PDA

View Full Version : Sorry it's long and opinionated

Snoop
04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I just wanted to add my two cents into our forum coffers about the start to our season. I know its not the start we were hoping for and that the effort displayed in some of our matches leaves much to be desired but it is not time to panic. Our play and the media taking the piss out of us has left some of the people on this forum jumpy, like prison bitch jumpy. We need to take a deep breath, circle the wagons and support our club. :hurray:

Before the season started, our beloved Dero asked for our patience because chemistry takes time to build. I believe wholeheartedly that we have a team with more quality than what we have seen thus far.

I also think it is completely ridiculous to suggest that Carver get sacked. WHO THE HELL fires a manager FOUR games into a season. We don’t want to become Newcastle although our gaffer is a Geordie. Sixteen managers in twenty years or something and What do they have to show for it? FUCK ALL. All signs point to Carver being a good man-manager, having the trust and respect of the players, which is paramount. For those knocking his tactics, lets be honest, the side and formation you would have chosen, wouldn’t have been much different then his. JC needs to consider a million things before picking his side and formation: opposition players and their formation, upcoming fixtures, internationals, injuries, effort in practice, chemistry in practice and the list goes on, so chill on the “he doesn’t know what he’s doing” shit. And I am absolutely certain that when we go on a decent winning streak, the line-up to give Mo and Carver blow-jobs will be as long as the BMO Field concessions.

Lastly, I want to talk about Vitti. Strikers need consistency and confidence. When you play twice in a month, you can’t expect him to be bloody Fernando Torres. He has great movement off the ball, all he needs is delivery from our midfield. I think in his two appearances the only time he received a decent pass was from Dichio and he buried it but “Ohhhhhh Fuck the Referee!”
Another thought, maybe we should get Colin Samuel to give Barrett his pie recipe because he was scoring when he was fat last year. :yum: He’s now in the best shape of his life and he couldn’t score in a whorehouse (I had to jack that quote).

If we are still playing like Derby county midway through the season, then by all means press the panic button, get DEFCON up in this bitch but until then fucking relax. Concerns are acceptable and deserved but panic at the fact that we are… gulp…. THREE points from the top of the table in the East is totally absurd.
:chillpill:

Remember that Manchester United were eleventh a month into the season and now everyone can eat a dick, not saying we’re United but even the best sometimes take time to get going. Furthermore, Hull City was top of the table at one point but now they might get relegated, I’m talking directly to their MLS equivalent, you know, the one with the stalker-rapist playing up front. :driving:

In Carver, We Trust.

Super
04-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Well said, Snoop. However, we're a passionate bunch, and we bitch, whine and moan because we care. That's a good thing. Truly, though, my only concern is that I really don't want to enter into another full season with a serious lack of goals. We have a great team, and we have capable strikers - at least on paper. But the fact that none of our strikers have been able to score a single goal in the first 4 games in a league such as ours is a bit of a concern to me. This could all end on Sunday when we face Dallas, but until then we will all address our concerns vocally - because that is what supporters do.

But yes, I agree. In Carver, We Trust!!!

Cashcleaner
04-14-2009, 01:46 AM
I agree with what your saying, but here's the thing. It's one thing to play up against an opponent on your level or better and lose after giving it a good effort. The world would be pretty boring if we won every game without having to break a sweat. That's an attitude that I believe most people understand and agree with. However, it becomes a completely different matter when a team is performing well below expectations with no desire to change and little initiative to play quality soccer.

I'm not saying that's the scenario that we're seeing now. Last year and before I think there was a definite problem with certain individuals simply not putting in the effort they should have, though I think the problems so far this season are more to do with tactics, formation, and overall skill or technique.

In any case, we're only 4 games into the season. I'm not sweating just yet.

TFC John
04-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Lastly, I want to talk about Vitti. Strikers need consistency and confidence. When you play twice in a month, you can’t expect him to be bloody Fernando Torres.

I seem to recall a period last year (07-08) when Fernando Torres was only playing a couple of games a month. Everyone still expected him to be "bloody Fernando Torres." :p :)

trane
04-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Nobody, exept for Giambianc says fire the manager now. Me and others do say, that at some point, I say 10 games, some say 15, some say July/August, if we are still talking about could have, should have but did not, then the time form making the change may have come. I do not want to sit through a full season of crap and keep on providing excuses. It is four games. We won in Kansas, looked ok in my view. We drew in Columbus, and looked poor. We were outclassed by a first year team on our home pitch. We drew a team that was 0-3 on our home pitch, that most who oppose analytical analyses of what is happening to TFC said we would dominate. We have one Striker who starts every game but who does not score, and seems to limit the overall potential of our offense, Harmse is our starting CB. The team is not looking great or consistent on the pitch. Are we going to sit by idealy all season and see a repeat of seasons one and two. I will not I love this team, and I will not sit an make excuses. Yes it is too early now, but lets not pretend everything is hunky dory. As I keep on saying I like Carver and I hope he succeds. Mo has produced mix results if his work is examined move by move, although I think mostly positive. However, he has failed to but a winning side on the pitch, and has consistently failed to addres key needs of the team, despite some other good moves. I love DD, and for my money he is our top proven striker. I think Vitti could be great, and I would want to see them play together. However, DD is getting old, and is injury prone, so clearly we need a big time striker to lead us beyond this season. A DP has been talked about since year one, and while I am not all about a DP, a good one would be usefull. A CB is a must.

Someone has said that all MLS rosters are inperfect, full of incomplete players, and after watching for two plus years, this is clearly the case, if DD had pace he would not be here for example. Good managment is able to put a winning team on the field despite these inperfections. You adapt systems and play to what you have, and do not have excuses. Carver does not make to many excuses. He is passionate, and is trying to bring a style of game that I would like to see in the MLS. I trully hope that he succeeds, but the time for him to succeed has come. Overwise we will loss another season. I do not understand why so many find this line of thinking offensive.

VPjr
04-14-2009, 06:38 AM
^ Fire the manager now..had to say it

ok, not now...but if the team isn't solidly in playoff contention by the midway point of the season, a head or two (Mo's preferably) has to roll.

We've only played 1 pretty good game out of 4. JC doesn't play the game on the field but the buck will ultimately stop there. The team is a mish mash of ill fitting parts and that is Mo's fault. As Sean Keay pointed out on U-Sector, you can't afford to have almost 1million worth of players sitting on the bench to start a match in MLS (Sutton, DD, Ricketts, Vitti, Jo. Smith, Velez and Nana). We have a striker who can't score goals, a moderately talented central mid being awkwardly transitioned into a CB and a winger in Ricketts who continues to disappoint. Barett can be benched, which is the right thing to do IMO. Harmse can be replaced by the new Ecuadorian. What do they do with Ricketts? Cronin hasn't shown me enough to make me think he is a solution out wide on the right. Something has to be done. We don't have a lot of pieces and the pressure is on JC to find a formula that works

I'll never be one of those "in carver we trust" guys. I really don't know how anyone can be that devoted to the guy (he had no track record as a manager to cling to prior to arriving here). However, my scorn will always be heaped first and foremost on Mo. I'm biased...i can't stand the guy and I wish he had never been let loose in this city.