PDA

View Full Version : Preview: LAG v TFC

profit89
05-29-2008, 06:41 PM
TORONTO FC vs. LOS ANGELES GALAXY
BMO FIELD, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
May 31, 2008 | 3:30 p.m. ET (CBC; FSN-W)
WEEK # 10 | GAME # 65 Two teams who have had outstanding opening thirds of the season meet for the second time as Toronto FC plays host to the Los Angeles Galaxy. TFC had gone on a six-game unbeaten run - sparked by their 3-2, come-from-behind win against the Galaxy on April 13 - before it came to an end at D.C. United last weekend. The Galaxy have lost just once in their last five matches, winning their last two in a row, as their high-octane attack has scored the most goals in the league.
REFEREE: Mark Geiger. SAR (bench): Hector Vergara; JAR (opposite): George Gansner; 4th: Carol-Anne Chenard MLS Career: 37 games; FC/gm: 31.7; Y/gm: 4.1; R: 7; pens: 14
INJURY REPORT: TORONTO FC - QUESTIONABLE: DF Tyrone Marshall (hamstring) ... LOS ANGELES GALAXY - OUT: GK Charles Alamo (R knee surgery); PROBABLE: MF Peter Vagenas (R quad)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: TOR: Carl Robinson (Wales; v Holland, May 30); Greg Sutton (Canada; v Brazil, May 31); Amado Guevara (Honduras; v. Venezuela, May 30)
SUSPENDED: TOR: Laurent Robert (through June 1)
WARNINGS:
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: LA: Alan Gordon; Brandon McDonald; Greg Vanney

Technorgasm
05-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Buddle got a Bloody HAT TRICK a couple of weeks ago

Can you believe it.

PS LANDYCAKES can fuck-off.

Steve
05-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Buddle got a Bloody HAT TRICK a couple of weeks ago

Can you believe it.

PS LANDYCAKES can fuck-off.

I say we put Tebily on Landy, that dude is a scary motherfucker, and I don't think Landon can handle him.

jm5k
05-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Becks/Donovan coming? I don't see them on the Int. MIA list :o

Ossington Mental Youth
05-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Becks isnt, Donovan is.
I dont feel particularly positive about this game, please prove me wrong Carver (and play a 4-2-3-1 as opposed to 4-4-2)

Daveisonfire
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
***Weather Report***

As of Friday, May 30th @ 9:30am

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/wicons/g.gif
High of 23
Low of 14
Chance of Thunder showers
60% P.O.P.
Wind: W 30 km/h

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696

TFC Cityboy
05-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Landycakes Landycakes
Oooh Landy Landy Landy

Landycakes Landycakes
Oooh Landy Landy Landy

Landycakes Landycakes
Oooh Landy Landy Landy

Technorgasm
05-30-2008, 08:34 AM
I say we put Tebily on Landy, that dude is a scary motherfucker, and I don't think Landon can handle him.

Fact of th ematter is. . Landy will MOST likely find a way through, he has been on a bit of a streak as of late.

I am conident the "D" will do there jobs but the balance of this game lies with Stops from Edwards, and OFFENSIVE production.

We need to come out strong and get the frist goal. period.

Who will be the best to support Cunny up front?

he will no doubt be the lone striker tomorrow. . .

Im calling Ricketts razzle dazzle up the wing. . to a THUNDEROUS 25 yarder running strike from Robert.

Laurent is due he has had his eyes on the prize for 3 games now, he is hungry and will take it for himself.

WALK ON

Steve
05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Laurent is due he has had his eyes on the prize for 3 games now, he is hungry and will take it for himself.

WALK ON

Robert is going to have to score from the press box, because he ain't playing.

ua-kozak_TFC
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
this will be a very tough game guys.... we are missing 4 of our starting players.. i hope edwards steps up and the rest of the boys...

Daveisonfire
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Interesting that the match preview doesn't have Dichio listed on the injury report...I guess he's doing better than I thought

rocker
05-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Ives reported Edu was named to the USA Int roster for the friendly against Spain next Wed.... so Edu is flying back from England for the LA game and then flying to Spain after ??? wow... some jet lag there.

Pinkie
05-30-2008, 11:51 AM
It should be an interresting game...edwards will have to be in top form if landy plays(which i gather is still up in the air?)
and hey, maybe roberts left foot is strong enough to kick one from the press box..who knows?
Ew rain..AGAIN? i've had it with mother nature...beautifull weekdays...and disgusting game days:(

arsenal
05-30-2008, 11:53 AM
With the guys missing and possibly Dichio out injured I think it is time to bunker down and hope for the odd counter attack. Perhaps go with the x-mas tree 4-3-2-1 and hope the speed up top can create a couple opportunities.

