually a bad thing for out-of-form strikers.

The only reason I can think of for bringing Velez on was for his long-throw from the left side touch-line. Which he never got the opportunity to do. The thing is, while these long throws can be deadly, what's the point of them if they're just being aimed at the keeper - or to a spot that only the keeper can reach ? Apparently 'they're like corners, only you can aim them'. Well fuckin' aim them away from the keeper then.

Hard luck on the penalty call. I suppose it could have gone either way, but really - put your hands in your pockets and it doesn't happen. Harmse's call was tougher (Columbus). The thing is, it still shouldn't have decided the game. Poor defending on the corner gave Moore his goal, and a giveaway resulted in Cooper's first. On top of that we missed loads of chances - including the ubiquitous effort from 2 feet off the goal-line with the keeper nowhere in sight.

At times we're shooting when one more pass would have done the trick, and at others we're passing once too often and losing the chance to shoot. It seems as though the squad is grinding it gears at the moment while we wait for the perfect mixture of lineup and philosophy to emerge. Let's hope JC gets this sorted out soon.

egoodwin
Carver is tearing up that ref, and the ref sure as damn hell deserves it

samconnie
04-19-2009, 08:24 PM
he is pissed all right

FluSH
I believe:

He sent in the pass where Guevara messed up his chance.
He launched the pass that Guevara headed on to Barett for the goal.

The 1st I will give to you... however the 2nd one was no Herculean effort... Guevara's header knowing where Barrett was is what made that goal.

LucaGol
anyone watching this crap carver is spewing on tv right now?

Who's fault now?

Ref?

Rick Titus?

Second gunmen on the grassy knoll?

O.V.Redcoat
I have to agree with some of the posts, Carver has to that he can lift his team up when they are down and make the right substitutions at the appropriate times. If that doesn't happen soon then its time for a fresh face.

JonO
Some of the folks here think they know the rules better than FIFA :lol:

I've seen that call NOT made many times. It should only be made in the box when it is clearly deliberate.
The problem is that it is often difficult to determine that it is deliberate. That is why the practice is to call it handball if the player has his arms in an "unnatural" position. I can't say if this was the case as I followed the game here, but I think it means if you have you hands above your head or if you are standing with arms out wide - basically where they shouldn't be..

forza_tfc
Let's face it -- we have quality players who are not organized. From preseason to weekly training, these guys should be playing footy like clockwork. Instead they play like it's a pickup game.

TFC needs to spend big money on a proven coach.

dag

It is unbelievable that an organisation such as ML$E could be worth so much as a result of consistently promoting mediocrity across its properties.

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Dichio's age has caught up to him.. when a player tells you that he can't do the full +90 like he used to...it usually means that.

Dichio's style of play is prefect for the long ball unfortuntely I don't see him starting that much...

Dichio never said he couldnt do the full 90

If he did he should be cut

Shakes McQueen
Carver just tore into the referee. Said he was disappointed with our performance in the first half, but said we "dominated" the second half. Not sure what he was watching.

We certainly did better, but domination that was not.

- Scott

Beach_Red

Sutton 160K
Dichio ... what, 200k
Ricketts ... 150K or so
Vitti ... almost 300K

way to build a team Mo.

Frei won the job from Sutton and that surprised everyone - look how late he went in the NCAA draft which everyone says is useless.

But why don't the rest of the players on that list start?

Or at least Dichio and Vitti.

giambac

Sutton 160K
Dichio ... what, 200k
Ricketts ... 150K or so
Vitti ... almost 300K

way to build a team Mo.

That's what I don't understand.

Why are Ricketts and Vitti on the bench. Either they should be palying and Carver has no clue or they aren't good enough and MO has wasted our money in a salary cap world. Someting is wrong and someone has to be accountable.

PLEASE PLEASE all u CARVER and MO Supporters HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS. I NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING>

TFC RealDeal RPB
100% Agreed... Although I think DeRo should have not played seeing that he didn't practice the last 2 games with the Team nursing his hamstring...
I know but JC made the call to play him. I think we need to play the
4-5-1

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Here is my quick analysis...

1. Serioux was a beast again
2. Brennan was absolutely shite
3. Cronin was invisible as usual (don't get how some of you have been impressed, still waitin to be impressed myself)
4. Guevara was terrible
5. Barrett, terrible minus a 1 on 1 finish with 10 mins to think about it
6. Wynne was decent besides the penalty. He has to know to keep his hands to his sides
7. Dichio - oh right, that was another 90 minute substitution by Carver
8. Vitti - hard to rate from the little we saw of him
9. Frei - He was alright, but anytime a team scores 3 goals on a goalie it's hard to praise him.
10. Ibrahim - Not so good, had a pretty bad game

Carver - Well he's sitting here as I speak blaming the game on the ref, hahahaha

Ref - Best ref I've actually seen this year

JonO
How dare you quote FIFA. There's some House League refs here who know better!Yeah - but there's a difference between the letter of the law and how they are interpreted. There are official guidelines for interpreting these laws...

Jack
The handball doesn't excuse our generally poor play, but it affected the outcome of the match.

- Scott
What affected the outcome of the match more? Our shitty play, or one bad call by the ref?

The fact that we defended horribly on two plays which lead to goals, or one shitty call by the ref?

It was a bad call, but we were shit.

If Carver wants to use the ref as an excuse, he needs to give his fucking head a shake.

MFG1
Who's fault now?

Ref?

