PDA

View Full Version : Worst game day experiance ever

Oor Wullie
04-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Sat in 105 and I hope I will never sit there again. Heavy handed security,kicked fans out for supporting the team? Get me out of this section brothers please:( I'"m a STH and am discusted the way securityin this section handald today. I will stand in the beer garden,rather than sit in this shitty section again. Thanks BMO security for spoiling my game day expierance:mad:

RedWookie
04-11-2009, 07:45 PM
some guys in the middle of (section with the drum...113?) wouldnt shut up about how we sing the three same chants and stop when other people start to join in....I was not happy with my second half...that and the tie.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I was not at the game... so yes it was my WORST game experience ever.

Lennon
04-11-2009, 07:49 PM
112 was rocking today ... non stop for 90 minutes

Captain Croatia
04-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Sat in 105 and I hope I will never sit there again. Heavy handed security,kicked fans out for supporting the team? Get me out of this section brothers please:( I'"m a STH and am discusted the way securityin this section handald today. I will stand in the beer garden,rather than sit in this shitty section again. Thanks BMO security for spoiling my game day expierance:mad:

If you dont want to sit there, i'll buy your tickets? ;)

Worth a try.

TFC_Toon
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I was not at the game... so yes it was my WORST game experience ever.

Seconded Flush.

Whoop
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I have to agree with Lennon.

It was good. Worked out that most of the people who had tickets in 112 today were RPB.

112 brought it today that`s for sure. One of the best 112 experiences yet. It was great to turn around while at the bottom and see everyone from the top to bottom jumping.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
^^^
Yeah I saw 112 jumping for the majority of the game on the tube... lookked great. Sound wise they mic was picking up all sorts of things...

Roogsy
04-11-2009, 07:55 PM
It looked good from the southwest corner.

Especially in the first half. There were moments that I looked over and I think I saw every single person in 112 bouncing. It was glorious.

The second half...I think most of the south stands let up (including 112) as did the team. No wonder we ended up with a draw.

Oor Wullie
04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
We are section 105 we are section 105 we dont what any admisfier your not aloud to cheer we are section 105

BosakWBC
04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
From the top of 110, things looked good in the corner...

the field on the other hand...

Canadian Blue
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I was in 109 today and I missed my 112 atmosphere........but to be truthful now that I have had an outside view.....I think the supporters section is way less than what we all think it is. Seriously with Zack and Workie doing a great job as capo's there was still only a few people involved. I would say the front 15 rows of 112 and the first 5 rows of 113 besides that it was brutal. To really get the southend going we need a capo between each section.....if we can get the whole end singing then it would be something special.

brad
04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
North End Elite were awesome today.

Lennon
04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I was in 109 today and I missed my 112 atmosphere........but to be truthful now that I have had an outside view.....I think the supporters section is way less than what we all think it is. Seriously with Zack and Workie doing a great job as capo's there was still only a few people involved. I would say the front 15 rows of 112 and the first 5 rows of 113 besides that it was brutal. To really get the southend going we need a capo between each section.....if we can get the whole end singing then it would be something special.

Agreed ... tbh I think the whole "TFC atmosphere" is a bit overrated ... besides 112 and a few people in 113, the rest of the stadium is like a Jays game ...

egoodwin
04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
127 brought it as well, with a few new chants, and a bottom-top massive, which is good considering last year it was only the first 5 rows

Fushida
04-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I was in 105 today as well, saw a guy get kicked out for a horn (?!) and some other for starting a few chants. It was ridiculous (and the bad guys scored while we were booing the security).

tml
04-11-2009, 08:37 PM

Much better last year..Today's game not so vocal. As mentioned in another post. 2 many Posers!! Sorry guys:mad::mad:

tml
04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Much better last year..Today's game not so vocal. As mentioned in another post. 2 many Posers!! Sorry guys:mad::mad:

I even think tonights Leafs game was more Vocal..LOL

H Bomb
04-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I was really happy with 115 today....Everyone seemed to try to make up for last week....buuuuuuut I had my first "run in" with security...it was nothing really. At 45:00 i went down to the first row of 115 (the handicapped concourse area)...I waited for the half to end and a security dude came up to me and asked what I was doing...I said just chillin til the end of the half, and then going to the bathroom...So he says, okay you have to go to your seat or the bathroom..So i say I'm not doing anything wrong, so I'm not really interested in what you're saying....He repeats himself....so I put a big smile on my face and say, Okay, ill go to the bathroom then, and walked at about an inch every ten seconds while giving him the asshole grin.....truth is though I was frustrated with that....Why on earth was this dude even talking to me? And what's the point of what he did. Head of security guy, please speak to your staff and teach them some common sense, and to leave the patrons alone.

rocker
04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
chants were much better than the home opener. i was hearing stuff starting up all around the stadium, actually.

greatwhitenorf
04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
You're not entirely wrong, Lennon.

There's a real need to get chants going early on that are simple enough for casual fans to get into and help build a little early involvement outside of the usual hotspots.

I get to sit in any number of locations due to friends with tickets plus my own and have to say that many, many people want to get involved, just don't have chants that get their typically shy Canadian neighbours willing to join in.

The 'All Together, All Together, Hey! Hey!' chant was useful for that as the game was getting underway. Same with 'West Side, Stand Up!'.

I realize the SG chanters don't have a responsibility or obligation to get others involved. But it's obvious that when simple stuff goes off early - lound, slow and simple -that it helps get the atmosphere building quickly.

Spent today sitting in the upper rows in 114 and there were a lot of people just to the left of U Sector that don't really chant or sing much. It'd be nice if maybe RPB and USector organized a group to head over to where the south end meets the west side and help get 117 bouncing chants off the west side's south corner. Get the two south end sides equally lively and the whole south end will eventually join in as one.

TFC Tifoso
04-11-2009, 08:45 PM

What do you mean? :noidea:

Roogsy
04-11-2009, 08:46 PM
chants were much better than the home opener. i was hearing stuff starting up all around the stadium, actually.

That was 117/118 stepping up our game. :D

Whoop
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I have no issues with the chanting today when compared to some other games in the past.

The pregame chant of the Toronto FC Allez, Allez, Allez... was pretty good. Went on for about 5 minutes and it looked like 111 and 110 also got into that one.

rocker
04-11-2009, 08:52 PM

maybe... although i sit in 125, so stuff going on down south is hard to hear... i heard lots from my left (so NEE and some guys up in the upper deck north west side), which is highly unusual!

billyfly
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
After 3 years I have to stay that I believe its plateaued. I could see Workie trying hard and a lot of movement down below but overall up in aisle 15 of 112 things aren't getting any bigger or badder.

Keyman
04-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Today was an improvement over the home opener. First of all, Workie and Zack did a good job, especially Workie. What set him apart, in my opinion, was his willingness to feed off of the crowd. There were numerous times when something was really starting to build in the section, and Workie caught on very quickly and immediately tried to communicate with Zack. Communication with 113 was the large hurdle that I spoke about last week, as it always seems to be virtually impossible to get everyone united. This week, we saw some improvement. To me, it looks like 112 is beginning to step it up. I saw basically the entire section jumping and chanting at various points during the game. Where the south end must improve, however, is 113. I'm sorry, but outside of the pocket of Usector that always brings it, 113 is absolutely quiet. I don't understand why this is the case.

dupont
04-11-2009, 08:57 PM
The top of 111 was really fun and loud today. The first game was really quiet but everyone seemed really loud today.
Some people seemed pretty drunk but no one started any fights or anything and it was a fun atmosphere overall.

TheRenter
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM

seconded!

Oor Wullie
04-11-2009, 09:03 PM
okay sooooo... does anyone want to traded tickets? 105 for anything in the south end ( the bunker:canada:)

egoodwin
04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Seeing 126 all sit today was a bit of a downer, being on the aisle and all, but the energy of 127 completely lifted me and got me going

Kevin
04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
okay sooooo... does anyone want to traded tickets? 105 for anything in the south end ( the bunker:canada:)

I'll trade you section 105 for my section 29712. That is my postal code. I would kill to get into BMO ... ANY WHERE!!!

p.s. I'm in the south if that counts! :)

grizzle
04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
The thing I found really annoying was South Gate 3? at half time. If anyone was trying to get out for a smoke it was next to impossible. There were about 500 people all trying to get out and about 2 gates open. To make matters worse one of the ticket scanners wasn't working. Ended up missing about 5 minutes because of this. Come on BMO, come up with a better strategy.

tml
04-11-2009, 09:23 PM
What do you mean? :noidea:
Just not loud. Didn't feel the atmosphere that much this aft..also during the game there was lots of quiet moments( No one making any noise) or barely anyone!! I hope once the weather get warmer people start getting into it more.

tml
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Just not loud. Didn't feel the atmosphere that much this aft..also during the game there was lots of quiet moments( No one making any noise) or barely anyone!! I hope once the weather get warmer people start getting into it more.
But I guess the real problem is on the Pitch!!!

