PDA

View Full Version : Must win So early?

Marco2K
04-18-2009, 10:52 AM
I really think this game is a must win vs FC DALLAS.

we played a solid first game vs KC
played a shit game vs columbus and were lucky to steal a point.

Then at the home opener we got embarassed by Seattle
Then last week we played a week game and we lucky to get a point.

I would have to say that this sundays game is a must win. If somehow we lose this one we will be in deep shit.

Im not saying we have to fire carver or anything like that but someone has to be responsible.

CHEERS

colman1860
04-18-2009, 10:58 AM
It's more a must win for Dallas than for us.

rocker
04-18-2009, 10:59 AM
ya if dallas don't win they've got 1 point of 15.

MUFC_Niagara
04-18-2009, 11:00 AM
3 points out of 1st place, a game in hand on 2 teams in the east including one ahead of us.....I wouldn't call it a must win. It would be nice to get something from it, especially since we play the top team in the league on Wednesday.

Ultra & Proud
04-18-2009, 11:01 AM

I would have to say that this sundays game is a must win. If somehow we lose this one we will be in deep shit.

Im not saying we have to fire carver or anything like that but someone has to be responsible.

CHEERS

I disagree. It would great to win but as long as some positive form is displayed I will be happy. A draw wound be most acceptable. I myself, wouldn't count road matches as "must wins". That's a bit much to ask and I think it's way too early to say "must win" for game #5. I just want to see some goals and positive play. Think back to last year; we were up in the top half of the East into June and Columbus was in the cellar. Look how that worked out.

loconet
04-18-2009, 11:03 AM
It's not really a must win in terms of our chances at remaining competitive in the season but a must win (or at least good play) for player and fan morale.

MUFC_Niagara
04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
I agree, regardless of the result, a good performance is more important....

LucaGol
04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
This is MLS ... there's no such thing as must win until ur in the finals. :)

MUFC_Niagara
04-18-2009, 11:09 AM

LOL....it's so true! LucaGol and I both agree on this whole heartedly!

TFCREDNWHITE
04-18-2009, 11:14 AM
well, we are already off to a worse start compared to last year....couple that with a loss on Sunday and i say we are in Deep shit...almost as bad as Tottenham's start this year...

I say we better win!

BleedRed
04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree this game is a MUST WIN...not because of our position in the standings (which we are lucky to be in) but because we have not been shown anything from this team. I for one will not stand to watch a game like the last couple that I've watched. I'll fall the fuck asleep.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Not a must win but at least a point on the road would be acceptbale...better on field play, and the star players actually showing up and do something would be nice as well

TFC 2 FC Dallas 1..........Barrett, Ricketts

Beach_Red
04-18-2009, 11:26 AM

Yeah, and it's a good thing or the season would be over in May.

rocker
04-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah, and it's a good thing or the season would be over

ya, I'm glad MLS isn't like the premiership ;)

Marco2K
04-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Not a must win but at least a point on the road would be acceptbale...better on field play, and the star players actually showing up and do something would be nice as well

TFC 2 FC Dallas 1..........Barrett, Ricketts

Dude what are u smoking???

I would assume neiter of those guys are starting. If they are starting we are FUCKED!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Dude what are u smoking???

I would assume neiter of those guys are starting. If they are starting we are FUCKED!!

didnt say they were starting just that they would score sometime during the match....Barrett i would assume is starting...Ricketts will come on in the last 30 mins

Ultra & Proud
04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Barrett, Ricketts

:shocked:

Marco2K
04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Barrett should not be starting. Vitti should be starting.

I just dont get it.

Brooker
04-18-2009, 05:27 PM
how long have you been watching major league soccer?

how in the world could this be a must win?

Roogsy
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Must win?

Hardly.

But at this point, the team is showing us what we are in for for the rest of the season. A loss and I would say the FO should start being concerned about the goals for this year not being achieved and whether moves need to be made.

