PDA

View Full Version : Onward! - A disappointing draw

Ben Knight
04-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Chad Barrett, anyone?

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/04/12/a-disappointing-draw/ (http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/04/12/a-disappointing-draw/)

wzhxvy
04-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Good article Ben, but please do not give Mo credit for concocting the DeRo trade. You know that DeRo asked to be traded, so lets not make it as if MO went out and got him through any strategic intent...he was gifted.

"concocted by Johnston’s two marquee off-season signings"

TorCanSoc
04-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Man. I wonder if the guys read the boards. I feel Barrett I really do. But brother man.... just sink one! In Toronto "to Cunningham" is a verb.... you best avoid it Chad.

He's got his bread and butter, a deceptively hard shot, turn and shoot in an 18 yard box full of players, somehow manages to get through handcuffing the goalie. Do that my man, keep doing that!

Carts
04-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Ben points out in his article that Toronto was outshot, guess what TORONTO NEEDS TO SHOOT MORE!!!!

We take the play to them, but are outshot. That's not our defence giving that up - its our strikers and attacking midfield refusal to shoot the damn ball...

This happened last year - and is happening again.

SHOOT FOR GODSAKES!

Frei was forced to dive all over the net to keep the ball out. Our opponents keepers see 4 odd shots a game and are well rested for the big saves when needed...

Make the opposing tender work - YOU CAN'T SCORE IF YOU DON'T PUT IT ON NET!

A rebound or corner is better than an extra two passes and nothing at net from the top of the box..

Its frustrating as hell sometimes... I'm getting sick of yelling "...HIT IT!!!!..."

Carts...

BuSaPuNk
04-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Nice article Ben. I see what Carver was trying to do with Barrett to get himself to try and believe in himself to pot one. He had his chances, and didn't get anything. It's time to bring in Dichio and Vitti. And really I'm not convinced of Vitti either.