PDA

View Full Version : Fire Sigi

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 08:57 AM
As per the standard on this board, the Seattle Sounders have now lost 2 games in a row and have had 2 poor performances. It's time to fire Sigi Schmid and the GM, Adrian Hanauer. This is not good enough! Get better players, the tactics are rubbish!!! FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE TOO!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Daveisonfire
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
No, as long as we play like Italy we will be fine.:rolleyes:

MrHawk
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Agreed.

2 losses is unacceptable for this team. When will they get better?

boban
04-19-2009, 09:08 AM
As per the standard on this board, the Seattle Sounders have now lost 2 games in a row and have had 2 poor performances. It's time to fire Sigi Schmid and the GM, Adrian Hanauer. This is not good enough! Get better players, the tactics are rubbish!!! FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE TOO!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Complete rubbish. Cannot compare the two.
The 1st game they lost they were down a man for an hour.
They also have 3 wins after 5 games. We don't.
Also, there is no history to judge them from. You can with MO and Carver.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Agreed.

2 losses is unacceptable for this team. When will they get better?

NOt enough British PLayers!:D

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah! Bring back Andy Welsh!!!

Kooper
04-19-2009, 09:15 AM

They need to sign a DP like Del Piero or Luis Figo. The fans of Seattle have waited long enough. With the sold out stadium and all Drew Carey's money there is no reason why they can't have a team of DPs.

If I were a Seattle fan I would be tearing up my season tickets and rioting in the streets.

Toronto Gunner
04-19-2009, 09:20 AM
After nearly months of support from the fans, they DESERVE another DP!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
After nearly months of support from the fans, they DESERVE another DP!

we could alway give them our UN_USED DP SPOT!:noidea:

Pachuco
04-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Take it to the complaint thread.

DOMIN8R
04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Seattle needs to play more like the Italians.

mclaren
04-19-2009, 09:46 AM

oh c'mon, are you SERIOUS? Sigi won the league last year in case you missed it. Yellow card to you sir.

Pigfynn
04-19-2009, 09:50 AM
^^ Dude, he's not serious

Pigfynn
04-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Nice to see that the almighty Sounders are suffering from a good ol' case of MLSitis...parity rears it's ugly head once more.

InTheCrowd
04-19-2009, 09:52 AM
oh c'mon, are you SERIOUS? Sigi won the league last year in case you missed it. Yellow card to you sir.

He's playing off of the TFC supporters who want to fire everybody after 2 poor games.

london_tfc_fan
04-19-2009, 09:53 AM

but bro this team had existed the players the GM i mean come on! they signed Montero Ljungberg and some average MLS players thats it the rest are all former sounders, TFC started from scratch and holy hell 1 loss on 4 games and ppl are ready to throw the season away!!?

mclaren
04-19-2009, 09:58 AM
He's playing off of the TFC supporters who want to fire everybody after 2 poor games.

I know that, what I'm saying is that he's having a dig about people who fairly criticise the state of affairs at Toronto FC who have actual grounds to do so. These kind of posts don't achieve anything.

InTheCrowd
04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
I know that, what I'm saying is that he's having a dig about people who fairly criticise the state of affairs at Toronto FC who have actual grounds to do so. These kind of posts don't achieve anything.

Not this debate again! There is no reason for people to complain yet. 1 loss so far. That's it. We've only played 4 games and we're doing better than last season. We have barel started the season, give it some time!

Kooper
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM

And calling for the manager's head every time the team loses a match doesn't accomplish anything either. In the Noel Gallagher interviews posted below he says a couple of key things. If managers are always afraid of being fired in a week what incentive to they have to develop for the future. Noel says quite rightly that only 2 managers are safe to plan for the future. Ferguson at United and Wenger at Aresenal. We are fans for ever so why do we look for such short term satisfaction.

http://www.dirtytackle.net/2009/03/noel-gallagher-is-delightful/

http://www.dirtytackle.net/2009/03/noel-gallagher-still-delightful/

Oh and the rest of the stuff he has to say is really really funny.

wzhxvy
04-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah yeah...its one big joke...TFC's situation is very similar to Seattle...whatever. Lets wait for Mo's five year plan and be charmed with Carver's honesty every time they lose.

BleedRed
04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah yeah...its one big joke...TFC's situation is very similar to Seattle...whatever. Lets wait for Mo's five year plan and be charmed with Carver's honesty every time they lose.

This is becoming all to real for me to even laugh at...

BleedRed
04-19-2009, 11:01 AM
but bro this team had existed the players the GM i mean come on! they signed Montero Ljungberg and some average MLS players thats it the rest are all former sounders, TFC started from scratch and holy hell 1 loss on 4 games and ppl are ready to throw the season away!!?

If you watch the Seattle games, you'll notice they do something TFC doesn't. That is playing with passion and vigor. They play hard and play to win everytime and you can see it on the field. Even when they are losing at times they look like the dominant team. I have never ever got that feeling with our Reds. Hopefully it will change.

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 11:13 AM
If you watch the Seattle games, you'll notice they do something TFC doesn't. That is playing with passion and vigor. They play hard and play to win everytime and you can see it on the field. Even when they are losing at times they look like the dominant team. I have never ever got that feeling with our Reds. Hopefully it will change.

Did you watch the Seattle match last night? They looked very uninterested.

rocker
04-19-2009, 11:16 AM

ya, and Montero looked like Chad Barrett. Couldn't believe he missed that chip over the keeper. But I'll just say it was 1 bad game ;)

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:25 AM
ya, and Montero looked like Chad Barrett. Couldn't believe he missed that chip over the keeper. But I'll just say it was 1 bad game ;)

When Chad Barret passes it to the keeper at 2kph that's statistically a shot on goal.