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:26 PM

Well... you are welcomed to come down to 112 anytime... vocals just won't cut it though... we need people jumping and waving scarves at the very least...

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:26 PM
But I guess the real problem is on the Pitch!!!

TML

did you just quote yourself?!

Whoop
04-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Flush... at least there was no `this is our house` today and it didn`t seem like we recycled many songs today.

Best part was a good sounding Forza... not flat... most of 112 jumping and a good long Toronto FC Allez (Dinamo Zagreb chant) pregame.... went on for ten minutes at least.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:30 PM

You did hear NEE over on the telecast quite well... The T.O. Reject tune come on well in advance of Cunnigham... I knew he was getting ready then haha

tml
04-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Well... you are welcomed to come down to 112 anytime... vocals just won't cut it though... we need people jumping and waving scarves at the very least...
I was in 114 not many people making noise :(

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Flush... at least there was no `this is our house` today and it didn`t seem like we recycled many songs today.

Best part was a good sounding Forza... not flat... most of 112 jumping and a good long Toronto FC Allez (Dinamo Zagreb chant) pregame.... went on for ten minutes at least.

wrong... someone chanted This is our House... maybe not the supporters but heard on the tube...

You guys looked good though.

I heard that workie lost his voice by the 1/2...

You guys need:

http://www.fishermansfriend.net.au/pix/home_main.jpg

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2007/9/fishermans-friend-red-woman.jpg

Whoop
04-11-2009, 09:36 PM
It wasn`t coming from the south end though... that`s for sure.

Workie had the Halls going.

And a bottle of water was given to him by a suit at the start of the 2nd half.

Daveisonfire
04-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I had the best gameday experience yet...was standing beside the drum in 112 on the railing...fucking great time jumping and singing for the full 90. Too bad we couldn't get the result to cap it all off.

anto7
04-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I was in 105 today as well, saw a guy get kicked out for a horn (?!) and some other for starting a few chants. It was ridiculous (and the bad guys scored while we were booing the security).
I was kicked out of the stadium as I was going to the washroom at half time. I was told my the security idiot that I was being disrespectful by ignoring repeated requests to sit down. They told us to sit down once and we did just that. As I was coming down the stairs at half time the security dude pointed me out to his buddy and then wrote something down. I politely asked him what he was doing and that is when I was told I was being ejected. This is absoloutely ridiculous and I am totally disgusted by this heavy handed uncalled for treatment. I am a season ticket holder in Sec 105 since day one and we have never before had an issue at any game.
Could somebody please advice me who I should be directing my formal complaint to.
Thanks

Yohan
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
i also heard some noise coming out of 105-106. little unusual and seemed a bit raw and uncoordinated, but at least it's something

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:48 PM
It wasn`t coming from the south end though... that`s for sure.

Workie had the Halls going.

And a bottle of water was given to him by a suit at the start of the 2nd half.

A bottle of water!!!

Workie SOTM

Supporter of The Match... ! =)

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I was kicked out of the stadium as I was going to the washroom at half time. I was told my the security idiot that I was being disrespectful by ignoring repeated requests to sit down. They told us to sit down once and we did just that. As I was coming down the stairs at half time the security dude pointed me out to his buddy and then wrote something down. I politely asked him what he was doing and that is when I was told I was being ejected. This is absoloutely ridiculous and I am totally disgusted by this heavy handed uncalled for treatment. I am a season ticket holder in Sec 105 since day one and we have never before had an issue at any game.
Could somebody please advice me who I should be directing my formal complaint to.
Thanks

you need to get your ass in the south end... trade your tickets with Soccer Mom 99 who bought some South End tix from a scalper not knowing what was coming to her...

greatwhitenorf
04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
106 is the reading room. Lot of fans from a particularly quiet North London club like to use it as a sort of ad hoc executive lounge. Can't have ruffians disturbing their deep thoughts.

morgank1986
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I was really happy with 115 today....Everyone seemed to try to make up for last week....buuuuuuut I had my first "run in" with security...it was nothing really. At 45:00 i went down to the first row of 115 (the handicapped concourse area)...I waited for the half to end and a security dude came up to me and asked what I was doing...I said just chillin til the end of the half, and then going to the bathroom...So he says, okay you have to go to your seat or the bathroom..So i say I'm not doing anything wrong, so I'm not really interested in what you're saying....He repeats himself....so I put a big smile on my face and say, Okay, ill go to the bathroom then, and walked at about an inch every ten seconds while giving him the asshole grin.....truth is though I was frustrated with that....Why on earth was this dude even talking to me? And what's the point of what he did. Head of security guy, please speak to your staff and teach them some common sense, and to leave the patrons alone.

I managed to get up to the balcony of 115 with 3 friends for the 2nd half. From there I thought 115 did very well today and it was easy for the group of us to hear the chants coming out of 111/112 and start them in 115.

I spent the first half in 119. I was very impressed with 117/118 performance today. I was unaware there were such a solid group of people all getting into the songs. Well done.

MrHawk
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I had a great time today in 110 and in 112 :)

J-Man
04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
We were at the top of 112 and and we tried to go down to the middle 112 the security guard wouldn't let us stay there because we were in the way. We just wanted to be in the middle of it all but he did'nt want to hear it.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
We were at the top of 112 and and we tried to go down to the middle 112 the security guard wouldn't let us stay there because we were in the way. We just wanted to be in the middle of it all but he did'nt want to hear it.

ok if you are helping with the chants this shouldn't happen... you're a member... your in 112?

I would say PM Jack or Rooney if you have any more details... we police ourselves pretty good... and are very accomodating to the scalper seats in 112 as well...

InTheCrowd
04-11-2009, 10:07 PM
127 was pretty good (row 1 baby!), we had some good chants going. Just what I expected from 127. :D Good on you boys!

J-Man
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
we were singing our asses off and i felt a tap om my shoulder and i was told to move because i had one foot on the stairs and i moved it in and he said you have to go back to you seat he didn't want to hear it from me. I talked to him nicely not being rude i said i wanted to be hear to sing but he didn't care. I wish i had seats there for every game i bet so does everyone else i guess. Sorry flush its not that easy to be in the middle of it when we want to join in and sing and chant.

Markham_RPB
04-11-2009, 10:14 PM
was in 112
row 18

112 had a stellar performance as always boys '

pimpslapt
04-11-2009, 10:33 PM

thank fuck someone said it

best supported team in toronto...no question
best atomsphere in toronto....no question
great day out....no question

but when i hear people say about trying to sign players "wait till he sees the atmosphere on game days" ....honestly...i laugh......anyone who has ever been outside of north america knows this isn't true....i lived in the uk for 5 years and have seen division two teams (stockport county) with a better atmosphere......

i'm not ripping on anything, game day is a blast....but this south end shit is becoming a joke......

i have 121 seasons tickets, and hearing the mess out of the south end which is either a blend of 2 or 3 chants... or the same chant all fucked up because no group will keep quiet for a minute is what is holding it all back

don't get me wrong, the supporters are what make the atmosphere special, but also what is holding things back......

i love tfc, i love singing, but tired ass lame songs like t-o-r o-n-t ohhhhh tfc aren't getting anyone going......especially when the opposite corner is chanting something else

take it for what its worth, but its the truth as my drunken ass sees it, shut up for a minute or god forbid.....5, and listen to what is going on around you

love....mike campbell section 121 xxx

Canadian Blue
04-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I have no issues with the chanting today when compared to some other games in the past.

The pregame chant of the Toronto FC Allez, Allez, Allez... was pretty good. Went on for about 5 minutes and it looked like 111 and 110 also got into that one.

I don't understand the point of pregame chants......

FluSH
04-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't understand the point of pregame chants......

To teach people... think of it as a warmup... chants go in sets... and at times you will hear one particualr chant after another.... If you 'get' this... then it takes away 1/2 of the work of people trying to figure out what chant we are on... and when they do even if it's too late you may know what's coming next.

Canadian Blue
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
that is good for when we are outside the gate or at the tailgate......but standing in 112 chanting when the rest of the stadium is still empty is the part I think is silly. Especially when we go through our whole repetoire before kick-off

FluSH
04-11-2009, 10:50 PM
that is good for when we are outside the gate or at the tailgate......but standing in 112 chanting when the rest of the stadium is still empty is the part I think is silly. Especially when we go through our whole repetoire before kick-off

ooooh that... yeah... we could pick our battles better then...

bee dubya
04-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I think that 112 looked great today from my vantage point in 221. It was great seeing the entire section bouncing in unison at times.

I have to agree with some of pimpslapt's points though. Until there are capo's between the sections in the south end and until people start listening as well as chanting, things are going to remain the same. It would be excellent to have the entire stadium chanting and singing but I think it would be a better thing to start by uniting the south end. I'm not exactly sure how it can be done or even IF it can be done but if it can, that would in turn translate into a better overall experience and probably end up influencing some of the East and West stands to join in more often.

