PDA

View Full Version : Torontooooo FC at FC Dallas (Pre-game)

Nuvinho
04-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Okay, we have had enough negative threads, let's start to talk about the game.

Before this home-and-home series started, I was expecting 4pts. That could still happen, althought I figured that we would of won at home, and tied on the road.

Many of you disagree, but I think from what JC has been saying during the week, it could be an unchanged lineup. So we have to live with it. But I am sure that JC won't wait long to yank Barrett if he doesn't look good in the 1st half.

On the Dallas side, Cooper didn't get many opportunities, and when he did, it was long range shots. I still think its a midfield battle, Richetti and McCarthy vs. Robbo and Guevara. We won that matchup last Saturday, except for one late game mistake.

I am hoping for a win, but will also be content with a draw (getting points on the road is difficult).

Dallas 0 - 1 Toronto

early 2nd half goal from Barrett to break his goose egg.

Artur3575
04-16-2009, 08:13 AM
sounds good to me ,i will take a point on the road as well,i would like to have Vitti play from start.

BuSaPuNk
04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
2-1 TFC. Barrett opens his account and DeRo does his magic again. Cooper pots one for Dallas.

TFC_Junky
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
2-1 TFC. Vitti and Barrett up front to start and both net one each in the first half.

Artur3575
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Unless Vitti is not 100% he should be starting that game

TFC_Junky
04-16-2009, 09:03 AM
^^ I certainly hope so... I thought he played great in Colombus and think he deserves some more time on the pitch. For 300k he should be getting more playing time and at the beginning of the season, Carver was saying that him and Barrett were beginning to click... Let's keep that going, give them both starting spots and lets see what happens.

rocker
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
i wonder what the attendance will be... will they crack 8000?
both teams might fall asleep as they hear the crickets chirping.

Canadian Blue
04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
who the hell is Toront FC?

Nuvinho
04-16-2009, 09:15 AM

They are a better team than Toronto FC.

oops, mods, can you correct the thread title please.

Jack
04-16-2009, 09:16 AM
I hope we can turn things around with a solid performance in this one.

Parkdale
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM

freeze.... it's the typo police!!

I want to see a real crusher of a game, and I'd also like to see Frei get a clean sheet. That would be a nice touch.

also, when we're up by a few points, I'd love to see one of our aggressive players level Cunny flat out.

trane
04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
We must win, or at least look organized and solid in attack and defense.

If the typo police realy exsisted I would be serving a life sentence right now.

Phil
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I would like a win, but a solid performance too.

I know its a lot to ask, but the team need to step up and assert themselves on these early games with so many question marks surrounding them.

Yohan
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
if tfc doesnt hammer dallas early in the game and go up 2 goals by halftime, i fear same scenario as last week will happen again...

and the board will get more interesting to read the day after. lol

Parkdale
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
If the typo police realy exsisted I would be serving a life sentence right now.

don't forget the fashion police!!

trane
04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
^ Then I would be on death row. [ and not the record lable]

Parkdale
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
you and suge knight would probably get along.

jloome
04-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm absolutely baffled as to what to expect from Dallas. They have some decent players and had a few danger moments; they're second half movement was much improved.

Basically, though, they looked amotivated. I'm sure having Cunty around all the time doesn't help on that front.

So did we, for chunks. And our lack of ability to hold any reasonable consistency in our team's shape makes me wonder whether our guys have enough fire.

I'm gonna go optimistic and say 2-1 Toronto.

Ageroo
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
All I would like to see is a good all round performance....more of what the did in the first half of the last game for the full 90 minutes. I as well would like to see Frei get that clean sheet, and if TFC limits Dallas to outside strikes like they did last game (with the exception of the goal)...I don't see why they can't shut them out.

TFC_Junky
04-17-2009, 07:53 AM
^ I'm with you on Frei. The guy deserves a clean sheet, he's been outstanding thus far.

gtaguy
04-17-2009, 08:09 AM
i will go with tfc 1-0 . The will hammer out a win but just barely....

BRed
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
I just want to see some soccer played and not the stuff from the past two weeks..that will make my day.

