PDA

View Full Version : Should we protest Lacrosse at BMO

J .
04-16-2009, 01:02 AM
With a field lacrosse league playing at BMO should there be a protest?

ExiledRed
04-16-2009, 01:07 AM
If it's the key to grass and an end to community use, no.

If it just means more wear and tear on the astrorug, yes.

nfitz
04-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Wear and tear from a half-dozen Lacrosse matches doesn't even come close to a couple of days of community use over the winter - let alone months.

If you protest this, you'd be a hypocrite if your also not out there protesting the next time some community group is using the facility.

ExiledRed
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Technically, you'd only be a hypocrite if you were actually partaking in the community use.

Calvin
04-16-2009, 03:44 AM
Community use is awesome! How else can you say youve scored more goals on those nets than Dichio.

Dirk Diggler
04-16-2009, 04:15 AM
Simple answer = No

Wagner
04-16-2009, 05:38 AM
yawn.

what good would it do?

it's like 6 times for 2 hours.
12 hours of usage.
it's a public field.

I could book the field and play a pointyball game, and you'd never even know about it, and it would be a bunch of dudes pounding the crap out of the turf worse than these lacrosse guys would.

brad
04-16-2009, 06:21 AM
I haven't followed this closely. Can I assume by the fact that no one seems to care about this that there will not be lines painted on field specifically for this?

Kooper
04-16-2009, 06:45 AM

No of Course not!

If we do we should protest every afternoon kids soccer match, ulitmate frisbee game and concert at BMO.

Part of the profitability of BMO and the team comes from renting the field. If they don't rent the field how will TFC ever afford a DP that everyone is whining about.

Shway
04-16-2009, 06:58 AM
No of Course not!

If we do we should protest every afternoon kids soccer match, ulitmate frisbee game and concert at BMO.

Part of the profitability of BMO and the team comes from renting the field. If they don't rent the field how will TFC ever afford a DP that everyone is whining about.

I thought the city owned the field, and not MLSE.

onemanbarmyarmy
04-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Always protest Lacross-dressing. It's the cause of brain cancer!

drewski
04-16-2009, 07:01 AM

you're correct

city owned, MLSE operated

drewski
04-16-2009, 07:03 AM
and no.

its a public field in a soccer specific (not exclusive) stadium. and as has been mentioned, the wear and tear compared to other ongoing activities is minor.

Ageroo
04-16-2009, 07:40 AM

As long as I don't see extra lines on the pitch I am fine with whatever they want to use it for....as long as it does not impact TFC.

Carter
04-16-2009, 07:46 AM
As long as I don't see extra lines on the pitch I am fine with whatever they want to use it for....as long as it does not impact TFC.

thats why we have a TBD start time May 23, because they are worried about the lines on the field.... :hump:

denime
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
RPB doesn't stand for Red Protest Boys,so NO,we should not protest.

Nuvinho
04-16-2009, 08:09 AM

+1:canada:

Mark in Ottawa
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
RPB doesn't stand for Red Protest Boys,so NO,we should not protest.
^^ +1.
Protest on what grounds?
It is a community field not withstanding the plaque that calls it the national soccer stadium that the national team players do not prefer.

Fort York Redcoat
04-16-2009, 08:24 AM
A banner would be nice. Protesting after the fact is pretty useless.

This extra money from community play is getting us a DP? Really? When?
People can play elsewhere. I want BMO for the pros alone.

jabbronies
04-16-2009, 09:23 AM
The only way we should protest this is if there will be major modifications to the environment (extra lines on the field, pushing back the seats etc).

otherwise i say no.

Kooper
04-16-2009, 09:56 AM

My mistake, in that case the city pays off the stadium faster and they can afford to upgrade and add seats. Either way it is a win win. From my desk I can see that no one is on the field now and it is like that most of the day except when TFC practises and a few rentals. As long as the field holds up the city might as well use it and make some money.

KrazyKanadian
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Short answer: No.

Cashcleaner
04-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Seeing as how we've pretty much protested everything else under the sun, why the fuck not?

