PDA

View Full Version : The time has come. It is Lonngggggg overdue!

Pages : [1] 2

giambac
04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Okay I know I will get flack for this but cmon wake up and be realistic here. What has happened over the past 2 weeks has been the same old crap going back to the previous 2 seasons. There are no more excuses about being an expansion team.

We just picked up 1 point out of a maximum 6 points on our mini home stand. We LOST 5 POINTS . To who??? To an expamsion team that made us look like the BAD NEWS BEARS and to a Dallas team who hadn't won a game or tied a game all season. This reminds me of last season when we couldn't beat the expansion San Jose team.

This team is in need of a major shakeup. It is long overdue and Carver has to go before it is to late. I mean what the fuck was with the Dichio substition late in the game when we were trying to protect the one goal lead. Why not bring in another defender to help out the already shaky defence we have.

I know the players have to be held accountable but so to does the coach. This guy was in Dallas all week away from the team after perhaps the most emabarrasing defeat or game played by his players last week.

In a perfect world Mo should also be gone. He brought in this unqualified coach, he keeps on making promises about a DP player and still hasn't delivered. He traded who (Cunny) for Barrett. Well Barrett sucks and for all the ctricism Cuuny took Barret is 10 times worse. He brought in Ricketts who can't even start on our team. He brought in Vitti this year and Carver doesn't even use the guy. We are weak at the CB position and it shows game in and game out.

I know alot of you guys like Craver becasue he shows emotion and heart. But that's got nothing to due with coaching. We season ticket holders and supportereds have shown as much heart and we aren't qualified to coach. If it wasn't for Frei yeterday we would have lost the game to arguable the worst team in the league.

Mo has to shakeup this team and fire Carver. If things then don't improve in the next 2-3 weeks then the MLSE brass should also can MO.

The time has come and before this season gets out of control changes need to be made. The tFC supporters deserve better, Much better.

Mango Kid
04-12-2009, 09:29 AM
There was a LOT of positives yesterday that there weren't last Saturday.

I'll leave this to you, but I'm nowhere near...

http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/06/27/usb_panic_1.png

Shakes McQueen
04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Did you just say Barrett is TEN TIMES worse than Jeff Cunningham?

- Scott

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't know that it's, "loooong overdue," but it is starting to look like this team - with quite a few better players than last year - is going to play just as badly. Inconsistent and failing to make adjustments.

It was great to see three goals in the opener but they were all opportunistic strikes from broken plays. Has this team EVER manufactured a goal through good open play, or have they all been from set-pieces and weird bounces?

People here spend so much time talking about the defense, but this team can't score. It looks like they have no offensive plan at all.

How much longer does Carver get to figure out the MLS?

Bloor West FC
04-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Again were only 4 games in with only 1 loss. Keep positive and positive things will happen. Just believe in coach Carver.

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Again were only 4 games in with only 1 loss. Keep positive and positive things will happen. Just believe in coach Carver.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/3/22/633733497085835510-denialitsnotjustariverinegypt.jpg

Alarius
04-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Carver will be gone at the end of the season..

jabbronies
04-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Well considering Mo came in with a 5 year plan and we're not even half way through season 3 - I don't think Mo will be fired.

Also, I could be wrong but I don't think we are mathematically out of a playoff spot yet.

So after 4 games into season 3, without playing every team in the league yet to see how we actually fair in comparison to the rest of the league, why are you freaking out?

jabbronies
04-12-2009, 09:54 AM
MLS is like MLB.

The only part of the season that matters is from August to the end of the season. Everything else is just build up.

Shakes McQueen
04-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Well considering Mo came in with a 5 year plan and we're not even half way through season 3 - I don't think Mo will be fired.

Also, I could be wrong but I don't think we are mathematically out of a playoff spot yet.

So after 4 games into season 3, without playing every team in the league yet to see how we actually fair in comparison to the rest of the league, why are you freaking out?

Pretty much every team in the East has gotten off to a spotty start. Even Chicago looked pretty unremarkable against San Jose yesterday.

I still have hope that DeRo can grab this team by the horns, and get the rest of them putting forth the effort needed to get results. As frustrating as the season has been to date, it's still very early.

- Scott

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 09:55 AM

5 year plans are the domain of politicians & fuckwits who like to feather their nests fo 5 years. I prefer the Seattle plan. I wouldn't trust Mo as fa as i could throw him.

Based on him dumping Marshall, keeping Harmse, signing Barrett to 4 years & Marvell Wynne?? C'mon.

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 09:56 AM
5 year plans are the domain of politicians & fuckwits who like to feather their nests fo 5 years. I prefer the Seattle plan. I wouldn't trust Mo as fa as i could throw him.

Based on him dumping Marshall, keeping Harmse, signing Barrett to 4 years & Marvell Wynne?? C'mon.

It's really starting to like his biggest mistake has been handing the team over to Carver....

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 10:01 AM
It's really starting to like his biggest mistake has been handing the team over to Carver....

Carver's not the problem, lack of real talent & football pedigree leadership is the problem.

Anselmi who knows nothing about football, gave the keys to Mo, who has no experience or successful track record. That's the problem. We should've had successful experienced people in charge of football decisions from day 1. I'll never understand how that didn't happen

giambac
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Did you just say Barrett is TEN TIMES worse than Jeff Cunningham?

- Scott

I was wrong.

After yesterday's game I say he is 100 times worse then cunny.

Cunny is shit and Barret is shit + dog crap

giambac
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Same thing u guys said last season. It was only our 2nd season and we shouldn't expect more.

now your saying it is only game 4.

Look at the games from game 1 to game 2 to game 3 to game 4. The slide is going down.......

giambac
04-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Why wait until the end of the season. Lets try and salvage this season for the fans.

giambac
04-12-2009, 10:08 AM

4 games

5 points out of a possible 12.

In my books according to my math theat's below 50% of the possible max points

This equals a failing grade>>>>>

MrHawk
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Our game this week was a lot better than last week, granted we were playing an inferior opponent.

giambac
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM

Some are finally staring to realize what I realized last year.....

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Carver's not the problem, lack of real talent & football pedigree leadership is the problem.

Anselmi who knows nothing about football, gave the keys to Mo, who has no experience or successful track record. That's the problem. We should've had successful experienced people in charge of football decisions from day 1. I'll never understand how that didn't happen

It happened because no one with that pedigree would work for MLSE. I can't imagine they were offering top dollar.

But really, there are enough players on this team that are solid MLS players - better than most teams in the league. In a league with such a small salary cap every team is going to have players who simply aren't very good - the teams that win deal with this better than the teams that don't. Sure, it's a challenge when you can't solve your problems with money like most teams in the world do, but that's this league.

these players are seriously underperforming. Carver has total control of the team, he has no meddling from managment, he picks his own line-up, it's really a dream job for a coach. And he can't get consistent performances out of the players, they stand around most of the game and don't seem to care.

It's way to easy to blame things on management (especially a guy people conveniently don't like anyway) but even if all these players were shipped out the replacements would all be pretty much the same level - players you can buy for two million bucks. Those guys on Dallas yesterday were no better than the guys on TFC - they just had a better game plan. Seattle had one guy who was better than anyone on TFC but they had a better game plan.

there are coaches that could win with this line-up.

wzhxvy
04-12-2009, 10:10 AM
When I look at Frie, Cronin, Wynne...I think Mo has done a good job drafting. However his trading for Marshall without a backup, and the no DP, is a sign that he is either incompetent/ineffictive or just can not GM in this league because of the rules...so he leads a frustrated existence. Either way...I do not think he is the right person for the job.

When I see our horrible tactics yesterday in the second half, questionable substitutions and zero adjustment to the other team...I wonder about the coaching. Carver needs to step up his game.

Kickit09
04-12-2009, 10:17 AM
some people can say its still early but the MLS season is short compared to other sports. every game and point counts, especially when you struggle to score/win/hold leads. and 5 year plan, what a joke. it doesn't take 5 years to build a playoff contender in MLS. Mo johnston is the new JP fuckin riccardi.

dag
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I haven't firmed my own opinion on how things are. Seattle played very well, and fully deserved the three points; they handed our backsides to us. Yesterday, if Barrett had headed the ball into an open net, I'm sure Toronto would have won the game. But Dallas played very well - they had a number of very strong shots on target, they didn't just give up. As the game progressed, I did wonder what Carver's strategy was - protect the lead, or increase it?

DVS
04-12-2009, 10:31 AM
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss269/brooklyn_crew/tfc_butter.png

Love that Butter

Rhapido
04-12-2009, 10:38 AM
4 games

5 points out of a possible 12.

In my books according to my math theat's below 50% of the possible max points

This equals a failing grade>>>>>

Actually, it works out to 37.5 points, an improvement of 2.5 points over last season:D

Cannon
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
We just picked up 1 point out of a maximum 6 points on our mini home stand. We LOST 5 POINTS . To who??? To an expamsion team that made us look like the BAD NEWS BEARS and to a Dallas team who hadn't won a game or tied a game all season. This reminds me of last season when we couldn't beat the expansion San Jose team.

Seattle is NOT an expansion team. I repeat, Seattle is NOT an expansion team. They were a USL1 team who were promoted to MLS.

TFC was built from scratch. Seattle already had a foundation.

Pachuco
04-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Seattle is NOT an expansion team. I repeat, Seattle is NOT an expansion team. They were a USL1 team who were promoted to MLS.

This argument is getting really old. They are an expansion team, I repeat AN EXPANSION team. And even it they are not in your own eyes, who cares? we still lost to a team who has a new coach and 11 new players on the field that have never played with each other. So what's your point? that we shouldn't lose to them?

greatwhitenorf
04-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Giambac, few other people dive down the Well of Despair as quickly, as frequently or as noisily as you do. Don't expect it to turn into a pool party down there.

Doesn't mean you aren't entitled to show concern but we are talking about MLS here, where every single team has areas of concern. Seattle lost at home yesterday to KC, go figure.

It's obvious that Toronto is a work in progress. Good changes have already happened -De Ro, Frei, Cronin- and Serioux had many more moments of real competence yesterday than against Seattle. His shoulder has healed enough to make his throw ins a factor again. Ibrahim showed why Ricketts is on borrowed time with this club.

You overlook the impact international play and travel had on Robinson and Guevara during the home opener, two key cogs in midfield. And both home games have been played in disruptive high winds, which have introduced more of an element of luck into play than usual.

Otherwise, the team has made a decent start to the season and has structured themselves nicely for trades - Sutton? - or to add new signings later on as European leagues wrap up. Had we won yesterday, and we so damn close, this discussion would not be happening.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I would prefer Mo to leave before Carver.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:56 AM

AMEN.

tfc
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Giambac, few other people dive down the Well of Despair as quickly, as frequently or as noisily as you do. Don't expect it to turn into a pool party down there.

Doesn't mean you aren't entitled to show concern but we are talking about MLS here, where every single team has areas of concern. Seattle lost at home yesterday to KC, go figure.

It's obvious that Toronto is a work in progress. Good changes have already happened -De Ro, Frei, Cronin- and Serioux had many more moments of real competence yesterday than against Seattle. His shoulder has healed enough to make his throw ins a factor again. Ibrahim showed why Ricketts is on borrowed time with this club.

You overlook the impact international play and travel had on Robinson and Guevara during the home opener, two key cogs in midfield. And both home games have been played in disruptive high winds, which have introduced more of an element of luck into play than usual.

Otherwise, the team has made a decent start to the season and has structured themselves nicely for trades - Sutton? - or to add new signings later on as European leagues wrap up. Had we won yesterday, and we so damn close, this discussion would not be happening.

thank god, finally somebody with some common sense. I never understand the knee-jerk reaction to post negative things about your team without looking for any positives in the outcome.

tie, or lose, somebody always feels the need to go 'ahhh barrett missed the net, WE ARE FUCKED I BETTER TELL EVERYONE!"

mclaren
04-12-2009, 11:03 AM
thank god, finally somebody with some common sense. I never understand the knee-jerk reaction to post negative things about your team without looking for any positives in the outcome.

tie, or lose, somebody always feels the need to go 'ahhh barrett missed the net, WE ARE FUCKED I BETTER TELL EVERYONE!"

As long as people think that a couple of years of poor performances is knee-jerk, we're in for a long-time of under performing.

Bluenose13
04-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Giambac, with a "The sky is falling"....."Fire everyone"......"We suck"......Thread after a loss & tie at home, shocking !

Knowhere to be found after a win & a tie on the road but ready to pounce as soon as the chance is given......how predictable :rolleyes:

Here comes bhoybobby & the fire Mo brigade :D

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 11:05 AM

Do you really think are no coaches out there that know this league well and could win with this line-up?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, it's a genuine question.

I can't imagine any new manager would keep the old manager's coach. Or, a new manager who would give his coach as much control over the team as Carver has.

dag
04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Stop drinking the kool-aid.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Jonestown.jpg

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Our game this week was a lot better than last week, granted we were playing an inferior opponent.

we PLAYED ARGUABLY THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ON OUR HOME FIELD TURF. A tie is bad. We lost 2 points in the 87th minute bucasue of a dumbass substition move made by Carver. He brought in pylon Ducchio while we were trying to preserve the lead. I mean our defence is sahbby as is, why didn't he bring in another defender? what was the rationale in bringing in Dicchio? Please enlighten me. I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!:noidea:

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:10 AM
It happened because no one with that pedigree would work for MLSE. I can't imagine they were offering top dollar.

But really, there are enough players on this team that are solid MLS players - better than most teams in the league. In a league with such a small salary cap every team is going to have players who simply aren't very good - the teams that win deal with this better than the teams that don't. Sure, it's a challenge when you can't solve your problems with money like most teams in the world do, but that's this league.

these players are seriously underperforming. Carver has total control of the team, he has no meddling from managment, he picks his own line-up, it's really a dream job for a coach. And he can't get consistent performances out of the players, they stand around most of the game and don't seem to care.

It's way to easy to blame things on management (especially a guy people conveniently don't like anyway) but even if all these players were shipped out the replacements would all be pretty much the same level - players you can buy for two million bucks. Those guys on Dallas yesterday were no better than the guys on TFC - they just had a better game plan. Seattle had one guy who was better than anyone on TFC but they had a better game plan.

Amen.

Agree 100%.

The players aren't the problem.

All teams in the league face the same problems and restrictions we do. They seem to get better and yet we don't.