Sonny Cheeba
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
when Hawk and i were chanting in 110, we were doing the TFC Bounce or whatever with 112, it was obvious that people around us wanted to know the words but couldn't really follow.

we just gotta get more and more videos out there with the words. not putting any pre game chants down of course, but maybe people feel more comfortable learning the words then joining in.

i on the other hand have no problem asking someone "what the fuck are they saying?" haha

i don't know what effect a capo will have yet for 111 and 110. even when it is obvious what the chants are out of 112 and 113, there are still pockets of different ones going on throughout. megaphone might help. hopefully it does.

gardooney
04-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I was about row 15 or 16 in 112 today. And I was suprised that I couldn't hear the start of some of the chants I had to look at Workie and read his lips to see what one we were starting. Odd how the sound doesn't come up to that level. Security does seem a bit more serious this year. Not allowing anyone near the bottom of 112 like they used to.

Cambridge_Red
04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Think we're all being a little too harsh. Overall a huge improvement from last week for "the big 3" :D

the-lower-eastsider
04-11-2009, 11:31 PM
workie did a great job today. he really did. he led the charge but more importantly, he payed attention to everything going on around him and if a dominant chant originated somewhere (like w/zach outta 113 for example) he picked up on it and instantly brought it to 112. without regard for who started it. thats what we fuckin need. cohesion. solidarity. not competing fuckin chants all over the place, top to bottom.

maj. douchebag

gardooney
04-11-2009, 11:36 PM
workie did a great job today. he really did. he led the charge but more importantly, he payed attention to everything going on around him and if a dominant chant originated somewhere (like w/zach outta 113 for example) he picked up on it and instantly brought it to 112. without regard for who started it. thats what we fuckin need. cohesion. solidarity. not competing fuckin chants all over the place, top to bottom.

maj. douchebag

Spot on. What we need is one voice, not two or three trying to drown each other out.

Jack
04-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Workie did a great job today.

Ageroo
04-12-2009, 12:23 AM

Looking over from 115...he looked like he had things cooking....and it looked like he was having a blast as well!

WHITEY
04-12-2009, 12:26 AM
From section 223 it sounded pretty good and freaking awesome at times, a lot of bouncing which also looked pretty good. Good move taking the second capo stand from where it was last game to infront of 112. A lot of the songs I could hear clear as day from where I was in 223; instantly could make out what was being sung. Good job today guys!

Pachuco
04-12-2009, 12:39 AM
I sit in 109 and I must say, NEE was rocking it today. They were drowning out the south end, I was shocked that most of the game I heard them over the south since I'm much closer to the south. Overall though, last week was worst so there was definately an improvement today.

Ageroo
04-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes....a definite improvement today with the sound...not sure if was because it was warmer, less wind, etc...but overall stadium noise was a lot better. Only game 2 and everyone a little rusty. A long season to go! :)

Rudi
04-12-2009, 12:44 AM
You guys want to get the man a working megaphone for the next game? :p

Things were awesome with him linking up the rest of the south-east corner, but would have been that much better if he had a megaphone to project his voice even further.

James Oliphant
04-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't think he needed it...I heard him from 115. :D

Made the comment to my boys a couple times that Workie was doing a great job. There seemed to be a lot more unity in that area today.

ricciboy
04-12-2009, 01:59 AM
i notice more people are chanting in the west and east now so that a good start :D

Kevin
04-12-2009, 06:19 AM
You guys want to get the man a working megaphone for the next game? :p

Things were awesome with him linking up the rest of the south-east corner, but would have been that much better if he had a megaphone to project his voice even further.

:noidea: What about visual aids? I attend NCAA games in an 80,000+ seat stadium. The *cough* cheerleaders hold up little signs along with un-amplified megaphones that let us know what to chant. I sit in the upperdeck and would other wise not hear what they are trying to get us to chant. Seems to work everytime.

(now go ahead and flame me if this has been shot down before)

TFC John
04-12-2009, 06:22 AM
:noidea: What about visual aids? I attend NCAA games in an 80,000+ seat stadium. The *cough* cheerleaders hold up little signs along with un-amplified megaphones that let us know what to chant. I sit in the upperdeck and would other wise not hear what they are trying to get us to chant. Seems to work everytime.

(now go ahead and flame me if this has been shot down before)

Workie could hold up a big D
then
Mrs Workie could hold up a picture of a Fence!

Is that what you're talking about? :D:D:D JK

Kevin
04-12-2009, 06:50 AM
http://www.reconbrothers.com/forum/Smileys/classic/EmoticonOops.gif http://www.reconbrothers.com/forum/Smileys/classic/2024.gif http://www.reconbrothers.com/forum/Smileys/classic/hitit.gif http://www.reconbrothers.com/forum/Smileys/classic/givebeer[1].gif

fiji_blue
04-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I was in section 105 security was very heavy handed in telling people to sit down. There were a group of guys chanting and trying to get others 2 join in.. I saw 2 guys get yanked.. Y is security so strict on these guys?

Pookie
04-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Couple of factors that impact the "noise."

Obviously, sheer numbers will have an impact.

But don't discount the wind. The South end cheers into it and it has been strong for the first 2 games this year. I'd wager that if you were walking in the parking lot behind them, you'd think the place was amped.

There is a reason the NEE sound great. 1) They have passion. 2) The rest of us are downwind.

As for some of the reported troubles in 105, I don't have a ton of sympathy except for any action taken to curb good natured chanting.

If you brought an airhorn, you knew what you were getting when you went into 105. It's right on the website:

"Noisemakers (air horns, whistles, cowbells, horns, etc.) are prohibited" except in Supporters Sections.

I'm in 110. I know I'm standing for the game and if I bring my kid, he's going to be standing too. I'm also not going to complain about drums or ask the capos not to start any chant that has swearing in it. I know what I'm in for.

If I can't handle that, I'll sell my tickets on the exchange and buy something mid-field or in the new family section 227.

Sell your tickets on the exchange and get in the section you want.

Or accept it and live by the rules that you knew were there when you opted to buy the tickets.

The_Brace
04-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Had a similar experience in section 106 for the home opener. There were a handful of people getting up(and I mean MAYBE 3 OF us) and calling out the poor reffing as well as the poor linesmen work.

They had two of the BMO stewards dressed in suits or whatever, like the men in black of BMO, come and stand in front of us the entire game??

I am generally in 110 and its incredible, but happened to land seats in 106...

One word.

Lame.

Chevy
04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
There were a few in 110 complaining about people standing, but overall I would say 90% of the section was up for the whole game.

Blazer
04-12-2009, 09:28 AM

You should have asked him if he wants to be charged with harassment.

Bloor West FC
04-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Workie did an awesome job but he need's a megaphone.
I am in 111 and had a blast but it seems to me that the singing and jumping crowd is getting much smaller. Again only the bottom and parts of the middle of 112 were into it as well as a very select few in 113.

Now in 111 I don't know as I am in row 1 and don't get the chance to look up. But again it just seems more quit than previous years.

bob
04-12-2009, 10:01 AM
To Oor Wullie and others in Section 105. I got kicked out at half time. Had the head of security toss me out and another guy in front of me (Anthony, don't know his board nick off hand). Because we were cheering the team.

NOW I want to make one point. Yes I'm pissed that I got kicked out. Yes I know the new rules. BUT to accuse me of "disrespecting the security staff" was bogus. Secondly he said that he personally told me to sit down on numerous occasions. That never happened!

I'm not going to go on a freedom fighter rampage. But they need to be fair. The pocket that we have in 105 never start fights, never throw beers, but to be treated like this is crap. Watched the rest of the game on the TV in the ticket box.

bob
04-12-2009, 10:03 AM
BTW, any STHs that were in section 105 for this game, please contact your account rep and tell them how you feel and what you saw. Can even be an email.

Pookie
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
BTW, any STHs that were in section 105 for this game, please contact your account rep and tell them how you feel and what you saw. Can even be an email.

Bob, with all due respect... what does cheering for your team mean to you?

rocktml
04-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I was in sec 123 and loved how 112 got jumping but I saw about 10 ppl in a group that didnt jump at all..... like wtf is up with that? If you see ppl jumping JUMP!

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 10:37 AM
There were a few in 110 complaining about people standing, but overall I would say 90% of the section was up for the whole game.

I was in 110 for the Sounders game and people asked me to sit down and I think a few others as well. Holy shit you're in 110 just stand the fuck up.

mclaren
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I sit in 109 and I must say, NEE was rocking it today. They were drowning out the south end, I was shocked that most of the game I heard them over the south since I'm much closer to the south. Overall though, last week was worst so there was definately an improvement today.

really? I saw NEE - looked good, but couldn't hear a word.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
really? I saw NEE - looked good, but couldn't hear a word.