TFC_Junky
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
^ yeah, same style, pace and attacking movement we saw in KC would be nice!

scooter
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
freeze.... it's the typo police!!

also, when we're up by a few points, I'd love to see one of our aggressive players level Cunny flat out.

that is a given
last game everytime someone got close to him he took a dive

scooter
04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
the boys have to step up to the plate this weekend
4-0 tfc with goals from vitti,barrett,dero and wynne
yes i expect a great result because i think the team is pumped for this
i cant remember who but one of the boys in his interveiw said it is going
to be almost a grudge match on sunday

It's Called Football
04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Pregame thread needs a pregame show.

Makes sense to me.

Duane Rollins and I talk to Buzz Carrick (Dallas writer) from 3rd Degree.net on what FC Dallas will bring as far as tactics, what Toronto needs to do to take three points and rundown some of Toronto's lineup options.

Cheers
Ben

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/214749

It's Called Football
04-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Note: We will be doing a live postgame show this Sunday. Tune into www.thatchannel.com (http://www.thatchannel.com) after the game. More details to come shortly

WaitingListSuck
04-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I say 3-0 dallas

TFCREDNWHITE
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I truely want a win.....

but i just don't know what the hell to expect from this team....i bet carver doesn't really know what to expect either...

I think Dallas is going to get their 1st win this season, and all HELL is gonna break loose on this board!

2-1 Dallas, (and i'm crying and sobbing like a girl while i wrote that!)

**although i am wishing for a win though**

TFC USA
04-17-2009, 02:01 PM
I had a dream we traded for Steve Ralston and he came in and scored on a bicycle kick in our 2-1 win over Dallas.

I think we'll score early, but defense fails and we lose a thriller 3-2. Goals by DeRo and Vitti.

pubboy
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM

Up by a few points ? What game are you talking about ?:noidea:

Keystone FC
04-17-2009, 02:24 PM
2-1 TFC. Dallas still has Cooper as real threat but with no fans in the stands I see TFC coming in to the warm weather and thawing out their stiffness in play. TFC should get 3 points out of this which we will need when CHivas comes into T.O. on Wednesday.
BTW. Forcast for the game has it T-Storms early but clearing and reaching 73-77 F by game time or 23 C.

boban
04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Is the game being streamed online somewhere?

rocker
04-18-2009, 06:07 PM
clearing and reaching 73-77 F by game time or 23 C.

perfect for loosening up those boots of Guevara and Barrett. :)

at least we don't have to worry about the home fans giving a boost to Dallas.. hahah

egoodwin
04-19-2009, 01:42 AM
with every team above us drawing this weekend, and the only team winning in the East being the ShiteBulls

what an opportunity for TFC, we can jump up to a tie with NE for 2nd with a win, well 3rd, considering NE has a game in hand

Super
04-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Aaannd it's Toooorooontoooo ...

torontocelt
04-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey, does anyone know what channel the game is on, what time is is on etc? Also if it is on gol tv do we still get it for free?

mclaren
04-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Anyone watching the Spurs game? If we could just play like that - so much movement, so fluid, looks so smooth and easy.

Daveisonfire
04-19-2009, 08:55 AM
with every team above us drawing this weekend, and the only team winning in the East being the ShiteBulls

what an opportunity for TFC, we can jump up to a tie with NE for 2nd with a win, well 3rd, considering NE has a game in hand

Hmm I like it :yum:

Hopefully Barrett snaps himself out of his slump today

egoodwin
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM

how about Vitti scoring his first

loconet
04-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Game day boys!

I expect a good performance today. Dallas is still struggling, they got lucky last week. The reds will be very disappointed from last week's late fuck-up so I'm expecting them to be extra concentrated today.

I know I'm going to get shoes thrown at me for saying this but I would play Barrett up front again. Kid needs to regain his confidence and break that bad form. If he continues to waste chances, early sub in the 2nd half.

Does anyone have any news on Vitti? Is he _really_ injured? I would like to see him up front with Barrett from the start. Have Dero and Guevara feed them balls all game.

2-0 TFC.

Dre
04-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey, does anyone know what channel the game is on, what time is is on etc? Also if it is on gol tv do we still get it for free?