Nuvinho
04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd be happy with a draw, a win is just icing on the cake.

giambac
04-18-2009, 06:03 PM

CHEERS

No some people here think we should wait another 10 games before deciding.
You are correct this is a must win.

Phil
04-18-2009, 06:09 PM

I think we lost 2 points last week, vs. being lucky to get a point.

Just because people are waiting to reserve judgement while others are suggesting sweeping change does not mean we want the team to loose. I want 3 points tomorrow.

Roogsy
04-18-2009, 06:16 PM

Then you sir do not understand the concept of a "must win".

Beach_Red
04-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd be happy with a draw, a win is just icing on the cake.

For the whole off season people were saying our big problem was defense. People are still saying that, and yet only one goal against Seattle and Dallas?

This team has the players to be able to score more than one goal against Dallas.

A draw would be a disappointment.

Marco2K
04-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I dont mean a mathamatical must win. But a must win for the team.

Think about it. We have been playing like shit for a while

We have to turn it around ASAP or else this season will be a wash.

MUFC_Niagara
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I dont mean a mathamatical must win. But a must win for the team.

Think about it. We have been playing like shit for a while

We have to turn it around ASAP or else this season will be a wash.

So if we play well an lose then what? How about this game requires a good performance.

Wagner
04-18-2009, 07:45 PM
4 games in of 30...still lots of time.
i'm not getting off any bandwagons anytime soon.

Dunkers
04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
we have lost one game...is this thread serious?

must win means if you dont win, you dont play the next game (or its meaningless, much like this thread)

geez

Marco2K
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey Dunkers. why dont u suck an egg.

We have played like SHIT. WE BETTER WIN TONIGHT.

DRock
04-19-2009, 01:53 PM
I think it's a must win for the fans. We're sick of seeing poor performances. We've got most of the right pieces, and the fans know it and are expecting results but aren't getting them yet.

koryo
04-19-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't why the team doesn't treat every game as a must win.

Bloor West FC
04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
We need to get 3 points tonight. Next game is not going to be as nice. Chivas USA is the best team so far. If we can get some points it will have to be earned tonight. I say its a must win to keep the spirit up in the dressing room. We win tonight they will be happier to play Chivas. If we lose well don't think it will be a pretty sight on Wed.

giambac
04-19-2009, 04:01 PM
So if we play well an lose then what? How about this game requires a good performance.

We need a win and 3 points. Sick in tired of games with 0 points or 1 point. I'd rather have a poor performance with 3 points tahn a good performance with 0 points.

giambac
04-19-2009, 04:02 PM
we have lost one game...is this thread serious?

must win means if you dont win, you dont play the next game (or its meaningless, much like this thread)

geez

also tied 2 games or in other words lost 4 of the possiblre 6 points in those 2 ties. Can't continue to tie games. With the 3 point games in soccer a tie (1 out of 3 points) is closer to a loss tahn a win. You have to look at the 2 points you are leaving on the table.

BuSaPuNk
04-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't say that it is a must win, but we do need a great performence and get some confidence back. A tie would be great and win either better. The must happens in this game.....

-regain confidence
-Barrett needs to pot a goal
-Ricketts needs to show something or he has to go
-Need to play a confident defending game

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
It's not a must-win in the scheme of our season. It's a "must win" for some of us, in order to rebuild our confidence in our team, that has been whittled away every week since Kansas City.

Only a few points separates us from the top of the East. Every team in our conference has gotten off to a sketchy start.

I want an emphatic win, just so our team can prove their quality to us.

- Scott

Keystone FC
04-19-2009, 05:54 PM
We need to get 3 points tonight. Next game is not going to be as nice. Chivas USA is the best team so far. If we can get some points it will have to be earned tonight. I say its a must win to keep the spirit up in the dressing room. We win tonight they will be happier to play Chivas. If we lose well don't think it will be a pretty sight on Wed.

Agreed.
Plus, Dallas is winless and with a win we are just a few points behind the East front runners. Also, we could use the points as we come into May and the CCC. We're going to be playing ALOT of soccer in a short period of time. A win here I see as a must for the points you mentioned.