I mean was it not Coach Carver who at the beginning of the season saud he liked the amkeup of our theam, the improbvement in players, the depth etc etc etc etc. How come we haven't seen it on the field?????

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Okay I know I will get flack for this but cmon wake up and be realistic here. What has happened over the past 2 weeks has been the same old crap going back to the previous 2 seasons. There are no more excuses about being an expansion team.

This team is in need of a major shakeup. It is long overdue and Carver has to go before it is to late. I mean what the fuck was with the Dichio substition late in the game when we were trying to protect the one goal lead. Why not bring in another defender to help out the already shaky defence we have.

I know the players have to be held accountable but so to does the coach. This guy was in Dallas all week away from the team after perhaps the most emabarrasing defeat or game played by his players last week.

In a perfect world Mo should also be gone. He brought in this unqualified coach, he keeps on making promises about a DP player and still hasn't delivered. He traded who (Cunny) for Barrett. Well Barrett sucks and for all the ctricism Cuuny took Barret is 10 times worse. He brought in Ricketts who can't even start on our team. He brought in Vitti this year and Carver doesn't even use the guy. We are weak at the CB position and it shows game in and game out.

I know alot of you guys like Craver becasue he shows emotion and heart. But that's got nothing to due with coaching. We season ticket holders and supportereds have shown as much heart and we aren't qualified to coach. If it wasn't for Frei yeterday we would have lost the game to arguable the worst team in the league.

Mo has to shakeup this team and fire Carver. If things then don't improve in the next 2-3 weeks then the MLSE brass should also can MO.

The time has come and before this season gets out of control changes need to be made. The tFC supporters deserve better, Much better.

That's the thing, it's only been two weeks. Wait a bit longer before pulling this bandwagon crap.

Ok I agree these last two games brought poor results. But to who you ask. To Seattle (who by the way aren't an expansion team) and have been one of the most visibly strong teams in the MLS this season. But I agree that we should've taken Dallas easily. We had the chances, we just didn't convert and then towards the end of the game we sat on our 1 goal.

The Dichio substitution made absolute sense! Dichio is probably TFC's best man and holding the ball up front. Therefor we keep the ball upfront giving us scoring opportunities and while keeping the ball away from our end. This was tactically a strong substitution. A defender would just take away from our offense giving them many more scoring opportunities.

Give Johny a chance man, I don't think it's fair to judge his ability this early in the season.

Don't go on about MoJo, as a head coach he was very poor. However as the general manager he's doing a solid job. It's funny how you're calling Johny unqualified considering his past, he's much more qualified than most head coaches in this league. A DP is a player with a high salary. Now he brought in DeRo on a non DP salary. That's a good deal. Stop asking for a guy who gets paid a lot because who knows, he may not deliver and our money for future acquisitions etc. will be restricted. Cunningham was a lazy git first of all and I'm pretty sure most of us are glad that he's gone. And Barrett is worse than Cunningham? Ha! Last season Barrett was our top scorer and this season he has gotten himself so many chances. If only he got himself out of this terrible mental state he'd be crazy for us! Ricketts is quality and I think we've seen that in him, stop judging so early. Vitti is a strong player, and Carver will use him. Just because Vitti didn't play yesterday doesn't mean Carver doesn't use him. If our team doesn't do well with Vitti on the bench I'm pretty sure Carver will try him on the pitch. We are weak in the back, but we have another roster spot still open so just wait up a bit.

Carver shows passion but makes decent decisions. I definitely couldn't hear you complaining about him at the start of the season! We're doing better than last season so give it some time. Also Frei is a member of our team. His job is to stop balls from going into a net. Do you want to praise him for doing his job? He played very well, but if you say that Frei was the reason we didn't lose you can also say if it wasn't for Richetti we would've won etc.

Exactly, now you're talking. Give it a couple of weeks. And why should MLSE care? They're making money, look at how the rest of their teams are doing.

I agree that we deserve better than what we've gotten so far, but we've barely played at all. Give it some time before complaining.

egoodwin
04-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Dichio is good to have, as he still does help out in the back there, late in the game... He's tall and strong and can get the ball out of there on corner kicks... as well as provide his usual presence up front on our own crosses and corner kicks...

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I haven't firmed my own opinion on how things are. Seattle played very well, and fully deserved the three points; they handed our backsides to us. Yesterday, if Barrett had headed the ball into an open net, I'm sure Toronto would have won the game. But Dallas played very well - they had a number of very strong shots on target, they didn't just give up. As the game progressed, I did wonder what Carver's strategy was - protect the lead, or increase it?

Dalals is the worst team in the league.

If it wasn't for Frei (who in my opinion was the star of the amtch), we would have lost by 2-3 goals.

The only players who plyed well yetserday were Frei, Dero and Seroiux.

The other 8 didn't show up.

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Actually, it works out to 37.5 points, an improvement of 2.5 points over last season:D

I know by year 12 we will have a winning record. That is if the team is still around..........

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 11:14 AM
When I look at Frie, Cronin, Wynne...I think Mo has done a good job drafting. However his trading for Marshall without a backup, and the no DP, is a sign that he is either incompetent/ineffictive or just can not GM in this league because of the rules...so he leads a frustrated existence. Either way...I do not think he is the right person for the job.

When I see our horrible tactics yesterday in the second half, questionable substitutions and zero adjustment to the other team...I wonder about the coaching. Carver needs to step up his game.

Wynne:

He can't pass, he can't read the game, so, so in air & tackle, Couldn't mark a bingo card. All he's got is speed. Not good enough, unless he's going on vacation, talk of him going to Europe is laughable.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Wynne:

He can't pass, he can't read the game, so, so in air & tackle, Couldn't mark a bingo card. All he's got is speed. Not good enough, unless he's going on vacation, talk of him going to Europe is laughable.

I'm sorry but you don't know footy.

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:15 AM

And the way Setlle kicked our asses on our home turf they are 100 better tahn us. They have better palyers and by far better management and coaches. That's the reality and tahts our problem.

So what is your solution STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:16 AM
And the way Setlle kicked our asses on our home turf they are 100 better tahn us. They have better palyers and by far better management and coaches. That's the reality and tahts our problem.

So what is your solution STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, I believe they spent a lot more money than us.

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM

I know that it is the MLS. I realize it's not the best league (far from it). Howevr I have been to almost every match from day 1 in year 1. We are in the 3rd year and we haven't improved as much as we should have. Yes there has been palyer improvements (DERO, SERIOUX and Frei). However it hasn't trnsalated into better performances or wins. So you have to start looking at the coach and management.

1) Still no DP after 3 years of promising us aDP
2) Sign Vitti in the offseason and don't use him
3) Sign Ricketts last season and you start a 17year old instaed of him
4) Barrett has a 4 year deal and he absolutely sucks
5) Everyone and their mothere realize our defence is weak and that we need a solid CB and we haven't adreeesed the problem
6) We are trying to hold a 1 goal lead and Carver brings in Dicchio? I just don't get it?
7) Last week we got embarrased at home against the expansion Seattle team. What does the coaching staff do? They take the week off and went down to watch the TFC academey team. Work with your own Fucken team and players for crying out loud!!!!!!!

Do you want me to go on.

Stop with the excuses - 5 year plans, it takes time etc etc etc. MO and Carver have done a shit job Bottom Line!

H Bomb
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I know that it is the MLS. I realize it's not the best league (far from it). Howevr I have been to almost every match from day 1 in year 1. We are in the 3rd year and we haven't improved as much as we should have. Yes there has been palyer improvements (DERO, SERIOUX and Frei). However it hasn't trnsalated into better performances or wins. So you have to start looking at the coach and management.

1) Still no DP after 3 years of promising us aDP
2) Sign Vitti in the offseason and don't use him
3) Sign Ricketts last season and you start a 17year old instaed of him
4) Barrett has a 4 year deal and he absolutely sucks
5) Everyone and their mothere realize our defence is weak and that we need a solid CB and we haven't adreeesed the problem
6) We are trying to hold a 1 goal lead and Carver brings in Dicchio? I just don't get it?
7) Last week we got embarrased at home against the expansion Seattle team. What does the coaching staff do? They take the week off and went down to watch the TFC academey team. Work with your own Fucken team and players for crying out loud!!!!!!!

Do you want me to go on.

Stop with the excuses - 5 year plans, it takes time etc etc etc. MO and Carver have done a shit job Bottom Line!

please, for the sake of the rest of us, don't breed

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM

Oh I'm sorry I do. This guy has no 1st touch & is uncomfortable receiving the ball in pressure, 9 time outta 10, he'll boot it out the park. He consistently leaves his man open, relies on his speed to catch up, overuns his man, who puts the breaks on cuts back & crosses.

Any half decent winger would destroy him, which is why, he'll progress no further than mls. I've watched him game in & out since he arrived, speed is all he's got. Occasionally he uses it to good effect going forward, but his control let's him down. He's a passenger on a team that's got too many passengers.

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Giambac, with a "The sky is falling"....."Fire everyone"......"We suck"......Thread after a loss & tie at home, shocking !

Knowhere to be found after a win & a tie on the road but ready to pounce as soon as the chance is given......how predictable :rolleyes:

Listen, I didn't post 1 note after last weeks poor emabarrasing loss. I figured I would hold back becasue I was totally amazed and surprised and I thought what the hell let's see if they come out this week. Yetserday they palyed the worse team in the league and if not for FREI we would have loss again. We just loss 5 out of 6 points at home.

We have already had 2 long seasons of poor football. I see the similarities this year. If we don't make changes it will be another year of no playoffs, and NO Canada CUP wiiners........

giambac
04-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Wynne:

I know he could plauy in nthe Scottish league as Edu does. But that's about it!!!!

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I know he could plauy in nthe Scottish league as Edu does. But that's about it!!!!

Edu barely get's a game, your ignorance is betraying you again.

OneLoveOneEric
04-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh I'm sorry I do. This guy has no 1st touch & is uncomfortable receiving the ball in pressure, 9 time outta 10, he'll boot it out the park. He consistently leaves his man open, relies on his speed to catch up, overuns his man, who puts the breaks on cuts back & crosses.

Any half decent winger would destroy him, which is why, he'll progress no further than mls. I've watched him game in & out since he arrived, speed is all he's got. Occasionally he uses it to good effect going forward, but his control let's him down. He's a passenger on a team that's got too many passengers.

Wynne was beaten all over the field yesterday. Dallas attacked us at will in the first half down Wynne's side. Every cross they put in came from our right.
Wynne was never there.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:36 AM

I agree that those are his weak spots. But his problem is plain and simple. He has the physical ability to be an amazing player. So basically if he works on not over running his man it's all good.

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 11:36 AM

Hey give M & Tom Assenabler the keys for life. The decision making at the top is horrible. Fill yer boots with Mo & Tom, no track record & it shows, like I said 5 year plans are for politicians & time buyers, not doers.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Listen, I didn't post 1 note after last weeks poor emabarrasing loss. I figured I would hold back becasue I was totally amazed and surprised and I thought what the hell let's see if they come out this week. Yetserday they palyed the worse team in the league and if not for FREI we would have loss again. We just loss 5 out of 6 points at home.

We have already had 2 long seasons of poor football. I see the similarities this year. If we don't make changes it will be another year of no playoffs, and NO Canada CUP wiiners........

Praise to you for not complaining after one game, but 2.

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree that those are his weak spots. But his problem is plain and simple. He has the physical ability to be an amazing player. So basically if he works on not over running his man it's all good.

Plus his passing under pressure, reading of the game, tackling, heading. Your supposed to have those skills when you become a pro. Yeah he has athletic ability, but he's terrible in tight situations. That's not good enough at this level.

jabbronies
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Actually he does...Wynne isn't as great as everyone makes him out to be, that's why he is still in the MLS.

He has speed and he knows how to use it well. Techincally he can't move the ball all that well.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Plus his passing under pressure, reading of the game, tackling, heading. Your supposed to have those skills when you become a pro. Yeah he has athletic ability, but he's terrible in tight situations. That's not good enough at this level.

Ok, I agree passing under pressure and better reading but his tackling and heading aren't weak. All of these things he can easily work on, therefor I can definitely see him going to Europe.

olegunnar
04-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Wynne:

He was terrible yesterday.

Why they spent all this money on ProZone and then 3 years later he's still spending half the game chatting with the centre half is beyond me.

They should put a shock collar on him and everytime he floats to the centre of the pitch they should zap him to remind him where he should be and about the 2-3 players sneaking in behind him.

We can bitch about sucking hard. We can have threads about chanting/sitting/standing.

To me the biggest issue and it's a negative right now, is that we're in our 3rd year and the collective soccer IQ of the people in the stands seems to be going down...not up.

I guess that's okay because every saturday is a PARTY!!!

nascarguy
04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
yes if we do not make it in to the playoff and mo will be gone by the end if this month if we do not get a dp soon. the next game there will be a mo banner

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 12:06 PM

It could be good enough, "at this level," though. Wynne could be a solid MLS player with a little coaching and as you're right, he's not a guy we'd lose to Europe, so he's ideal for this team right now.

As for the passing, does anyone on this team pass? Is there anyone to pass to who isn't standing still?

No one out there seems to show much, and yet almost all of them, when they played for other teams played better. How was Guevara ever an MVP in this league? At some point he must have played the whole 90 minutes.

Marc"2L"
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
If our IQ were to go up, it would require high IQ football on the pitch.

We're talking about MLS here.....

TFC_4_Life
04-12-2009, 12:09 PM
we PLAYED ARGUABLY THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ON OUR HOME FIELD TURF. A tie is bad. We lost 2 points in the 87th minute bucasue of a dumbass substition move made by Carver. He brought in pylon Ducchio while we were trying to preserve the lead. I mean our defence is sahbby as is, why didn't he bring in another defender? what was the rationale in bringing in Dicchio? Please enlighten me. I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!:noidea:

I will enlighten you.
The Dichio sub made complete sense.
1. The wind was a major factor. The whole second half we were playing long balls of goal kicks and loosing possession. Dichio is our best target man. On multiple occasions he won long balls against 3 defenders. Besides Barrett wasn't doing anything. Dichio doesn't offer a complete package but he certainly can win long balls as a target man.

Carver could have made some other changes but that doesn't mean the Dichio sub was bad. Besides, who do you bring on to beef up the defence? Velez?