As per TFC site game starts on Gol TV @ 7:00, broadcast starts @ 6:30. (Does not show when I look on the guide though). Also Gol TV is doing a free preview right now, so you should be able to watch it even if you haven't subscribed.

mclaren
04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Game day boys!

I expect a good performance today. Dallas is still struggling, they got lucky last week. The reds will be very disappointed from last week's late fuck-up so I'm expecting them to be extra concentrated today.

I know I'm going to get shoes thrown at me for saying this but I would play Barrett up front again. Kid needs to regain his confidence and break that bad form. If he continues to waste chances, early sub in the 2nd half.

Does anyone have any news on Vitti? Is he _really_ injured? I would like to see him up front with Barrett from the start. Have Dero and Guevara feed them balls all game.

2-0 TFC.

unfortunately we are too.

J-Man
04-19-2009, 09:28 AM
I just called rogers about goltv and they said there computers are down so they can't fix until after 2. If you don't get it by then you should call and find out.

dupont
04-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm excited for tonight's game. I know we have hit a rough patch but I see so much potential and quality in TFC this year.
DeRo has been exceeding my expectations and if a striker finally steps up to give him some help, we could really fill the net.
I'm hoping they start Vitti tonight.

bartzago
04-19-2009, 09:50 AM

XS Sports (sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/68051)http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5086/jtvtx6.gif

You'll need Sopcast

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
i would have taken 4 pts from 6 also for this series..and its still possible...TFC need to find thier finishing around the goal for this to happen....TFC 2 Dallas 1

Dale_Rojo
04-19-2009, 01:15 PM
hmmm was waiting for this thread :D

Vitti + De RO up front , guevara feeding them balls i see a breakout game for this "holy trinity' ;) DeRo Provides some nice flick ons and through balls Vitti finishes. Simple But now there is someone up front who can finish..

Dale_Rojo
04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
how about Vitti scoring his first

well yeah , if he starts i can see that happening ......:canada:

Jeffro
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Come on boys! We need a big 3 points tonight!! :drinking:

Gixmo
04-19-2009, 03:01 PM

I hope so, because GOLTV is not available thru Cogeco in my manner, hence straight screwed :(

Red Rat
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I never said this but they better f#@$%! win there. No less than that, they lose then I will hang someone...

tim90
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
toronto fc 2 to 1

David
04-19-2009, 04:15 PM
any streams for this one?

dantdot
04-19-2009, 04:19 PM
www.atdhe.net for streams, reliable most of the time.

rocker
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
shit, my girlfriend wants me to take her out to a fancy restaurant (no sports bars allowed) at 7 tonight... geez... so I don't get to watch TFC AND I have to spend $100 on a meal.

SteeltownBhoy
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
hmmm was waiting for this thread :D

Vitti + De RO up front , guevara feeding them balls i see a breakout game for this "holy trinity' ;) DeRo Provides some nice flick ons and through balls Vitti finishes. Simple But now there is someone up front who can finish..

DeRo may not be available!!!!!!!

Hamstring, and you can blame THE SHITE BMO TURF FOR THAT!!!!!!!!

trane
04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
A win and some good play. I watched Everton and Milan already play some solid footy today, it would be a great day to see TFC do the same. I believe they can. The win is needed to turn us in the right direction.

Inswingingwingman
04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Just say no. Fancy meal, it was suggested to me cause it's our 22nd anniversary. When I said where we would eat she caught on, what game is on?

When she realized I would spend 2 hours muttering at the team she said let's stay home and she can bake cookies.

S_D
04-19-2009, 04:49 PM
shit, my girlfriend wants me to take her out to a fancy restaurant (no sports bars allowed) at 7 tonight... geez... so I don't get to watch TFC AND I have to spend $100 on a meal.

Cook for her. Set up the candles at the table, break out the vino and set up the TV behind her (on mute if you value your cajones). :D

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
For anyone looking for a streaming link tonight:
http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

TFC game is listed at the very bottom. It'll also be on GolTV, though my Rogers program guide isn't showing a soccer game starting at 7:00 on that channel. The official TFC website says its on Gol TV live at 7:00, so I assume they aren't lying. :D

As for my prediction: TFC wins 2-1. Maybe 1-0, if we don't play too well again. I will also make a prediction that if Barrett is starting, he opens his account tonight.

