PDA

View Full Version : Molinaro Blog: Bench Barrett and give Vitti a chance

johnmolinaro
04-17-2009, 02:53 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/04/bench_barrett_and_give_vitti_a.html

Dale_Rojo
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks, this has been my sentiment for awhile ;)

TFCREDNWHITE
04-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Agreed.

Super Cereal
04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Agreed.

Did Mo and Carver not communicate when he was signed? Why pay so much for a guy if you barely planned on playing him?

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Vitti/Dichio to start.

Dichio knows how to get the ball to a player like Vitti, as evidenced when he came on in Columbus. Before that, Vitti's creativity and cunning were wasted.

Bring Barret on for Dichio in the sixtieth, when his pace and work ethic are going to have double impact on the game and the opposition defence are exhausted trying to contain both the big man and a little south american striker.

flatpicker
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
^ I like your suggestion Exiled... send Carver an email.

FluSH
04-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Vitti is injured

It's the only possible reason why Carver only gave him garbage minutes. At least, the only possible explinantion.

James Oliphant
04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Agreed.

Did Mo and Carver not communicate when he was signed? Why pay so much for a guy if you barely planned on playing him?

Vitti's still recovering from knee problems...at this point, it's a very fine line between wanting to play him and not wanting him to get hurt again.

sully
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I agree that Vitti should start ahead of Barret. (But I don't think he was a star at Independiente..stars don't often go on loan to Ukraine and Canada...)

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Vitti is injured

It's the only possible reason why Carver only gave him garbage minutes. At least, the only possible explinantion.

If Carver played Vitti injured he should be fired.

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
^^The reason he played Vitti, was because Dallas Equalised. Before that he was happy to sit on a 1-0 lead which is fine when you're playing a good team on the road, but a terrible decision when you're at home playing against the worst form team in the league.

Dale_Rojo
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree that Vitti should start ahead of Barret. (But I don't think he was a star at Independiente..stars don't often go on loan to Ukraine and Canada...)

he was a star, remember who he started infront of ...... that same someone who is now playing for barca ?:canada:

TFCREDNWHITE
04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I also think that Vitti has some injury concerns...............

cementhead
04-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Give Vitti and Ibrahim chance.Ibrahim play good last game as half back just love to see what these two young guys could do as strikers!

dantdot
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
This is a no-brainer. You need to produce, especially the chances Barrett's had. How many points is Carver willing to give away to play through his slump?

Broadview
04-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I've been figuring Vitti was hurt as well. Maybe we'll see more of him this weekend since we're playing on grass.

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Why is Vitti's health a mystery?

Usually it's common knowledge when a player is injured.

OneLoveOneEric
04-17-2009, 04:06 PM
THis is so weird. The guy hasn't been playing, so people just figure he's hurt?
Very odd. Why make up a reason for the fact that he just hasn't been picked?
Are we that desperate?

James Oliphant
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
No one is making up anything...it's pretty common knowledge that Vitti's had knee problems for a while now. He tapes it up big-time during practises (as has been seen in countless TFC TV videos) and wears a brace when he does play.

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 04:32 PM
^Then there should be transparency on the issue.

backbeat
04-17-2009, 05:06 PM
^Then there should be transparency on the issue.

when is there ever any transparency on the issue in sport?? coaches and teams are always trying to say as little as possible about injuries.

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 05:36 PM
when is there ever any transparency on the issue in sport?? coaches and teams are always trying to say as little as possible about injuries.

I'm sorry, but if a player is injured, that's usually reported somewhere.

If he sits on the bench, the assumption is that he's not injured.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
R u kidding, Injuries are kept under wraps....and most certainly where they are located exactly and the extent of the injuries are all kept under strict privacy policies..

What u hear in the media is just a general blanket to soothe the public...

OneLoveOneEric
04-17-2009, 05:41 PM
^^^I'm with Exiled here. Hiding injuries is a hockey thing.

sully
04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
he was a star, remember who he started infront of ...... that same someone who is now playing for barca ?:canada:

That's nonsense I've heard lots of people say.
When Roy Keane was 18 he played beside a milkman and a plumber. That doesn't mean the milkman and plumber are stars.. I'm sure Zidane probably played with 17-19 year olds who didn't make it too when he was that age...

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 05:44 PM
R u kidding, Injuries are kept under wraps....and most certainly where they are located exactly and the extent of the injuries are all kept under strict privacy policies..

What u hear in the media is just a general blanket to soothe the public...

Do you follow much football?

ExiledRed
04-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I got these from the TOP SECRET BBC SPORTS/FOOTBALL page.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7999538.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8004750.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7996859.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/7985864.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/8000817.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/7951239.stm

rocker
04-17-2009, 06:09 PM
did Vitti have a brace on last game?? I don't remember him wearing a brace during warmup (I was watching him and Dichio, and others, stand in a circle and kick the ball around).

edit: I just checked the video.... Vitti was not wearing a brace last game.

anto7
04-17-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/04/bench_barrett_and_give_vitti_a.html
Just want to throw something crazy out here John, and I do this with all due respect. We continue to question if Vitti is injured and nobody from TFC has indicated if he is or is not.
Carver generally holds a media scrum each week, I do not know if you are part of this or not, but why is it that one of the reporters does not just ask Carver straight, why is he not playing Vitti ?.
The same goes with the CB situation, we know that they do not want to getour hopes up but can they still not be asked if they are still working on something ?.
I just think that complete silence on the issue breeds too much suspicion and stress for the fans.
Cheers

Fushida
04-17-2009, 08:22 PM
did Vitti have a brace on last game?? I don't remember him wearing a brace during warmup (I was watching him and Dichio, and others, stand in a circle and kick the ball around).

edit: I just checked the video.... Vitti was not wearing a brace last game.

nah he wasn't. he also seemed pretty disinterested in the warm ups and i don't blame him... might just be me but i think the reserves look a bit shafted during the warm up... you got the first XI doing drills and scrimmages while they're literally doing keep up...

Dirk Diggler
04-18-2009, 01:17 AM
I got these from the TOP SECRET BBC SPORTS/FOOTBALL page.

LOL .... Exiled has been killing it the last couple of weeks.

In all honesty though, I do agree with anto7. I've always found the local footy media severely lacking in terms of covering TFC from a football perspective. They always seem interested in the fans and transfers and such ... yet we never get any useful insight in terms of the team itself. No one seems to be asking Carver any questions worth asking. Ask him why Vitti isn't playing. Ask him how long he expects to start Barrett before benching him. Ask him why the team keeps on punting the ball up the pitch and fails to start the offence the proper way. Those are the questions I'm interested in.

Roogsy
04-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Vitti is not injured.