Rick Titus?

he actually had the nerve to defend barrett and say piss off to the fans that are mad at him for making lineup decisions and if they dont like it , why is he wasting his time. hahahahahaha

Gixmo
12.9 DELIBERATE HANDLING
The offense known as “handling the ball” involves deliberate contact with the ball by a player’s hand or arm
(including fingertips, or outer shoulder). “Deliberate contact” means that the player could have avoided the touch
but chose not to, that the player’s arms were not in a normal playing position at the time, or that the player
deliberately continued an initially accidental contact for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage. Moving hands
or arms instinctively to protect the body when suddenly faced with a fast approaching ball does not constitute
deliberate contact unless there is subsequent action to direct the ball once contact is made. Likewise, placing hands
or arms to protect the body at a free kick or similar restart is not likely to produce an infringement unless there is
subsequent action to direct or control the ball. The fact that a player may benefit from the ball contacting the hand
does not transform the otherwise accidental event into an infringement [emphasis added]. A player infringes the Law
regarding handling the ball even if direct contact is avoided by holding something in the hand (clothing, shinguard,
etc.).

That should clear some of it up for you - I'm not defending it, Just throwing my .02 out there. I made a similar call a few years back during an Ontario Cup qualifier, and the result was a garbage can flying at me courtesy an angry parent.

It sucks folks, but the same call would have gone our way...

FluSH
Dichio never said he couldnt do the full 90

If he did he should be cut

Dichio - "I will probably retire after this season" reasoning why? Because my age has caught up to me...

That translates to me in Chinese, English, Spanish, and Arabic as "I can't do the full 90 minutes"

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Sure. And it happens.

Just like other teams use other forms of gamesmanship. For example...trying to draw fouls in the 18 yard box. We don't do this. We don't use footskills to try to get them to foul us in the box. Instead, we lob long balls and then dance around the box until we lose it and have to run back and defend. The same story for 3 years now.

kingjerk quoted the rules of the game. I can't really say any more about it than that.

- Scott

LucaGol
I can think of at least 5 pk's given off the top of my head in international matches with FIFA's best refs in charge where ball to hand pks were given.

This penalty is usually given. There's no surprise here.

The only time I see it not given is when it strikes the player's hand and he's clearly not looking at the ball.

Blizzard
What affected the outcome of the match more? Our shitty play, or one bad call by the ref?

The fact that we defended horribly on two plays which lead to goals, or one shitty call by the ref?

If Carver wants to use the ref as an excuse, he needs to give his fucking head a shake.

Sure but at the same time you cannot discount that a dubious penalty call by the referee changed the scoreline from 2-2 to 3-2.

It happened! It can't be ignored.

Ya, there's more to it than just that but it was a botched call that changed a result. It happened!

giambac
Who's fault now?

Ref?

Rick Titus?

OBAMA's fault.
It's a conspiracy.

At least Carver thinks so.

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM

Why are Ricketts and Vitti on the bench. Either they should be palying and Carver has no clue or they aren't good enough and MO has wasted our money in a salary cap world. Someting is wrong and someone has to be accountable.

PLEASE PLEASE all u CARVER and MO Supporters HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS. I NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING>

From reading into the clues of the commentators... Vitti is having a very hard time adjusting and communicating... I guess they paid $300k but no translator and are depending on Guevara to translate...

Shakes McQueen

I agree, but again, I'm not trying to argue what affected the result of the match MORE. That penalty took us from getting one point in a game we played like shit in, to getting zero points in a game we played like shit in.

- Scott

ExiledRed
The problem is that it is often difficult to determine that it is deliberate. That is why the practice is to call it handball if the player has his arms in an "unnatural" position. I can't say if this was the case as I followed the game here, but I think it means if you have you hands above your head or if you are standing with arms out wide - basically where they shouldn't be..

He twisted with his arms out, and the ball caught his the underside of his forearm and was deflected back to the ground.

I hate to say it, but that's a penalty, intention has nothing to do with it.

mclaren
04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
The ref = convenient scapegoat for a crappy performance by a crappy team?

Rhapido

You're right, that's how it's typically called.

Jack
Sure but at the same time you cannot discount that a dubious penalty call by the referee changed the scoreline from 2-2 to 3-2.

It happened! It can't be ignored.

Ya, there's more to it than just that but it was a botched call that changed a result. It happened!
I agree that a dubious penalty changed the scoreline from 2-2 to 3-2.

But I also know that some horrible defending and a brutal giveaway changed the score from 0-0 to 1-0 then from 1-0 to 2-0 as well.

So the penalty was just the icing on the shit cake.

Oldtimer
20 fouls called on TFC
7 on Dallas

8 offsides called on TFC
0 on Dallas (yet I saw at least a couple that should have been)

There is something wrong there, and it's not entirely our team.

mclaren

Ricketts is shit - I think that has something to do with it.

Beach_Red
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Dichio - "I will probably retire after this season" reasoning why? Because my age has caught up to me...

That translates to me in Chinese, English, Spanish, and Arabic as "I can't do the full 90 minutes"

At five minutes a game why wait till the end the season? That's a luxury substitution we can't afford with this salary cap.

But why not start him now and see how long he can go? Dichio at the start of this game would have made it a completely different game.

giambac

3. Cronin was invisible as usual (don't get how some of you have been impressed, still waitin to be impressed myself)
4. Guevara was terrible
6. Wynne was decent besides the penalty. He has to know to keep his hands to his sides
9. Frei - He was alright, but anytime a team scores 3 goals on a goalie it's hard to praise him.

Carver - Well he's sitting here as I speak blaming the game on the ref, hahahaha

good and accurate summary of teh match.

ExiledRed
From reading into the clues of the commentators... Vitti is having a very hard time adjusting and communicating... I guess they paid $300k but no translator and are depending on Guevara to translate...

Are these the same commentators that used the term 'yellowtailed yellow card' and said that we we'd played beyond the 3 minutes injury time at 91:47?