We weren't amazing, but we were loud. Where were you sitting mate? :)

Whoop
04-12-2009, 11:15 AM
To teach people... think of it as a warmup... chants go in sets... and at times you will hear one particualr chant after another.... If you 'get' this... then it takes away 1/2 of the work of people trying to figure out what chant we are on... and when they do even if it's too late you may know what's coming next.

ooooh that... yeah... we could pick our battles better then...

I agree with the whole repetoire bit... but it was really only one chant that was going pre-game. I find it more effective than chanting solely at the tailgate. As it was going it was getting louder and louder and more sections were into - 110 and 111.

Also have to build up the repetoire.

My only "complaint" was that whenever there was a quiet moment it was like "Oh, no we're not singing/chanting, let's start one up" and invariably someone would start "Oh when the Reds".

There was better cohesion between the bottom of 112 and the middle of 112 yesterday. Again, when Zac and Workie weren't singing or were about to start a new chant, the middle of 112 would try and "fill the gap". I think it can be even better when everyone is on the same page. Once the south corner learns that we should be taking our cues - whether we like it or not - from the capos the better off it will be.

egoodwin
04-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I was in sec 123 and loved how 112 got jumping but I saw about 10 ppl in a group that didnt jump at all..... like wtf is up with that? If you see ppl jumping JUMP!
you know there are people for whatever reason can not jump

Oor Wullie
04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
To Oor Wullie and others in Section 105. I got kicked out at half time. Had the head of security toss me out and another guy in front of me (Anthony, don't know his board nick off hand). Because we were cheering the team.

NOW I want to make one point. Yes I'm pissed that I got kicked out. Yes I know the new rules. BUT to accuse me of "disrespecting the security staff" was bogus. Secondly he said that he personally told me to sit down on numerous occasions. That never happened!

I'm not going to go on a freedom fighter rampage. But they need to be fair. The pocket that we have in 105 never start fights, never throw beers, but to be treated like this is crap. Watched the rest of the game on the TV in the ticket box.

sorry to hear you got ejected:mad: I just left after being harassed by security (for the crime of cheering on the reds). Watched the rest of the game from the beer garden(my new home). This is a shame that this is no longer a fun section,it had so much potential last week. There is a good group of supporters there,but now they are being told to sit down and be quite. This section will now be a joke to other traveling supporters:mad:

The Oz
04-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I agree with the whole repetoire bit... but it was really only one chant that was going pre-game. I find it more effective than chanting solely at the tailgate. As it was going it was getting louder and louder and more sections were into - 110 and 111.

Also have to build up the repetoire.

My only "complaint" was that whenever there was a quiet moment it was like "Oh, no we're not singing/chanting, let's start one up" and invariably someone would start "Oh when the Reds".

There was better cohesion between the bottom of 112 and the middle of 112 yesterday. Again, when Zac and Workie weren't singing or were about to start a new chant, the middle of 112 would try and "fill the gap". I think it can be even better when everyone is on the same page. Once the south corner learns that we should be taking our cues - whether we like it or not - from the capos the better off it will be.

111 was kinda quieter from when I've seen it, and while I love the enthusiam of the guys at the top, chanting Oh when the reds, more than 15-20 a game (no exaggeration, it was bad) is not helping. I saw workie and zack from about mid 111 and really loved what they were doing, 112 was awesome from what i saw. Just maybe someone could get ALL of 111 together with 112 cause we can barely hear you guys some times, OH and give workie a megaphone!

Mojo
04-12-2009, 11:57 AM
We are section 105 we are section 105 we dont what any admisfier your not aloud to cheer we are section 105

Atmosphere?

phonzo
04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
sucks to hear about 105..as last weekend they pretty much let 104/105 stand as long as no one was bugged by it and though it was piss cold some chants still carried. If it keeps up next game then I'm putting the rest of my partial up on exchange and I'll find seats elsewhere. I wasn't there yesterday as I got field side seats last minute near 110 so it worked for moi.

The question is now how sneaky do i have to be to get into 112/113 after the game starts :)

ExiledRed
04-12-2009, 01:32 PM
ok if you are helping with the chants this shouldn't happen... you're a member... your in 112?

I would say PM Jack or Rooney if you have any more details... we police ourselves pretty good... and are very accomodating to the scalper seats in 112 as well...

If you're policing the section, can you make sure there's actually room for me to stand in front of the seat I paid for?

I'm sure that's all the security guard was trying to do, on behalf of the people getting crowded out of their seats in the middle of 112.

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 01:32 PM
112 was massive from where i sat/stood in 110. Only criticism was new chants were started over top of the one's starting in 109/110.

NEE were the group of the day for me.

Here's a new one, lady behind me who's standing says "you have to sit 'cause there's kids in this row." Then the guy in the row behind her says "yeah, the supporter section starts 20 rows up".

The parents of the kids? "Don't worry, they'll stand on the chairs when they need to".

That chick that yelled at me? Didn't even show up for the second half. The guy behind her? Stood the entire game.

WHAT'S WITH THE F** SELF RIGHTEOUS FREEDOM FIGHTERS? If they had of stopped bitching, they would have heard the parents of said kids let us know they didn't care.

InTheCrowd
04-12-2009, 01:39 PM
112 was massive from where i sat/stood in 110. Only criticism was new chants were started over top of the one's starting in 109/110.

NEE were the group of the day for me.

Here's a new one, lady behind me who's standing says "you have to sit 'cause there's kids in this row." Then the guy in the row behind her says "yeah, the supporter section starts 20 rows up".

The parents of the kids? "Don't worry, they'll stand on the chairs when they need to".

That chick that yelled at me? Didn't even show up for the second half. The guy behind her? Stood the entire game.

WHAT'S WITH THE F** SELF RIGHTEOUS FREEDOM FIGHTERS? If they had of stopped bitching, they would have heard the parents of said kids let us know they didn't care.

That's great to hear! Those parents told them! What seats did you have in 110?

Carts
04-12-2009, 01:43 PM
112 was rocking today ... non stop for 90 minutes

It definitely WASN'T non stop...

We gave it our all - but we've done better in 112...

Carts...

Daveisonfire
04-12-2009, 01:51 PM
It definitely WASN'T non stop...

We gave it our all - but we've done better in 112...

Carts...

The bottom half of 112 was rocking, but the top seemed to want nothing to do with it.

The Bounce and Toronto FC Allez Allez Allez (Yellow Submarine) were definitely the highlights for me

Parkdale
04-12-2009, 01:51 PM
BMO policy has changed since last season.

new rule : no video cameras of any kind
which is stupid because any new phone can shoot video.

Carts
04-12-2009, 01:52 PM
The bottom half of 112 was rocking, but the top seemed to want nothing to do with it.

The Bounce and Toronto FC Allez Allez Allez (Yellow Submarine) were definitely the highlights for me

I was in the front row as always. Yes we were giving it our all - but it was not our best ever...

Carts...

anto7
04-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Couple of factors that impact the "noise."

Obviously, sheer numbers will have an impact.

But don't discount the wind. The South end cheers into it and it has been strong for the first 2 games this year. I'd wager that if you were walking in the parking lot behind them, you'd think the place was amped.

There is a reason the NEE sound great. 1) They have passion. 2) The rest of us are downwind.

As for some of the reported troubles in 105, I don't have a ton of sympathy except for any action taken to curb good natured chanting.

If you brought an airhorn, you knew what you were getting when you went into 105. It's right on the website:

"Noisemakers (air horns, whistles, cowbells, horns, etc.) are prohibited" except in Supporters Sections.

I'm in 110. I know I'm standing for the game and if I bring my kid, he's going to be standing too. I'm also not going to complain about drums or ask the capos not to start any chant that has swearing in it. I know what I'm in for.

If I can't handle that, I'll sell my tickets on the exchange and buy something mid-field or in the new family section 227.

Sell your tickets on the exchange and get in the section you want.

Or accept it and live by the rules that you knew were there when you opted to buy the tickets.
Well thanks for your support on this matter, really appreciated. Perhaps if you were part of our section and understood how badly we were treated you would not be quite so quick to pass judgement. We have never had any issues in the past 2 years, if ever anyone complained about us obstructing their view we sat down, no problem. If we are not bothering anyone then why does security need to interfere and start talking to us like shit ?. Like Bob says we know the rules and will abide if required but why spoil something good if there is no issue. I am not in the least impressed in getting kicked out for supposedly being disrespectful to the security dude when I did nothing wrong at all.

headhoncho
04-12-2009, 04:02 PM
sorry to hear you got ejected:mad: I just left after being harassed by security (for the crime of cheering on the reds). Watched the rest of the game from the beer garden(my new home). This is a shame that this is no longer a fun section,it had so much potential last week. There is a good group of supporters there,but now they are being told to sit down and be quite. This section will now be a joke to other traveling supporters:mad:

I assure you no one was told to sit down and be quiet. Section 105 is a NON STANDING SECTION. You were all advised of that by letter from the club. As such, the Security and Event Staff have every right to ask you to sit dwon during the normal course of the game.