The one substitution that made no sense was taking off DeRo when we needed to score a goal. He dominated the second half, too bad he had nobody with him.

Cronin had a fantastic 1st half, probably best player on pitch the first half or at least most consistently productive. Kept possession in attack, made some decent crosses, great first touch. And best of all he covered for Wynne extremely well. Very high soccer iq. If MO is good at one thing it is drafting.

jabbronies
04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
We don't shoot enough

Azerban
04-12-2009, 12:12 PM
giambac's greatest hits vol. xii

track listing

1. this team is shit
2. fire mo
3. fire carver
4. where are all the italians
5. this team is shit (nasssty remixxx)
6. 4 WORLD CUPZ
7. dp me baby
8. "the way Setlle kicked our asses on our home turf they are 100 better tahn us"
9. fire mo (season 2 remix)
10. fire mo (season 3 remix)
11. i am a worthless turd (bonus track)

TFC07
04-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Hopefully Mo as well.

bhoybobby
04-12-2009, 12:30 PM

The Pylon you refer to "D.D" has forgot more football I.Q & know how than you'll ever know. He changes the game immediately. He won more balls & brought people in the game in 20 mins than Barrett could in a season. Keep opining tough, you show more ignorance every post

Ontario Arab
04-12-2009, 12:46 PM
We don't shoot enough

Agreed and I think the problem has to do with not being Direct enough...heres how I see it.......we are quite good a getting the ball but when we have it most of the team seems perfectley happy to just pass it around...little shimmy here little back heel pass there little cross the field pass ...........we need to develop the mentality that the aim of the game at the moment for our club is to score goals and win games...not poof around with the ball.....now I love the beautiful game its very exciting to watch but this is for teams who have a squad who can pull it off...we have half a squad that is capable of playing this way....too many passes was evident yesterday every time we lost the ball because of too much fannying around Dallas were straight up the park causing problems. You could say we are not clinical enough ie we dont have the German style of play. By all means at the end of the day I want TFC to be the best "footballing" team in MLS but at the moment more time with the ball needs to be devoted to attacking the opposition directly instead of trying free flowing movements which seem to peter into nothing...were just not good enough yet for this.... if we are 3-0 up then start stroking the ball around, not before we have that cushion. We have too many similar players in midfield......they are all very good but we need a ball winning distributor who knows when to attack and when to hold the ball up. As we all know we are also missing a CB...this has been hashed out till death. If nothing is done we will continue to struggle. We need a top class Striker...a guy who intimidates defenses when he has the ball. All the missing pieces aside I still think that our Coach who is very adept at certain parts of the game has big problems tactically and that is the main problem at the moment. Get the ball and do something with it you dont need 20 passes to get into the opposition box......plus our set piece play is bad. Training ground work required. To cut a long story short...we are not capable of "sexy" football yet, that will come in the future...we need to concentrate on getting results first.

RedsYNWA
04-12-2009, 12:47 PM
My starting lineup

Frei
Serioux
Robinson Guevara Derosario
Vitti

These are the only players that showed up this season...scary thing 4 of the 6 were not here last season

torontocelt
04-12-2009, 01:15 PM
The Bhoybobby has got Wynne spot on, he is similar to Mo Camara who joined Celtic from Burnley, he had speed too but was absolutely useless at football. I remember watching a charity match once where Ben Johnson the runner played as a winger and I have never seen someone so useless at football. You can have all the speed in the world but if you cannot do the simple things in football then you are never going to be a good player. All this talk of people looking like athletes so they have potential, it is all delusional. Wynne has reached his limit, he is MLS and that's it. He is a decent squad player for TFC though but he is no where near a 3 million pound player.

Toronto FC'c main problem is that they have some decent players, some mediocre players and some players who are just poor footballers. Really the only ones who I think are decent are Frei, Cronin, De Ro and Guevera, the rest are mediocre or pretty bad. Some of them have no idea about football which is probably the most alarming thing. Mo and Carver are bound to realise how poor some of these guys are, Carver has coached some great players in his time and Mo has played at the highest level with some fantastic players. I don't know how TFC ended up with some of the dross that they have but I guess a lot of it is down to money and that most decent players wouldn't want to play MLS.

Bars92
04-12-2009, 01:24 PM
If we had a Kenny Cooper up front, with the team we have now, we'd be more than alright. I still think this team is a just a striker away from being competitive. I have no idea why Ibrahim was started over Vitti though.

nascarguy
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
i want to see a dp on our team by sunday or mo is gone. I'm not waiting in till july

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 01:47 PM
[quote=TFC_4_Life;465590]I will enlighten you.
The Dichio sub made complete sense.
1. The wind was a major factor. The whole second half we were playing long balls of goal kicks and loosing possession. Dichio is our best target man. On multiple occasions he won long balls against 3 defenders. Besides Barrett wasn't doing anything. Dichio doesn't offer a complete package but he certainly can win long balls as a target man.

quote]

BANG ON. The sub made complete sense. I also think it was made in anticipation of perhaps having to defend late free kicks and corners to preserve the lead. Unfortunatley it didn't work perfectly......

Carts
04-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Dichio should have been brought in at halftime...

With the wind, long balls in the air were the norm, not a luxury - having Danny win them against 2 or 3 defenders should have happened the entire 2nd 45...

I love Carver as coach but why wait to make the change? Do it at halftime - have your personel on the pitch reflect the conditions... (unless Danny isn't fit for a full 45)

Carts...

MUFC_Niagara
04-12-2009, 01:52 PM
LOL....I said yesterday that eiher LucaGol or giambac would start one of these rediculous threads and I was right!!!

Red Rat
04-12-2009, 01:54 PM

track listing

1. this team is shit
2. fire mo
3. fire carver
6. 4 WORLD CUPZ
7. dp me baby
8. "the way Setlle kicked our asses on our home turf they are 100 better tahn us"

hahahahaaaahaah:rant::rant::rofl:

ginkster88
04-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Dilute him down and giambiac has a point.

One point of six in our two first games at home? Losing two points to a team that was on pace to lose their first five games? Giving up dangerous chances to Dallas who should have had no business being in the game? Not encouraging. Frei had to work way too hard for his pay cheque yesterday. Toronto was handily outshot by a last place team...

Bobo
04-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Why does Carver always get the exemption? This guy in tactically inept and unfortunately we can't hope for a coach to hit form. He showed absolutely nothing last season but people still gave him the benefit of the doubt saying to wait while he has his offseason with the team. Offseason is over and he still shows nothing. And we're going to have to somehow hope things change? Our boys individually are going to need to have one hell of a year if we're going to find success in spite of Carver's coaching abilities.

I like Carver but no, I do not trust in him.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I can't believe that people are turning like this after a couple of poor games. Give him another few games and he'll pick it up. If he doesn't, then you can complain.

Rome wasn't built overnight.

trane
04-12-2009, 02:24 PM

track listing

1. this team is shit
2. fire mo
3. fire carver
6. 4 WORLD CUPZ
7. dp me baby

Where are all the Italians other then "Dichio" because he is a pylon that somehow managed to be our leading scorer.

TFC USA
04-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I never knew this many people on this forum are seriously content with mediocrity.

@ FC Dallas next week and the 2 home games afterwards are his last chances. If he fails then dump him and put in Dasovic as head coach.

If you want to play long kick it down the field BS football that instead of free flowing attacking play then you don't want to win.

This has gone on for too long and getting goals off of set plays or throw-ins to the box aren't going to do shite in the long run. What we did in Kansas City was great. Afterwards? Nothing.

Back to the long ball. That style of play has ruined Canadian soccer. It's ruining TFC. Sense a pattern?

H Bomb
04-12-2009, 02:42 PM
so the guy called TFC USA is making points about Canadian soccer now? Wow this thread is even more worth while than yesterday...Free speech is overrated with you lot blathering all day.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree that way to much of this is nonsense.

Bobo
04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I can't believe that people are turning like this after a couple of poor games. Give him another few games and he'll pick it up. If he doesn't, then you can complain.

A couple of poor games under who, Carver? He already has a full season of poor games under his belt.

ginkster88
04-12-2009, 02:48 PM
The team often looks disorganized and disinterested. That is a coaching problem. The same thing is happening with the Raptors. If the players don't seem to care, then the coach is doing something wrong.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
A couple of poor games under who, Carver? He already has a full season of poor games under his belt.

I understand and agree that Carver did a poor job last season. But people learn from their mistakes therefor there should be an improvement this season and you won't be able to see that until you give it some time.

dannyd
04-12-2009, 02:52 PM

I agree with you 100%, this is what I've been saying for over a year, the right coach could get this team to win, with the same players we have now...

TFC USA
04-12-2009, 02:56 PM
so the guy called TFC USA is making points about Canadian soccer now? Wow this thread is even more worth while than yesterday...Free speech is overrated with you lot blathering all day.

You don't know how much I want Canadian soccer to succeed. I want North America to be a darkhorse in every World Cup.

I watched nearly all of their televised WCQ and Gold Cup matches and the contrast is stunning. Under Hart I saw one of the best team goals in my life against Guatemala (Gerba scored that one).

Under Mitchell in this WCQ campaign and with the U-20s I saw long ball after long ball after long ball.

I pay attention more to Canada than the US because I know what we're capable of (at the moment not too much). You can't deny that the style of play between the national teams and TFC are basically screwing them.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Fire Mo fire Carter?? hitting the Guinness a wee bit early have wee!! For one final time we Dont need a DP in Toronto. Seattle is not your regilar expansion team they did not have to start from scratch like TFC did as they were a football club in the USL..which helps a lot. If you want to start getting rid of people lets start with Jim Brennan, hes useless as a defender and lacks the leadership a captain of a football club should have.
On the Dallas goal he through his arms up in the aire after the goal looking
surprised..he should be surprised he didnt mark the guy, or as capt he should have made sure someone was on him...time for JB to move on.
Barrett is trying to hard..he needs to relax and thing will work out good.
The Dichio sub was to try to get a winner which is the right appraoach,we dont want to start playing like serie a clubs and keep passing the ball back to the keeper till we all fall asleep..go for the win. The team is fine
and we will be alright...as a STH no major chancges are need, may just offer Seattle a first rounder for Tyronne Marshall back.

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Why does Carver always get the exemption? This guy in tactically inept and unfortunately we can't hope for a coach to hit form. He showed absolutely nothing last season but people still gave him the benefit of the doubt saying to wait while he has his offseason with the team. Offseason is over and he still shows nothing. And we're going to have to somehow hope things change? Our boys individually are going to need to have one hell of a year if we're going to find success in spite of Carver's coaching abilities.

I like Carver but no, I do not trust in him.

I stopped giving Carver the benefit of the doubt last night when I saw the lineup. He's obviously short on a few simple concepts.
Barrett should never have started, Dichio should either start or come on earlier, the DeRo substitution was baffling. Playing Ibbe on the wing was a gamble, and I think it's way too soon for the coach to need to start gambling.

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 03:09 PM
If you want to start getting rid of people lets start with Jim Brennan, hes useless as a defender and lacks the leadership a captain of a football club should have.
On the Dallas goal he through his arms up in the aire after the goal looking
surprised..he should be surprised he didnt mark the guy, or as capt he should have made sure someone was on him...time for JB to move on.
Barrett is trying to hard..he needs to relax and thing will work out good.

Lose Jimmy, but keep Barrett?

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I never knew this many people on this forum are seriously content with mediocrity.

@ FC Dallas next week and the 2 home games afterwards are his last chances. If he fails then dump him and put in Dasovic as head coach.

If you want to play long kick it down the field BS football that instead of free flowing attacking play then you don't want to win.

This has gone on for too long and getting goals off of set plays or throw-ins to the box aren't going to do shite in the long run. What we did in Kansas City was great. Afterwards? Nothing.

Back to the long ball. That style of play has ruined Canadian soccer. It's ruining TFC. Sense a pattern?

Dasovic?/ are you joking............Lenarduzzi....Yallop...Mitchell. . why not hire these under acheiving canucks as well? Sorry Carvers the man for the job....Canadians need not apply for any manager jobs for the good of the game.

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Dasovic?/ are you joking............Lenarduzzi....Yallop...Mitchell. . why not hire these under acheiving canucks as well? Sorry Carvers the man for the job....Canadians need not apply for any manager jobs for the good of the game.

I agree with everything you said except for Frank Yallop.

He's proven in this league, and he has a championship to back it up.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Lose Jimmy, but keep Barrett?

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

dont want to lose him..just making the point that if you start wanting to get rid of players for underperforming then JB should be top of the list.
we all know he can play better then he has showed this season, as can all the players...lets not just start asking for guys to be sacked /fired ( yes i know you didnt mention this) just because some fans are unhappy..we were not going to go 30-0 and dropping points at home was going to happen,,better know then in the playoff chase later on

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
LOL....I said yesterday that eiher LucaGol or giambac would start one of these rediculous threads and I was right!!!

I've reached Giambac status ... that means so much. lol

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree with everything you said except for Frank Yallop.

He's proven in this league, and he has a championship to back it up.

true enough....still would not want to se him at TFC though...hes an Earthquake and should remain with that team..unless the CSA has a change of heart??

trane
04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
If you put me on the pitch I would try hard, but guess what I would be shite, do I deserve the start?

FluSH
04-12-2009, 03:17 PM
If you put me on the pitch I would try hard, but guess what I would be shite, do I deserve the start?

Can you be match ready for April 19th? I'll talk to Mo at the Kick Off dinner.

trane
04-12-2009, 03:21 PM
^ April 19th, 2010. yes.

Oldtimer
04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I love how giambac and his fellow trolls didn't post ONE SINGLE congratulations to the team and coach over a great win in KC (and it's hard to beat the Wiz at home due to their narrow pitch). They just wait until a loss and a tie to log in and pour their poison.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I love how giambac and his fellow trolls didn't post ONE SINGLE congratulations to the team and coach over a great win in KC (and it's hard to beat the Wiz at home due to their narrow pitch). They just wait until a loss and a tie to log in and pour their poison.

Yes oldtimer!

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 04:04 PM

It wasn't a great win. It was a great game.
We looked shocking at times, and Barrett doubly so.

reggie
04-12-2009, 04:28 PM
bottomline MOstake by the lake can not find the players..its all about the draft for him...

draft smaft...

Mikey
04-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Pretty sure Mo is not going anywhere, he has shown MLSE he can draft college kids, pay them next to nothing, then sell them on for millions overseas.