Batman
04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I hate to say it but I'm starting to feel tha Montreal will be in the MLS playoffs before we are... and that's even if they're not in the league for another 3 years.

Rhapido
Once again we went up against a supposedly inferior opponent and dug ourselves a hole we couldn't get out of.

Well, except for the 0-2 hole but hey, details...

Antoshka
only 10.5 months till next season

FluSH

4. Guevara was terrible

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. hmmm I did see him celebrating with the guys after Barrett scored!
4. Guevara dismatled after the 2nd half... he did take that corner to Robinson who found Serioux in that scrum... and gave Barrett his Goal on a siler platter... but he did F-up that Free Kick late in the game.
7-10. THe rest I also agree.

MUFC_Niagara
Funny how there's less and less opposition of our continuous preaching that Carver is inept.

There's really nothing to defend any more.

He's not up for the job.

It's black and white.

Everyone is tired of fighting you.

Gixmo
Side note : After seeing the responses here, My offer to ref the RPB tourney is off the table unless I get some security lol :)

The real focus here needs to be on our finishing and what Carver had for breakfast, as he has seriously lost his mind... Maybe he's looking for Shearer to throw him a lifeline?

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM

But I also know that some horrible defending and a brutal giveaway changed the score from 0-0 to 1-0 then from 1-0 to 2-0 as well.

Yes, we aren't arguing that the team played like shit. What we are saying, is that the penalty cost us a point. Which it did.

You're just arguing something that we don't disagree with, haha.

- Scott

Dirk Diggler
What s shit performance. I don't even know how to react. Just when I thought we couldn't get any worse ... we did. Also, I don't know if Barrett scoring is a positive or a negative. This will surely limit Vitti's playing time as Chad has bought himself a longer lifeline.

As for the hand ball ... it was a penalty no doubt. Like Sonny cheeba said, if Wynee was doing that in front of the goal mouth and prevented the ball from going in, should the ref not have called it a penalty because it wasn't intentional? Intent isn't the be all end all. This isn't the court of law. You don't have an entire jury just sitting there and trying to decide whether there was any intent. The ref has to make a decision within a second ... and lets be honest ... when you see someone with their arms like that, there is very little the ref can do. He can't be following Wynne's movement all throughout the match to understand that there was no intention.

Pachuco
20 fouls called on TFC
7 on Dallas

8 offsides called on TFC

yeah, like we have Serioux on our team? you've gotta be kidding me if you think the ref wasn't fair both ways. We got away with some ridicolous fouls (robinson right outside the 18). Trust me, it should have been 30 fouls on TFC.

Why are people here so biased? why is it that we have a terrible game and people still can't blame the team, instead they blame the ref?

boban

Yeah but I'm croatian :p lol

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Are these the same commentators that used the term 'yellowtailed yellow card' and said that we we'd played beyond the 3 minutes injury time at 91:47?

Well Jason De Vos has seen Vitti in practice and outside of gameday play... so I would take his saying this from experience.

bhoybobby

Quote of the night

giambac

okay. I won't debate or argue that point. Mo brought him in at good $. He ahs to be accountavble. He brought in Vitti at good $ and he is sitting on th ebench. Either he or Carve ror both have explaining to do othe rtahn just blaming the refs.

Rocco
The ref = convenient scapegoat for a crappy performance by a crappy team?

that's the bottom line really. We can't blame the ref on this loss.

giambac
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I hate to say it but I'm starting to feel tha Montreal will be in the MLS playoffs before we are... and that's even if they're not in the league for another 3 years.

MY Gosh Robin.. I think you may be right.

LucaGol

There's nothing left to fight any more.

Stop struggling ... you know the more you struggle, the more the quicksand sucks you in.

Carver is not a manager ... he doesn't have the capability.

How is this still not clear.

Roogsy

4. Guevara was terrible

This is where you lose completely credibility Pachuco. I am not saying you have to like this poor team. I am not saying you can't disagree with the way they are playing or criticize the people in charge. But you have to make reasonable points.

Blaming Brennan's play? He wasn't good, he wasn't shit. Why even bring him up?

Frei was alright? He has been one of the lone bright spots on the team.

Cronin invisible?

You constantly blame players that are not the problem. Barrett's lack of finish. Harmse's constant booting the ball up the pitch. Those are things that are obviously wrong with this team. But Cronin's consistency labelled "invisible"? This kid is going to be a solid player in this league. If Carver started Ricketts on that side you would be criticizing that as well. Cronin was not the problem.

You mix good points with really ignorant ones and the end result is that you come off looking uninformed and someone we should ignore if it wasn't so difficult to ignore you, Giambac and the others just like you.

T_Mizz
4. Guevara dismatled after the 2nd half... he did take that corner to Robinson who found Serioux in that scrum... and gave Barrett his Goal on a siler platter... but he did F-up that Free Kick late in the game.

I don't think he even took it they tried some trickery or somethng

Jack
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Yes, we aren't arguing that the team played like shit. What we are saying, is that the penalty cost us a point. Which it did.

You're just arguing something that we don't disagree with, haha.

- Scott
Actually, I'm arguing that the penalty didn't cost us a point. Our shitty play cost us a point.

The penalty was an unfortunate accident. The other two plays that lead to Dallas goals were eminently avoidable.

We shit the bed today and the penalty has little bearing on that, in my mind.

giambac

I'm not.

I think LucaGoal knows his stuff.

Roogsy
20 fouls called on TFC
7 on Dallas

8 offsides called on TFC

There is something to this. This can't be ignored.

