PDA

View Full Version : Transfer window closes today....

jloome
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
....so no CB unless it's a free agent, which we could get when the Euro season ends. In July.

Calvin
04-15-2009, 06:37 PM
or CIS, some scouts went to montreal this week to check out Alex Damianou from McGill.

Krasno.pL.
04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
^^yea that kids too small ...
but u never know... theres gotta be ONE gem in all of CIS to make a practice roster.

trane
04-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Jloome, is there a chance that they signed someon but have to waite to announce it?

jloome
04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
That's what I'd heard, with respect to someone from Europe. But maybe it fell through. That was nearly three weeks ago now, and the word was it was someone coming at the end of the Euro season.

But if they were already signed, we'd have heard about it by now. The only reason to wait until July is if they're still under contract (which means we can't have signed them) and that isn't affected by the MLS transfer window.

trane
04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Frustrating. What is up with Nana? Do you have any idea?

poppamidnight
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM

wasn't he on the bench last week???

I suspect if his injury is better now, that he's just working his way into match-fitness (since it's only been one week since he's got the a-okay) - that's been a good time off for him now

T_Mizz
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
wasn't he on the bench last week???

I suspect if his injury is better now, that he's just working his way into match-fitness (since it's only been one week since he's got the a-okay) - that's been a good time off for him now
Yeah he was, he displaced Gomez and I saw him warming up all game although he never got a chance

reggie
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Jloome, is there a chance that they signed someon but have to waite to announce it?
you may be right....i think there names are FAT AND CHANCE...

Calvin
04-15-2009, 10:22 PM
^^yea that kids too small ...
but u never know... theres gotta be ONE gem in all of CIS to make a practice roster.

Nah man, clearly you have no idea what youre talking about. A huge number of kids in the CIS have big opportunities in Europe but are getting an education because they want to put that first. Yohann Capalungo on that roster played on Auxerre, and would easily crack our starting 11, to mention only one.

jloome
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM

No, last I heard he had a minor injury of some sort and was rehabbing, but again that was over two weeks ago.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Nah man, clearly you have no idea what youre talking about. A huge number of kids in the CIS have big opportunities in Europe but are getting an education because they want to put that first. Yohann Capalungo on that roster played on Auxerre, and would easily crack our starting 11, to mention only one.

I find that a little hard to believe. Just cause someone has some reserve / youth experience with a French team doesn’t mean they’d walk into the starting 11 on a MLS team. I don’t doubt that there a some CIS players who have professional careers ahead of them, I just doubt that there are a huge number of them.

Calvin
04-16-2009, 03:40 AM
I find that a little hard to believe. Just cause someone has some reserve / youth experience with a French team doesn’t mean they’d walk into the starting 11 on a MLS team. I don’t doubt that there a some CIS players who have professional careers ahead of them, I just doubt that there are a huge number of them.

For sure, I was disagreeing with the guy that said one gem in all the CIS could make a practice roster. There are a handful of guys that would be in the MLS but would rather be lawyers than take a 50/50 shot at a $75,000 MLS salary. Plus you cant play soccer till you're 40 you can do other professional jobs till you're 65-70. Its a tough decision for lots of incredibly talented kids, more and more are choosing to get an education first.

Shway
04-16-2009, 07:01 AM
to have something to fall back on,
there soccer careers are still first,
school is a assurity

jloome
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Ives (soccerbyives.net) is reporting TFC's potential summer CB transfer is still on, and adds the new info that it's a team chasing promotion overseas.

The CB TFC has been "eying all winter is now a summer transfer window option after his club balked at selling him in the midst of a promotion fight (and yes, I'm still working to get the name of this mystery defender.)"