As for the rest of the rantings, get it off your chest if it makes you feel better, but thats about all it will do. DP speculation will recommence BIG TIME just before season ticket renewal, and go away once the money is in, unless theres a HUGE drop off.

Yes the team is shit, but it's all there is.

This is a major Deja Vu thread.........

BuSaPuNk
04-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Not drinking the Kool aid either. Just want to point out some retoric that seems to be coming from the giambac's of this world.

1. Seattle isn't a expansion franchise is this case in point. They have had a team in the USL and there base of how the team is run has been used for years.
2. Also they don't have a new coach. Hello Sigi coached Columbus to the MLS Cup last year. Sure it's a new team but great coaches can get these kind of results from any team. i.e. Redknapp, Benetez.
3. Dichio sub was a great tacitical move especially with the wind being strong that afternoon again. The long ball didn't work against Seattle becuase Barrett doesn't have a great air game. Dichio does.
4. Don't forget this will be the first full (start of preseason to the end) that Carver has been with the team. You can't fault him for some players inability or lack of emotion.

Chevy
04-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Turn things around for a minute - if we lost our first game in KC, then followed it with two draws and a win on Saturday, would things look so bleak? No, we would all be jumping up and down - no calls for Mo and Carver's head, no calls for a DP....

I guess my point here is Re-fucking-lax. Its real early.

gmacpheetfc
04-12-2009, 05:53 PM

And you know all about running a bloody Football Team

THIS THREAD IS RUBBISH HAVE SOME F**KING CLASS AND DON'T PUT DOWN A GUY WHO THRIVES TO BE THE COACH OF Toronto FC AND GETS UP IN THE MORNING FOR THAT AND THAT ONLY

THE boys will switch ON have some bloody PATIENTs!

Rocco
04-12-2009, 06:11 PM
why am i even reading this?

TFC USA
04-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Hmmm......wonder what was said last year at a similar time. DeJa Vu indeed, but in the end we really suck and fall short.

Shakes McQueen
04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
why am i even reading this?

Because reading a giambac thread is like driving by a car crash?

- Scott

Rocco
04-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Because reading a giambac thread is like driving by a car crash?

- Scott

hahaha just smile and wave people, smile and wave... move on now, nothing to see here... just a FAIL TRAIN on track.. or is it off the track... hahahaha

http://funnyharhar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fail.jpg

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Turn things around for a minute - if we lost our first game in KC, then followed it with two draws and a win on Saturday, would things look so bleak? No, we would all be jumping up and down - no calls for Mo and Carver's head, no calls for a DP....

I guess my point here is Re-fucking-lax. Its real early.

Thank you for saying this! This is exactly what I think. Give it TIME.

giambac
04-12-2009, 06:52 PM

track listing

1. this team is shit
2. fire mo
3. fire carver
6. 4 WORLD CUPZ
7. dp me baby

say all u want. If they listened to my requests last year we wouldn't still be in this same mess. U keep on making arguments and excuses but nothing and I mean nothing has changed in this team. I guess your content with at besr average dull football:drinking:

giambac
04-12-2009, 06:54 PM
The Pylon you refer to "D.D" has forgot more football I.Q & know how than you'll ever know. He changes the game immediately. He won more balls & brought people in the game in 20 mins than Barrett could in a season. Keep opining tough, you show more ignorance every post

Listen,

I agree Dichio is better than Barrett. That however doesn't say much. Dicchio is a pylon and Barrett is pure crap. To think MO traded Cunny for Barrett and a 4 year contract is mind boggling. How can you defend such stupidity??????

giambac
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
i want to see a dp on our team by sunday or mo is gone. I'm not waiting in till july

Mo has promised us a Dp for 3 years. A pure bullshiter liar. Why peole still give him the benefit of the doubt I can't understand. We have the supporters, we have the markey, we hav ethe cap space. What is he waiting for??? Maybe he is waiting for permission from his mother.

giambac
04-12-2009, 06:59 PM

THE FUNNY THING IS THAT I WAS ALSO RIGHT. i WAS SITTING WITH MY BUDDDY IN OUR SEATS AND I LOOKED AT THE CLOCK. HE SAID WE WOULD WIN WITH 15 MINUTES LEFT. i SAID WE WOULDN'T BECAUSE CARVER WOULD MAKE SOME KIND OF BONEHEAD MOVE TO ALTER THE GAME. GUESS WHAT

i WAS RIGHT!!!!!I

giambac
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Dilute him down and giambiac has a point.

One point of six in our two first games at home? Losing two points to a team that was on pace to lose their first five games? Giving up dangerous chances to Dallas who should have had no business being in the game? Not encouraging. Frei had to work way too hard for his pay cheque yesterday. Toronto was handily outshot by a last place team...

YET PEOPLE IGNORE THIS AND LOOK AT THE POSITIVES.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE POSITIVES ARE IN EARNING 1 POINT OUT OF 6 AT HOME!!!

Carter
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
say all u want. If they listened to my requests last year we wouldn't still be in this same mess. U keep on making arguments and excuses but nothing and I mean nothing has changed in this team. I guess your content with at besr average dull football:drinking:

This isn't EPL, you will never get that Caliber football in North America. With a salary Cap of 2.5 million.

Some EPL players wipe their asses with 2.5 million.

werewolf
04-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I predict the sun will rise tomorrow.

giambac
04-12-2009, 07:01 PM

OVERNIGHT??????

IT'S BEEN 3 LONNNGGGGGG YEARS.

Carter
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
[/b]

OVERNIGHT??????

IT'S BEEN 3 LONNNGGGGGG YEARS.

And the turn over of players that don't want to play here has made it THAT MUCH EASIER!

Azerban
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I guess your content with at besr average dull football:drinking:

you support it with your season ticket purchases

when is it time for you to put your money where your mouth is

werewolf
04-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Rome wasn't built in 3 years either.

InTheCrowd
Listen,

I agree Dichio is better than Barrett. That however doesn't say much. Dicchio is a pylon and Barrett is pure crap. To think MO traded Cunny for Barrett and a 4 year contract is mind boggling. How can you defend such stupidity??????

Are you people serious? Dichio better than Barrett? They' two totally different types of strikers! Dichio is NOT a pylon and Barrett is NOT pure crap. Mo did NOT trade Cunningham for Barrett. Mo traded the rights to Brian McBride to Chicago for Barrett, a first round draft pick and allocation money. Mo traded Cunningham for a third round draft pick. Where did you come up with the idea of Cunningham for Barrett? Cunningham didn't even go to Chicago.

You really need to calm down and know what you're saying before you say it.

giambac

I agree. Our style of play is boring and ineffective.

We got a tie in Columbus from a lucky own goal from DERO free kick.

Yeterday we get a tie from a header off a free thrwo. That's about it. That's the style and creativity we have from this team and coaching staff. And peole want to wait another 5-6 games and still defend our style, our coaches. WOW! WOW! WOW!

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 07:07 PM
THE FUNNY THING IS THAT I WAS ALSO RIGHT. i WAS SITTING WITH MY BUDDDY IN OUR SEATS AND I LOOKED AT THE CLOCK. HE SAID WE WOULD WIN WITH 15 MINUTES LEFT. i SAID WE WOULDN'T BECAUSE CARVER WOULD MAKE SOME KIND OF BONEHEAD MOVE TO ALTER THE GAME. GUESS WHAT

i WAS RIGHT!!!!!I

The loss had nothing to do with this so called "bonehead move" which didn't negatively alter the game.

werewolf
04-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Rome wasn't built in 3 years either.

btw, its been barely 2 and a half years. Not "3 longgggggggg years"

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree. Our style of play is boring and ineffective.

We got a tie in Columbus from a lucky own goal from DERO free kick.

Yeterday we get a tie from a header off a free thrwo. That's about it. That's the style and creativity we have from this team and coaching staff. And peole want to wait another 5-6 games and still defend our style, our coaches. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Hey, don't knock the "Serioux throw of death", it's our main source of offense and a training ground staple. :p

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Mo has promised us a Dp for 3 years. A pure bullshiter liar. Why peole still give him the benefit of the doubt I can't understand. We have the supporters, we have the markey, we hav ethe cap space. What is he waiting for??? Maybe he is waiting for permission from his mother.

Why do you want a DP so much? That's just a player with a high salary. It doesn't even mean he'll deliver. I mean we signed DeRo on a non DP salary. You should be happy enough about that! Mo has been doing well as general manager.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 07:09 PM

Did you just argue with yourself? :p

Carter
04-12-2009, 07:09 PM

Yeah 3rd season just started. Only 4 games in FFS

werewolf
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you just argue with yourself? :p

no :lol: I just didn't want to quote the person who said it, as it appears to people who have that person ignored.

giambac
04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey, don't knock the "Serioux throw of death", it's our main source of offense and a training ground staple. :p

I know.

It's the only paly we have in our playbook:p

Daveisonfire
04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
I haven't read this thread, and I don't plan to...but I'm going to assume its about seeing the Malvern Shuffle in red......definitely was a long time coming!!:)

giambac
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah 3rd season just started. Only 4 games in FFS

4 games out of 30.

13% of the season is gone. Sure why not wait until 60% is gone and wasted.:(

werewolf
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
we have 5 points of 12, or 41%. 41% of 13% is 5%. So only 8% is wasted so far.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
4 games out of 30.

13% of the season is gone. Sure why not wait until 60% is gone and wasted.:(

Chill out. Wait a couple more games and if we're still losing then you can talk. But I guarantee you that won't happen. Don't hit your child before he breaks the lamp, hit them after.

Inswingingwingman
04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Just hire jiambac as TFC god. Fire everyone, all new players new coaches. Grass will fix everything, only if you can smoke it.

300 new urinals, free beer, no children or women unless they have iron underwear, and a roof.

No non-supporters, clear out the middle sections, and just a 10,000 person south end with freedom to throw glass quarts of beer at anyone.

Wow.

Even better fire all TFC management, the coaches, the players and start over with giambac as head dude. New stadium, new tv deal, and the club supported by Molson with free beer for all. He's gonna pay, cause god has deep pockets.

N-N-Not.

dannyd
04-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Chill out. Wait a couple more games and if we're still losing then you can talk. But I guarantee you that won't happen. Don't hit your child before he breaks the lamp, hit them after.
I've been listening to that for over two years now and I'm getting sick of hearing it. Wait a couple more games... wait till next year... wait till our 5 year plan.

It's called getting DUPED... and I can't believe how many people are buying it. Carver is not the man for the job. If you want to wait another two years fine.

When my pipes are leaking and I've established where the problem is, I like to fix the leak, not say, well let's wait until the weekend and see if the leaks stopped by then.

tfc
04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Just hire jiambac as TFC god. Fire everyone, all new players new coaches. Grass will fix everything, only if you can smoke it.

300 new urinals, free beer, no children or women unless they have iron underwear, and a roof.

No non-supporters, clear out the middle sections, and just a 10,000 person south end with freedom to throw glass quarts of beer at anyone.

Wow.

Even better fire all TFC management, the coaches, the players and start over with giambac as head dude. New stadium, new tv deal, and the club supported by Molson with free beer for all. He's gonna pay, cause god has deep pockets.

N-N-Not.

and remember, if a player has a bad game, he gets the boot.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I've been listening to that for over two years now and I'm getting sick of hearing it. Wait a couple more games... wait till next year... wait till our 5 year plan.

It's called getting DUPED... and I can't believe how many people are buying it. Carver is not the man for the job. If you want to wait another two years fine.

When my pipes are leaking and I've established where the problem is, I like to fix the leak, not say, well let's wait until the weekend and see if the leaks stopped by then.

Look, last season Johny showed us that he could do well with the club (at the start of the season). We all know how bad it got an all, but the point is that Johny is capable of succeeding with Toronto FC. He made mistakes last season, but he learned from them. He knows what works and what doesn't because he learned from last season since it was his first season as a head coach in the MLS. Give it a few more games and if it still doesn't change I'll agree with you.

MUFC_Niagara
04-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I've reached Giambac status ... that means so much. lol

Well to be fair, you've been reasonable for the most part after the match yesterday!

TFC USA
04-12-2009, 08:09 PM
At this point, the only way Carver can win me back is if he goes on a shooting rampage and eliminates the Columbus Crew and New York Red Bulls.

MUFC_Niagara
04-12-2009, 08:15 PM

i WAS RIGHT!!!!!I

Did you're buddy predict you'd go over the top with a wacky thread and the caps lock button on the RPB board too?

LucaGol
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Well to be fair, you've been reasonable for the most part after the match yesterday!

Hey, you can't it away now :p

greatwhitenorf
04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Giambac, for all the squealing and squawking you do, you NEVER offer a legitimate alternative suggestion or scenario to what exists at present. If you have all the answers, kindly spell out what has to be done, in exact measures - coaches, players, tactical changes - you would make to have Toronto match your wildly unrealistic expectations.

You don't have that ability, do you, cher enfant? You were hatched 15 minutes before TFC were born, weaned on a diet of Champions League highlights, and act like you have some sort of entitlement to watch Brazil '70 every time you turn up at for an MLS game.

Give your head a shake and maybe the pea rattling inside will tap some common sense into you. These are the most ridiculous threads anyone posts on this forum. Can't wait til you're old enough to start masturbating and find something else to do than bother us with this drivel.

RicoSuave44
04-12-2009, 08:33 PM

agreed^

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Giambac, for all the squealing and squawking you do, you NEVER offer a legitimate alternative suggestion or scenario to what exists at present. If you have all the answers, kindly spell out what has to be done, in exact measures - coaches, players, tactical changes - you would make to have Toronto match your wildly unrealistic expectations.

You don't have that ability, do you, cher enfant? You were hatched 15 minutes before TFC were born, weaned on a diet of Champions League highlights, and act like you have some sort of entitlement to watch Brazil '70 every time you turn up at for an MLS game.

Give your head a shake and maybe the pea rattling inside will tap some common sense into you. These are the most ridiculous threads anyone posts on this forum. Can't wait til you're old enough to start masturbating and find something else to do than bother us with this drivel.

Haha! Post of the year much? :D

Blizzard
04-12-2009, 08:51 PM

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/800/593038.JPG

J .
04-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Guys we have gotten points in three out of the first four games. 1 win 2 draws and 1 loss.

How on earth is it time to panic? We are getting points and that is what counts. Four games in there are a lot of positives. When we stretch the field we can be very dangerous.