FluSH
I don't think he even took it they tried some trickery or somethng

Well the magic blew up in their face... almost a counter attach by Dallas if Wynne didn't stop that...

Sonny Cheeba
Well Jason De Vos has seen Vitti in practice and outside of gameday play... so I would take his saying this from experience.

Exiled had the same commentators as i did from Fox Sports Southwest...

i didn't hear anything of real substance about TFC

bhoybobby
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Jack, that was a clear penalty, if that was us & we didn't get it, we'd go absolute ape shit. It was a penalty. Wynne has to hold his hands up & take responsibility, oooop, I mean own up.

King Jeff
It was a clear penalty.

*snip*

We have to stop moaning about the refs and focus on the fact that as a team we are just not good enough. In my opinion it's because Carver hasn't got what it takes. I think we've got enough decent players in the squad to do well but Carver has them running about like headless chickens who haven't got a clue what they're meant to do. And don't even get me started on his subs.

What this man said. I'm not ready to give up on Carver just yet, but this team isn't playing with any brains or creativity.

T_Mizz
You guys are talking about different commentators I think, I don't recall De Vos saying Yellow tail Yellow card

Pachuco
This is where you lose completely credibility Pachuco. I am not saying you have to like this poor team. I am not saying you can't disagree with the way they are playing or criticize the people in charge. But you have to make reasonable points.

Cronin invisible?

You constantly blame players that are not the problem. Barrett's lack of finish. Harmse's constant booting the ball up the pitch. Those are things that are obviously wrong with this team. But Cronin's consistency labelled "invisible"? This kid is going to be a solid player in this league. If Carver started Ricketts on that side you would be criticizing that as well. Cronin was not the problem.

You mix good points with really ignorant ones and the end result is that you come off looking uninformed and someone we should ignore if it wasn't so difficult to ignore you, Giambac and the others just like you.

This is funny shit this post. Basically the ones you agree with are good points, the ones you don't are ignorant. Please block me, I'd rather not have to respond to you anymore.

OneLoveOneEric
There is something to this. This can't be ignored.

When you don't play well and chase the game for 90 mins, you commit lots of fouls.

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not.

Why is so wrong to demand results?

I don't understand ... I really don't.

Redpunkfiddle
yeah, like we have Serioux on our team? you've gotta be kidding me if you think the ref wasn't fair both ways. We got away with some ridicolous fouls (robinson right outside the 18). Trust me, it should have been 30 fouls on TFC.

Why are people here so biased? why is it that we have a terrible game and people still can't blame the team, instead they blame the ref?

Thank you for saying this I was typing it up myself.

Mikey
I'm not.

Maybe you guys can form an anti-Carver forum somewhere........I hate to break it to you, but Jack doesn't have authority as president of the RPB to fire Carver for you, no matter how many times you post it on the forums.

billyfly
Thank goodness I don't leave near any cliffs. Hold on, there are some bridges. Hmmmm.....

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:39 PM
At five minutes a game why wait till the end the season? That's a luxury substitution we can't afford with this salary cap.

But why not start him now and see how long he can go? Dichio at the start of this game would have made it a completely different game.

So we play Dichio for 45mins at the most and then sub? I don't think Carver will do that...

Rhapido
04-19-2009, 08:39 PM
NO big deal.

If there was no penalty call in the 84th and this game ends in a tie, with TFC clawing back from 0-2, I'm betting that you're not posting this.

Jack
04-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Jack, that was a clear penalty, if that was us & we didn't get it, we'd go absolute ape shit. It was a penalty. Wynne has to hold his hands up & take responsibility, oooop, I mean own up.
I agree with the fact that it was a penalty.

My point is, that's not what cost us the points.

The horrible play on Dallas' two other goals cost us points today. The penalty was an unfortunate accident.

giambac
04-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Cronin invisible?

i DON'T GET IT. yOU IGNORE ME AND YOU HAVE A POSTER OF cARVER IN YOUR ROOM?

mighty_torontofc_2008
The game became near impossible with DeRo's giveaway...the good thing is he wont be playing the next two matches so we have a hope...the penalty? if the sitaution was reversed we would have wanted a penalty...but Carver was right though this
Ref was Shite..nothing new for MLS though. Chivas is going to be tough....the struggles of a young franchise continue!

Gixmo
Let's all step back and take a breath.. It'll turn around

...And for the record, Serioux man handled his markers.. and in some cases, there should have been fouls called that were not.. Its give and take...

Today we lost, Lets leave it at that.

Inswingingwingman
Can't blame the ref?

What planet are you from? Intentional is just that.

I can't say we, TFC was great, but we deserved better.

I'm so tired of the naysaying, backbiting, blithering idiods that claim to be supporters but come on here and demand everyone be fired from Mo to Paul to Carver to every player, it's just baby shit moronic.

Any real supporter would just jump up and down and chant and look forward.

Yer a bunch of whining wankers. Support your team or STFU. Bitching here and complaining about our players will not make our team better. Leave that to management. If you were so brilliant, you would be running the team.

Send in your resume.

In the meantime, let's get behind a team that can fight back when it's 2 nil and tie the game and get screwed by a bad call. I don't have Carvers big time experience, but when the says the same thing I think I must have some sort of grey matter between my ears.

FluSH
Exiled had the same commentators as i did from Fox Sports Southwest...

i didn't hear anything of real substance about TFC

Well then... I saw this match on Gol TV

Brooker
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
My point is, that's not what cost us the points.

the bad play AND the penalty cost us the points....

it's not one or the other.

Rhapido
04-19-2009, 08:43 PM

• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
own penalty area)

Wrong rule.

Beach_Red

Ha, that's funny. I remember when us Expos fans realized the Blue Jays were going to be in the World Series before we were. It hurt, man, it hurt ;).

