PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Beer Bangers?

Cowboy905
04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Ok Guys,

I didn't want to post this but now i have to.

I made a full circle around the stadium on the home opener to find the beer bangers and couldn't find them.

I did it again last game and still couldn't find them.

Those things were delicious last year.

Where in the world are the Beer Bangers?

BFin
04-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Usually I take a girl home.
But I guess out in public is exciting.

Klinsmann
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Ok Guys,

I didn't want to post this but now i have to.

I made a full circle around the stadium on the home opener to find the beer bangers and couldn't find them.

I did it again last game and still couldn't find them.

Those things were delicious last year.

Where in the world are the Beer Bangers?

I think they were replaced by the Mac'N'Cheese nuggets

Cowboy905
04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
f*ck me!

i'm going to hunt down those goofs who did the taste test.

i blame them for replacing those great tasting bangers for some honky Mac n' Cheese balls.

can anyone confirm this?

Ultra & Proud
04-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Anybody tried those Mac & Cheese things? Any good? Worth the $$$?

Arnie Knows
04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I would say eat before the game and limit your drinks at the game as well ..

Prices are way too high and the team is sucking shit as well .. Stop lining the pockets of a sports mega mogul and reward them for yet another shit team in there proud company..

Pinkie
04-14-2009, 11:42 AM

tried them last game-they taste exactly how deep fried mac and cheese taste like-get some ketchup and you're set...HOWEVER..these things are HUGE and for 5$ you get four. And i could only stomach one!
they are located in section 127's food area!

Cowboy905
04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
^^^yep.

foolish move to replace the bangers with Kraft Dinner donuts in my opinion.

i'll be sneaking my food in from now on.

TFC Tifoso
04-14-2009, 11:51 AM
tried them last game-they taste exactly how deep fried mac and cheese taste like-get some ketchup and you're set...HOWEVER..these things are HUGE and for 5$ you get four. And i could only stomach one!
they are located in section 127's food area!

Place your order before the game......with some luck you will get them at halftime...

james
04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
i gave up buying stuff from the stadium, after half time the place is half empty cause everyone is still in the long line-ups and food and beers to exspensive anyways. Eat and drink before kickoff!

nfitz
04-14-2009, 02:35 PM
What I don't get is why you can't get food AFTER the game. Surely that's the time to enjoy a hot-dog or scotch egg!

Honestly, unless I'm there particularly early, or by some miracle I encounter someone selling some hot dogs with virtually no line (it does happen ...) that's when I'm going to be handing over $$$.

Hmm, is there food at the beer garden after the game, or is it just beer?

rocker
04-14-2009, 03:08 PM
What I don't get is why you can't get food AFTER the game. Surely that's the time to enjoy a hot-dog or scotch egg!

Honestly, unless I'm there particularly early, or by some miracle I encounter someone selling some hot dogs with virtually no line (it does happen ...) that's when I'm going to be handing over $$$.

i wouldn't mind a hot dog or something after the match.... i don't eat before the games since it's afternoon.. (I eat lunch at lunchtime.. can't wait til 3:30 to eat!)... but at the end of the match, it's about 6:10.. perfect time for something.

Klinsmann
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM

I loved the mac'n'cheese balls. They were excellent. Except I had to wait for 20 mins after paying for them. Hopefully they will figure out how to roll them out a bit faster.

Whitby_Girl
04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
i wouldn't mind a hot dog or something after the match.... i don't eat before the games since it's afternoon.. (I eat lunch at lunchtime.. can't wait til 3:30 to eat!)... but at the end of the match, it's about 6:10.. perfect time for something.

They are still serving hot dogs in the concourse by 110... we normally always grab a dog on the way out.

nfitz
04-14-2009, 08:55 PM
They are still serving hot dogs in the concourse by 110... we normally always grab a dog on the way out.Ah! I'd never noticed ... the main concessions on the west side always seem closed.

pepher
04-14-2009, 09:42 PM
section 104 area had some burrito thing. beef and it was spicy and, although it was $8 and change, it was pretty darn good. weighs about a pound and piping hot for 1/2 hour.

if you all are interested...

Mark in Ottawa
04-15-2009, 06:25 AM

No problem... tailgate before the game... Shoeless Joes afterwards!

Pardon my ignorance... what is a beer banger?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-15-2009, 06:33 AM
sausage wrapped in beer batter and deepfried

Steve
04-15-2009, 07:19 AM
I loved the mac'n'cheese balls. They were excellent. Except I had to wait for 20 mins after paying for them. Hopefully they will figure out how to roll them out a bit faster.

Haha, yep, me too. I got them before the game (I was there about an hour early) and they still took about 20 minutes to come. Oh well, for 5 bucks, they were a pretty good deal. I honestly couldn't finish all 4. I had 2, then gave the two people I go to games with one each. If they can figure out how to make these in a reasonable amount of time, I'll definitely get them again.

Redcoe15
04-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Was there an actual Nathan's Famous at the concourse?

rocker
04-15-2009, 05:34 PM

i just had a heart attack reading that description of a beer banger.

Mark in Ottawa
04-16-2009, 07:44 AM

Yumm....
In my day I think we called those Pogos ;) but I guess the intoduction of beer to the mix changes things.

druid
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Yumm....
In my day I think we called those Pogos ;) but I guess the intoduction of beer to the mix changes things.

Isn't a pogo a hot dog wrapped in corn batter?