Mo has built a good young team and the pieces are coming together. It is taking time and half way through the five year process the team is coming together as he has said it would.

It is likely he will bring in a DP the next transfer window. Serioux and Harmse are improving as a backline while Frei is looking like the real deal in net. DeRo and Guevara are only to become more deadlier while Cronin and Ibbe are looking to have a great future too. Heck, Barrett is getting chances... it would be different if he was not noticeable but he is working hard.

A win next Sunday and we would have pointed in 4/5. How bad is that?

MUFC_Niagara
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM

OH SNAP!!!!! This IS the post of the year by far! Well done son!

napoli73
04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
This is what i would like to see TFC work on.

We have to stop...

Launching the ball down field.

Long thrown-ins when we are nowhere near the goal...isn't it better to put it into play and build up in possession instead of a 50/50 launch to someone miles away??

Having Barrett start games.

Rushing the ball up field.....counter attack is good but only when the opportunity presents itself.

We have to start..

Passing with some sort of confidence....defenders will eventually get tired of chasing balls around and tend to stop pressing which in turn opens up things up and give the man with the ball more time.

Get open to help the guy with the ball...even if you are not going forward...going back to build up is ok.

Spread the play across the field not just up and down.

If we want to play the long ball then do it in the form of an early cross into the box instead of from the centre were it is easier to defend.

I can't help to blame Carver for this sort of play....what is he teaching them in training?

giambac
04-12-2009, 09:32 PM

This is the message of the year if not the century.:drinking:

Lets see - according to you we should do nothing. Just sit back and come last again this year. It will be a perfect record. 3 years in the league and 3 years of coming last. At least u can say we are consistent.

According to you we should wait until next year. Or better yet let's wait until the 5 year plan by Mo is thru or better yet lets wait until there are 10 more expansion teams in the league and maybe we can beat 1 or 2 of them. Or better yet let's have a coed league and maybe we can beat them. Or better yet let's sign both Mo and Carver to life term contracts and give them a key to the city for the great jobs they have been doing:eek:

werewolf
04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Why did you post "according to you" two times, and then type sentences that have no correlation to what you quoted?

He just asked if you had reasonable alternatives or just want to keep complaining.

werewolf
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Furthermore, I would like to know what the second and third time was, when we finished last in the league.

nascarguy
04-12-2009, 09:47 PM
the market closes some time this week if we do not sign someone I'm not waiting in till the market opens up in the summer. mo will be gone by the end of the month win or lose. for our next home game i'll be calling him out by making a banner.

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I stopped giving Carver the benefit of the doubt last night when I saw the lineup. He's obviously short on a few simple concepts.
Barrett should never have started, Dichio should either start or come on earlier, the DeRo substitution was baffling. Playing Ibbe on the wing was a gamble, and I think it's way too soon for the coach to need to start gambling.

Playing Ibbe on the wing turned in one of the most promising performances this year from a winger. He should get complete credit for that but everyone is too busy throwing him under the bus.
Seeing as most people posting here have him fired by Monday, maybe it is time to gamble.....

giambac
04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Why did you post "according to you" two times, and then type sentences that have no correlation to what you quoted?

He just asked if you had reasonable alternatives or just want to keep complaining.

alternative 1 - fire your head coach as did canada's national team becasue Mitcheel sucked
alternative 2- fire your GM who knows fuck all about the game and has no proven record as a winner and he not fulfilled on his promises. Has he ver won as a coach or manager? Please enlighten me.

Alternative 3 - you can hire a street person who will do a better job athan Mo or carver

alternative 4 - start Vitti - why did they bring him here? to keep Carver warm and cuddly on the bench?

alternative 5 - scout for some players in Europe and south America
alternative 6 - don't change your lineup every game. Why did they change from game 1?
alternative 7 - ask both Mo and Carver to enroll in a soccer 101 class
alternative 8 - trade Barrett to any team for anything - even for a water bottle and a soccer ball - just get his 4 yrar contract off of our books. Who in their right mind saw anything in this guy. 4 years WoW ! Mo must have been smokin some real good stuff.

alternative 9 - lobby for 10 more expansion teams . Hopefully we will be able to beat one of them.
alternativ e 10 - lobby to include CSL teams and minor league teams in the CC matches - maybe then with our coaching we maybe able to beat a team from Woodstock or ancaster or from the prairies.

reggie
04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm just tired of this make the playoffs thing...we could be 5 games below 500 and go scoreless for 5 games (last season) and still make the playoffs...wow that's fucking great...how about saying we want to win the league..
do you guys remember how unwatchable this team was in june, july, and aug last season.

Azerban
04-12-2009, 10:00 PM
This is the message of the year if not the century.:drinking:

Lets see - according to you we should do nothing. Just sit back and come last again this year. It will be a perfect record. 3 years in the league and 3 years of coming last. At least u can say we are consistent.

According to you we should wait until next year. Or better yet let's wait until the 5 year plan by Mo is thru or better yet lets wait until there are 10 more expansion teams in the league and maybe we can beat 1 or 2 of them. Or better yet let's have a coed league and maybe we can beat them. Or better yet let's sign both Mo and Carver to life term contracts and give them a key to the city for the great jobs they have been doing:eek:

you support it with your season ticket purchases

when is it time for you to put your money where your mouth is

hmmmm

Azerban
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
seriously if it makes you this unhappy what is the breaking point

where do you say "fuck it, i'm never coming back"

i for one would love to know

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
the market closes some time this week if we do not sign someone I'm not waiting in till the market opens up in the summer. mo will be gone by the end of the month win or lose. for our next home game i'll be calling him out by making a banner.

Really, though, won't there be lots more players available when the market opens up? Why be so desperate? Every agent in the world will smell that desperation. It's like looking around the bar at closing time, looking to take home whatever drunk chick is still there. Don't do it, man.

You can still win the Cup with a great run in the second half of the season. This team already has enough guys who can't seem to play with each other, let's at least try and find one who'll fit in.

nascarguy
04-12-2009, 10:02 PM
if we get 45 points or more this season that would be good

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM

No, it's not a matter of never coming back, it's a matter of changing expectations to becoming lovable losers like the Cubs. It just becomes a different kind of support.

I grew up supporting the Montreal Expos. In a strike shortened year they won a half-season pennant, one playoff series and then got knocked out by the Dodgers. It was more than we ever expected.

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Playing Ibbe on the wing turned in one of the most promising performances this year from a winger. He should get complete credit for that but everyone is too busy throwing him under the bus.
Seeing as most people posting here have him fired by Monday, maybe it is time to gamble.....

I never said it didnt work, merely that it indicates we are already taking desperate measures in game four.

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
alternative 1 - fire your head coach as did canada's national team becasue Mitcheel sucked
alternative 2- fire your GM who knows fuck all about the game and has no proven record as a winner and he not fulfilled on his promises. Has he ver won as a coach or manager? Please enlighten me.

Alternative 3 - you can hire a street person who will do a better job athan Mo or carver

alternative 4 - start Vitti - why did they bring him here? to keep Carver warm and cuddly on the bench?

alternative 6 - don't change your lineup every game. Why did they change from game 1?
alternative 8 - trade Barrett to any team for anything - even for a water bottle and a soccer ball - just get his 4 yrar contract off of our books. Who in their right mind saw anything in this guy. 4 years WoW ! Mo must have been smokin some real good stuff.

alternative 9 - lobby for 10 more expansion teams . Hopefully we will be able to beat one of them.
alternativ e 10 - lobby to include CSL teams and minor league teams in the CC matches - maybe then with our coaching we maybe able to beat a team from Woodstock or ancaster or from the prairies.

1 - and bring in who?
2 - and bring in who?
3 - his name being?
4 - is he injured?
5 - ummmm, have you seen where some of our line up is from?
6 - international call ups?
7 - points for creativity, none for reality
8 - who's the reasonable alternative? an injured Vitti? Dichio who can't do 90 minutes?
9 & 10 - ummm, did you get some of what you accused Mo of in #8?

nascarguy
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM

you want to know what the breaking is for me cfl line on the field.

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I never said it didnt work, merely that it indicates we are already taking desperate measures in game four.

Wasn't saying that you indicated it didn't. I actually like the move on a tactical basis, not necessarily desperation. I'm not sure Fuad is ready to go head to head with the CB's in the league yet. The whole boys vs men issue. His skills matched up with playing the wing, and let's face it, that wing IMO was the need that HAD to be addressed first.

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I grew up supporting the Montreal Expos. In a strike shortened year they won a half-season pennant, one playoff series and then got knocked out by the Dodgers. It was more than we ever expected.

Are you saying we should embrace being crap, so we can be 'lovable losers with great supporters?'

fuck that, sorry, not interested.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:10 PM

Don't bother - your ideas will be wasted on the apologists (and there are quite a few these days)

THA BUTCHA
04-12-2009, 10:11 PM
To Giambac and crew,

Don't stress to hard about making your point here. There are people on this board that have a little more than a FAN interest in this Team of ours. It's in their best interest to not criticize TFC Management and to "shout down" others that may disagree with the direction the team is headed. Due to their perceived sense of importance, either bestowed upon themselves or by the current TFC management.

If you struggle to understand how some people can defend the actions of Carver and TFC management, maybe I can help.

I think the reason is that they feel insecure on how far this team is entrenched in the Toronto sports scene. I.e. If this team sucks and everyone knows it the team will fold and I won't have another soccer team to cheer for. I think this is BS. TFC isn't going anywhere, regardless of how bad they are. But to refuse or deny the fact that there are serious problems with the tactics and the management of this team, you have sentenced this team to remain in mediocrity forever.

Criticizing the coaching and tactics is healthy for a football club. It keeps them honest and reaffirms the fact that the fans think winning is the most important thing. Not flags, chants, beer, standing, sitting, etc, etc...

RESULTS on the field is the most important. I repeat, RESULTS. Some people don't understand this and if you look at the topic list on this website for example, you will realize that results to them seem to be less important.

So to close GIAMBAC don't waste your breath trying to defend your point of view against the people that I have described above. They will never understand.

Keep your head up.

B.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:13 PM
To Giambac and crew,

Don't stress to hard about making your point here. There are people on this board that have a little more than a FAN interest in this Team of ours. It's in their best interest to not criticize TFC Management and to "shout down" others that may disagree with the direction the team is headed. Due to their perceived sense of importance, either bestowed upon themselves or by the current TFC management.

If you struggle to understand how some people can defend the actions of Carver and TFC management, maybe I can help.

I think the reason is that they feel insecure on how far this team is entrenched in the Toronto sports scene. I.e. If this team sucks and everyone knows it the team will fold and I won't have another soccer team to cheer for. I think this is BS. TFC isn't going anywhere, regardless of how bad they are. But to refuse or deny the fact that there are serious problems with the tactics and the management of this team, you have sentenced this team to remain in mediocrity forever.

Criticizing the coaching and tactics is healthy for a football club. It keeps them honest and reaffirms the fact that the fans think winning is the most important thing. Not flags, chants, beer, standing, sitting, etc, etc...

RESULTS on the field is the most important. I repeat, RESULTS. Some people don't understand this and if you look at the topic list on this website for example, you will realize that results to them seem to be less important.

So to close GIAMBAC don't waste your breath trying to defend your point of view against the people that I have described above. They will never understand.

Keep your head up.

B.

AMEN to that.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
To Giambac and crew,

Keep your head up.

B.

But, but, but, what about the five year plan? :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

Beach_Red
04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Are you saying we should embrace being crap, so we can be 'lovable losers with great supporters?'

fuck that, sorry, not interested.

It's not my first choice, that's for sure ;). And it should never come to that in a salary cap league (the Expos were always a 'small market team' and that really started to make a difference in the 80's).

But this team isn't playing any better than they did in the first two seasons and they now have much better players. To see this team come out so flat in the home opener was a bit of a turning point for me. The last game last season was also a disgrace, but I thought the upgrade in players would help.

napoli73
04-12-2009, 10:17 PM
you want to know what the breaking is for me cfl line on the field.

LOL ya those lines i think would break me also.

I think its not a matter of going out and getting players because we have done that, and from what i have seen has made little difference. The team lacks some depth in key positions but i'm sure that will be addressed. The team plays well when the move the ball around and build up plays...this is taught on the training ground and Carver has this team playing the same way as he did last year....very ugly to watch.

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 10:18 PM
To Giambac and crew,

Keep your head up.

B.

Criticizing those who criticize does the same thing.

s2cazz
04-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Agreed... On the field we look better than last year... its a lack of a finisher that is really killing us...Dero and Serioux have helped a lot and I think/HOPE TO GOD Vitti will work out to be a force to be reckoned with by the end of the season. Carver is all class, doing a great job, and I stand behind him 100%...Mo on the other hand I'm not too sure of..

edit: a lack of finisher and abbundance of forwards is scary. cut some of the fat

Shakes McQueen
04-13-2009, 06:27 AM

1,2,3,7,8,9,10 aren't suggestions, they are just set-up lines for insults. As usual, your only solution is to fire or trade players, with no idea of who we should be signing, or bringing in, in their place.

The closest you ever come to an actual solution, is your typical cry of "scout in South America/Africa!" That isn't a solution, and the signings of Vitti and the two Gambian kids this winter, indicate that Mo probably already is. Your assumption seems to be that if only we would look hard enough, there's enough Fredy Montero's for everyone!

So we are left with "start Vitti", and "don't change the lineup", which is literally impossible to due international call-ups.

Which leaves us with "start Vitti", your only actual valid suggestion here. And this suggestion contradicts your comment insinuating that we should have kept our week one lineup (which Vitti was not a part of).

You're a man of complaints, not solutions. All you do is complain about the level of play, the style of play, three quarters of the players on the team, all of the management staff, our stadium, where we scout, the list goes on and on.

When the team is doing well, you never post here. When the team starts having a run of bad results, you always come back with gusto, peddling your usual schtick. I have no proof of this, but I think your heart is actually a machine powered by disappointment and sadness.

We are four games into this season, and half of our starting lineup is new. If by July-August our team still hasn't found their form, I will reconsider my opinions on Carver. But not four fixtures into a 30 fixture schedule.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
04-13-2009, 06:30 AM

This should be required reading for new users here, so they know what they are dealing with, when they see a Giambac post.