If the play is getting near the goal and everyone stands up there's no problem with that either. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but untill that section is ever designated a "supporters section", we have no choice to but to have every one sit during the normal parts of the game.

anto7
04-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I assure you no one was told to sit down and be quiet. Section 105 is a NON STANDING SECTION. You were all advised of that by letter from the club. As such, the Security and Event Staff have every right to ask you to sit dwon during the normal course of the game.

If the play is getting near the goal and everyone stands up there's no problem with that either. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but untill that section is ever designated a "supporters section", we have no choice to but to have every one sit during the normal parts of the game.
Not sure if you are part of the security but if you are then that is good and I understand your point. I do have 2 questions though.
1) I was asked to sit down I my once and I did so. At half time I was pulled aside on my way to the bathroom for apparently being disrespectful. I was accused of ignoring the request to sit down 3 times(not true) and I was accused of giving the finger and blowing kisses to the security(this is absoloutely untrue I did no such thing). Do you really think that I should be ejected for this ?. Do you think that I am going to drive 2 hours from Belleville each game and risk getting ejected by acting that way. Seriously, ask anyone who knows me or anyone who sits close to me and they will tell you that I am the last person in the world who would cause trouble.
2) The home opener against Seattle, pretty much one complete side of 105 from top to bottom stood the entire game. What is the plan for that situation ? Do you plan on telling each and everone of them to sit down ? I am not trying to be a smart ass here but I do not recall seeing any issues during that game and security never asked anyone to sit down.
Thanks

Gixmo
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
The top of 111 was really fun and loud today. The first game was really quiet but everyone seemed really loud today.
Some people seemed pretty drunk but no one started any fights or anything and it was a fun atmosphere overall.

Seemed? lol.. Clearly were well past their own limit, but it certainly helps the noise!

spezz44
04-12-2009, 04:36 PM
^^^that sucks bro hopefully all canbe figured out

e-karam
04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Since we are talking about suggestions to improve the atmosphere, I'd like to see a bit of a break between the chants. People are more willing to join in when the chants are a bit seperated. We still need better communication between 112 and 113, and a much bigger megaphone. The Capo should also stand between 112 and 113.

BritSOL
04-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I am 3 rows from the back in 224, and there is a small group of people at the very back of 223 standing all game and trying their best to get a few cheers going. Is it anyone here?

Roogsy
04-12-2009, 05:33 PM
BMO policy has changed since last season.

new rule : no video cameras of any kind
which is stupid because any new phone can shoot video.

After all your vids...they kinda know to watch out for you dude. LOL!

headhoncho
04-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Not sure if you are part of the security but if you are then that is good and I understand your point. I do have 2 questions though.
1) I was asked to sit down I my once and I did so. At half time I was pulled aside on my way to the bathroom for apparently being disrespectful. I was accused of ignoring the request to sit down 3 times(not true) and I was accused of giving the finger and blowing kisses to the security(this is absoloutely untrue I did no such thing). Do you really think that I should be ejected for this ?. Do you think that I am going to drive 2 hours from Belleville each game and risk getting ejected by acting that way. Seriously, ask anyone who knows me or anyone who sits close to me and they will tell you that I am the last person in the world who would cause trouble.
2) The home opener against Seattle, pretty much one complete side of 105 from top to bottom stood the entire game. What is the plan for that situation ? Do you plan on telling each and everone of them to sit down ? I am not trying to be a smart ass here but I do not recall seeing any issues during that game and security never asked anyone to sit down.
Thanks

Delighted to answer your questions,

In regards to being ejected for giving the finger and blowing kisses to the staff who asked you to sit down. I wasn't present when this happened. In general terms, I ask for nothing more than a bit of respect for the staff trying to make the fans experience the best it can be. if a fan is asked to sit down in a non standing section and then decides to not only refuse but throw in the add ons, there is every chance you will be ejected. I do however expect the staff to respect the fans in return.

I peronally will not accept any verbal abuse of the staff at BMO if all they are tying to do is what they have ben asked to do, in this case simply asking fans to sit down in an area where standing is not allowed for long periods of time. I fully understand that during the exciting times of the game, EVERYONE in a section stands up and then sits down again.

As for the Seattle game, there were a good number of people on their feet during that game. We did field a number of complaints regarding that from fans who wanted to sit and watch the game, but couldn't because of the fans standing and blocking their view of the pitch. Section 105 has not been designated a standing section, I understand that standing watching a football match is something that a lot of people prefer, unfotunately until the designation for that particular section is changed at some point, it will remain a non standing section.

I hope that if your at the game on the 22nd, you have a great time and the Reds win one for us. Hope that answered your questions as well, and no your not being a smart ass, very valid questions.

Roogsy
04-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks

HeadHoncho is indeed the head of security...and I think that issue of standing in a non supporter section has been touched on this board. If you are not in a supporters section, unfortunately you are SOL. Those who wanted to be in a supporter section needed to move to 111, 127 or 119 in order to stand (112-118 have been sold out since day 1).

As for people standing in a non-standing section, my guess is that security will act on everyone in that section if there ever is a complaint. No complaints = No action. 1 complain means everyone sits down.

anto7
04-12-2009, 07:16 PM

In regards to being ejected for giving the finger and blowing kisses to the staff who asked you to sit down. I wasn't present when this happened. In general terms, I ask for nothing more than a bit of respect for the staff trying to make the fans experience the best it can be. if a fan is asked to sit down in a non standing section and then decides to not only refuse but throw in the add ons, there is every chance you will be ejected. I do however expect the staff to respect the fans in return.

I peronally will not accept any verbal abuse of the staff at BMO if all they are tying to do is what they have ben asked to do, in this case simply asking fans to sit down in an area where standing is not allowed for long periods of time. I fully understand that during the exciting times of the game, EVERYONE in a section stands up and then sits down again.

As for the Seattle game, there were a good number of people on their feet during that game. We did field a number of complaints regarding that from fans who wanted to sit and watch the game, but couldn't because of the fans standing and blocking their view of the pitch. Section 105 has not been designated a standing section, I understand that standing watching a football match is something that a lot of people prefer, unfotunately until the designation for that particular section is changed at some point, it will remain a non standing section.

I hope that if your at the game on the 22nd, you have a great time and the Reds win one for us. Hope that answered your questions as well, and no your not being a smart ass, very valid questions.
Appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions and also appreciate the points you make.
It does appear from your response that you believe that I did what I was accused of even though I was clear in my mail that I did not or perhaps I am just mis-interpretating your answer. My question was, is it fair that I was ejected based purely on the security person's accusations or should there have been further investigation ?. Could it be that it was a case of mistaken identity ? ( which I asked the question). Surely it would have been fair to give me the benefit of the doubt and allow me to return to my seat with the understanding that if I was to cause any issues I would then be ejected ?.
Regarding the Seattle game, you stated that there was numerous complaints from people regarding others standing and blocking their view yet I did not see anyone being asked to sit down. Is there a reason for this ?.
I will be at the next game supporting the boys and I will abide by the rules for that section.
I am still extremely upset about this whole incident but hopefully we can all learn from it including your staff.
I was very calm and respectful when I was being led out of the stadium but I can tell you that inside I was absoloutely furious and also very humiliated.
I hope that this does not change my enthusiasm when attending future games since this would take something away from the very essence of what is so special about the TFC experience. At the end of the day the organisation will not survive without the backing of the supporters and they need to ensure that they do not try to take away what makes them so unique in this league.
Regards

bob
04-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Bob, with all due respect... what does cheering for your team mean to you?
singing the chants, sharing the joy with you fellow fans, standing up for corners/free kicks and cheering.

We realized that they wanted us to sit this time as opposed to the opener. I sat down. But when the ball was on our side and our boys were on the attack I was cheering and standing. I guess I should only be doing that when they take a shot?

bob
04-13-2009, 07:52 AM
...I ask for nothing more than a bit of respect for the staff trying to make the fans experience the best it can be. if a fan is asked to sit down in a non standing section and then decides to not only refuse but throw in the add ons, there is every chance you will be ejected. I do however expect the staff to respect the fans in return.

Hello headhoncho, I'm glad that you're on these boards and being able to field questions/concerns.

The main thing, as anto7 was saying, we weren't acting like animals, we were respectful, and I personally didn't hear them tell me our my immediate group members to sit down. However, I figured this in the 30th min and complied. I apologize for not complying sooner, but I felt from the the first game that we were allowed to stand, just like last year... ie this rule wasn't being enforced so strictly.

headhoncho, if they gave us a warning and explained that will enforce these rules then that would have been appreciated ("staff respects the fans"). Instead of taking me out on the way to the washroom at half time. As anto7 was saying it is humulating, after spending 2 full seasons in those seats and making relationships with your fellow fans and the staff.

