PDA

View Full Version : TFC//Houston Trade in the Works!!

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 01:37 PM
http://dynamoplanet.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-houston-dynamo-toronto-fc

from Dynamo Planet.....

I hope its true!!

ginkster88
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Mo was unaware of Houston's discovery claim when he set his sights on this guy. Don't ask me why, but it just seems possible.

Shaughno
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Good news, Harmse or Velez? :lol:

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I wonder what we have to give up??

One guy wrote, "we'll take DeRo back!" HAHAHA LOL

Chevy
04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Probably Velez as Harmse is a Canadian.

Oldtimer
04-14-2009, 01:57 PM
For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Mo was unaware of Houston's discovery claim when he set his sights on this guy. Don't ask me why, but it just seems possible.

All discovery claims are filed with the league. You don't think Mo would look at the list? Ridiculous.

poppamidnight
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Good news, Harmse AND Velez? :lol:

....Fixed

LOL - but in all seriousness I think Velez + some minor allocation could suffice

There desperate for Defenders - and this guy wasn't on the radar for along time....this could be their one and only oppurtunity for the guy

Nuvinho
04-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Seriously tho, I hope its not Harmse or Velez (not because they are good), but we are giving away from a position where we need backups (Gold Cup - Serioux). I don't know, what would Mo give up in this kind of deal.

T_Mizz
04-14-2009, 02:04 PM
....Fixed

LOL - but in all seriousness I think Velez + some minor allocation could suffice

There desperate for Defenders - and this guy wasn't on the radar for along time....this could be their one and only oppurtunity for the guy
Not sure about that, you'd think if this guy is so good that they'll just sign him if they need defenders instead of trading him for our junk

FluSH
04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Can someone tell me how you get these discovery claims? I'm planning to go down to Peru and Brazil... possibly Chile as well.

If Toronto FC hires me... I'll put a discovery claim on everything that I see...

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Can someone tell me how you get these discovery claims? I'm planning to go down to Peru and Brazil... possibly Chile as well.

If Toronto FC hires me... I'll put a discovery claim on everything that I see...

There is only a certain amount of discovery claims a team can have at any one time, I think its 3 or 6....something like that...

Dale_Rojo
04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
honestly Brazil has soo much talent im sure you could get a superstar making low wages there out xD

bee dubya
04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Just because Houston also needs a defender does not mean that we'd trade a defender to them. Maybe Mo can dangle some allocation money at them or a draft pick... Maybe we trade them Johann Smith and they in turn trade him to someone else to get a defender in return... There's too many possibilities and only Mo knows what's going to happen.

backbeat
04-14-2009, 02:47 PM
according to the houston forum they don't need defenders - they feel they have more than enough - 9 out of their 24 are defenders.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
according to the houston forum they don't need defenders - they feel they have more than enough - 9 out of their 24 are defenders.

Very True! Good point!!

backbeat
04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
today they just signed the Canadian defender Hainault....

reggie
04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
i can see edwards going to houston..

Yohan
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
i can see edwards going to houston..
this makes sense, because Onstad is going to retire eventually

speaking of trades, Mo, work your magic and get Mullan too!
liked what I saw of this guy at right wing for Houston

Nuvinho
04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
They have 3 keepers on their roster right now.

Mo, pull off a Hainault and Perlaza deal!!

rocker
04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
All discovery claims are filed with the league. You don't think Mo would look at the list? Ridiculous.

definitely ridiculous!

it's not like TFC can sign the guy. MLS signs the guy. MLS informs the clubs who has discovery claims, since MLS has to allocate the player to the team in an administrative sense.

poppamidnight
04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Not sure about that, you'd think if this guy is so good that they'll just sign him if they need defenders instead of trading him for our junk

It might not be all that easy is what im saying

The reason he's not there could be he doesn't want Houston...
Afterall, they own his rights -
if he's on trial with us and not them then there's something up there...gotta be a reason for it afterall

And if we're the only team that's inquired thus far, then it appears to be there window to capitalize and get something for that asset

T_Mizz
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
It might not be all that easy is what im saying

The reason he's not there could be he doesn't want Houston...
Afterall, they own his rights -
if he's on trial with us and not them then there's something up there...gotta be a reason for it afterall

And if we're the only team that's inquired thus far, then it appears to be there window to capitalize and get something for that asset
True I completely forgot that he's a human being with his own wants and he can do what he wants:D

Yohan
04-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Did Mo offer this dude copious amounts of hookers and blow or something? :D

S_D
04-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I would imagine though that the clubs must have some input in the process as they have to deal with a salary cap. No point in signing the guy of teams can't afford him.

Yohan
04-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I would imagine though that the clubs must have some input in the process as they have to deal with a salary cap. No point in signing the guy of teams can't afford him.
so anyone have any idea how much allocation and cap space we've got left?

this team better produce this year... next year no more allocation to pull down cap space

S_D
04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere that we had 200K-250K left over.

I am just wondering how the heck we can afford this team next season with no allocation. Unless we finish out of the playoffs and get the you suck allocation cash. And in that case the team needs to be blown up anyways.

pray for a nice bump in the salary cap I guess.

rocker
04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
this team better produce this year... next year no more allocation to pull down cap space

hopefully next year the cap starts to go up by more than the usual little bit and it doesn't really matter.

i'm wondering when Garber is gonna start negotiations on the new CBA. There's gotta be some big changes coming.. the last CBA was signed before TFC, RSL, Chivas etc. lots of change since then.