- Scott

trane
04-13-2009, 06:42 AM
We are four games into this season, and half of our starting lineup is new. If by July-August our team still hasn't found their form, I will reconsider my opinions on Carver. But not four fixtures into a 30 fixture schedule.

- Scott

This is reasonable, and realy all that I am asking for, not to allow us to blow another season. The only thing that I would say is that July-August is too late as you may not have enough time to save this season 10 games is more then enough to a time frame to have a sense of were this team is going this year.

Oldtimer
04-13-2009, 07:45 AM
What I love is that giambac never comes on here when the Reds win, only when he can bitch and complain. I have never seen any constructive ideas from him.

Should we hold management accountable? Of course.

Should we say things like we should get a street person as coach? Beyond laughable.

Like any GM, Mo has his strengths and weaknesses. His weakness is in getting international talent. Vitti doesn't seem quite good enough. Welsh was a disaster. Dichio is decent enough, though he won't be here next year. Give Mo credit, though, for a brilliant draft. Cronin is a great addition. Frei is going to be one of the best 'keepers in MLS, and it wasn't an "obvious" selection like some have said Edu was. Frei was passed over by 12 GMs before Mo picked him up! We have yet to see what O'Brien White will bring us, but I have every expectation that he will be a great find.

The only lingering question about Mo is whether his weaknesses in international deals are stronger than his superior drafting skills.

Carver seems a little weak on tactical skill. He is great, however, in passion and in man-management. What's stronger, his weaknesses or his strengths? We'll see. He seems willing to learn from his mistakes, so that is a good sign.

The only alternative available at the time Mo was hired was Bruce Arena. Look at the Galaxy this year! He has hardly turned them around to a winning team.

MLSE has been a great owner in terms of willingness to pay for a good infrastructure, and support staff like Winsper, and also in terms of media exposure. TFC on GOL TV? Great! However, MLSE's weakness is in their willingness to tolerate less than victory. JFJ for the Leafs is a perfect example, he went on waaayyy to long before he was finally fired. So if TFC has a bad season, we'll see what they do.

So, the end of year 3 is a good time to evaluate everything. Do I want the Reds to win right now? Of course. But look at DC United. Every year at the beginning, they stink. Then they manage to get things together by the end and put in a strong push in the playoffs. It happens every year. So I'd argue that 4 games is way to early to judge a team with DeRo and Serioux added (and hopefully a good CB). I'm not an apologist, but a realist.

We're already ahead of last year in results at game 4, going .500. This is good enough to make the playoffs with just a very slight improvement.

David_Oliveira
04-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I think that Management needs to be held accountable but it is too early in the season to do anything. At least wait until a third of the season in. Waiting allows the guys to gel better. Lets hold the leaching mob back for another five games. IF need be, firing MO and Carver leaves us 20 games to catch up in the standings, which is easily attainable.

giambac
04-13-2009, 08:05 AM

I love football. It is the best sport on this planet.
I'm a TFC supporter fro day 1. I won't give up my seats. I do have the right to express my opinion and whenthe team looks like crap I will say it unlike others who com eupo with excuses like it is only our 3rd year, it is only Cravers 2nd year, Mo is only in year 3 of a 5 year plan, the weather was cold, the wind was blowing to much, the refs were poor, Seattle isn't a expansion team, the league has it against us, we ahve to many injuries, we have to many call ups to the national team, we were unlucky etcetc etc etc etc.

STOP WITH THE EXCUSES and call a spade aspade. If the team loks bad and doesn't show signs of improving why would you defend them???????

The Kingpin
04-13-2009, 08:06 AM
To Giambac and crew,

Keep your head up.

B.

Between This ^
And This:

stoked: That is quite intolerant my friend. If someone disagrees with you and has a valid point and points out one's bias in his arguement, he is asked to leave?? I enjoy coming to this site for news, interaction, discussion, but by no means have I offended, broken any rules, etc etc.. This team and supporters group is quite inclusive, yet when someone speaks out against something that is obviously wrong and needs fixing he is just told to look elsewhere?

You guys are proud of your diversity, yet when push comes to shove, you're just as elitist as the people you detest.

I think there needs to be a discussion. Why is it that so many feel this way? Why is there such a separation? People are looking for change with respect to the way the club is playing, why is there such dissension? I've talked before about the groupthink mentality and in my estimation it's getting worse. "Supporters" can get too snowed under if they are fanatical, I think it's good if others who are not so fanatical input their opinion. It is these people that have perspective as they are not obsessive - they have different frame of reference. I don't think it's very healthy to shut them down. For the best of the team and the group. Just a thought.

giambac
04-13-2009, 08:10 AM
To Giambac and crew,

Keep your head up.

B.

Thanks for the post,

I get the sense that most of these so called TFC supporters are falling into the same trap as the long suffering Leafs fans.

And for them to say I'm not a supporter because I crticize the team, the management and the way tehy paly is a real joke. We haven't had soccer in this city for so long and it seems that people will settle for any poor average football just to get their fix.

I just don't get it.

JDG
04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Between This ^
And This:

I think there needs to be a discussion. Why is it that so many feel this way? Why is there such a separation? People are looking for change with respect to the way the club is playing, why is there such dissension? I've talked before about the groupthink mentality and in my estimation it's getting worse. "Supporters" can get too snowed under if they are fanatical, I think it's good if others who are not so fanatical input their opinion. It is these people that have perspective as they are not obsessive - they have different frame of reference. I don't think it's very healthy to shut them down. For the best of the team and the group. Just a thought.

giambac isn't beeing shut down. His account is active, and his thread is open.
His posting patterns closley resemble trolling. He has a tendancy to overstate his points in a deliberately inflammatory manner, and has admitted that he gets a kick out of the reactions he gets.
He is the master of his own fate. If he posted constructive criticisms, and spent some time giving credit where & when it's due, he would get some respect.

Dale_Rojo
04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the post,

I get the sense that most of these so called TFC supporters are falling into the same trap as the long suffering Leafs fans.

And for them to say I'm not a supporter because I crticize the team, the management and the way tehy paly is a real joke. We haven't had soccer in this city for so long and it seems that people will settle for any poor average football just to get their fix.

I just don't get it.
+1 FUCK OFF BARRETT GO GET A NEW TEAM WHICH WILL ACCEPT YOUR SHITTY PLAY AND FINISHING ONLY 2% of your actual great goal scoring chances...... OH WAIT were that fucking team:D

giambac
04-13-2009, 08:17 AM
1,2,3,7,8,9,10 aren't suggestions, they are just set-up lines for insults. As usual, your only solution is to fire or trade players, with no idea of who we should be signing, or bringing in, in their place.

The closest you ever come to an actual solution, is your typical cry of "scout in South America/Africa!" That isn't a solution, and the signings of Vitti and the two Gambian kids this winter, indicate that Mo probably already is. Your assumption seems to be that if only we would look hard enough, there's enough Fredy Montero's for everyone!

So we are left with "start Vitti", and "don't change the lineup", which is literally impossible to due international call-ups.

Which leaves us with "start Vitti", your only actual valid suggestion here. And this suggestion contradicts your comment insinuating that we should have kept our week one lineup (which Vitti was not a part of).

You're a man of complaints, not solutions. All you do is complain about the level of play, the style of play, three quarters of the players on the team, all of the management staff, our stadium, where we scout, the list goes on and on.

When the team is doing well, you never post here. When the team starts having a run of bad results, you always come back with gusto, peddling your usual schtick. I have no proof of this, but I think your heart is actually a machine powered by disappointment and sadness.

- Scott

Look I'm not the GM and I'm not the coach. I'm not paid to scout players, to find talent, to sign players or to make the strating lineup. Mo and Carver are paid for this. They have fucked up since day 1. My suggestion or alternative is to fire one or both of them and get someone who will do a better job. I don't have names and I don'rt care for names or who they bring in.

Bottom line is this.

bring anyone in to replce them because you get get worse than you have. YOU CAN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN WE HAVE BEEN THE PAST 2 YEARS AND ANY WORSE THAN THE WAY WE HAVE PLAYEDTHE PAST 2 WEEKS.

GET IT????

why did Chelseas fire Scolari so early in their season?

why should we wait until after another losing season????

giambac
04-13-2009, 08:23 AM
His posting patterns closley resemble trolling. He has a tendancy to overstate his points in a deliberately inflammatory manner, and has admitted that he gets a kick out of the reactions he gets.
He is the master of his own fate. If he posted constructive criticisms, and spent some time giving credit where & when it's due, he would get some respect.

JDG,

I opened a thread and kept my posts to this thread.

This isn't trolling. I offered my opinion which as eveident by the responses there are several and growing amount of people who are unhaappy with the teams play and management decions. This isn't trolling. This is expressing our opinion sand frustrations. I post and people respond to my comments some of whom slam me and I respond back to them. This is called dialogue and discussion.

In the end we all want what is best for this team. we all are supporters and want the team to win. ;)

giambac
04-13-2009, 08:29 AM

One more thing JDG,

I do give credit when it is due.

I came on this board and congratulated Mo for the signings of both DERO and Serioux.

I didn't come in and post after their embarrasing loss to Seattle last week. Many posted their complaints and frustrations. I held back and gave them the benefit of the doubt for thier most embarraasing loss. So to say I'm alwAYS NEGATIVE IS NOT CORRECT. I beleieve it is more correct to say that some of the supporters are always looking for excuses regardless of how poorly the team plays.

I poste dafter this weeks game becasue I'm seeing the similarities to last years team and the way they are playing. I don't want another long season of poor football with poor results. I don't think any of us want that.

olegunnar
04-13-2009, 08:29 AM
If he posted constructive criticisms, and spent some time giving credit where & when it's due, he would get some respect.

Why is the onus solely on those that are critical of the team and its performance to date?

What about the legions of drunks that prefer the Vitti is gonna score 15 goals this year..wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo TFC!!!!!!!!!!!!! or
Sutton is the best goalie in the league he deserves to be an all star! Book it. Peace out.

I think it's safe to say that with so many posters on this board there will be differing opinions, I just never understood why those that are concerned and critical of the teams performance are shouted down and held to a different standard than the legion of kool aid drinkers.

Being critical of the team doesn't mean you want it to fail...it means you really want them to succeed, but you're concerned it will fail.

JDG
04-13-2009, 08:35 AM
JDG,

I opened a thread and kept my posts to this thread.

This isn't trolling. I offered my opinion which as eveident by the responses there are several and growing amount of people who are unhaappy with the teams play and management decions. This isn't trolling. This is expressing our opinion sand frustrations. I post and people respond to my comments some of whom slam me and I respond back to them. This is called dialogue and discussion.

In the end we all want what is best for this team. we all are supporters and want the team to win. ;)

giambac, if I thought you were trolling I would shut you down You already know that.
My comments are a reflection of the image you have created for yourself. It's the way most people see you, and the reactions to your posts are driven partially by your words, and partially by your image.
When you were banned, and then allowed back, there was an agreement to modify your behaviour, and you are keeping up your end.
Contrary to what some think, we don't support censorship at all. It's not the dissention that we prune; it's the outrageously communicated rants that serve no purpose but to flame.
Keep this as a discussion, and not a rant and we're all good.
You should have noticed that my comments were directed at kingpin, and his opinion on the group's behaviour, not you.

Shakes McQueen
04-13-2009, 08:38 AM
why did Chelseas fire Scolari so early in their season?

Scolari had way more than four games to get results, and he was the manager of a club with world-class players, and NO cap-restrictions whatsoever. He also came in to a club that had been to the Champions League final the season before.

Scolari was ultimately canned, because his players just weren't playing for him anymore.

Arsenal had a run of four or five nil-nil draws early in their season, and even lost to the likes of Stoke and Hull City. Using your logic and demands, Arsene Wenger would have been fired twice over by now.

Manchester United lost to Liverpool and Fulham, almost lost to Sunderland, and drew with FC Porto. Using your logic, SAF would be on the verge of being sacked.

My point, is that four games is far too little time to judge whether this is just a slow start for the team due to not finding their form, or a failure of tactics on Carver's part. Last season our team was incredibly streaky, and this year we should theoretically be better, due to our additions. This leads me to believe it's just a slow start.

When we got off to our great start last season, and then had our horrible summer of dropped points, it wasn't like Carver suddenly forgot how to coach. Nor did he suddenly remember again, when we finished really strong.

Yesterday wasn't Carver's fault. We finish off 2-3 of our pile of amazing chances, and suddenly none of us are having this conversation. Well, maybe you would, but no one else would be. We'd all just be happy.

I question the wisdom of his decision to start Barrett, but I get his philosophy behind why he did it. I hope he doesn't start Chad next weekend.

Ultimately we are THREE POINTS out of first in the East, after four rounds. This kind of panicky "saving our season" nonsense isn't justified yet.

- Scott

napoli73
04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
This kind of panicky "saving our season" nonsense isn't justified yet.

- Scott

I agree with you, but i think most people on here expected great improvements this year over last but are getting the same quality of play. This leads to all the frustrations the supporters are expressing. It is obvious to all who enjoy football where the problems are. I for one, see a team that is in need of a quality CB, depth to allow players to play their natural positions, better passing and ball distribution without the rushing to make plays, a striker who strikes when given chances, and for gods sake!! please!!! 2 years of ping pong long ball soccer is killing me!

fetajr
04-13-2009, 09:53 AM

I agree 100%... but does ANSELMI know football? hiiiighly fuckin doubt it.

Mo might fire Carver, but who will he hire? Mo might take his place in the intirim. Mo will eventually hire someone, but will it be a highly qualified south american or european?... i doubt it b/c Mo probably won't agree with that person's football strategy and ideology. Mo will probably go for a British or North American guy since he'll have more in common with him, share the same football ideas and go for a pint after a day's work... and i guarantee we'll continue being fucked.

Now if Anselmi fires Mo and Co. ...who the fuck is Anselmi? How will he know where to go to find a GREAT manager? I guess he can hire Gord Kirke to find the best possible candidate within their budget to run the team...similar to what MLSE did for the leafs. But does Gord Kirke know football?..

This is looking bleak.

maninb
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
giambac has been a screaming "sky is falling" since day one...he was advocating sacking Carver BEFORE the season even began...While I'll think Carver could use his substitutions better(Vitti should have been on far earlier Saturday), IMO it's still too early to panic like giambac continually does. We are still CREATING loads of chances and hopefully we'll start finishing better...We still need a CB DESPERATELY but I'm also hopeful Mo will address that in the not-too-distant future...Go TFC!

jloome
04-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Mo will probably go for aone, but will it be a highly qualified soBritish or North American guy since he'll have more in common with him, share the same football ideas and go for a pint after a day's work... and i guarantee we'll continue being fucked..