BFin
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
What are you going to protest?!
A public field being used as the city sees fit??
That will really endear us to the FO

Wagner
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
someone a while back said the lines they use are this chalk product that ends up wearing off before the lacrosse game is even done.
it sounds as though they just have to hose down the field, and you won't even know they were out there.

David_Oliveira
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Why would we protest? 12 hours people. 12 HOURS!! Its a SSS not a SES (soccer exclusive stadium). It won't hurt the field. Even if there is lines (which apparently there wont be) , you think the city is going to give a shit about it?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Why would we protest? 12 hours people. 12 HOURS!! Its a SSS not a SES (soccer exclusive stadium). It won't hurt the field. Even if there is lines (which apparently there wont be) , you think the city is going to give a shit about it?

the Argos woud only use 10hrs...what your point!:drinking:

Letting this lacross team in at bmo only opens the door for the Argos!...bank on it!

Keystone FC
04-16-2009, 02:12 PM
It would be a waste of time, resources, and could make situations worse for supporters on the TFC side.
We have better things to do like plan for the next home game.

Arnie Knows
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
No Don't do anything Let MLSE rule your life ..

Jack
04-16-2009, 05:28 PM
No Don't do anything Let MLSE rule your life ..
Now you're talkling!

Doesn't Koolaid taste good?

Batman
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Pick your battles. This isn't one.

J .
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Well I am torn. I voted that we should. Hypocritical of use to stop the Argos but allow Lacrosse on one hand....

I thought BMO was supposed to be soccer specific?

rocker
04-16-2009, 08:04 PM
lacrosse doesn't make it not soccer specific.
it's still soccer specific even if a lacrosse team or a frisbee league plays on it.

Jack
04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Also, the lacrosse field doesn't involve moving our fucking stands away from the pitch and putting in endzones and shit.

BFin
04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Now you're talkling!

Doesn't Koolaid taste good?
I may be wrong here, but I don't think MLSE made this decision.
If they did I apologize.

We make a huge deal out of realtively nothing.
The field is shit. Adding 12 hours of play is not going to make it any worse.
Protest the original decision to have field turf.

egoodwin
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
this team isn't just going to pick up and go away or fold because we protest... the time for a protest has long since past

Jack
04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I may be wrong here, but I don't think MLSE made this decision.
If they did I apologize.

We make a huge deal out of realtively nothing.
The field is shit. Adding 12 hours of play is not going to make it any worse.
Protest the original decision to have field turf.

Dude, I was having some fun :D

Arnie Knows has been on a bit of a ranting spree lately.

Anyway, having the field-turf was one of the conditions of getting the stadium and public use and bla bla bla all that other BS which is scattered around the boards.

I'm not going to protest this because, quite frankly, it's not going to affect the football experience. The turf is shit, but it will be gone soon. This lacrosse team isn't going to last very long anyway.

BFin
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Sorry Jack I edited because I misread yours, but I am agreeing with you now. You well spoken SOB.

It's all a little ridiculous.

drewski
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Well I am torn. I voted that we should. Hypocritical of use to stop the Argos but allow Lacrosse on one hand....

I thought BMO was supposed to be soccer specific?

as has been said, its soccer specific, not soccer exclusive.

not really hypocritical to be for lax and against the argo's since the argo's would require a lot more mods to the environment

s2cazz
04-16-2009, 10:54 PM
We should protest our shitty performances on the pitch

nfitz
04-17-2009, 12:17 PM
We should protest our shitty performances on the pitchThat would be forfeiture of game. Keep the protest in the stands, not on pitch!

:) for the humour impaired.

RedsYNWA
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
We should protest our shitty performances on the pitch

AMEN:lol:

TFCREDNWHITE
04-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Anyway, having the field-turf was one of the conditions of getting the stadium and public use and bla bla bla all that other BS which is scattered around the boards.

I'm not going to protest this because, quite frankly, it's not going to affect the football experience. The turf is shit, but it will be gone soon. This lacrosse team isn't going to last very long anyway.