- Scott

Bloor West FC
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
FC DALLAS vs TORONTO FC
PIZZA HUT PARK, Frisco, Texas
April 19, 2009 (WEEK 5) / MLS Game #36
6 p.m. CT (GolTV Can.; FSN-SW) FC Dallas and Toronto FC play the back end of their home-and-home series over two weekends at Pizza Hut Park, after FCD came back to snatch a late 1-1 draw with TFC last Saturday at BMO Field. For FC Dallas, it was their first point of the season after three losses to open the campaign. Toronto FC are still looking for a second win on the season, with a loss and two draws in their last three matches.
REFEREE: Tim Weyland. SAR (bench): Bill Dittmar; JAR (opposite): Greg Boles; 4th: Abbey Okulaja
MLS Career: 92 games; FC/gm: 30.1; Y/gm: 3.7; R: 29; pens: 21
INJURY REPORT: FC DALLAS -- DOUBTFUL: GK Dario Sala (L knee); QUESTIONABLE: MF Marcelo Saragosa (R knee); DF Steve Purdy (R hamstring) ... TORONTO FC - OUT: FW O'Brian White (knee); QUESTIONABLE: MF Dwayne De Rosario (hamstring)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
SUSPENDED: none
HEAD-TO-HEAD

ALL-TIME (5 meetings): FC Dallas 2 wins, 7 goals ... Toronto FC 1 win, 7 goals ... Ties 2
AT DALLAS (2 meetings): FC Dallas 1 win, 4 goals ... Toronto FC 0 wins, 2 goals ... Ties 1 • After a 4-0 win in the first meeting between the teams, Toronto FC have gone winless against FC Dallas, the Texas side winning two of the last four with two draws.
• FCD has never lost to TFC at Pizza Hut Park, winning the first meeting there with a draw in the second last year. The teams have split their three matches at BMO Field, each winning once with one draw.
• The teams will conclude their season series this year over an eight-day stretch, with the first meeting played at BMO Field last weekend.
• Coaches record: Schellas Hyndman vs. TOR: P3 W1 L0 T2 ... John Carver v DAL: P3 W0 L1 T2
LAST MEETING (MLS)
4/11: TOR 1, DAL 1 (De Rosario 17 - Ricchetti 87)
• Toronto FC were looking to get back to their winning ways, with a loss and a draw following a First Kick victory, while FC Dallas had stumbled to three consecutive losses to open the season.
• Two hometown newcomers combined to put TFC into the lead in the 17th minute. Adrian Serioux - last with FC Dallas - sent in a long throw-in from the left touchline and Dwayne De Rosario - like Serioux a native of Scarborough, Ont. - headed home his first goal since coming to TFC.
• But three minutes from the end FC Dallas secured their first point on the campaign. A corner kick flew over the goalmouth and Eric Avila chased it down, knocking a pass back into the center, where Pablo Ricchetti put home a nifty backheel for the equalizer.
FC DALLAS