ExiledRed
If there was no penalty call in the 84th and this game ends in a tie, with TFC clawing back from 0-2, I'm betting that you're not posting this.

Are you serious? of course he would.

LucaGol

What's the difference, 3-2 was probably the correct result.

Who cares how the goals came at the end of the day.

So what, 2-2 happens today.

We would lose the next game.

The result is only short term ... our terrible work rate, lack of cohesive play, lack of creativity, lack of improvement, lack of accurate passing, insistence on playing long ball, lack of tactical awareness ... this is what is worrisome ... this is why we won't make the playoffs.

2-2 against FC Dallas, 1-1 against Columbus ... so what, eventually your terrible play will catch up with you.

Shakes McQueen
Wrong rule.

Someone else quoted the right rule, and it ostensibly says the same thing. :D

- Scott

boban
You guys are talking about different commentators I think, I don't recall De Vos saying Yellow tail Yellow card
Those were the Dallas commentators who said that.

Jack
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
the bad play AND the penalty cost us the points....

it's not one or the other.
To a certain extent, yes.

But when the team plays well, the misfortune of the penalty doesn't affect you.

When you're hanging by a string, you get hurt by those things.

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Let's all step back and take a breath.. It'll turn around

...And for the record, Serioux man handled his markers.. and in some cases, there should have been fouls called that were not.. Its give and take...

Today we lost, Lets leave it at that.

There were a few that we got away with... DeRO pulled a nasty one from behind... in the first half...

bhoybobby
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
So we play Dichio for 45mins at the most and then sub? I don't think Carver will do that...

Despite tha fact that he's accomplish more in 45 that Barrett could in a whole game. It's that kinda logic that's got us all these goals.

Barrett isn't good enough, just like RR isn't good enough & Cunny & Welshie before him.

Right now, today, Dichio is a better option, end of story

tfc007
Carver is an idiot!

LucaGol
Funny thing about luck ... the good teams always seem to have good luck and the bad teams always seem to have bad luck.

Funny, ain't it.

Hmmm, we've been having a lot of bad luck lately ....

Roogsy
This is funny shit this post. Basically the ones you agree with are good points, the ones you don't are ignorant. Please block me, I'd rather not have to respond to you anymore.

You just don't want to be accountable for the things you post. You complain about every aspect of this team and beyond. While the rest of us are trying to be objective and positive while trying to do our part to make the team better you guys only concentrate on the negative and even create issues that aren't really there to complain about. Why not just put up a post that says "every player on TFC is shit and we need 11 new players" because that's the point you guys have reached.

Sonny Cheeba

so supporters are mindless chanters?

having an opinion whether positive or negative or both should be in the minds of football supporters. you can't just sit back and watch a team go to shit.

if you can, then you don't really care as long as you get to "jump up and down" as you say.

Shakes McQueen

Okay, I agree with this. I essentially agree with you, so it isn't really worth arguing over. :D

- Scott

T_Mizz
04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Those were the Dallas commentators who said that.
Exactly

Rhapido

What are you referring to? This game said nothing about MLS that we didn't know already.

FluSH
It will be interesting to see how we stack up against Chivas' defence on Wednesday... I hope it fucking snows that day cause hell needs to freeze over.

Jack
Okay, I agree with this. I essentially agree with you, so it isn't really worth arguing over. :D

- Scott
Good enough :D

Time to drown my sorrows. :drinking:

Roogsy

QFT

And I believe I called it "a thread". ;)

Roogsy
04-19-2009, 08:47 PM
It will be interesting to see how we stack up against Chivas' defence on Wednesday... I hope it fucking snows that day cause hell needs to freeze over.

We are going to get destroyed.

We could not win (or even draw) against the worst team in the league.

What is the best team going to do to us? I am thinking the guys should bring lube along with their boots.

Dirk Diggler
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Can't blame the ref?

I'm so tired of the naysaying, backbiting, blithering idiods that claim to be supporters but come on here and demand everyone be fired from Mo to Paul to Carver to every player, it's just baby shit moronic.

Yer a bunch of whining wankers. Support your team or STFU. Bitching here and complaining about our players will not make our team better. Leave that to management. If you were so brilliant, you would be running the team.

Send in your resume.

In the meantime, let's get behind a team that can fight back when it's 2 nil and tie the game and get screwed by a bad call. I don't have Carvers big time experience, but when the says the same thing I think I must have some sort of grey matter between my ears.

Why the fuck would we be jumping up and down and chanting behind our computer screens? We do that at the games ... there is no need to be singing after a result like this while watching the game at home. I'd like to see where such "true supporters" reside if not in a mental asylum.

giambac
Good enough :D

Time to drown my sorrows. :drinking:

Not worth it.

The sun will shine tomorrow.

Oh I forgot their calling for rain the next couple of days....

Better :drinking:have afew

FluSH
Despite tha fact that he's accomplish more in 45 that Barrett could in a whole game. It's that kinda logic that's got us all these goals.

Barrett isn't good enough, just like RR isn't good enough & Cunny & Welshie before him.

Right now, today, Dichio is a better option, end of story

Which is bad... all on it's own. I know Dichio can produce, but he is a point man who's getting older and needs someone else to take it and place it in the net. Which one of our forwards will score?

Guevara's header was typical of Dichio's set of play...

Shakes McQueen
If we actually beat Chivas, I think my head might explode. Because at that point, this team won't make any fucking sense to me anymore.

- Scott

Pachuco

Cronin invisible?

Now that I've had a laugh at your post, let's dissect it.