Yeah, aside from the fact that this entire thread is ridiculous panic for four games into a season, it's worth pointing out that almost every successful coach in this league's history has been either British or North American.

Sigi Schmidt is American, not German. Steve Nicol is British. Bruce Arena is American. Dominic Kinnear is north american. Frank Yallop is a brit-born naturalized Canadian.

People should engage their brains before they start spouting xenophobic horseshit. It's not where people come from that's important, it's whether they can do the job.

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, aside from the fact that this entire thread is ridiculous panic for four games into a season, it's worth pointing out that almost every successful coach in this league's history has been either British or North American.

Sigi Schmidt is American, not German. Steve Nicol is British. Bruce Arena is American. Dominic Kinnear is north american. Frank Yallop is a brit-born naturalized Canadian.

People should engage their brains before they start spouting xenophobic horseshit. It's not where people come from that's important, it's whether they can do the job.

Mate, remember where our league ranks world wide? Where you come from makes a hell lot of a difference. Growing up in Canada you're surrounded by all sorts of sports with footy in the background. Growing up in most of Europe and South America you know the system in and out. I know that it all comes down to knowledge but you get the advantage in these places. Who are the most successful managers in the world? And where do they come from?

jloome
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Mate, remember where our league ranks world wide? Where you come from makes a hell lot of a difference. Growing up in Canada you're surrounded by all sorts of sports with footy in the background. Growing up in most of Europe and South America you know the system in and out. I know that it all comes down to knowledge but you get the advantage in these places. Who are the most successful managers in the world? And where do they come from?

I've just listed you the most successful managers IN THIS LEAGUE, so it's a bit moot who they are elsewhere, isn't it?

Beach_Red
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I've just listed you the most successful managers IN THIS LEAGUE, so it's a bit moot who they are elsewhere, isn't it?

Yes, the only thing that matters is success is this league. And it takes a particular kind of coach to run with the wonky roster the MLS sets up. It's challenging, but some guys seem to be able to do it more consistently than others.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
The Salary cap needs to be increased to 5 MILLION!!

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:02 PM

My point is, the most successful managers in this league aren't even close to the most successful in the world. And when you look at where the world's most successful managers are from, you'll see it's mostly Europe. I would much rather have one of the world's most successful managers than one of the leagues previous most successful manager.

Yes, the only thing that matters is success is this league. And it takes a particular kind of coach to run with the wonky roster the MLS sets up. It's challenging, but some guys seem to be able to do it more consistently than others.

Oh my. It's easier to manage an MLS team than an Eredevise team etc. It's not as challenging as being up there in the big leagues. It's different, but easier.

Jack
04-13-2009, 01:11 PM
While I don't espouse Giambac's "fire everyone" mentality, I must admit I am less than impressed by our start to the season and the excuses are starting to wear thin.

How long before eternal optimism turns into a disconnection from reality?

It's time for this team to start delivering. We've had enough time to put something together. We've had enough time to get the players working together and get some sort of tactical consistency going, but it just hasn't happened.

There is no cohesion. We don't look like a team, we look like a collection of players. Many passes go to open space or to the other team instead of to teammates. We still have a gaping hole in the middle of our defense. We still haven't had a goal from our forwards. If Barrett were just "in a slump" I wouldn't mind, but I've seen him miss two sitters that he has no business missing. This has now cost us a win. I've also seen him involved in the buildup only to screw it up and shoot high or wide or lose the ball. It got to the point on Saturday where I was hoping he wouldn't be the one getting the ball when we were pressuring their area.

So far, after four games, I don't see last year's problems as being fixed. Still no goals and still terrible defensively. There is no one to marshall the defense and yell at Serioux when he gets running around. No one to read the play and tell Robbo or Cronin when to pressure or when to lay off.

The only upgrade we've had is in goal, where Frei has been very solid in his two outings. If not for him, I doubt we would have come away with a point on Saturday or from Columbus, where he made a couple of spectacular saves.

Things look like a mess and have since the Columbus game, three in a row...

Not all is doom and gloom, but my patience isn't limitless, either. I'm not ready to pull the chute yet, but at the midway point of the season, if things are not considerably advanced, then I'll be joining giambac's chorus.

Fort York Redcoat
04-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't understand this thread title. Has the time come or is it overdue?

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 01:21 PM
My point is, the most successful managers in this league aren't even close to the most successful in the world. And when you look at where the world's most successful managers are from, you'll see it's mostly Europe. I would much rather have one of the world's most successful managers than one of the leagues previous most successful manager.

Oh my. It's easier to manage an MLS team than an Eredevise team etc. It's not as challenging as being up there in the big leagues. It's different, but easier.

How is it easier?

I fail to see that because Eredevisie is a higher league that it's somehow easier to coach a team in MLS. If Eredevisie teams had a salary cap, drafting system, allocation, parity, a single entity league, international scheduling conflicts, a bunch of fieldturf pitches, 24 man squad limit, 'discovery' signings and all of the other nonsensical rules and restrictions on top of a dubious talent pool where the best players are always trying to get out of the league to somewhere higher, then maybe I'd accept what you say and start calling for a dutch coach.

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:27 PM
How is it easier?

I fail to see that because Eredevisie is a higher league that it's somehow easier to coach a team in MLS. If Eredevisie teams had a salary cap, drafting system, allocation, parity, a single entity league, international scheduling conflicts, a bunch of fieldturf pitches, 24 man squad limit, 'discovery' signings and all of the other nonsensical rules and restrictions on top of a dubious talent pool where the best players are always trying to get out of the league to somewhere higher, then maybe I'd accept what you say and start calling for a dutch coach.

And what makes a North American manager more qualified to deal with this?

Toronto_Bhoy
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Not all is doom and gloom, but my patience isn't limitless, either. I'm not ready to pull the chute yet, but at the midway point of the season, if things are not considerably advanced, then I'll be joining giambac's chorus.

ARE YOU GIAMBAC? ARE YOU GIAMBAC?

ARE YOU GIAMBAC IN DISGUISE?

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Who Are Ya?! Who Are Ya?! Who Are Ya?!

jloome
04-13-2009, 01:31 PM

Nothing. That's my point. It's not where people are from, it's their pedigree and/or success where they are now.

Nothing makes a N.A. manager more qualified to deal with this. But reality is that the majority of winning managers in this league have been north american or british. The original point was that we need a south american manager or from elsewhere.

Jack
04-13-2009, 01:34 PM
ARE YOU GIAMBAC? ARE YOU GIAMBAC?

LOL no man :D

But come on! After shitting the bed in the home opener I expected more last Saturday :(

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Nothing. That's my point. It's not where people are from, it's their pedigree and/or success where they are now.

Nothing makes a N.A. manager more qualified to deal with this. But reality is that the majority of winning managers in this league have been north american or british. The original point was that we need a south american manager or from elsewhere.

Ok, I see what you're saying. But how many managers in this league have been European (besides UK) or South American compared to North American managers or managers from the UK?

Beach_Red
04-13-2009, 01:38 PM

No one said anything about a North American coach, what they said was that having experience dealing with all the MLS crap is a good idea.

The main thing is that coaches know going in MLS teams are going to have weak links. They have to be able to deal with that. We've started to see how other teams adjust to TFC as games go on and play on our weaknesses. We don't seem to be able to adjust and eventually teams come back against us - or, like Seattle, just shut us down from the start.

We don't seem to be able to make adjustments against other teams. Or at least we;re not doing it yet, You could tell five minutes after halftime thatDallas was going to come back. They came out in the second half playing a different game and TFC had made no changes. Teams don't fear being a goal behind TFC because they're confident they'll be able to make it up - as so many teams have.

It's frustrating to watch a team that looks so helpless and desperate as the game goes on.

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Experience with the system? familiarity with the foibles of NA sports? Higher likelihood that they actually followed the league before they start coaching in it, and also the higher likelihood they have experienced the league from other angles, such as fitness coaches, ex-players and the like.

MLS coaches know their league. Foreign coaches are going to be exasperated by it's mechanics.

I would be highly dubious about any coach coming in here without some experience in the league, at an assisstant coaching level or as an ex-player or whatever.

Pachuco
04-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Guys we have gotten points in three out of the first four games. 1 win 2 draws and 1 loss.

How on earth is it time to panic? We are getting points and that is what counts. Four games in there are a lot of positives. When we stretch the field we can be very dangerous.

Mo has built a good young team and the pieces are coming together. It is taking time and half way through the five year process the team is coming together as he has said it would.

It is likely he will bring in a DP the next transfer window. Serioux and Harmse are improving as a backline while Frei is looking like the real deal in net. DeRo and Guevara are only to become more deadlier while Cronin and Ibbe are looking to have a great future too. Heck, Barrett is getting chances... it would be different if he was not noticeable but he is working hard.

A win next Sunday and we would have pointed in 4/5. How bad is that?

If you think getting points in 4 out of 5 matches is all that matters, why don't you look at the standings? we have 5 out of a possible 12 points. We've only played 1 good team this year, and that's all we have. It's all about perspective. It's not like we've played Chicago, NE, Real Salt lake.

Your argument just makes absolutely no sense. Oh, and why bring up the DP thing? do you actually know we are getting a DP? cause it's pretty funny that people are still saying we are "likely" getting a DP when we've been saying that for 2.5 years. Hell, MLSE themselves have said it's not a priority.

A win next sunday and things may be different, BUT WE HAVE TO WIN FIRST before you can start counting those points.

dannyd
04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
While I don't espouse Giambac's "fire everyone" mentality, I must admit I am less than impressed by our start to the season and the excuses are starting to wear thin.

It's time for this team to start delivering. We've had enough time to put something together. We've had enough time to get the players working together and get some sort of tactical consistency going, but it just hasn't happened.

There is no cohesion. We don't look like a team, we look like a collection of players. Many passes go to open space or to the other team instead of to teammates. We still have a gaping hole in the middle of our defense. We still haven't had a goal from our forwards. If Barrett were just "in a slump" I wouldn't mind, but I've seen him miss two sitters that he has no business missing. This has now cost us a win. I've also seen him involved in the buildup only to screw it up and shoot high or wide or lose the ball. It got to the point on Saturday where I was hoping he wouldn't be the one getting the ball when we were pressuring their area.

So far, after four games, I don't see last year's problems as being fixed. Still no goals and still terrible defensively. There is no one to marshall the defense and yell at Serioux when he gets running around. No one to read the play and tell Robbo or Cronin when to pressure or when to lay off.

The only upgrade we've had is in goal, where Frei has been very solid in his two outings. If not for him, I doubt we would have come away with a point on Saturday or from Columbus, where he made a couple of spectacular saves.

Jack, I agree with everything you said. Sometimes when the coaching staff is criticized, we're labelled as "wanting to fire everyone" and whiners. This is not the case. I will support this team whether we win or lose.

What I want to see more than winning is a team that plays exciting football and plays like they have left everything on the pitch. To quote Scolari, I want to see a team that will "Win or die trying". I think most of us are just saying that Carver needs to step up his game and the management need to review whether Carver is in over his head. Basically, some of us feel that a post-mortem as to why this team is not playing with any motivation or cohesion. We are getting frustrated because it seems there is just denial from management and they are not working towards fixing our major issues.

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Experience with the system? familiarity with the foibles of NA sports? Higher likelihood that they actually followed the league before they start coaching in it, and also the higher likelihood they have experienced the league from other angles, such as fitness coaches, ex-players and the like.

MLS coaches know their league. Foreign coaches are going to be exasperated by it's mechanics.

I would be highly dubious about any coach coming in here without some experience in the league, at an assisstant coaching level or as an ex-player or whatever.

How are you going to have experience with the system. Ya the likelihood of watching the MLS growing up is higher, but getting used to the "special accommodations" of the MLS doesn't take very long.

I mean seriously, John Carver had no experience with the MLS, but he knows the league in and out now. I mean I'd much rather go with a manager from the Netherlands or Portugal than from England.

Hitcho
04-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I give in. I'm joining the countless other users on here who have added you to their ignore list just so that I don't have to see all the midless negativity you post week in and week out. :noidea:

InTheCrowd
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I give in. I'm joining the countless other users on here who have added you to their ignore list just so that I don't have to see all the midless negativity you post week in and week out. :noidea:

Directed at Giambac?

Beach_Red
04-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I mean seriously, John Carver had no experience with the MLS, but he knows the league in and out now. I mean I'd much rather go with a manager from the Netherlands or Portugal than from England.

Are you at all disaapointed that Sigi was available after leading a team to the Championship and TFC didn't get him? Do you think there may be other coaches on other MLS teams that might be worth talking toÉ

ExiledRed

He knows the league in and out now?

He's lucky he has somebody else doing the trading that's all.

I'd much rather we got the best most experienced coach available, than start making ridiculous assumptions like 'a portugese coach' is better than an 'english' coach.

The best coach in this league is Steve Nicol, and he's scottish. Mo Johnston is also scottish, and is....not the best coach in this league.

Maybe being scottish has nothing to do with their coaching skills?

Hitcho
Directed at Giambac?

yes, not you, sorry if that wasn't clear.

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
How are you going to have experience with the system.

By being a part of the system prior to taking a position in coaching.

It's not unusual that an assistant coach or a player becomes a head coach you know.

Carter
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM

I'd much rather we got the best most experienced coach available, than start making ridiculous assumptions like 'a portugese coach' is better than an 'english' coach.

The best coach in this league is Steve Nicol, and he's scottish. Mo Johnston is also scottish, and is....not the best coach in this league.

HOLY CRAP, lets pick up Dale Mitchell, i hear he is free.....

If your players don't play as a team, it has to do with your coaching skills, it has to do with you have to many different personalities on the field.

Fort York Redcoat
04-13-2009, 01:58 PM

He just said he'd rather a portu-coach. My, you guys love to stir the pot.

JOHNNY CARVER'S-

shaggingscot
04-13-2009, 01:59 PM
4 out of 6 points away from home = good
1 out of 6 points at BMO = unacceptable

I don't care what the fucking reasons are, get it sorted out!

We've played one decent match this season and it was the first one.

Every club goes through a bad stretch, hopefully these last three weeks was ours!