FC Dallas finally gained a first point, but are still looking for their first victory of the season after four matches. FCD sits in eighth place in the Western Conference, nine points behind division-leading Chivas USA. TEAM NEWS
• FCD head coach Schellas Hyndman made no changes to the team that lost 2-1 to the New England Revolution the week before. That meant David Ferreira again partnered Kenny Cooper in attack, with Dax McCarty filling a central midfield role.
• Here's Hyndman's team (4-1-3-2): Ray Burse - Michael Dello-Russo (Jeff Cunningham 74), George John, Drew Moor, Blake Wagner - Pablo Ricchetti - Andre Rocha (Eric Avila 65), Dax McCarty, Dave van den Bergh - David Ferreira, Kenny Cooper (Daniel Torres 91+). Substitutes Not Used: Bruno Guarda, Josh Lambo, Peri Marosevic, Aaron Pitchkolan
• "It's a great feeling for the whole team to finally get a point. I think you saw today we are better than an 0-3 team," said Hyndman. "Being down early and having the resilience to fight through it was a fantastic feeling as a coach and for the team as a whole. We have to start somewhere on a positive note this season and today was really our starting point."
• Kenny Cooper had been the sole source of the FC Dallas goals until Pablo Ricchetti's neat backheel secured the share of the points.
• "We came out with a lot of energy -- you know we all believed that we could come back fighting, and fortunately we were able to pull a goal back with a beautiful shot from Pablo Ricchetti," said Cooper. "It was a great goal and it felt good to get back into the game."
• It was his first MLS career goal for Ricchetti since the Buenos Aires native joined Dallas in 2007 from Argentina`s Quilmes.
• "The ball was sent across by Avila on a Dax McCarty corner kick -- it was a tremendous goal by Ricchetti," said Hyndman. "It was one of those goals where everything has to be perfectly right with your back to goal and I think it just caught everyone by surprise. It was a quality and composed finish."
• While the one point from the first four games is still the poorest opening to a season in Dallas club history (their previous worst was 0-2-2), the late draw in Toronto was a significant different than starting 0-4.
• "We were trying to look for some sort of hope, and I think we got it today," substitute Eric Avila said. "Just a point or something to get our mindset going to the next game."
TORONTO FC

After a season-opening win at Kansas City, Toronto FC have now recorded two draws and a loss. The Reds have five points from four matches, tied for fourth place in the Eastern Conference, three points behind the pace-setting Chicago Fire. TEAM NEWS
• TFC head coach John Carver made three changes to the team that lost 2-0 to Seattle Sounders FC in their home opener the weekend before. Sam Cronin returned to the midfield on one side and Fuad Ibrahim made his first start of the season on the other, coming in for Rohan Ricketts and Pablo Vitti. Stefan Frei came back in between the posts, replacing Greg Sutton.
• Here's Carver's team (4-3-1-2): Stefan Frei - Marvell Wynne, Kevin Harmse, Adrian Serioux, Jim Brennan - Sam Cronin, Carl Robinson, Fuad Ibrahim (Rohan Ricketts 75) - Amado Guevara - Dwayne De Rosario (Pablo Vitti 89), Chad Barrett (Danny Dichio 69). Substitutes Not Used: Nana Attakora-Gyan, Johann Smith, Greg Sutton, Marco Velez
• "It's really disappointing to concede a goal with two or three minutes to go since I thought there was a vast improvement after last week's performance," Carver said. "It's disappointing coming away with a point, but a point is better than none at all. At one stage we could've lost all three, so I'll take the point, it might be valuable down the line."
• FCD outshot TFC 19-10 overall and 8-3 in shots on target, and returning to the lineup after leaving the March 28 game in Columbus with a back injury, Stefan Frei was outstanding in goal in making six saves, several of which were difficult.
• "I was trying to keep the team in it and give us a 1-0 win and I came up short by three minutes," Frei said. "It's disappointing, very disappointing. ... I look at it as week-by-week, you have to earn your spot. So I'll be coming out Monday to earn my spot for next Sunday again."
• If there was a concern, it was the timing of the tying goal. In 2008, TFC allowed a league-worst 13 goals in the final 15 minutes of games.
• "I hope it's not going to be one of those years when it comes down to the last two minutes or so and teams are able to capitalize on us," Serioux said. "That's one of the things we've got to focus on and make sure we can put an end to."
• The Reds are facing an injury concern for the return match with midfielder Dwayne De Rosario, who scored his first goal since coming to the club in Toronto. De Rosario came off the field just after the goal with a hamstring injury that kept him from full training during the week.
• "I think it [his hamstring] is just a little bit tight -- he won't be training with the team for a couple of days and then we will make an assessment," said Carver. " ... I was too busy talking to the bench about making a change to even see the Dallas goal. We got him off the field at the right time, it was tight but he hadn't pulled it -- it was a precaution to get him off the field."

sully
04-19-2009, 05:00 PM

Not today apparently - I had a guy from the GeekSquad come to my house today to mount a TV...coincidentally he was at Barrett and Edwards place today as well doing some work...from this I learned that Barrett is at home with a leg injury..