1. First of all, I am not sitting here blaming players or defining the problem. I am giving my thoughts on how they played, ALL PLAYERS (Although I forgot Harmse and Dero because I was doing it quickly). In no way did I give me analysis of the game team itself. So I think you need to revisit what you are saying.

2. Brennan was crap because he can't make a single pass to a TFC player, also got schooled twice in the first half by Cooper.

3. Cronin showed me nothing today, that's my opinion. I know he was involved in the goal, but so was Guevara and they were both invisible. Guevara was actually worst then Cronin though. (this is coming from someone who has defended Guevara on these boards many times). If you don't agree, who cares, doesn't mean I make an uninformed post. It also doesn't mean he won't be a great player. Just saying, he didn't have a good game.

4. Harmse I forgot to rate, was doing it quickly. He was terrible too. Two clearing headers right to Dallas on the top of the 18. The rest were long balls to no one. He did cut one play off where I thought Dallas might score.

5. It's very easy to ignore me, ask someone how to block someone's posts and you'll see it's quite easy.

EDIT: Forgot to address 2 things

6. As far as Frei goes, did I say he was shit? no I didn't. I said he was alright, at the end of the day, he let in 3 goals. And he only had like 2 saves to make so I find it hard people can praise Frei today.

7. Dero - well, he was just alright too. He had a nice play that Guevara fucked up at the beginning of the game, but he also single handedly gave up a goal. So therefore, he was just alright.

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 08:49 PM
We are going to get destroyed.

We could not win (or even draw) against the worst team in the league.

What is the best team going to do to us? I am thinking the guys should bring lube along with their boots.

Everyone beats everyone in MLS. Even LucaGol knows....

LucaGol finish this...

"There is only one must win in MLS and it's the _______." LOL.

Rhapido
04-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I've refed and it was indeed a correct call. It is unfortunate becasue it casued us the game.

I thought it was Carver's ineptitude that "casued" us the game?!?

Sonny Cheeba
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
i think he meant "cost" hahaha but you clearly got that.

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM

Intent has nothing to do with it, it's whether holding his arms out like that and catching the ball prevented a play, which it did.

And with this comment, you lost all credibility. This isn't some historic team going through a rough patch, it's a brand new corporate entity which we're pumping money into, and getting little or no return. It doesn't deserve the stalwart and forgiving support that 100 year old teams get, because to date they have achieved nothing.

If all that was important was jumping up and down, I'd go to a rave.

FluSH
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Can't blame the ref?

Send in your resume.

You and that guy who called us lackeys for chanting +90 minutes every game need to go at it in the ring...

LucaGol
Everyone beats everyone in MLS. Even LucaGol knows....

LucaGol finish this...

"There is only one must win in MLS and it's the _______." LOL.

the ... finale.

To steal a chant from world cup 06 (replacing Berlin with Seattle)....

"The final's in Seattle ... The final's in Seattle"

This is why at the end of the day ... I don't really care.

Four words to give people hope (but not me cause I actually wanna see some decent soccer along the way)

1. New
2. York
3. Red
4. Bulls

... came within a goal of winning this whole damn bush league.

loconet
.... and DeRo has to be taken off on top of this? :(

giambac
I thought it was Carver's ineptitude that "casued" us the game?!?

It was. Because if he started the correct players it wouldn't have come to the penalty shot. If he had any kind of systee, it wouldn't have come to the penalty shot. If he used the correct substitions at the correct time, it wouldn't have come to the penalty shot. If he didn't sign as coach of TFC it wouldn't have come to the penalty shot.

Should I continue????????:eek:

106-12
04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Can some body please explain carvers game plan . I swear im not crazy but i dont get it pleae some one?????????

Big Bruva
Brennan did nothing special but he for sure was not shite so i dunno where that comes from.

We all need to know and expect a defensive minded winger when Cronin plays out there, why? coz he is a defensive mid so you can't expect too much creativity and i can see JC using him more in the away games so the mid is more tight. Cronin might not give the ball away or get tackled as much as the likes of Ricketts, Ibrahim, Smith but thats coz he will not attempt to beat too many players or try to be too creative etc im pretty sure a player like Ronaldo gives the ball away more than a player like Makalele or Mascherano.

Roogsy
Now that I've had a laugh at your post, let's dissect it.

1. First of all, I am not sitting here blaming players or defining the problem. I am giving my thoughts on how they played, ALL PLAYERS (Although I forgot Harmse and Dero because I was doing it quickly). In no way did I give me analysis of the game team itself. So I think you need to revisit what you are saying.

2. Brennan was crap because he can't make a single pass to a TFC player, also got schooled twice in the first half by Cooper.

3. Cronin showed me nothing today, that's my opinion. I know he was involved in the goal, but so was Guevara and they were both invisible. Guevara was actually worst then Cronin though. (this is coming from someone who has defended Guevara on these boards many times). If you don't agree, who cares, doesn't mean I make an uninformed post. It also doesn't mean he won't be a great player. Just saying, he didn't have a good game.

4. Harmse I forgot to rate, was doing it quickly. He was terrible too. Two clearing headers right to Dallas on the top of the 18. The rest were long balls to no one. He did cut one play off where I thought Dallas might score.

5. It's very easy to ignore me, ask someone how to block someone's posts and you'll see it's quite easy.

Nope...I will continue to undo the damage you negative guys have done to this board. Just ask the dozens of people who have left why and you would understand that it's people like you and Giambac that have made this place work for us mods and no more fun for people who have been here since the beginning. And I will continue to make unecessary negativity on this board accountable. It will be your choice if you want to answer the call to back up what you say or simply complain about the fact that you are being called out.

As for your points...so your argument for calling out a player is that you didn't notice them? That earns a negative review. Fantastic. I completely understand where you negative posters are coming from now.

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Can some body please explain carvers game plan . I swear im not crazy but i dont get it pleae some one?????????

There's a plan?

Where?

Rhapido
6,813 attendance.

I think they counted the flys by the refeshment stands.

Very sad. The quality of this league cannot improve as long as it has franchises fetching less than 7K butts in the stands.

Gixmo
Intent has nothing to do with it, it's whether holding his arms out like that and catching the ball prevented a play, which it did.

Thank you, That's what I should have said 6 pages ago.

Kickit09
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
THIS GAME was so shit....again....for fucks sake!!!!!!!

:hulk:

Roogsy
Brennan did nothing special but he for sure was not shite so i dunno where that comes from.

We all need to know and expect a defensive minded winger when Cronin plays out there, why? coz he is a defensive mid so you can't expect too much creativity and i can see JC using him more in the away games so the mid is more tight. Cronin might not give the ball away or get tackled as much as the likes of Ricketts, Ibrahim, Smith but thats coz he will not attempt to beat too many players or try to be too creative etc im pretty sure a player like Ronaldo gives the ball away more than a player like Makalele or Mascherano.

Finally some reason and understanding of the game. Not surprising that it comes from someone who actually plays the game and not an armchair quarterback.

Big Bruva
.... and DeRo has to be taken off on top of this? :(

DeRo can have 5 bad games in a row and there is a very high chance that he will start the 6th just coz is DeRo.

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Very sad. The quality of this league cannot improve as long as it has franchises fetching less than 7K butts in the stands.

It's funny how they always say they're almost past the NHL in average attendance.

Ya .. 8 home games v. 41 home games ... um, ya that makes sense.

They should be comparing against the NFL. :p

TFC07
Fuck the MLS and their shit refs. Let's make our own professional league.

Agreed. MLS is an awful league to watch! I could see why so many soccer fans in USA don't respect MLS. Refs and some of players in MLS shouldn't be in professional soccer leagues. They belong in house leagues.

As for TFC performance today, well what I can say? They didn't look good. Carver should just go back to Newcastle and Mo should just resign. He did an awful job of building this team and not deliver team's needs (where is our CB?).

MUFC_Niagara
I've refed and it was indeed a correct call. It is unfortunate becasue it casued us the game. However lets not be bias. It definetly was the correct call.

:eek: giambac....is there anything you haven't done???

BRed

I predict the smallest crowd in BMO histroy.

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Giambac is a legend.

FluSH
You just don't want to be accountable for the things you post. You complain about every aspect of this team and beyond. While the rest of us are trying to be objective and positive while trying to do our part to make the team better you guys only concentrate on the negative and even create issues that aren't really there to complain about. Why not just put up a post that says "every player on TFC is shit and we need 11 new players" because that's the point you guys have reached.

Roogsy, the man is stating his opinion... if its a negative one for this game so be it... I agreed with the majority of his points, but I'm not getting caught up on the opinion of one poster when 245 others are on the boards saying everythign in between.

chill brotha...

Walnut
It's okay guys -- nobody panic.

John Carver knows what he is doing, and this is all part of the great Mo Johnson 5 year plan (or great leap forward).

We are in good hands.

Nuvinho
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
So..........IF the game ended in a 2-2 draw.........I am sure everyone would be saying. Barrett saved us - we came back down 2 goals - etc.

Big Bruva
Carver has nothing to do with a pass that DeRo made which lead to the goal and he has nothing to do with the ref deciding to give a questionable penalty on Wynne so how can you really blame him when those 2 incidents lead to 2 goals?

Rhapido
What game were you watching? mine was starring Ibbe, I'm not saying anything about his performance but he was far from non-existant

Ibbe was decent. He had his moments. Nowhere near dominating but "non-existant" is a little harsh.

SteeltownBhoy
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Fuck

THE BLUEJAYS ARE 10 AND 4. AMAZING

FAIR-WEATHER FAN

giambac
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Okay Good night everyone.
I've had enough for a day.
I need to get some sleep so I can wake up bright and early to read the Sports Headlines
April 20,2009
"CARVER FIRED AS TFC COACH AFTER YERT ANOTHER UNENERGETIC
PERFORMANCE FROM HIS TEAM"

Let the guessing begin on who his repalacement will be. Mitchell???? he is available. Hope Carver doesn't have his Number.

mclaren
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM

Cronin is not there to be too creative - he's there to be a terrier in midfield. Our wingers should be creating things and getting past players.

Roogsy
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Roogsy, the man is stating his opinion... if its a negative one for this game so be it... I agreed with the majority of his points, but I'm not getting caught up on the opinion of one poster when 245 others are on the boards saying everythign in between.

chill brotha...

The man does nothing but appear after losses to make this board a worse place. And when long-time posters and members leave this board because of posters like him...I won't accept it.

Show me a positive post from this dude and I will shut the fuck up.

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Nope...I will continue to undo the damage you negative guys have done to this board. Just ask the dozens of people who have left why and you would understand that it's people like you and Giambac that have made this place work for us mods and no more fun for people who have been here since the beginning. And I will continue to make unecessary negativity on this board accountable. It will be your choice if you want to answer the call to back up what you say or simply complain about the fact that you are being called out.

As for your points...so your argument for calling out a player is that you didn't notice them? That earns a negative review. Fantastic. I completely understand where you negative posters are coming from now.

All this talk about making me accountalbe and I haven't seen one intelligent analysis of the players from you.

Big Bruva
Agreed. MLS is an awful league to watch! I could see why so many soccer fans in USA don't respect MLS. Refs and some of players in MLS shouldn't be in professional soccer leagues. They belong in house leagues.