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM

JOHNNY CARVER'S-

Oh whatever man.

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
HOLY CRAP, lets pick up Dale Mitchell, i hear he is free.....

If your players don't play as a team, it has to do with your coaching skills, it has to do with you have to many different personalitys on the field.

OK, you're starting to bother me.

Dale Mitchell has NO MLS EXPERIENCE, and is obviously not the best coach available.

are you special?

BFin
04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I really like this Mitchell idea.

(not sensing the sarcasm makes you very special.)

JDG
04-13-2009, 02:19 PM

JOHNNY CARVER'S-

Substitute the names and nationality with 1 bad coach, 1 good coach, and Portugeuse, and the point has been made.
Nationality, Scottish, Portugeuse, or Iranian, is not what makes a good coach.
Any coach from Portugal, or Italy, who would come to coach here, is just as likely to be a bad fit as a coach from England or Scotland.

Shakes McQueen
04-13-2009, 03:45 PM

This is pretty much my point of view. Four games isn't enough time to make these kinds of sweeping decisions about sacking and trading people. If by summer the ship isn't righted, then it's time to take a good look at who really belongs here.

- Scott

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
it's not been 4 games though.

In Barrett's case it's been 17 games, and he's scored in three of them. This is not good enough.

In Carver's case it's 34 MLS and six CC games, with very little to show for it.

In Mo's case it's 64 MLS games and 6 CC games, a shitload of broken promises, doublespeak and obfuscation. At least he just keeps quiet these days and has stopped throwing out ridiculous riddles that have no answer.(Who was the guy who'd played in three world cups and was the captain of his country anyway?)

I dont want to see Mo or Carver fired at this point either, but a poor performance is a poor performance, they'd both be on rotten ice in any other job.

I would actually be relieved if Barrett and his 4 year contract were traded away.

Carter
04-13-2009, 04:41 PM

In Barrett's case it's been 17 games, and he's scored in three of them. This is not good enough.

In Mo's case it's 64 MLS games and 6 CC games, a shitload of broken promises, doublespeak and obfuscation. At least he just keeps quiet these days and has stopped throwing out ridiculous riddles that have no answer.(Who was the guy who'd played in three world cups and was the captain of his country anyway?)

I dont want to see Mo or Carver fired at this point either, but a poor performance is a poor performance, they'd both be on rotten ice in any other job.

I would actually be relieved if Barrett and his 4 year contract were traded away.

and how many games has it been now for Dichio? or Johann.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9772/img00085k.jpg

Oblio2
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Im not going to read through this entire thread.
I dont think carver is the problem. He works with what he can. Barrett didn't start well but Vitti is not the answer.
Firing Carver would be a backward step. Ricketts needs a kick up the arse but we are not bad. I say we trade Sutton.
It's not Mo's fault either-He can only get certain players. Lets face it, it's league that isnt' very good. At best, the equivalent of the English 2nd Div (one below the Coca Cola) and I truly think it's hard for Mo to lure players.
So, Mo has to work with what he can, Carver has to work with what he can and we have to take it. I fail to see how another manager/coach can do things any better.
We haven't had a bad start and yet, according to half of you lot the world is ending. Suck it up and support the fucking team instead of constantly looking for ways to blow it all up and start again.

JDG
04-13-2009, 04:52 PM
and how many games has it been now for Dichio? or Johann.

Dichio scoring record is only slightly beter than Chad's when looked at on a game by game basis, but Dicho plays less minutes per game, and brings so much more to the game.
Smith is not a starter, and he's a midfielder, so the comparison is pointless.

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Carter,

What's with the constant facepalms? posting oversized photgraphs doesn't make your posts any more relevant or intelligent, nor does it invalidate my point.

What the fuck has Johann got to do with anything for a start?

As for Barrett, you cant seriously keep suggesting he's as good on the pitch as Dichio is, you need to back that up with something, cause I think it's ridiculous.

Here's another facepalm to add to your silly collection btw

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/facepalm.jpg

Shakes McQueen
04-13-2009, 05:04 PM

I don't really think you can combine this season with last season, because our starting lineup this season has featured upwards of 4-5 new faces. That's part of the reason I think this is just more of a run of bad form, than a statement on the overall talent of the team, or the tactical abilities of JC.

Four games is just not enough time to tell either way. If we've only picked up a few wins between now and summer, I will likely either support benching/trading a few people, or maybe even getting rid of Concrete Carver - it all depends on where we are at.

Until then, I will have patience. We are three points out of tops in the East, and lots of teams that are good on paper, have gotten off to shaky starts.

- Scott

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I don't really think you can combine this season with last season, because our starting lineup this season has featured upwards of 4-5 new faces. That's part of the reason I think this is just more of a run of bad form, than a statement on the overall talent of the team, or the tactical abilities of JC.

Four games is just not enough time to tell either way. If we've only picked up a few wins between now and summer, I will likely either support benching/trading a few people, or maybe even getting rid of Concrete Carver - it all depends on where we are at.

Until then, I will have patience. We are three points out of tops in the East, and lots of teams that are good on paper, have gotten off to shaky starts.

- Scott

Yes, but if we fail again, and we get a bunch of new faces at the start of next season and still suck 4 games in, do we wait till summer to see if the "boat is righted?"

Essentially that is what's happening here. Everything you wrote could have been written at the beginning of last season, and he we are debating how it's only been 4 games.

The boat sank, last year.

The navigator survived and his new ship is taking water rapidly.

Are we waiting to see if the boat rights itself, or if it sinks again, or are we going to bail out the water and patch up the hull?

BFin
04-13-2009, 05:17 PM
If I may respectfully disagree on this one:
I don't think Danny Dichio brings more to a game than Barrett does. Leaving the fact that Dichio can not play a 90 minute game anymore out of it, his pace is far too slow to keep up, and frankly...I have not seen Dichio run back and cover for defenders like I have seen out of Barrett the past two weeks.
Also, if we are going to talk about how poor Barrett's strikes are, well lets look at the fact that 40% of Barretts shots at goal, have hit the goal, while Dichio has only hit the net with 33% of his.
Finally, I don't think Dichio has even been on for a Toronto FC goal for (own goals excluded) this year, so bringing more to the game there is questionable to me.
I will not say Barrett is playing well right now, but I get this sinking suspicion that the second he scores one goal everyone is going to hop right back on the bandwagon, and forget about this Dichio starting over Barrett stuff.
See you guys on Sunday at Joe's.
3 points maybe?:noidea:

Rocco
04-13-2009, 05:28 PM
even though I have mixed feelings about this season, it's still too early to tell. I mean it is time that the team delivers... and like Jack said:

I think only time can tell. I mean overlooking the atmosphere, the venue, the media, etc... the coach's job is to deflect all that away from the players and encourage the team to focus on the game. I mean Carver is only one guy... and it takes 11 guys on the field. Carver can't win games for us. Any other coach won't win games for us. It is not the talent pool, nor the field, nor anything.

I personally feel like there is something missing. The same thing any other Toronto team is lacking. I think it's support. Even though there are alotta TFC fans, Toronto as a whole lacks support. The teams are always criticized by the Toronto media its fans and everyone else in between. Torontorians in general don't have a sense of patriotism. Unlike any other city that I've been to (outside of Canada that is). I think its a Canadian thing. This is why our national team. This country to takes too much pride in one sport and it leaves all others. Unlike other countries in the world that try to excel in competition, national or local, Canada and Canadians will always focus on the one sport.

Is it looonnnggggg overdue? Yes. It's time that we step up as TFC supporters, cheer our team on, take pride in our city, our team, our boys on the field. It's just a matter of getting the monkey off their backs

Shakes McQueen
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes, but if we fail again, and we get a bunch of new faces at the start of next season and still suck 4 games in, do we wait till summer to see if the "boat is righted?"

Essentially that is what's happening here. Everything you wrote could have been written at the beginning of last season, and he we are debating how it's only been 4 games.

The boat sank, last year.

The navigator survived and his new ship is taking water rapidly.

Are we waiting to see if the boat rights itself, or if it sinks again, or are we going to bail out the water and patch up the hull?

Every time you bring in lots of new faces, you have to give it a fair shake to see if it works. If we were essentially putting the same team on the pitch as last season, I would probably agree with you.

It's going to take more than four games to ascertain exactly what the status of our "ship" is, to continue with your analogy. :D

I don't agree with this idea that so far our season has been a disaster though. We've had a disappointing draw, and a loss to a very good Seattle team at home. Before that, we took four points in two road games. Our performances have been pretty schizophrenic, which actually makes me hopeful that - if we get some consistent performances - we can look like the team in week one again.

- Scott

ExiledRed
04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure where your getting your stats, Bfin.

Dichio: shots 43, on target 24, goals 11

Barrett: shots 40, on target 22, goals 3

hope this helps a bit.

Barrett has to track back, because he cant hold the ball in the opposition half. Dichio defends from the front and gives space to our wingers, mids and other forwards.

Our team does better with Dichio on the pitch, if you want you can go through the archives and test that statement.

napoli73
04-13-2009, 05:48 PM

hope this helps a bit.

Barrett has to track back, because he cant hold the ball in the opposition half. Dichio defends from the front and gives space to our wingers, mids and other forwards.

Our team does better with Dichio on the pitch, if you want you can go through the archives and test that statement.

This is the most intelligent post in this thread, it's not just how well of a shot to goal ratio he has but how the team plays around him that makes a diffence. Right now Barrett looks like a square peg in a round hole.

giambac
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Jack,

you have a good way of expressing yourself and the teams concerns. I must admit that my style is not as polished and I jump right to the point with my comments and opinions. It raatles some of the people on this forum becasue it comes across as being strong or negative. However, to the contrary it isn't about disliking this team or the sport. It's about the frustation of being a loyal supporter paying decent money and attending most games and not seeing improvement in the team. I do realize that you can't fire everyone and you can't panic but I don't understnd the rationale where people say it's only game 4. We have been saying this for the past 2 years. It reaches the point where the team has to deliver. On paper the player personnel is better than last year but yet the team isn't performing. As you mentioned if it wasn't for Frei we would have lost on saturday and vs. Columbus. I look at the past 3 games and our goal output. we scored 1 gaol agianst a weak Dallas team. The goal came from a throw in. We scored no goals at home vs. seattle. We scored 1 goal vs Columbus and it was an own goal!!!! What Gives??? Where are the positive ssignds in this? What is the rationale or where does the optimisim come from that things will turn around? We can't wait until a quarter or half of the season is gone.

BFin
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM

hope this helps a bit.

That actually doesn't help at all considering it is no longer the 2008 season. I am basing my facts off of the current season.

I don't believe the role of the lone striker has ever been to cover for our Defenders. So by both Marvell Wynne and Jim Brennan running up and losing the ball on the wing...you have managed to attribute to Chad Barrett not holding the ball?

Archives? The TFC archives?
Please alert me to there whereabouts and we can get that done for you.

giambac
04-13-2009, 06:01 PM

Pefect Sumary. People can argue my points or my comments. However you have staed the facts and the facts don't lie. It isn't about the past 4 games. Look at the facts. Look at the sats. Look at the performanc eof the team, of the coach and of the manager. It's all there . They are not made up numbers............:(

Azerban
04-13-2009, 06:53 PM
o'brien white will be all healed up and save us all in the summer anyways so why y'all complainin' fer

BFin
04-13-2009, 06:57 PM
o'brien white will be all healed up and save us all in the summer anyways so why y'all complainin' fer
lol!
Until he goes 4 games without a goal haha :canada:

CretanBull
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I do realize that you can't fire everyone and you can't panic but I don't understnd the rationale where people say it's only game 4. We have been saying this for the past 2 years. It reaches the point where the team has to deliver.

From a fan's perspective, it might feel like "more of the same" but for the team there's no connection between what they are doing now and what happened last year or two years ago. In my opinion, and I was happy to state this at the time, I think people had unrealistic expectations and demand last year. I think Mo understood where his team was and where it wasn't, and made the right moves to set us up for this season. We're more than a $1 million over the salary cap (salaries paid down with allocation money) and we were able to be in this position because of the moves that Mo made. When it comes to the business & management side of things you have to give Mo credit - he created a situation that allowed us to bring in some top players. Now, it's argueable that after creating that situation that he's made errors in judgement and brought in the wrong players but I think that it's too early to make that call. I'll agree with you though that it is time to deliver.

On paper the player personnel is better than last year but yet the team isn't performing. As you mentioned if it wasn't for Frei we would have lost on saturday and vs. Columbus.

Frei is apart of the team though...imagine asking "Where would Man U be without Ronaldo?" it's a moot question because he is apart of the team.

I look at the past 3 games and our goal output. we scored 1 gaol agianst a weak Dallas team. The goal came from a throw in. We scored no goals at home vs. seattle. We scored 1 goal vs Columbus and it was an own goal!!!! What Gives??? Where are the positive ssignds in this? What is the rationale or where does the optimisim come from that things will turn around? We can't wait until a quarter or half of the season is gone.

We smoked KC and looked good doing it. The score actually flattered KC. The game in Columbus was a wash IMO...I don't think that we outplayed them or got outplayed by them - each team got a flukey goal and a point on the road is a good thing for us considering our history. The home opener was one of the worst games that I've ever had to sit through. We haven't seen a game bad since our mega-slump. I think that there were lots of contributing factors, the wind, the cold, the pressure that they put on themselves for the home opener, probably not giving Seatle enough credit etc. In the end, it doesn't matter why - it was a shit game. I don't think the Dallas game was a bad one at all, and I think alot of people aren't giving Dallas enough respect. Their record isn't the best, but they've played well, lost close games and suffered some bad calls (they got screwed vs. New England the game before they faced us). I think that we played well and it was a good game for us (a nice rebound from the Seatle game). The goal that we gave up late was a heartbreaker, but it was a beautiful goal and hard to fault our D or keeper on it...if we only cough up points by the team scoring from back-heeling balls out of mid air we're going to be fine this season.

There's no question that we should have more points than we do, but the sky isn't falling and there's reason to believe that we're going to be Ok.

trane
04-13-2009, 07:24 PM

hope this helps a bit.

It seems so obvious and yet people somehow do not see it. I am puzzeld>

trane
04-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Thank you Capo, that is the point I have been making, you would give the to mid season, I say 1/3, but the point is that as supporters we should ve supportive but not to the point that we allow constant shite, and pretend it is gold.