PDA

View Full Version : The Day After

Luanda
04-16-2009, 06:12 AM
The Transfer Window has closed.

TFC is still a 23 man team, without a proper CB and maybe even striker.

MO now limited to waiting for the end of league play in Europe.

What happened? Incompetence, bad luck in not signing certain players, players too greedy or not interested in Toronto...WTF!

InTheCrowd
04-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Hopefully he signs a free agent soon. We need reinforcement in the back. We're capable of doing well up front and our midfield's already good. Come on MoJo, get this sorted.

Oldtimer
04-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Wow. Another negative thread. Why wasn't this posted in the giambic superthread?

Redpunkfiddle
04-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Wow. Another negative thread. Why wasn't this posted in the giambic superthread?

The difference is that it has this really cool thread title - it makes me imagine I am sitting in an irradiated wasteland, with civilization crumbled around me, as I eat my cheerios.

Ageroo
04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
The difference is that it has this really cool thread title - it makes me imagine I am sitting in an irradiated wasteland, with civilization crumbled around me, as I eat my cheerios.

I thought the same and was looking forward to come in here for the movie review.....:p

TFC John
04-16-2009, 07:39 AM

How do you know you're not?

Mark in Ottawa
04-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Technically it is always "The Day After" isn't it?

MUFC_Niagara
04-16-2009, 07:53 AM

You were around last year, right? So you know this is only the tip of the iceberg....wait until the season REALLY gets going!

Oldtimer
04-16-2009, 08:02 AM
You were around last year, right? So you know this is only the tip of the iceberg....wait until the season REALLY gets going!

I've been around since 2006 (I'm one of the originals from Simon's board). Sometimes I wonder why I stick around the board (in person, my fellow RPBs are fine). The negativity is depressing. No wonder BringBackTheBlizzard departed for the V-Board.

Nuvinho
04-16-2009, 08:10 AM
I think I started a thread awhile back that if they wait to bring in a player in July, over 40% of the MLS games will already been played.

Mark in Ottawa
04-16-2009, 08:11 AM
I've been around since 2006 (I'm one of the originals from Simon's board). Sometimes I wonder why I stick around the board (in person, my fellow RPBs are fine). The negativity is depressing. No wonder BringBackTheBlizzard departed for the V-Board.

Maybe it is an age thingy. People today want instant gratification and are not willing to wait to give things a second try if at first it doesn't work out.

Hell... I waited 30+ years just to get soccer regularly on TV where I could watch the beautiful game... it's grand. And then to be able to get my 1/3 season ticket and actually get to see a live professional game once a month with an amazing group of supporters... amazing.

Yeah I would love to see the CSA get its act together and maybe someday they will but for now I will take what I can get.

As the famous "oracle of Parkdale" once said "it could be worse ___ could be on fire!" ;)

Or as my wife keeps reminding me...
"I want patience... and I want it now!" :D

Detroit_TFC
04-16-2009, 08:17 AM
People are in a particular funk right now. I think it will pass, like a kidney stone, or get repressed into a diamond-hard bitterness. I guess it depends on if you are an optimist or a pessimist.

Fort York Redcoat
04-16-2009, 08:18 AM
So we can assume that Mo couldn't get Mr. CB/DP and wants to finish out his year at the supposed bigger, better club he's at. Surprised? Not really. Disappointed? A little.

Enjoying this movie review thread?

A lot.

Bluenose13
04-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I've been around since 2006 (I'm one of the originals from Simon's board). Sometimes I wonder why I stick around the board (in person, my fellow RPBs are fine). The negativity is depressing. No wonder BringBackTheBlizzard departed for the V-Board.Had nothing to do with it ;)

Phil
04-16-2009, 08:33 AM
There are plenty of places to state thoughts like this:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12204

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12051

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12169

Please continue the discussion in one of those threads.