PDA

View Full Version : toronto fc tickets?

kancell
04-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Hey guys, first post here, hello to you all! I'm from Dundee in Scotland, and support my local team Dundee United, who for once are getting the ball down and playing some decent football...... and are even giving Rangers and Celtic a run for their money in recent matches.

I perhaps didnt appreciate how much all you guys were into Soccer, but after reading a few threads i'm very impressed by your worldwide soccer knowledge and how keen you all are! Although i do reckon Barry Ferguson would still walk into any MLS team and do a good job! ;)

Anyway, I'm coming to Canada this Summer for a holiday and to have a look around a few areas to see if I fancy moving here. Planning to spend 4 days in Toronto, 10 days in Ottawa, 4 days in Montreal and 3 days in Quebec City.

It just so happens that whilst we are in Toronto on the 18th of July, the Houston Dynamo are in town! So my questions are: are the dynamos a regular or premium match? how/where can i get hold of tickets and when are they normally released? Also, i dont want to spend a fortune on tickets, no more than $55, so where would be the best stand in the price region be?

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/tickets/2009/09_seating_map.gif

cheers for all your help guys!

JDG
04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi kancell. Welcome to the forum.
I always enjoy hearing an outside perspective from our friends in the UK.
The game v Houston on July 18th is not a premium game, so seating in the stands will range from $23 in the South End, to $180 in the Club seats. Field side seating is of course, priced even higher.
With a cap set at $55, there are lots of good seats to choose from, but your selection should be based on what you want your game day experience to be.
If you are accustomed to standing, and making noise all game, you want to be in the South East corner, or the North East corner.
As you can see from the seating chart that you posted, the Supporters sections (standing), are 110(rows 20-32 only), 111, 112-118, 119, and 127.
Tickets in these sections are $23-$25 each. These are some of the toughest tickets to get.
There isn't really a bad seat in the stadium, so if you are looking at seats in a sitting section, just look at the pricing chart, and grab what you can get. My preferences would be the sections closest to the supporters, so you are getting the full atmosphere.
Are you looking for a pair or a single?
Keep an eye on the Ticket Trader forum to see what comes up.

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Exactly what JDG said. To purchase these tickets, your best bet is to just wait up a bit and buy them off RPB member who's selling them on this forum. He'll email you the tickets and you'll pay by EMT/Paypal. You'll get the best prices from here!

gmacpheetfc
04-13-2009, 09:04 AM
If your still around in toronto by the 28th Champions League qualifying would probably be the easiest and your best bet.

kancell
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
hey guys, thanks for your replies.

in my teens, i used to sit behind the goals and enjoy the singing etc. however nowadays i prefer to sit somewhere in the upper tiers, fairly close to the centre line. i'm going to be with the girlfriend as well, so some women friendly seats will be needed ha ha! so would i be better in the gate 2 or gate 4 stand?

i'm afraid i wont be in toronto for the 28th, we'll be in ottawa, but i'll try and catch the game on tv.

so is there a dedicated forum for ticket exchange, and i take it you just pay the list price? i've never heard of emailing tickets before, over here it still has to be an official ticket. i take it theres a barcode or something on the tickets that allows you just to swipe into the ground?

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 10:35 AM
hey guys, thanks for your replies.

in my teens, i used to sit behind the goals and enjoy the singing etc. however nowadays i prefer to sit somewhere in the upper tiers, fairly close to the centre line. i'm going to be with the girlfriend as well, so some women friendly seats will be needed ha ha! so would i be better in the gate 2 or gate 4 stand?

i'm afraid i wont be in toronto for the 28th, we'll be in ottawa, but i'll try and catch the game on tv.

so is there a dedicated forum for ticket exchange, and i take it you just pay the list price? i've never heard of emailing tickets before, over here it still has to be an official ticket. i take it theres a barcode or something on the tickets that allows you just to swipe into the ground?

Hey mate. In your case I'd say you're better off with the gate 4 stands. Also you can get tickets from us, from craigslist (more expensive), from u-sector, from ebay or from TFC themselves. You decide. :p

Also e-tickets have barcodes on them, don't worry they work lol. Good luck getting those tickets mate!

