PDA

View Full Version : TFC supporter Rally!

Dale_Rojo
04-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, i might have got off to a kind of controversial start here BUT. i would love to see all the TFC supporters have a huge TFC rally in the summer @ Dundas square! after all it is public space and you can apply for a permit to have an occasion there . what a better way to premote tfc and the Sg's :canada: and show the tdot what supporting tfc is about ?

Heathen
04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
That would be a long march down to BMO, amybe we should ask for one of our away games to be televised on the screens

Parkdale
04-12-2009, 03:50 PM
generally groups of people in dundas / nathan phillips square are protesting something.
unless we have some cause or purpose, I don't really see the point.
Let the team do their own marketing if they want to spread the word.
We'll just keep doing what we do down at BMO.

Keyman
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah I remember talking with some people last year about the possibility of everyone gathering in the summer to watch a game at Dundas Square if we could get it put up on the big screen.

Markham_RPB
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
generally groups of people in dundas / nathan phillips square are protesting something.

Agreed !

Dale_Rojo
Yeah I remember talking with some people last year about the possibility of everyone gathering in the summer to watch a game at Dundas Square if we could get it put up on the big screen.

YESS thats more like it :canada:

Dale_Rojo
Agreed !
what about an away game on a big screen?:cool:

Dale_Rojo
04-12-2009, 03:53 PM
cough cogugh* We wouldnt be marketing tfc ;)

Azerban
04-12-2009, 04:01 PM

this would rule too hard for school

i will flip some people off and push over a granny so as to make sure i am not positively participating in any marketing synergy paradigms

Parkdale
04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
next issue: watch a TFC game in a place that doesn't sell beer? pass.

I'm thinking this year we can move a TV out to the patio at Joe's, and enjoy an afternoon away game on the patio. Now that's an idea most people can get behind.

Dale_Rojo
04-12-2009, 04:29 PM

I'm thinking this year we can move a TV out to the patio at Joe's, and enjoy an afternoon away game on the patio. Now that's an idea most people can get behind.

i wonder if , it was a sealed off event if we couls simply bring our own , see the whole point of this would be to get the SG's image out there and show the happy , good people we are. like it or not the Media trashed us , and that changed alot of opinions.:canada:

SuckerTash
04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
this would rule too hard for school

i will flip some people off and push over a granny so as to make sure i am not positively participating in any marketing synergy paradigms

You're blue-sky thinking on high ROI deliverables.

nick.mastro
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
watching a game outside during the day at dundas square on the big screen would be amazinggggggggg!

fiji_blue
04-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Away game Rally at Dundas Sq. sounds like a great idea especially if it is critical for points to make the play-offs...

FluSH
04-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Yup,

I can see the media spin on this... Hooligans meet to protest. I think I will pass... if we ever make it to the playoffs I expect a large majority of us to take a Line of Credit and go! plain and simple.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 07:09 PM
If we make the playoffs, then we do this! :D

MUFC_Niagara
04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't need beer to watch football, I hardly ever drink at BMO anyway! I'd be in!

Parkdale
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't need beer either, but I do need a point. Just standing around dundas square 'to raise awareness' seems pointless to me. For an away viewing, I'd rather watch it in the comfort of our home bar, or even from my couch, instead of putting myself on display in a public square.

Parkdale
04-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't need beer either, but I do need a point. Just standing around dundas square 'to raise awareness' seems pointless to me. For an away viewing, I'd rather watch it in the comfort of our home bar, or even from my couch, instead of putting myself on display in a public square.

Mark in Ottawa
04-13-2009, 09:21 AM

But ya gotta admit... Nathan Phillips could make for an interesting tailgate :rolleyes:

apetimberlake
04-13-2009, 10:05 AM

I know a tonne of places on St Clair that will do that for us with a huge patio, big screen, good food, beer, and some nice eye candy on the street.

grimm
04-13-2009, 10:36 AM

Maybe 2 tv's? :D

Roogsy
04-13-2009, 10:37 AM

Yeah...not really sure what the point of a rally at Dundas would be at this point.

I kind of like 125s idea of watching a game there though. Of course...i would probably expect a large police presence. LOL!

Parkdale
04-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Maybe 2 tv's? :D

let's call it 3 and be done with it.

grimm
04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
"yup, fuck the sun, I hate it too"... You found my spot ;)

Sonny Cheeba
04-13-2009, 10:41 AM
i think that watching an away game at dundas square would be good.... maybe the Adidas Store can help push for it.

watching it on a patio can be done any time of the year, but bringing our chants to a central location like that would be great.

there's also a jack astors there. maybe they can set up a beer garden for those who are desperate for a pint or two.

Dale_Rojo
04-13-2009, 04:32 PM
i think that watching an away game at dundas square would be good.... maybe the Adidas Store can help push for it.

watching it on a patio can be done any time of the year, but bringing our chants to a central location like that would be great.

there's also a jack astors there. maybe they can set up a beer garden for those who are desperate for a pint or two.
yeah , that's more like it .... who said the dundas square has to be used for protests?? I have been to many Festivals there , and i assure you they heavily outweigh the small amount of protests ....

RealG-TFC
04-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Watching a Canada Gold Cup game at Y&D would be win. Canada needs it more.

RealG-TFC
04-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Watching a Canada Gold Cup game at Y&D would be win. Canada needs it more.

It could be like this.

But instead of it being in the name of Saint Fermin it's for Canadian footy and instead of it marking the beginning of the San Fermin Festival it is marking the beginning of the Gold Cup and instead of everyone watching the mayor, it's a big tv screen and instead of the people having red handkerchiefs they are Canadian flags (I'm sure there ill be plenty of leftovers form Canada Day).

:canada:

kZZYCHr2Mlk