PDA

View Full Version : More on McBride!

kdzb
05-29-2008, 10:37 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/soccer/fire/cs-080529-brian-mcbride-chicago-fire,1,7965648.story

TFC07
05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Toronto and Fire are already talking about his rights. I wonder what TFC will get in return. Allocation money and a striker?

werewolf
05-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Barrett or Nyarko would be nice plus an allocation, but I keep hearing Rolfe...

andyc
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I guess that the games will continue for a while...

I thought that the transfer window opened in June not July 15th as this story says. What is the real date??

Also interesting to see who gets the Barca friendlies - LA, RB are Shite and Houston... Hmmm All Star game is West Ham, our friendlies are not exactly high budget... I know blah blah blah Eurocentric asshole... But seriously Mexican team I can't spell or Barcelona?? You choose...

werewolf
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I think you mean the Argentine team you can't spell, Pachuca is pretty easy.

But yea, how is one of the top 3-5 teams in the world coming for a friendly while a mid-table English team is the "showcase", justifiable.....money money money

andyc
05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Nahh I'm really bad at spelling and taking the piss too!

:)

tfctillidie
05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
i love how we are top of the allocation and are in control...Mo Johnston will make sure that we get the better of this deal

SilverSamurai
05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I guess that the games will continue for a while...

I thought that the transfer window opened in June not July 15th as this story says. What is the real date??

Also interesting to see who gets the Barca friendlies - LA, RB are Shite and Houston... Hmmm All Star game is West Ham, our friendlies are not exactly high budget... I know blah blah blah Eurocentric asshole... But seriously Mexican team I can't spell or Barcelona?? You choose...

Can't spell Chivas? ;)
I would LOVE to see that game...

Ya we got shafted though w/ the All-Star game.

Pachuca isn't tough to spell...
And out friendlies ARE high budget. Maybe not compared to Liverpool, Arsenal or Barcelona, but Pachuca are the current CONCACAF Champions League Champs (or whatever the old name was) and Independiente are one of the best teams in Argentina. Isn't Argentina ranked #1? :rolleyes:

jabbronies
05-31-2008, 10:31 AM
I think this guy wants to go to the states....He's not coming here. But I can see Mo working some magic and getting us some money in return.

Footie-11
06-01-2008, 11:23 PM
He'll probably end up in Chicago. I'm sure Mo will make sure he gets lots in return. (We most likly won't go for their draft pick because they are already very strong and with the addition of McBride could very well finish 1st in the MLS.)

Cashcleaner
06-01-2008, 11:51 PM
The Sun was mentioning that Toronto could simply pick him up as we have first dibs and then trade him to a team of our choosing. My guess is that we won't see him play in Toronto, but Mo will pick him up as trade bait.