Daveisonfire
04-13-2009, 10:38 AM
OT: Chris Pozniak plays for Dundee doesn't he lol

rocker
04-13-2009, 10:41 AM

ya, season ticket holders get this ticket poster (very nice, can be framed) and if one doesn't want to ruin it by breaking up the tickets, we can print electronic versions on any printer and they scan the barcode at the gate. Never had a problem with it. It's also great if you can't attend.. you can forward the PDF file of the ticket to a friend, who can print it out and head down for scanning.

If you find a trustworthy season ticket holder (such as any of the moderators of this board), they could help you out. All season ticket holders have access to the private "ticket trader" system. If a STH can't attend, they might sell their tickets (that PDF file) on the system. Another STH can buy those tickets, and they issue a new PDF with a new barcode, killing the original ticket's validity. So surely you could find seats that way too..someone would just either print them for you, or email you the PDF for printing. there's always somebody selling.

MFBODD
04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I can't resist posting this pic, because I love how close the two clubs play:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/521/tanagu5.png

kancell
04-13-2009, 11:13 AM

he signed (although i dont know if he gets a game) for Dundee in the Scottish First Division, but my team are Dundee United who play in the Scottish Premier League, confusing i know!

you wouldnt believe it, but even their stadiums are located on the same street and you can almost throw a stone from one to the other! its the closest footballing rivalry in the world, although dundee were relegated approx 4 years ago so we havent played each other for a while!

kancell
04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
ah, beaten to it by MFBODD, brilliant eh!

MFBODD
04-13-2009, 11:17 AM
ah, beaten to it by MFBODD, brilliant eh!
hehe... sorry about that! When I read where you are from I just had to post that pic. It's amazing!

shaggingscot
04-13-2009, 11:19 AM
he signed (although i dont know if he gets a game) for Dundee in the Scottish First Division, but my team are Dundee United who play in the Scottish Premier League, confusing i know!

you wouldnt believe it, but even their stadiums are located on the same street and you can almost throw a stone from one to the other! its the closest footballing rivalry in the world, although dundee were relegated approx 4 years ago so we havent played each other for a while!

My uncle's supports the diddy club and yes Chris gets a game with them.

Good to see another United supporter on the board!

I'll PM you later this week but I should be able to get you some tickets along the sides.

Mon the Arabs!

tupalev
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
All season ticket holders have access to the private "ticket trader" system. If a STH can't attend, they might sell their tickets (that PDF file) on the system. Another STH can buy those tickets, and they issue a new PDF with a new barcode, killing the original ticket's validity.I took a quick look on the ticket exchange program just now and there are only singles available for this game. But as the game gets closer, there will be better availability for sure. Although so far this year, the tickets available on there tend to be pricier ($55+), especially for pairs.

The ticket trader forum here would definitely be the best bet, but I'll keep an eye on the season ticket holder ticket exchange list to see what pops up if you are still looking as the game gets closer.

Enjoy your trip and the game!

kancell
04-13-2009, 11:38 AM
guys, thats spot on, thanks very much for all your kind help!

shaggingscot, its often hard enough to find more united supporters in Dundee as everybody supports the old firm nowadays, so i assume you dont come across many in Ontario?! ha ha. That would be great if you could PM me and let me know how you get on. As an aside, did you used to live in Dundee? If so, how have you found the move over the pond?

Brooker
04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
grab some pints at the klep!

Red Rat
04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, first post here, hello to you all! I'm from Dundee in Scotland......

Anyway, I'm coming to Canada this Summer for a holiday and to have a look around a few areas to see if I fancy moving here. Planning to spend 4 days in Toronto, 10 days in Ottawa, 4 days in Montreal and 3 days in Quebec City.

cheers for all your help guys!
I want to help you!!!!
what are you doing in Ottawa for 10 days?? all you need is two.
That should help you spend a few extra days in Toronto.

Ottawa for 10 days ouch.

EastYork
04-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I want to help you!!!!

Ottawa for 10 days ouch.
I was thinking the same exact thing. 2 or 3 days max is all you need to spend in Ottawa.

Jeffro
04-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I should be able to help you out. I'll talk to a buddy tonight, and I'll PM you later

Redpunkfiddle
04-13-2009, 01:03 PM

The Poz plays for the Impact now.

shaggingscot
04-13-2009, 01:24 PM
The Poz plays for the Impact now.

When did that happen, he was on the subs bench on the weekend for Dundee??