Exactly! ..... Honestly, Why can't everyone stop for one second and not only read your posts but live by them! You speak the truth Jack!

even some of your other posts recently i totally agree with:canada:

olegunnar
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
as has been said, its soccer specific, not soccer exclusive.

not really hypocritical to be for lax and against the argo's since the argo's would require a lot more mods to the environment

Exactly

When I was a kid I used to go to MLG all the time. Used to sit in the greys for leaf games, and golds for Sunday Marlie games. Sometimes went to the Circus and indoor soccer too. Later on went to Rock games.

The show on the floor changed, but the building never did. During the circus and the Rock games you could see the old school team emblems for the out of town NHL scoreboard. Walking through the halls it was all Leafs stuff. The shot counters were up there too and the Leafs specific scoreboard was used.

No matter what show or event you were watching you KNEW it was MLG you knew it was a hockey rink and THE home of the Leafs.

I don't care if Genesis plays BMO. I don't care if theres lacrosse there.

What I do care about is that anyone that walks through the gates and puts up with the crappy scanners...knows without a doubt this is the home of Toronto FC first and foremost.

Red seats with a white Canadian flag on the East side. I only want a TFC fan wall...no other teams. I'll only want a TFC trophy room, no other teams. Any decorations/banners etc. should be TFC and TFC alone.

If the argos came there'd be changes to that.

That's why I'm abivilent about concerts, lacrosse, friendlies etc. etc. They don't infringe BMO as being first and foremost the home of Toronto FC. That's also why I don't see it as being hypocritical by being indifferent to the lacrosse at BMO

Jack
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Exactly

When I was a kid I used to go to MLG all the time. Used to sit in the greys for leaf games, and golds for Sunday Marlie games. Sometimes went to the Circus and indoor soccer too. Later on went to Rock games.

The show on the floor changed, but the building never did. During the circus and the Rock games you could see the old school team emblems for the out of town NHL scoreboard. Walking through the halls it was all Leafs stuff. The shot counters were up there too and the Leafs specific scoreboard was used.

No matter what show or event you were watching you KNEW it was MLG you knew it was a hockey rink and THE home of the Leafs.

What I do care about is that anyone that walks through the gates and puts up with the crappy scanners...knows without a doubt this is the home of Toronto FC first and foremost.

Red seats with a white Canadian flag on the East side. I only want a TFC fan wall...no other teams. I'll only want a TFC trophy room, no other teams. Any decorations/banners etc. should be TFC and TFC alone.

That's why I'm abivilent about concerts, lacrosse, friendlies etc. etc. They don't infringe BMO as being first and foremost the home of Toronto FC. That's also why I don't see it as being hypocritical by being indifferent to the lacrosse at BMO
+100

What he said!

MUFC_Niagara
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Exactly

Very good points!

Dale_Rojo
04-17-2009, 08:46 PM
YES. why you say , nothing but TFC should be taking place at BMO , one season? sure .. we get grass, lacrosse GTFO ;)

Cambridge_Red
04-18-2009, 11:38 AM
YES. why you say , nothing but TFC should be taking place at BMO , one season? sure .. we get grass, lacrosse GTFO ;)

Wrong, first and foremost its a National Soccer Stadium and secondly TFC doesn't own the Stadium thus they don't have 100% say in the matter.

FluSH
04-18-2009, 09:33 PM
killing me softly.... with this thread... killing my whole life...

Sonny Cheeba
04-19-2009, 07:18 PM
killing me softly.... with this thread... killing my whole life...

how long have you been waiting for the opportunity to say this?

Dale_Rojo
04-20-2009, 03:39 AM
when grass is at bmo , any other use can kindly GTFO:D:drinking:

Arnie Knows
04-20-2009, 07:59 AM

I will just say that enough is enough ..

Lets let the team do all the talking on the field..

tfc007
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
The majority seem to be okay with lacrosse at bmo,we will see when we attend TFC games at bmo and you are looking at lacrosse lines mixed in with soccer lines on the field of play,then we shall see who is in favour!!!!