We'll be there on the 22nd :) Lets hope they get a win....I'm still itching for Guevara to score.

dupont
04-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Seemed? lol.. Clearly were well past their own limit, but it certainly helps the noise!

haha by "seemed drunk" I meant they were absolutely backflippin' plastered!
You must be talking about the same guys I am.
Where were you sitting (standing)?
I was in the top row with my girlfriend standing directly beside that drunk group of guys that fell down onto the row below them. haha

Anyways like I said. I have no problem with friendly drunks. It's the angry drunks that can ruin a game for me. I thought it was fun as hell up there!

Tezza
04-13-2009, 09:11 AM

I sit in 110 so I can see 112 pretty clear and you're right...it's nowhere near as vocal and crazy as the past 2 years. I've been a STH since day 1 and I think the atmosphere is getting slowly worse as we go.

The lower part of 112 is good and then it's really only a thin group up against the east railing that gets into it. The rest of the section is standing but really quiet.

It's been pretty weak this year although the capo's were doing a great job trying to get people into it....the fact is that there are a ton of people just there to hang out and say they sat in the south end.

I'm all for the creative chants this year but people in my section are listening and saying..what are they saying? Is this a new one? If you are singing for yourselves then by all means it's great. If you're hoping to get the rest of the stadium into it then you gotta do enough of the chants that after 3 years even the casuals have picked up on. 110 picks up a lot of chants with you guys but it's pretty hard to do that when half of the people have no clue what the chant is. Not everybody reads the boards, or hits a tailgate to learn the new stuff.

Anyway...I know you guys are looking at how to improve things so I thought I'd offer an opinion. I'd like to see things better than previous years but I can't agree that we were rockin' this weekend...at least not like the first season or the first half of last year.

Things got louder when it looked like we were going to pull out the win and it was great to see the cameras putting the capo's up on the big screen to get the crowd into it.

I used to see the ENTIRE section 112 bouncing...now it's less than a quarter of it.

huphup
04-13-2009, 09:44 AM
How's this for a bad game day experience: Friend came for his first game ever, fell over the row in front while doing the TFC bounce (a little wobbly perhaps), smashed his head on the railing in the row ahead, broke a tooth in half and got a concussion.

He'll be back.. mind you his chanting might sound like more of a whistle...

Mark in Ottawa
04-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks
Board member HeadHoncho is the BMO Security crew chief.
Perhaps you can ask him by PM about your particular case?

You did mention that the guards were taking notes?
I wonder if they have to fill in some sort of report post game about any fan ejections?

anto7
04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Board member HeadHoncho is the BMO Security crew chief.
Perhaps you can ask him by PM about your particular case?

You did mention that the guards were taking notes?
I wonder if they have to fill in some sort of report post game about any fan ejections?
Will do, thanks.

Oor Wullie
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM

headhoncho thanks for comming on the boards to help clear this up. But I was told by your security TO SIT DOWN AND BE QUIT. You say this no standing rule will be enforced, will this be the same rule when traveling supporters show up? Personally my two seats will remain empty for the rest of the season and once you start kicking other good TFC supporters out I can see alot more empty seat in this section. that should make for good t.v. optics.:eek:

torontocelt
04-13-2009, 12:44 PM

And the moral of the story is not to stand up for prolonged periods of time in non standing areas. Who would have thought that such a simple rule could be misinterpreted by so many people? I think the security guy is doing exceptionally well in his answers, the rules are not exactly hard to understand are they? Standing in areas where people are sitting is disrespectful, even worse when you know that you are not supposed to. All that says to me is that you don't care about the other people around you who's vision is obstructed because someone is being selfish. If people are wanting to stand then get a ticket in a standing area. If you are unable to do so and are unhappy sitting then stand in the beer garden.

spark
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Well TorontoCELT

What you don't understand, and why it's misinterpreted, is people have been standing in Sect 105 since day 1 and this is the first time anyone has been told they have to sit and have the threat of possible ejection/being written up. So I don't think it's that crazy that people sitting there are taken aback to this new initiative. Why would they ever think to move out of this section when they could stand all they want until this past weekend? Was security combing section 127, 111 and 119 telling people to sit last season before they were designated 'supporters' sections?

Walnut
04-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I am a supporter of TFC, and I have season tickets in section #105 (since the first game ever).

A question for HeadHoncho -- When Chicago / Columbus come to Toronto, and are standing, and signing, and cheering on the Fire in section 104, should we all sit down and be good little girls and boys....?

I am one of the main singers / cheerers / standers in 105 -- and I do my very best to get the whole section on their feet EVERY game to support TFC -- in the wind, rain, cold.

Football is a passionate game -- and the fervor, emotion, and passion it elicits do not come from the pages of some corporate manual.

I was asked numerous times by one of your guest services / security guard to sit down during the game -- when I was leaving, he apologised, and told me that he was just doing his (very difficult) job.

If I wanted to sit down for 90 minutes, I would not spend my money on going to live footballing events -- I would watch the game in my under wear on the sofa.

It is very difficult for me to understand how TFC can have this wonderful, and very exuberant support -- and then try and stifle and manage it, there really is no need.

Shame on MLSE.

headhoncho
04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
I am a supporter of TFC, and I have season tickets in section #105 (since the first game ever).

A question for HeadHoncho -- When Chicago / Columbus come to Toronto, and are standing, and signing, and cheering on the Fire in section 104, should we all sit down and be good little girls and boys....?

I am one of the main singers / cheerers / standers in 105 -- and I do my very best to get the whole section on their feet EVERY game to support TFC -- in the wind, rain, cold.

Football is a passionate game -- and the fervor, emotion, and passion it elicits do not come from the pages of some corporate manual.

I was asked numerous times by one of your guest services / security guard to sit down during the game -- when I was leaving, he apologised, and told me that he was just doing his (very difficult) job.

If I wanted to sit down for 90 minutes, I would not spend my money on going to live footballing events -- I would watch the game in my under wear on the sofa.

It is very difficult for me to understand how TFC can have this wonderful, and very exuberant support -- and then try and stifle and manage it, there really is no need.

Shame on MLSE.

Let me be quite clear about this. 105 is a non standing section. It has never been designated as a standing section, and we have been instructed that due to the fans who have their view obstructed by people standing, we will ask people to sit down, other than the spontaneous moments when everybody jumps to their feet. if you refuse to sit down then you really are not leaving any alternative for us.

I assure you, my experience of watching football over many years, was at a time when terracings were all we had, and it was great times, but this is today and I am afraid as a result of what I said earlier, it's not something we can turn a blind eye to.

I hope you continue to support the reds with the same passion and in the undestanding we are not trying to be heavy handed, we are just trying to look after your fellow supporters.

thanks in advance guys for your understanding.

headhoncho
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Shame on MLSE.

i should have mentioned this Walnut, the away supporters get the top corner of the East stand and as such they are at the highest point in the stand and will therefore not be obstructing any of our fans. if they end up furhter down and decide to stand during the game, they are no different and will be asked to sit down as well.

I understand the frustration guys, but hopefully we get the same support from 105 and all over the park for the team.

Walnut
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Let me be quite clear about this. 105 is a non standing section. It has never been designated as a standing section, and we have been instructed that due to the fans who have their view obstructed by people standing, we will ask people to sit down, other than the spontaneous moments when everybody jumps to their feet. if you refuse to sit down then you really are not leaving any alternative for us.

I assure you, my experience of watching football over many years, was at a time when terracings were all we had, and it was great times, but this is today and I am afraid as a result of what I said earlier, it's not something we can turn a blind eye to.

I hope you continue to support the reds with the same passion and in the undestanding we are not trying to be heavy handed, we are just trying to look after your fellow supporters.

thanks in advance guys for your understanding.

And when Chicago & Columbus come and try to own us...?

Should we just sit down and smile?

Roogsy
04-13-2009, 04:33 PM

That is something I would suggest you take up with TFC themselves, as they give security the policies that need to be enforced.

Carter
04-13-2009, 04:34 PM

What hes saying, is you are in a designated SITTING SECTION. Maybe you should attempt to get seats in 127, or another designated supporter section.

The rear section of 104 is a designated AWAY Supporter Section, so it fills the requirements of standing.

SING all you want, and at Pivotal Moments of the game in the game you can stand but RESPECT the other Supporters/Fans in the section and sit down.

Walnut
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM
That is something I would suggest you take up with TFC themselves, as they give security the policies that need to be enforced.

I will send them a memo, suggesting that away fans be told to sit, as it makes the home fans jealous because they are not allowed to stand up.

Perhaps we could stop singing as well -- as some people might not enjoy the sound of it?

Carter
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I will send them a memo, suggesting that away fans be told to sit, as it makes the home fans jealous because they are not allowed to stand up.

Perhaps we could stop singing as well -- as some people might not enjoy the sound of it?

Why are you just trying to pick a fight, we have no room for this on our board.

But again, i will say, they are in AWAY SUPPORTER SECTION, which is a designated STANDING SECTION!