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/match?id=244263&league=SCO.2&cc=5901

kitchener-TFC
04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Don't forget to pick up a scraf while you're here....and show all of your friends. :p

kancell
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I want to help you!!!!

Ottawa for 10 days ouch.

hey, free accomodation..... can't be bad! my girlfriend spent some time there a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! i'm aware its not as big and perhaps brash as the likes of Toronto and that suits me fine. the city i currently live in only has a population of approx 150 000 people, and its more than big enough for me so Ottawa will hopefully also suit me fine! if not im also hoping to have a look around missisauga, hamilton, kitchener as well as montreal, and possibly nova scotia and new brunswick the following year so i should find somewhere i like eventually!

Carter
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
MTL >:(

lmao..

July 18, Vs Houston... Ill hook you up, its gunna cost you a scarf though....

;)

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
my girlfriend spent some time there a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it!

Get rid of her.

Red Rat
04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Nothing is free anymore, be careful....
There is a hidden agenda there, make sure that you read the fine print!!!
well have fun for long ten days make sure that you use one to visit The Canadian Museum of Civilization.

ten days in Ottawa, who would have thought that is was possible.

kancell
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
i've considered it on more than one occasion lol

right how about a scarf trade, i'll bring a united scarf in exchange for TFC one!

shaggingscot
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
hey, free accomodation..... can't be bad! my girlfriend spent some time there a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! i'm aware its not as big and perhaps brash as the likes of Toronto and that suits me fine. the city i currently live in only has a population of approx 150 000 people, and its more than big enough for me so Ottawa will hopefully also suit me fine! if not im also hoping to have a look around missisauga, hamilton, kitchener as well as montreal, and possibly nova scotia and new brunswick the following year so i should find somewhere i like eventually!

If you're looking for something like back home then I'd suggest the east coast. Avoid Mississauga and Brampton at all costs! I haven't spent much time in Hamilton so I can't comment too much on that.

Montreal is a nice place to visit I wouldn't want to live there though, my liver would be gone within the year! Too much night life and pretty french ladies.

shaggingscot
04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Get rid of her.

Maybe she's a civil servant??? That would explain it....

rocker
04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
well if you do move to Canada permanently the only reasonable place to live is somewhere within short driving distance of BMO Field :)

Red Rat
04-13-2009, 01:50 PM

right how about a scarf trade, i'll bring a united scarf in exchange for TFC one!
For a minute I thought that you are trading your girlfriend for a Scarf...

Carter
04-13-2009, 01:51 PM
For a minute I thought that you are trading your girlfriend for a Scarf...

Thats what i thought as well, i was almost excited!

Joking joking. :rolleyes:

Carter
04-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Sounds good, I'm down with that trade, come to the tailgate and ask for Carter.

I'll hook you up with tickets if you still need them, They are in 126, so they are gf safe.... Not so much Midfield, but Northend, but we can take care of you.

kancell
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
ha ha ace! good to see the sense of humour isnt any different with you Americans ;)

Red Rat
04-13-2009, 01:55 PM
ha ha ace! good to see the sense of humour isnt any different with you Americans ;)

hahahah I forgot we are Americans without money...

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Americans!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

kancell
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
ooooooo a bite in only 1 minute, must be a record! ;)

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:58 PM
ooooooo a bite in only 1 minute, must be a record! ;)

If you ever call me an American again......... :D

Sonny Cheeba
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
weeeey another United supporter!

my parents are dundonian, ken?

my dad's a bit of a tit when it comes to football support, he's supporting the dee.

sounds like you'll have no problem getting tickets. we should grab a pint before the match, i've yet to have one with shaggingscot either!

i wonder if the new kits will be out by the time you come across.

kancell
04-13-2009, 02:09 PM
jeez, i struggle to find any united supporters in dundee as everyone supports the old firm, so i'm amazed that there a few coming out of the woodwork on here..... ken!

i'm definitely up for a scottish/canadian meet before the match to get the lowdown on the MLS and canada in general. orders can also be taken for any dundee united/scottish memorabilia lol!

Carter
04-13-2009, 02:12 PM
jeez, i struggle to find any united supporters in dundee as everyone supports the old firm, so i'm amazed that there a few coming out of the woodwork on here..... ken!

i'm definitely up for a scottish/canadian meet before the match to get the lowdown on the MLS and canada in general. orders can also be taken for any dundee united/scottish memorabilia lol!

We are Supporters United ;)