PDA

View Full Version : Schedule this year: Good or Bad?

mastermixer
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
http://www.24thminute.com/2009/04/about-that-schedule-again.html

I definately agree with Ben. The jam of early games when everyone knows our weather is not the best is not good for the players or the fans.
Especially the fact that we play 1 home game on better weather days from June 25 to August 8!! For example, next wednesdays game against Chivas, the forecast calls for a high of 7 during the day! Who knows how cold it will be for this night game.
Aside from the weather, if we keep bombing like we have the last couple at home, we'll be in a crapload of trouble during the summer months when the team will barely see BMO.

Yohan
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
lol. no mention of how gold cup affects scheduling

Steve
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
For the team: I don't know if cold weather or warm weather is best. Guevara (and probably vitti) is better in warm weather. Dichio does better in the cold. I would say our style suits best for mid temp games (may-june). Home start could get us off to a good season (though that hasn't showed yet).

For me: I like the schedule. Why? Because it allows me to do stuff in the summer I like to do. April/May are good months that I'm not usually going away during, Sept/Oct is the same. June/July/August I like going to my cottage, or taking or trip, or going camping, etc. When TFC is playing at home, I tend not to do those things.

Brooker
04-15-2009, 01:03 PM
im sure ill feel the same way i did last year.

I like the schedule until July.... then i wait longer for home games and can't stand it. :D

dcdcdc
04-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I always figured they scheduled many of our homes games early on as to give favourable home dates to other teams who have a hard time selling tickets in April or May...

Carts
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Sunday games = bad. (for me)...

I hate going to work the day after...

Carts...

Whoop
04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I think the gaps in the summer are there for potential CCL games.

And the fact that the Gold Cup will be on during this period.

mastermixer
04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I always figured they scheduled many of our homes games early on as to give favourable home dates to other teams who have a hard time selling tickets in April or May...
yeah, but the problem is we have a hard time keeping people in the seats during these cold games it seems. I saw a bunch of people around me gone half the time because its been cold. And then they leave 10 minutes early.

rocker
04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
i don't like the early games in the cold. the weather causes too much havoc on the quality of play, and I don't like freezing my ass off. it's just not as enjoyable.

i know in summer it's damn hot during the day, but scheduling night games would solve that problem easily, and you could enjoy a great night by the lake.

if we ever have to have a "loaded up" period, I wouldn't mind seeing late-May through the end of June as our loaded up period.

AL-MO
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
From my perspective(banners) I would adjust the schedule a bit. There are so many home games in May, yet hardly any in July and August.

AL-MO
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
i don't like the early games in the cold. the weather causes too much havoc on the quality of play, and I don't like freezing my ass off. it's just not as enjoyable.

i know in summer it's damn hot during the day, but scheduling night games would solve that problem easily, and you could enjoy a great night by the lake.

if we ever have to have a "loaded up" period, I wouldn't mind seeing late-May through the end of June as our loaded up period.

What they don't have seat warmers in the Uber prawn section? :p

rocker
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
What they don't have seat warmers in the Uber prawn section? :p

haha. but I'm so sad that you guys in the south end aren't chanting as loud as usual... I feel bad that the cold cuts down your enthusiasm! :p
or do you guys just need 10 more capos to tell you what to do? ;)

ExiledRed
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
The weather is not an issue for me. Wallet recovery time is however.

There are too many games too close together. I like to spend some cash, and MLSE likes me to spend some cash, and I could spend more cash if there were more time between games.

Also, I can make arrangements to get to a match, sometimes meaning I have to get someone to look after the kids that day, or put off an appointment, but I cant do this every four days.

T_Mizz
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah, but the problem is we have a hard time keeping people in the seats during these cold games it seems. I saw a bunch of people around me gone half the time because its been cold. And then they leave 10 minutes early.
Yeah I was up behind the supporters section, you know the wheelchair accessable seats, and it was windy and cold as balls, I can understand why a non-diehard would leave.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-15-2009, 04:29 PM
i would have preferred more July and August Dates the April or May...the warmer weather is a bonus as well...

Plenty of Trout
04-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah I was up behind the supporters section, you know the wheelchair accessable seats, and it was windy and cold as balls, I can understand why a non-diehard would leave.

The steel drum music kept us warm however.

SweetOwnGoal
04-15-2009, 05:28 PM

I definately agree with Ben. The jam of early games when everyone knows our weather is not the best is not good for the players or the fans.
Especially the fact that we play 1 home game on better weather days from June 25 to August 8!! For example, next wednesdays game against Chivas, the forecast calls for a high of 7 during the day! Who knows how cold it will be for this night game.
Aside from the weather, if we keep bombing like we have the last couple at home, we'll be in a crapload of trouble during the summer months when the team will barely see BMO.

Duane. You agree with Duane.

SweetOwnGoal
04-15-2009, 05:34 PM
I think the gaps in the summer are there for potential CCL games.

And the fact that the Gold Cup will be on during this period.

You mean the whole one CCL game that that could happen during that time?

There is little doubt that TFC was front loaded so clubs that need the walk-up crowd have a better chance at it.

Yes, the Gold Cup is cutting everyone's July schedule down by a week, but that doesn't explain the big gap.

There will be a friendly in that gap as well. Again, it's not the same and it still makes for a very long stretch without football. A little balance -- two games a month would be ideal, but one longer home stand and one longer road trip would be acceptable as well. But to be half done by May 15...that's crazy and has the potential to suck the momentum out of everything -- even if we're winning.

olegunnar
04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I think the schedule sets up well for us.

in April and May when we'll have our full team we'll have 7 home games and only 3 road games.

9 home games if you count the Energy bar cup.

When we lose Guevara and DeRo et al in the summer for the gold cup we have far fewer games.

So lots of home games when we have our full squad. That's good. Too bad we're playing like shite when we should be grabbing points hand over fist

giambac
04-15-2009, 06:16 PM

the weather is the same for both teams.......NO?????

Cashcleaner
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Personally, all the mid-week and Sunday games are killing me! Thursday, Friday, or Saturday are really the only days that I have free evenings so I'm shit outta luck for quite a few games this season.