Walnut
04-13-2009, 04:39 PM
SING all you want, and at Pivotal Moments of the game in the game you can stand but RESPECT the other Supporters/Fans in the section and sit down.

Perhaps we could have a excitement gauge that we can look at. Like a clap-o-meter. It could have different positions. Low excitement = sitting, partial excitement = ready to stand, excitement = standing up, really exciting = standing, very exciting = jumping, excitement over = sit down quickly.

This could just work....!

torontocelt
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Jeez, the security guy is answering questions in good will to help everyone, I don't know how many times he has to repeat himself?

There is basically two rules he is trying to stress:

1) People can stand in standing areas

2) People have to sit in seating areas unless there is an exciting opportunity, goal etc then they can stand for a short period of time.

If people were standing previous then at least they got away with for a season. At the end of the day if it is going to be enforced this season then they don't have any option but to sit down, that is part of the consequence of purchasing a ticket in an all seating area I am afraid.

spark
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM

I understand that this initiative is probably coming from someone above, but really this seems like such a petty thing to be flexing the security on. I think many people in this section didn't read the fine print. Many know what sections are "supporters sections" but I have never heard that the rest of the stadium is designated as "non standing sections" - and up until this past weekend we didn't have guest services patrolling it giving everyone the gears.

Trust me Torontocelt - if the people in this section knew this would be what was happening this year (which it did not in the first two) we would all move.

Just for context - 127, 111, and I think 119 weren't "designated standing sections" last season. Was this issue happening then? Was security telling NEE to sit down last season? I don't think so - so why all of a sudden is this happening now?

TheIsland
04-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Ignorance to the current rules and neglecting to read the fine print are not excuses. These are the rules 'in our house':

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/2009/supporters/
To quote directly "After a lot of thought and a lot of feedback, we’ve decided to designate more sections at BMO Field as ‘Supporters Sections’. Our definition of a ‘Supporters Section’ is an area where standing throughout match play is allowed, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Therefore, in addition to Sections 112 through 118, Sections 111, 119, 127, and the top half of 110 allow this behaviour for 2009 and beyond. All other sections will be expected to remain seated throughout the games, unless match play suggests otherwise."

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/single_game/
They even have a picture depicting the supporter sections, and thus highlighting both non-standing and standing areas.

My parents' seats are in 226 - a designated non-standing section for the past two years now.

It is the beginning of the season with new security. They are going to be 'flexing' security measures to ensure the most possible future compliance.

If you don't like the rules, you don't have to comply with them - you just risk suffering the consequences.

I understand that this initiative is probably coming from someone above, but really this seems like such a petty thing to be flexing the security on. I think many people in this section didn't read the fine print. Many know what sections are "supporters sections" but I have never heard that the rest of the stadium is designated as "non standing sections" - and up until this past weekend we didn't have guest services patrolling it giving everyone the gears.

Trust me Torontocelt - if the people in this section knew this would be what was happening this year (which it did not in the first two) we would all move.

Just for context - 127, 111, and I think 119 weren't "designated standing sections" last season. Was this issue happening then? Was security telling NEE to sit down last season? I don't think so - so why all of a sudden is this happening now?

Rudi
04-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Ignorance to the current rules and neglecting to read the fine print are not excuses. These are the rules 'in our house':

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/2009/supporters/
To quote directly "After a lot of thought and a lot of feedback, we’ve decided to designate more sections at BMO Field as ‘Supporters Sections’. Our definition of a ‘Supporters Section’ is an area where standing throughout match play is allowed, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Therefore, in addition to Sections 112 through 118, Sections 111, 119, 127, and the top half of 110 allow this behaviour for 2009 and beyond. All other sections will be expected to remain seated throughout the games, unless match play suggests otherwise."

They even have a picture depicting the supporter sections, and thus highlighting both non-standing and standing areas.

My parents' seats are in 226 - a designated non-standing section for the past two years now.

It is the beginning of the season with new security. They are going to be 'flexing' security measures to ensure the most possible future compliance.

If you don't like the rules, you don't have to comply with them - you just risk suffering the consequences.
Who asked you, anyway? :D

TheIsland
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Who asked you, anyway? :D

Oh go back to your U-Sector, stand, jump, bounce around with you banners, streamers, and all that!! wait for it :D all good

BosakWBC
04-13-2009, 05:55 PM

It's going to get hard to hear the singing over all the whining

Pookie
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
For those that want 104 to be a standing Supporters section... do you really think that having the visiting "supporters" directly above Toronto FC Supporters.... who are allowed flag poles and drums and other items... is a good idea?

Rudi
04-13-2009, 06:00 PM
It's going to get hard to hear the singing over all the whining
I'm glad someone else said it.

For Christ's sake, to those who don't like your section, too fucking bad. There are so many ways to get into the actual supporters sections, so if you all spent half the time figuring that shit out rather than crying about your lame ass section, you'd already be there.

I'm just glad I supported soccer in this city before it became fashionable. It allowed me to get a proper supporters section season ticket back in October 2006. :D

phonzo
04-13-2009, 06:05 PM
actually i don't think anyone in 104 is suggesting it be made a supporters section. Everyone there understands that it's not standing, everyone should know if you are asked to sit down you do simple as that. Or ask to swap seats. I think the thread started out by addressing the fact that some saw security be a bit to heavy handed is all and the conversations got moved to PM's.

Don't know why this is still going really...

though I also don't see how comments like omg stop bitching really help..heaven forbid people are trying to get their sections involved.

Rudi
04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
though I also don't see how comments like omg stop bitching really help..heaven forbid people are trying to get their sections involved.
Because making snide remarks on here is really going to accomplish that.

Walnut
04-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Everyone is quite right -- I should just stop my whining and get with the program. Sit down and be a good little boy. This is what I like so much about Toronto, and Canada -- so subservient.

Perhaps they could install airplane style seat belts on the chairs to ensure that everyone is following the rules.

egoodwin
04-13-2009, 06:30 PM
why don't you all just go to the beer garden and start chanting in there?

Amazing how so many people stand in the beer garden, yet hardly a peep ever comes out of there.

Cambridge_Red
04-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually I was quite happy to see 104 / 105 making noise, more so astounded...

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Today was an improvement over the home opener. First of all, Workie and Zack did a good job, especially Workie. What set him apart, in my opinion, was his willingness to feed off of the crowd. There were numerous times when something was really starting to build in the section, and Workie caught on very quickly and immediately tried to communicate with Zack. Communication with 113 was the large hurdle that I spoke about last week, as it always seems to be virtually impossible to get everyone united. This week, we saw some improvement. To me, it looks like 112 is beginning to step it up. I saw basically the entire section jumping and chanting at various points during the game. Where the south end must improve, however, is 113. I'm sorry, but outside of the pocket of Usector that always brings it, 113 is absolutely quiet. I don't understand why this is the case.

114 is pretty bad also..but has been since the first season...and unlikely to change anytime soon.

brad
04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Actually I was quite happy to see 104 / 105 making noise, more so astounded...

It's actually been pretty decent all along. The last couple of games were a definite improvement. Being able to hear NEE across the way helps a lot as well, as we can never hear the main supporters end to feed off.

The sitting thing will mostly likely kill this off though, but those are the rules...

Walnut
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I think a strike might be in order for 104 / 105 -- No singing, no chants, no clapping, no nothing. Just sitting and watching.

Brooker
04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
i understand why he's confused... isnt he trying to do the exact same thing 127 did? ignore the rules and stand anyways? then after a while the club gives in?

i mean i dont care either way.... im just saying i could understand it.

Rudi
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Everyone is quite right -- I should just stop my whining and get with the program. Sit down and be a good little boy. This is what I like so much about Toronto, and Canada -- so subservient.

Perhaps they could install airplane style seat belts on the chairs to ensure that everyone is following the rules.
Holy fuck man, is it that time of the month or something?

I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough to buy a ticket in the supporters section where that stuff is allowed.

You bought your tickets with the advance knowledge of what was expected in your section. Despite the chant, BMO is not "your house", it's someone else's and they set the rules.

An adult respects those rules that he willingly agreed to abide by, or finds ways to get to the places where the rules are different. A child whines and moans about it, hoping to catch the attention of those with some sort of authority.

Which one are you in this situation?

cmonyoureds
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM

I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough to buy a ticket in the supporters section where that stuff is allowed.

You bought your tickets with the advance knowledge of what was expected in your section. Despite the chant, BMO is not "your house", it's someone else's and they set the rules.

An adult respects those rules that he willingly agreed to abide by, or finds ways to get to the places where the rules are different. A child whines and moans about it, hoping to catch the attention of those with some sort of authority.

Such a good post until you ruined it with that elitist crap.