Tezza
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd be ok with giving them Ricketts

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 04:01 PM
I would give up,

Edwards

Harmse

Velez

Ricketts

Barrett

i really dont give a flying crap anymore for NON PRODUCERS!! They all make me sick to my stomach!!

Plenty of Trout
04-14-2009, 04:07 PM
True I completely forgot that he's a human being with his own wants and he can do what he wants:D

Like studying for exams rather than posting on here right now?

Pachuco
04-14-2009, 04:12 PM
To be honest, this article has nothing new that we didn't know already. The guy is on trial, we know that. he's making an assumption that there may be a trade in the works because of that. So nothing more then MLSRumours and The Score already provided.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
To be honest, this article has nothing new that we didn't know already. The guy is on trial, we know that. he's making an assumption that there may be a trade in the works because of that. So nothing more then MLSRumours and The Score already provided.

Did you rain on the Easter Parade as well!!!??:mad:

rocker
04-14-2009, 04:34 PM
here's my guess... IF this dude signs, no player will go to Houston. It'll be either a draft pick or allocation or both. to me, that's the "market price" for a guy coming into MLS on a discovery claim.
Houston also signed Hainault already and that striker (both of whom are waiting to be able to play).

Remember, Huckerby got to San Jose for allocation and an INT spot.
not a discovery claim, but we got De Ro for allocation and a spare part (James) -- and this guy ain't no De Ro.
Conor Casey was traded from TFC to Colorado for a guy drafted in the supplemental draft and allocation.

Houston doesn't really have any leverage cuz if the guy doesn't want to sign with Houston, they get nothing.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
here's my guess... IF this dude signs, no player will go to Houston. It'll be either a draft pick or allocation or both. to me, that's the "market price" for a guy coming into MLS on a discovery claim.
Houston also signed Hainault already and that striker (both of whom are waiting to be able to play).

Remember, Huckerby got to San Jose for allocation and an INT spot.
not a discovery claim, but we got De Ro for allocation and a spare part (James) -- and this guy ain't no De Ro.
Conor Casey was traded from TFC to Colorado for a guy drafted in the supplemental draft and allocation.

Houston doesn't really have any leverage cuz if the guy doesn't want to sign with Houston, they get nothing.

Yup +1....I think this is very true! I guess we find out tmrw....??

Nuvinho
04-14-2009, 04:55 PM
What picks do we have next year?

1st - none
2nd - From Colorado, Do we have our own?
3rd - Our own
4th - Our own

Keegan
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Can you leaf fans please get off the computers? Velez?! The guy has NO trade value and shouldn't even be in the league. He should be sitting on Puerto Rico's bench. Just like the dumb leaf fans who for years thought they could get good players for Kilger, McCabe and Tucker.

billyfly
04-14-2009, 05:00 PM
^ I always love the outta the blue Leafs attack.

Go coach Newcastle and leave the order of the universe to us.

Whoop
04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I doubt it's possible but is there anywhere we could see which players teams have discovery claims against?

billyfly
04-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Probably only registered with the league office.

Shway
04-14-2009, 05:44 PM
I think were going to end up trading for the discovery claim for a draft pick, Mo is just going to give them what we got for Gregory Richardson, and that was a draft pick.

I don't think anything else

Jack
04-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Can you leaf fans please get off the computers? Velez?! The guy has NO trade value and shouldn't even be in the league. He should be sitting on Puerto Rico's bench. Just like the dumb leaf fans who for years thought they could get good players for Kilger, McCabe and Tucker.
Thanks for that brilliant contribution to the discussion :rolleyes:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if something gets worked out here.

That blog is just as speculative as anything we could come up with here, so I don't see why we're giving it this much credence.

And I do agree that Velez is not exactly desirable trade bait.

Pachuco
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Did you rain on the Easter Parade as well!!!??:mad:

Annnnd it looks like I was right ;) based on Jeffro's post in the other trade. No trade happening, no signing. Kill Mo...haha.

H Bomb
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
might wanna merge this with the other one now....our frustratingly correct buddy jeffro has nixed the whole thing

reggie
04-14-2009, 06:07 PM
MOstake by the lake strikes again....man he can't close deals...

TFCREDNWHITE
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Maybe he took one look at the Field Turf and said FUCK IT...

Batman
04-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Maybe he took one look at the Field Turf and said FUCK IT...

or the WEATHER!:(:(

napoli73
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
And I do agree that Velez is not exactly desirable trade bait.

Trade Bait??? He wouldn't even make good shark bait!

Shway
04-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Trade Bait??? He wouldn't even make good shark bait!

thats hillarious.....................:nono:

Corpand
04-14-2009, 09:08 PM
We better be getting Hainault somehow out of this....

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I would give up,

Edwards

Harmse

Velez

Ricketts

Barrett

i really dont give a flying crap anymore for NON PRODUCERS!! They all make me sick to my stomach!!

The only player whos job is safe is Frei's....everyone else in expendable..

CenturySam
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
The only player whos job is safe is Frei's....everyone else in expendable..

I'd say Dero, Brennan and Robinson are pretty safe as well.

The_Brace
04-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Fingers crossed, but I won't go full erection just yet.

Shaughno
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
You guys realize he went back to Ecuador right?

Whoop
04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
or the WEATHER!:(:(

Given that our climate can be similar to that of the UK, maybe it's easier to attract players from there than it is attracting players from other parts of the world? :noidea: