PDA

View Full Version : Lineup next week @ Dallas

Nuvinho
04-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Once again a weekly thread on the lineup for the following week.

I was pretty happy with the lineup and the way we played. I know many will be calling for Barrett to move to the bench, and Vitti going in. But, it seems Carver is going to give Barrett another chance from his press conference. Could this be the FIRST time we have an unchanged lineup??

----------------------------Frei--------------------------

Wynne---------Serioux-------------Harmse-------Brennan

---------------------------Robbo------------------------

Cronnin----------------------------------------------Ibbe

--------------------------Guevara------------------------

--------------------DeRo---------------------------------

------------------------------Barrett---------------------

Bloor West FC
04-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I like Ibbe he had some threat out there. Cronnin was excellent. Its time for Robbo and Guevara to speed things up a bit :) And if Barrett can score a goal it will, well be nice :)

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 09:59 AM

I was pretty happy with the lineup and the way we played. I know many will be calling for Barrett to move to the bench, and Vitti going in. But, it seems Carver is going to give Barrett another chance from his press conference. Could this be the FIRST time we have an unchanged lineup??

Wynne---------Serioux-------------Nana-------Brennan

Cronin-------------------------------------------------Ibbe

------------------------------Vitti---------------------

There, I fixed it for you.

Nuvinho
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I noticed that Nana was on the subs bench.......so could be likely he gets some 1st team action.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I am happy people are finally coming over to choosing Frei over Sutton.

tfc
04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
the barrett vs vitti decision is kind of tricky. vitti will probably do well if put in, but on the flip side, if carver starts favouring him barrett will be crushed. once barrett bags a goal or two and gets over it, i would expect to see carver start giving vitti more time.

Either that or carver just tells barrett he isnt cutting it, make him stand in front of a net and try and score 1000000x times until he gets it haha

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 11:08 AM

Yes, that is good,. But how come no one wants to start Dichio?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2009, 11:15 AM
because Dichio isnt starting.
Frei certainly earned the starting position last game.
I would like to see Vitti start instead of Barrett this game but im not certain itll happen

ensco
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Enough pussyfooting around.
I WANT THE BEST ELEVEN ON THE FIELD!!!

Wynne---------Serioux-------------Robbo-------Brennan

---------------------------Cronin------------------------

Vitti----------------------------------------------Ibbe

--------------------DeRo--------Dichio--------------

OneLoveOneEric
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I think a lineup and formation must be chosen and stuck with. Our players aren't good enough to handle chopping and changing every week. They need to know their position and role, and get good at doing it every week. Whatever Carver is going to stick with, he'd better pick it soon.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I think a lineup and formation must be chosen and stuck with. Our players aren't good enough to handle chopping and changing every week. They need to know their position and role, and get good at doing it every week. Whatever Carver is going to stick with, he'd better pick it soon.

i agree with that too, i think its a matter of finding the right line up.
I honestly dont think what we saw yesterday was quite it. I dont think its quite over yet

egoodwin
04-12-2009, 11:41 AM

Wynne---------Serioux-------------Velez-------Brennan

Cronin----------------------------------------------Ibrahim

Probably Dichio around 65'

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
I suspect the above (egoodwins post) is what we will see next time

TFC07
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Enough pussyfooting around.
I WANT THE BEST ELEVEN ON THE FIELD!!!

Wynne---------Serioux-------------Robbo-------Brennan

---------------------------Cronin------------------------

Vitti----------------------------------------------Ibbe

--------------------DeRo--------Dichio--------------

Vitti is a striker! Also, I don't know if Dichio is healthy enough to play 90 mins or even 60 mins.

rocker
04-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Vitti needs to get in somehow. I like a triangle up top of Guevara, De Ro, and Vitti, although I'm still willing to give Barrett more time. But those first three I mentioned will work well off each other, in my opinion.

I'd also like the weather to warm up ;) I still think Amado has always looked better when the temps get hot.. in the cold, with his cute gloves in, he looks a bit less effective.

ensco
04-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Vitti is a striker! Also, I don't know if Dichio is healthy enough to play 90 mins or even 60 mins.

Cronin is a DM! Doesn't seem to bother you that Cronin's being used in a more out-of-position role than I'm suggesting for either Robbo or Vitti.

Good strikers can play wide. There are plenty of examples. Dozens of guys in Europe make this move back and forth, including the biggest stars.

As for Dichio's "health", seriously, where is this coming from? He helped mgmt sell his reduced role and the pay cut, but all that means is that he's a good guy. I'm sick of these ridiculous assertions about Dichio's fitness. Dichio is injury-prone, but healthy.

If anyone thinks Barrett should be in for Ibbe, fine by me, btw....

Also, where did the Edu money go?

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Then he should be collecting his pension and not burdening our salary cap.

DD is the best forward we have. He's better than Barrett who doesnt seem to be able to go more than sixty minutes either. He's better than Vitti and Ibbe who just don't have the experience to adapt to physical games.

I'll say it again. If Dichio can't go sixty minutes he should be OFF THE SQUAD!

Otherwise, why aren't we starting him?

FluSH
04-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Vitti on bench once again? If it happens this board will go nuts... I think highly of Barrett but I think coming off the bench would be best.

egoodwin
04-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Vitti on bench once again? If it happens this board will go nuts... I think highly of Barrett but I think coming off the bench would be best.
Barrett has had his chance, and he's not made the most of it, time for him to be replaced by Vitti...

BuSaPuNk
04-12-2009, 02:22 PM

---Cronin----------------Robbo-------------Guevara

-----------------------DeRo------------------------

--------------------Vitti--------Dichio--------------

I think Harmse has showed that he should be on the bench period. Velez has earned his shot. He played well in Columbus. Having DeRo playing behind Vitti and Dichio should give him some freedom and have some chances that he will be unmarked. Barrett can be thrown in around the 75 minute.( If Dichio can last....I think he can)

trane
04-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I love doing this, but then Carver seems to be looking at a different team game then me, so what is the point. Otherwise Dichio and Vitti would be in there. I agree with your player I would line them up like this, but then this is also old news.

-----------Cronin---------Guevara----------Robbo------

--------------------Vitti-------------DeRo------------------------

---------------------------Dichio--------------

That is how Ancelloti would line them up, but he only won three champions leagues, what does he know.

rocktml
04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
VITTI PEOPLE!!!! Come on

Dale_Rojo
04-12-2009, 02:36 PM

for the love of god , WHY why why why why do you consider Barrett in the lineup VItti earned the start yesterday , Carver had no right putting barrett in there.... Barrett played like shit against Seattle , Vitti was our only glimpse of hope....

Oldtimer
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Most of you know that I don't make decisions based on just a game or two, I like to see trends over time. But Frei is the "real deal." While he still is lacking some experience, and Sutton is great on stopping FK/PK's, I believe that Frei will develop over the next couple of years into one of the best 'keepers in the league.

Calm, collected (even under pressure), great duistribution, he has what it takes to become really good between the pipes. He is a complete package, unlike Edwards, who is stronger than Sutton in distribution, but weaker in everything else.

You'll never read it from giambac or pachuco, but Frei was a great draft pick by Mo, and he's only going to get better.

trane
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
^ I got to give it to Mo, Frei, and for me Cronin, have looked great. Mo has brought some tallent in, my problem has been what looks like the failure to put a complete team. I hope I am proven wrong.

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 03:30 PM

How can you not.

The kid is a phenom. Expect to see him in a Switzerland shirt before long, given that the country doesn't exactly have a rich pedigree and history of quality keepers.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
For the first half this line up:

Frei

Harmse - Serioux

Wynne - Robinson - Brennan

Cronin - Guevara - Ricketts

De Rosario

Dichio

We play low balls down the sides/wings to Cronin and Ricketts. Guevara can help spread the ball and then the wingers (Cronin and Ricketts) put in crosses to Dichio (has size advantage) and De Rosario (who can definitely jump). Therefor Danny's size and playing style will physically get Dallas' defenders tired.

In the second half we make a couple of substitutions making this our line up:

Frei

Harmse - Serioux

Wynne - Robinson - Brennan

Cronin - Guevara

De Rosario

Vitti - Barrett

We take out Ricketts and Dichio and bring in Barrett and Vitti. Since Dichio tired the CB/CB's out Vitti and Dichio can use their speed to their advantage against tired CB's. We move the ball through the middle and play many through balls and use our strikers' speed. We leave our final substitution for injuries, cards, tactical decisions etc.

