PDA

View Full Version : Where is he now? Welsh close to League 2

Oldtimer
04-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Bottom-of-the-table Cheltenham host Yeovil knowing that defeat will see them relegated from League One.
John Finnigan, only recently fit again after a hamstring injury, could be a doubt after he was forced off at half-time in the Robins' draw against Peterborough on Good Friday.
Striker Elvis Hammond also remains a doubt with the ankle problem that ruled him out at London Road.
Definitely absent are defenders Alan Wright (calf) and Gavin Caines, who remains a long-term injury victim with a knee problem.

Forwards Andy Welsh and Luke Rodgers will be hoping for recalls after substitute appearances against Millwall.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide2/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer_league_1_and_2/09/04/12/manual_114221.html&TEAMHD=nationwide2

Welsh riding the pine for a team that is one defeat away from League 2.

What did we ever see in him?

shaggingscot
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't care what he goes on to do or doesn't do, the fact that he went to a supporter's aid and told the police to let the lad go when he ran on the pitch makes him okay in my books.

He was a winger that unfortunately couldn't cross, he knew how he was supposed to play the position he just couldn't execute.

On a related note I'd love to see Jimmy playing wide left instead of at LB.

Shaughno
04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Cheltenham won 1-0 FWIW. Welsh came on as a sub in the 64th.

Agreed with SS as well.

Blizzard
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't care what he goes on to do or doesn't do, the fact that he went to a supporter's aid and told the police to let the lad go when he ran on the pitch makes him okay in my books.

He was a winger that unfortunately couldn't cross, he knew how he was supposed to play the position he just couldn't execute.

On a related note I'd love to see Jimmy playing wide left instead of at LB.

Agreed, agreed and agreed.

OK, Andy couldn't get the job done for us. We were disappointed. He tried his best and failed.

Is that any reason to hate him as some here seem to do?

B

James Oliphant
04-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Exactly Blizzard. There's not a single person who could dispute his work ethic with a straight face. He wanted to do well. It showed in every game he played. Sadly, it never quite came off for him.

He was a promising young winger, and he failed to live up to that promise. End of story.

nascarguy
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
he did good in the villa game that is why i give him a players banner. i still have it

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-15-2009, 03:45 AM
He was always a fav. of mine. The only ex-tfcer who I don't check up on every now and then and who I don't pull for is Ruiz.

Oldtimer
04-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Never disliked Welshy, didn't think he was the answer (although he IS good on corners), but it is sad to see how his career is ending up.

Debacle
04-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Man oh man ... what a love in for Welsh ... need some kleenex?

This is a guy who never clued in that soccer is a team sport ... he looked awesome at practices in front of his coaches and scouts but the minute the whistle blows...he blows. Seen so many players on this route ... great in practice and lost in games. This is one guy who is completely spaced out during game day.

His goal against Houston was never off his head by the way.

Welsh doesn't need help with his skills on the field, he needs to find someone to get him game ready and mentally prepared...a little red bull would help for this guy on game day. Buddy has no clue where he is on game day.

Fushida
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Man oh man ... what a love in for Welsh ... need some kleenex?

This is a guy who never clued in that soccer is a team sport ... he looked awesome at practices in front of his coaches and scouts but the minute the whistle blows...he blows. Seen so many players on this route ... great in practice and lost in games. This is one guy who is completely spaced out during game day.

His goal against Houston was never off his head by the way.

Welsh doesn't need help with his skills on the field, he needs to find someone to get him game ready and mentally prepared...a little red bull would help for this guy on game day. Buddy has no clue where he is on game day.

Geez.. feel good getting all that out? Was it worth it bringing a thread from a few days ago back to say this?!

Welsh was here, worked hard (unlike some), couldn't cut it, and isn't here anymore as a result. You're not the one paying his salary, so what's the big deal with the attitude? He's been gone for almost 2 years man, get over it. Just because he didn't do as well as he could have doesn't mean he doesn't deserve any sympathy.