Montero beat the keeper and went 'just wide'....not a shot on goal statistically, but a much closer chance in reality. There is no comparison between these two strikers at present. Although Montero's skyward freekick was poor.

Seattle and Chivas are the top two teams in the league right now, the game was tighter than the score indicates. Seattle were stymied by resilient defence and patient counterattacking play, both qualities we have not seen in TFC this year.

Sigi's not going to be too worried, Seattle played below the level they've displayed up till now and still harried the league leaders to the end.

I still put them in the top 4 this year, and you're still welcome to take the bet.

rocker
04-19-2009, 11:26 AM
ummm, Exiled, my comment was a joke..

see the ;)

but if you want to take threads like this seriously, go ahead ;)

Dozitwin
04-19-2009, 11:26 AM

I'm pretty sure Tim meant this thread to be a little bit tongue in cheek...;):D:thumbsup:

rocker
04-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Tim meant this thread to be a little bit tongue in cheek...;):D:thumbsup:

^^^^^ someone who gets the spirit of the thread :)

anyone who posts a serious comment in this thread should be flogged

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
ummm, Exiled, my comment was a joke..

see the ;)

but if you want to take threads like this seriously, go ahead ;)

Holy shit, are you a speed reader? you responded before I could even refresh the page.

So the purpose of this thread is not to draw parallels between TFC's and Seattle's coaches and performance? Sorry if I missed something, what was this thread about again?

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
^^^^^ someone who gets the spirit of the thread :)

anyone who posts a serious comment in this thread should be flogged

If people should be flogged for their opinions, you'd have no skin left.

Oldtimer
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
With all the talent they have, it's obviously the coach, the GM, and their marching band that are to blame. Especially marching band, when are they going to get a DP trumpeter, their music is sub-standard for even a league 2 side. When will be that vote to sack the GM? Seattle fans are suffering, when they are the best fans in the league! :D

H Bomb
04-19-2009, 11:38 AM
So the purpose of this thread is not to draw parallels between TFC's and Seattle's coaches and performance? Sorry if I missed something, what was this thread about again?

No man, it's just a satire. let it be

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-19-2009, 11:41 AM
^^ Dude, he's not serious

lol:D

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Satire is just a way of using humour to further an argument. It makes sense that that the argument in question would be debated.

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Satire is just a way of using humour to further an argument. It makes sense that that the argument in question would be debated.
And the winner is....ER. I was expecting and hoping for a debate.

H Bomb
04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
About the legitimate qualities of Sigi V our guys? ......well enjoy yourselves

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:50 AM
And the winner is....ER. I was expecting and hoping for a debate.

And Im up for it.

I never called for Mo and Carver's resignation by the way, I've been very loyal, but I have to say they're not delivering now and something has to give.

I dont think Seattle looked disinterested. Frustrated maybe, and they kept going for goal even in injury time, when a goal wouldn't save them.

BleedRed
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM

They were playing away to the #1 team in the league and most of the game they looked in control. Once again Ljundberg showcasing his skill running circles around his markers placing beautiful balls into runners. I would say both teams played well last night. Montero was one of the ones who performed poorly which was a surprise.

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 11:53 AM
And Im up for it.

I never called for Mo and Carver's resignation by the way, I've been very loyal, but I have to say they're not delivering now and something has to give.

I dont think Seattle looked disinterested. Frustrated maybe, and they kept going for goal even in injury time, when a goal wouldn't save them.

I wasn't calling you out, btw. I meant in general that a debate would ensue and that you were the only one who saw it coming. I agree on point one. I don't agree on point two.

Beach_Red
04-19-2009, 11:53 AM
And Im up for it.

The debate here could be, does Sigi get more out of his roster than Carver does? Or, is Seattle's roster better than TFC's.

ExiledRed
04-19-2009, 11:59 AM
The debate here could be, does Sigi get more out of his roster than Carver does? Or, is Seattle's roster better than TFC's.

Also, does having a DP of Lljungberg's calibre impact Seattle's performance and give them a sharper edge?

Are Seattle displaying the inconsistent form that most other MLS teams including TFC are plagued by?

Are Seattle's games more entertaining to watch?

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
They were playing away to the #1 team in the league and most of the game they looked in control. Once again Ljundberg showcasing his skill running circles around his markers placing beautiful balls into runners. I would say both teams played well last night. Montero was one of the ones who performed poorly which was a surprise.

I don't think they looked in control at all. The midfield provided poor service and Montero didn't look too sharp.

MUFC_Niagara
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Also, does having a DP of Lljungberg's calibre impact Seattle's performance and give them a sharper edge?

Yes.

Are Seattle displaying the inconsistent form that most other MLS teams including TFC are plagued by?

So it would seem.

Not the last 2.

nascarguy
04-19-2009, 12:08 PM
it's all our fault we sucked the life out of the team. now anyone can beat them.......lol

london_tfc_fan
04-19-2009, 12:11 PM

Granted but let's agree not to throw the whole season away like so many ppl already have! and remember the key additions aren't going to play perfectly right away, by the second wk of May they arent playing well then its time to start panicking not 4 games in lol its a 32 game season

boban
04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh I know it was.
But even it's not even close to joke about is my point. ;):D:thumbsup:

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Yes.

So it would seem.

Not the last 2.

Agree.

I watched their match with Chivas last night. I have to say, Seattle looked pretty ordinary. Still a good team, but I don't think they will end up being the world beaters some think they are. Some chips are starting to show up in that pristine coat of paint they had for the first few games.

The grass is always greener on the other side. When our guys hit their stride, a lot of these current complaints will be forgotten for a while. And if Seattle loses against next week, some angry questions will start to be asked, I'm sure.

- Scott