What do you guys think?

jabbronies
04-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Frei

Wynne - ??? - Serioux - Brennan

Robinson - Cronin - Ibbe

De Rosario - Guevara

Dichio

I don't like Cronin playing out on the wings, he looks lost out there and he always ends up in the middle of the field anyways.

I put Robbo on the same side as wynne because at least Robbo can cover up when wynne is out of position

I don't know who to put at CB. It doesn't really matter at this point, no matter who they are from our team, they'll probably fuck it up.

Dichio up front playing it off the Guevera and De Rosario - should work as long as both of these guys stay on thier own side of the pitch.

Guevera on the same side as Ibbe. If they work together they could be lethal, however, I'm not sure how good of a mentor Guevara would be for Ibbe, could totally backfire, in that case, put De Rosario on the same side as Ibbe see how that works.

Calvin
04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Im tired of these stupid lineups that get us nothing but more numbers in the L column.

Edwards

Gomez - Velez

Ricketts (C) - Smith - Gala

Cronin - Harmse

Attakora

Ibrahim - White

poppamidnight
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
My Desired:

Wynne---------Serioux-------------Nana-------Brennan

What Carver will give us:

I just can't see us starting barrett no more. if you want to help him "rebuild" that confidence, it's best to bring him on as a sub when the opposition has tired legs so he can run wild

Crazy Canuck
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM

Wynne------------------Serioux-------------------Brennan

Cronnin----------------------Barret-------------------smith

--------------------Abdus---------------------------------

------------------------------Dero---------------------

Complete Change but I think Harmse is more usefull to an opponents tactics!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2009, 08:41 PM
God im a little frustrated with teh fact that Carver isnt willing to start a 4-3-3, especially when we havent got any useful wingers. I also hate playing players (ie Cronin, Robbo) out of position.

Shway
04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
SAME WITH FREAKING ME!!!!!! ..

anybody who knows football, knows that just because Cronin can play on the wing doesnt mean he can actually play on the wing!!!!

its like ive never heard of a Left-Wing-Defensive-Mid

Shway
04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
.....and boy oh boy....that ricketts....lol...
that pooor ricketts....he needs to get a substantial PAY CUT next year

Like i was all for giving ricketts a chance, but when your comming in the game with fresh legs, and still can't be an opponent once....your poor thing

i guess it is true that older players get scared when younger players are they're, knowing there position will be given up. Ahemmm Ibbe aheeemm Rickky

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
.....and boy oh boy....that ricketts....lol...
that pooor ricketts....he needs to get a substantial PAY CUT next year

Like i was all for giving ricketts a chance, but when your comming in the game with fresh legs, and still can't be an opponent once....your poor thing

i guess it is true that older players get scared when younger players are they're, knowing there position will be given up. Ahemmm Ibbe aheeemm Rickky

Come on! Ricketts has only had a couple of poor games! He played very well against Kansas! People need to stop over exaggerating. Ricketts came in and in the small amount of time he was playing he got a couple of decent crosses in which is vital for a winger.

Daveisonfire
04-12-2009, 09:05 PM
God im a little frustrated with teh fact that Carver isnt willing to start a 4-3-3, especially when we havent got any useful wingers. I also hate playing players (ie Cronin, Robbo) out of position.

I think it would be effective aswell but we came out gunning and dominated play with the formation he put out in the 1st half, so I think he deserves some credit in that respect.

That said, I would like to see him use a 4-3-3 to start this match because I'm sure Dallas will have a plan to deal with how we played last match

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it would be effective aswell but we came out gunning and dominated play with the formation he put out in the 1st half, so I think he deserves some credit in that respect.

That said, I would like to see him use a 4-3-3 to start this match because I'm sure Dallas will have a plan to deal with how we played last match

yep agreed.
Also id like to restate that ive not given up on Ricketts but he does have to prove himself and i think he can do that most effectively from the bench at this time, hell id love to see him playing all the time (especially in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2) but right now he needs to settle and get back into the groove.

Nuvinho
04-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Don't forget, this thread is about WHO Carver will start, not who we want to start. In his post game interview, he still seems to have a lot of confidence in Barrett.

We can talk for hours, or days, that Vitti or Dichio should get the start, but Carver is sticking with Barrett it seems, love it or hate it. But I do think that it is the last game Carver gives Barrett (5 games).

tml
04-12-2009, 11:06 PM
just wondering how many TFC fans are making the trek to TEXAS?