As for TFC performance today, well what I can say? They didn't look good. Carver should just go back to Newcastle and Mo should just resign. He did an awful job of building this team and not deliver team's needs (where is our CB?).

I honestly know what to expect from a few of these refs (mostly the ones that officiate at BMO) coz i have played in games they have been officiating lol so frustrating.

shwade
Carver has nothing to do with a pass that DeRo made which lead to the goal and he has nothing to do with the ref deciding to give a questionable penalty on Wynne so how can you really blame him when those 2 incidents lead to 2 goals?

He can be blamed for the lack of energy, effort and tactics displayed.

giambac

I haven't landed on the moon yet. However I am working on it. I ahve ta 5 year plan o achieve my goal of landing on the moon.

LucaGol
I need to get some sleep so I can wake up bright and early to read the Sports Headlines
April 20,2009

Let the guessing begin on who his repalacement will be. Mitchell???? he is available. Hope Carver doesn't have his Number.

What a great day tomorrow would be .... to make it better ... Mo would also get thrown overboard.

It'll never happen though. Anselmi doesn't know anything. We're basically a rudderless ship. We need some actual soccer people in there.

BRed
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
April 20,2009

I preditct you will wake up dissapointed.

napoli73
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/Hypno73/Carver.jpg

shwade
The man does nothing but appear after losses to make this board a worse place. And when long-time posters and members leave this board because of posters like him...I won't accept it.

Maybe after a positive performance from the team there'll be more positive reviews.

Shakes McQueen

I don't blame him for circumstantial poor luck on the pitch. I do blame him for our really strange, and poor substitutions tonight. Bringing on Velez when we were down a goal, for example.

His strategy and tactics I can't really comment on, because it's hard to tell what is bad strategy, and what is bad execution of that strategy by the players.

Shit ain't right though.

- Scott

Big Bruva
04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Cronin is not there to be too creative - he's there to be a terrier in midfield. Our wingers should be creating things and getting past players.

When did you hear me say he is there to be creative?

FluSH

This has been our story all along though... one bad bounce here... one bad call there.... It shouldn't come to that.

Was anyone else not surprised that Carver started the same lineup as the last game? In all reality... anyone not surprised? I surely was... also when Velez was warming up before the tying goal... what was the reasoning behind that? I'm no coach but we were down 1 goal... so not sure how a defensive player will get us another goal when our guys weren't able to penatrate through Dallas...

Sonny Cheeba
Carver has a plan, don't worry people. Get the sand out of your vaginas, TFC aren't that bad.
I want to cuddle with Roogsy, he's great. Like a kitten.

Positive enough roogsy? STFU

MUFC_Niagara

Did Carver scream the ballover the net from 8 yards out like Guevara? Did Carver give the ball away cheaply for the 2nd goal? No....can someone explain to me how poor finishing and mistakes relating directly to goals are Carver's fault?

Pachuco

Roogsy, you have no idea what you are saying. I'll show you the positive review I gave Frei last game and shut you the fuck up. I don't fucking appear here after losses, I never leave, you should know that.

Roogsy
All this talk about making me accountalbe and I haven't seen one intelligent analysis of the players from you.

An opinion I feel comfortable saying few would back you up on. People may not agree with me or may not think I am the greatest football mind. But they know I am here to support this team, not to spam this board with my negativity.

giambac
04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Ibbe was decent. He had his moments. Nowhere near dominating but "non-existant" is a little harsh.

a 17 year old 145 lb kid should not be starting against bigger stronger men. Ibby is young and has potential but he simply isn't strong enough to be a starter. Smith or Ricketts would be a better (not much better but still better) option as starters.

LucaGol
04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/Hypno73/Carver.jpg

Classic!

Love it, when does the t-shirt come out.

Kickit09
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
carver is not the problem, he can only do so much with the players he has. the problem is Status Quo Mo.

Roogsy
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
a 17 year old 145 lb kid should not be starting against bigger stronger men. Ibby is young and has potential but he simply isn't strong enough to be a starter. Smith or Ricketts would be a better (not much better but still better) option as starters.

Fuck me...I agree with Giambac. Except on the Smith front.

Roogsy
Positive enough roogsy? STFU

You talkin' to me?

FluSH

If long time members and posters can't argue a game... this is what it is... a game... then your way too sensitive and fragile to be using the internet. I argue with Pronto and Al-MO all the time... face to face to the point that we almost tell eah other off... but I still have beers with them and share laughs....

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM

Smith and Ricketts are both on the bench, precisely because they WEREN'T playing better than Ibbe has.

- Scott

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
An opinion I feel comfortable saying few would back you up on. People may not agree with me or may not think I am the greatest football mind. But they know I am here to support this team, not to spam this board with my negativity.

It took me two seconds to find this positive quote from me... This is from a thread Shakes created called Positive things about the game. Now my friend, I think I deserve an apology ;)

Serioux was a beast defending. Robbo was a beast defending. Both of them need to learn how to pass the ball though.

Frei is TERRIBLE...

For the oposition to be facing ;) he is discustingly good, I can't see Sutton playing again this year unless Frei gets hurt of something.

shwade
04-19-2009, 09:08 PM
This team has had since pre-season to gel and they're playing like they've just been randomly selected off the street 5 minutes prior to match time. I like Carver but who's responsible for the strategic elements of our game.

ExiledRed
Roogsy,

Pachuco's opinion is valid. You just dont like him and are trying to chew him out.

It doesn't fly.

Shakes McQueen
carver is not the problem, he can only do so much with the players he has. the problem is Status Quo Mo.

Status Quo Mo??

Five players that weren't here last season, played at some point tonight.

- Scott