-------------Edwards------------------
Velez----Tebily------Marshall----Dunivant
---Wynne------Edu---------Brennan----
-----Smith------------Ricketts----------
-------------Cunny---------------------

James in for Marshall if he can't go and Brennan/Dunivant could be swapped.

GabrielHurl
05-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Fact of th ematter is. . Landy will MOST likely find a way through, he has been on a bit of a streak as of late.

I am conident the "D" will do there jobs but the balance of this game lies with Stops from Edwards, and OFFENSIVE production.

We need to come out strong and get the frist goal. period.

Who will be the best to support Cunny up front?

he will no doubt be the lone striker tomorrow. . .

Im calling Ricketts razzle dazzle up the wing. . to a THUNDEROUS 25 yarder running strike from Robert.

WALK ON

He'll have trouble scoring considering he's suspended

TorontoBlades
05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Interesting that the match preview doesn't have Dichio listed on the injury report...I guess he's doing better than I thought

game time decision

TorontoBlades
05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
:D
Robert is going to have to score from the press box, because he ain't playing.

:D:D:D:D:D

brad
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
This is my guess, assuming Dichio is out.

Wynne----Velez-----Tebily---Brennan--
--Ricketts----Edu---Harmse---Dunivant-
----------Cunny-----Smith-------------

-I don't see Carver shaking up the back four. Heard an interview with Marshall yesterday, he said he picked up a foot infection and doesn't know if he'll be fit. I don't see Wynne of Brennan getting pushed up to midfield. Why play them in a position that they have yet to be used in, which creates gaps in positions they've excelled in. The way Carver has used Dunivant so far, he sees him as an option for Left Mid.
-If Marshall is fit, I could see him in the back four, with Tebily going into a holding roll along in place of either Edu or Harmse (Edu if he's too tired after the England match, or Harmse because he sucks). I don't think Carver will (or should) hand James a debut at CB during this match.

This lineup is frighteningly devoid of creativity, I doubt we are going to be in for showpiece match...

egoodwin
05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
This is my guess, assuming Dichio is out.

Wynne----Velez-----Tebily---Brennan--
--Ricketts----Edu---Harmse---Dunivant-
----------Cunny-----Smith-------------

-I don't see Carver shaking up the back four. Heard an interview with Marshall yesterday, he said he picked up a foot infection and doesn't know if he'll be fit. I don't see Wynne of Brennan getting pushed up to midfield. Why play them in a position that they have yet to be used in, which creates gaps in positions they've excelled in. The way Carver has used Dunivant so far, he sees him as an option for Left Mid.
-If Marshall is fit, I could see him in the back four, with Tebily going into a holding roll along in place of either Edu or Harmse (Edu if he's too tired after the England match, or Harmse because he sucks). I don't think Carver will (or should) hand James a debut at CB during this match.

This lineup is frighteningly devoid of creativity, I doubt we are going to be in for showpiece match...

Ya know, just a few weeks ago, we'd be extremely happy to have this as our lineup because of Tebily and Ricketts

ensco
05-30-2008, 12:23 PM
With the guys missing and possibly Dichio out injured I think it is time to bunker down and hope for the odd counter attack. Perhaps go with the x-mas tree 4-3-2-1 and hope the speed up top can create a couple opportunities.

Velez----Tebily------Marshall----Dunivant
---Wynne------Edu---------Brennan----

James in for Marshall if he can't go and Brennan/Dunivant could be swapped.

I like the formation, but you've got Wynne and Velez playing out of posiiton. Tebily's played some MF, so I might try this....also I think the odds of Marshall being ready to go are low, in which case Harmse is in and Brennan goes back to CB

Wynne----Velez------Marshall----Dunivant
---Tebily------Edu---------Brennan----

Daveisonfire
05-30-2008, 12:51 PM
game time decision
You think he'd be listed on there as at least "probable" or something along those lines

stugautz
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe we can finally see some of Julius James tomorrow? Fingers crossed (even if it's only as a sub).

Broadview
05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
------------------------Cunny---------------------

------------------------Edu------------------------

-------Ricketts---------------------Smith------------

---------Rosenlund------------Tebily----------------------

---Brennan------Marshall/James-----Velez-----Wynne---

RYANTFC
05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
unfortunately the only good thing about cunny this season is the fact he was funny on tfc tv