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:10 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ocMQSqVjweA/SGYEckQ91aI/AAAAAAAAAXI/BsrXbttLo4E/s400/FACEPALM.jpg

Why, WHY do I keep reading these threads......

grimm
04-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Has everyone been google searching new ways to facepalm? LOL

Razcle
127 brought it as well, with a few new chants, and a bottom-top massive, which is good considering last year it was only the first 5 rows

I had fun in 126 cheering with the NEE. However I noticed they revert to the same chants over and over again and it gets a little tiresome. I was trying to explain to my better half all of the unique cheers she will hear, and then we kept singing "Allez Allez Allez-o...We Love you Tor-on-to". I joined in but I felt they needed to freshen things up a bit with some diversity.

But I am not a regular 126 guy, and I was proud that we cheered for the whole 90+

Rudi
Such a good post until you ruined it with that elitist crap.
How is what you highlighted elitist?

Did I say I was better than anyone because I got a ticket where I wanted? I used the words "quick" enough, not "smart" enough or "awesome" enough or "amazing" enough. Although all of those words do apply to me in some fashion. :D

Am I supposed to apologize to the rest of the people that are outside the supporters section because I have a ticket in the south stand? Will that make me a non-elitist?

Fuck that.

We all abide by the rules set for our particular section, and do so willingly when we buy tickets. I like smoke bombs, but I know they're not allowed in the supporters section (or anywhere in the stadium for that matter).

Do you see me waxing lyrical about how unfair it is that I cannot use smoke bombs?

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Has everyone been google searching new ways to facepalm? LOL

Yes.

This one was cuter.

Dave67
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Fuck that.

Do you see me waxing lyrical about how unfair it is that I cannot use smoke bombs?

How far back are we allowed to search :D

cmonyoureds
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
How is what you highlighted elitist?

Did I say I was better than anyone because I got a ticket where I wanted? I used the words "quick" enough, not "smart" enough or "awesome" enough or "amazing" enough. Although all of those words do apply to me in some fashion. :D

Am I supposed to apologize to the rest of the people that are outside the supporters section because I have a ticket in the south stand? Will that make me a non-elitist?

Fuck that.

We all abide by the rules set for our particular section, and do so willingly when we buy tickets. I like smoke bombs, but I know they're not allowed in the supporters section (or anywhere in the stadium for that matter).

This part - I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough
Some of us get tired when owning a ST seems to give people the thought that they have expanded rights, when really, it's the seat location regardless of who sits in it. Although like I said, the rest of it was bang on. And it does imply that many on this board are slower than most....er.......

Oh, and 100% with you on the smoke issue.

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.potstuck.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/trainwreck.jpg

This thread is worse than those fuckin High School Musical Movies.... :willy_nilly:

Toronto Ruffrider
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I've been in 111 for two games now, and the atmosphere there is pretty good. There is plenty of noise at the back of the section, and mixed support in front of me. Overall, the chanting is decent, albeit a little undisciplined. It would be nice if we could coordinate with section 112 next door.

I do have a couple of beefs regarding section 111, though. First, enough with the "this beer is delicious" chant. We get it, you're drunk; that doesn't mean you have to sound like a broken record. Second, can we for the love of god get the Dichio chant right?! It's so hard to do that chant correctly when most people around me are screwing it up.

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I've been in 111 for two games now, and the atmosphere there is pretty good. There is plenty of noise at the back of the section, and mixed support in front of me. Overall, the chanting is decent, albeit a little undisciplined. It would be nice if we could coordinate with section 112 next door.

We now have a capo. He will have a megaphone. Pay attention :)

Rudi
04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
This part - I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough
Some of us get tired when owning a ST seems to give people the thought that they have expanded rights, when really, it's the seat location regardless of who sits in it. Although like I said, the rest of it was bang on. And it does imply that many on this board are slower than most....er.......

Oh, and 100% with you on the smoke issue.
Technically, if I implied that many on this board were slower at obtaining tickets than most in the supporters section, I would be telling the truth, no?

I got my ticket where I did because of the location, and because it allows me expanded rights. Again, I'm not going to apologize for that.

My original point was that whining about what one can and cannot do in certain parts of the stadium is really dumb, as the rules have been set for two years now, and anyone who willingly pays money for a ticket is agreeing to abide by the rules set for that seat location.

If they don't like it, find a way to get into another area of the stadium, or don't go to the games at all. Either way, the rest of us should be spared the angst and use of sarcasm to try to mask the whining.

James Oliphant
04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
How far back are we allowed to search :D

I'm betting you'll have to go at least as far back as s3.excoboard.com for that one. ;)

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm betting you'll have to go at least as far back as s3.excoboard.com for that one. ;)

James! We said we'd never speak it's name again!

James Oliphant
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
James! We said we'd never speak it's name again!

I guess this goes back to your whole "pay attention" thing again...

:noidea:

Rudi
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
The U-Sector board (version 2.0) goes all the way back to March of 2006. ;)

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I guess this goes back to your whole "pay attention" thing again...

:noidea:

If you value your life, you'll lock yourself in your bathroom and not come out for 3 days...

Toronto Ruffrider
04-13-2009, 10:40 PM
We now have a capo. He will have a megaphone. Pay attention :)

Believe me, I hear it, even in row 31. At the same time that you're starting a chant in section 112, though, people in the two rows behind are starting another chant. I'm stuck in a chanting tug-of-war.:p

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Believe me, I hear it, even in row 31. At the same time that you're starting a chant in section 112, though, people in the two rows behind are starting another chant. I'm stuck in a chanting tug-of-war.:p

We have that problem in 112 too....:rolleyes:

James Oliphant
04-13-2009, 10:43 PM
If you value your life, you'll lock yourself in your bathroom and not come out for 3 days...

What a coincidence...I'm already into hour 4 of my current 72-hour stint. Should I restart the clock?

Toronto Ruffrider
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
We have that problem in 112 too....:rolleyes:

There should be tryouts for holding season tickets in that section. The losers should be banished to section 227.:D

Mrs. Workie
04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
What a coincidence...I'm already into hour 4 of my current 72-hour stint. Should I restart the clock?

Thinking ahead. I like your style :)

Carry On.

Super
04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Hmm, well, I think we can all agree that the south end should be better organized. Workie and Zac will help fix this problem - just make sure to follow their lead and we'll be able to greatly improve the atmosphere in record time.

backbeat
04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
and if the wind would ever to blow south to north??

well watch out....man it would be loud

and it there were ever walls or a semi roof

well watch out...cause man it would be louder

and it there were ever walls or a semi roof

and if the wind would ever to blow south to north

well watch out....man it would be louder than loud

it would be the loudest

and it's getting pretty loud now....

ilikemusic
04-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Just scalp your tickets for big bucks.

105 is a miserable shit hole.

I wouldnt pay money to sit down and have the away support curse and shit all over me.

And I hope all the 'you knew the rules when you bought the tickets' people are perfectly fine with scalping. Scalping is perfectly legal, as is MLSE kicking people out for standing.

spark
04-14-2009, 07:26 AM

I know someone already called on this but get off it man. Half the areas that are supporters sections weren't on day one. We bought tickets that were CHEAP. Which was far south end, far north end. South end became the "supporters" section and the north did not - but everyone still stood. No security came and gave you shit, TFC let these areas develop organically, without hindering the way people wanted to cheer. Now all of a sudden they've put a hardline stamp on this?

I'm totally surprised there isn't more solidarity on this here. Guys we could have all four corners of the stadium standing and cheering loud and proud. The north east corner was getting great momentum and starting to make noise and now their passion and support has been squashed. We have one more section that is like a Jays game (by force).

Next time you think about moaning about people not singing or the way the rest of the stadium acts, think about that.

nfitz
04-14-2009, 07:46 AM
In regards to being ejected for giving the finger and blowing kisses to the staff who asked you to sit down. I wasn't present when this happened. In general terms, I ask for nothing more than a bit of respect for the staff trying to make the fans experience the best it can be.It sounds like security is behaving badly, making up stories, and persecuting fans. Perhaps you'd actually like to address the issue, rather than simply making excuses. There have been several reports here that security in 105 in particular was heavy-handed. What are you doing about this? Surely standing up once, and sitting down when asked, is no reason for security staff to start making up stories about giving the finger to security.

bob
04-14-2009, 07:59 AM
To others who were in section 105. Please lets not get cute with our posts and whine. We are all grown adults and we should be mature about this.

Let's stop the wise cracks. I don't know headhancho but appreciate that he's on here and we have his ear. That being said as a 105 STH I want those reading this thread to know this:
1. Most STHs in 105 have been there for 2 years
2. We know that it wasn't a supporters section but were allowed to stand and cheer for the past 2 years
3. We ALSO know that near the end of the second season that for 2009 there will be a new rule - no persistant standing
4. The enforcement of this rule was yet to be seen before the 2009 season - will it be enforced? will be be just something on paper? like when streamers were not supposed to be thrown during corners
5. First game we were allowed to stand and thought it would be like the previous 2 years

I've been there from day one, and even if people say 105 is shit (which at times it is) it's still full of good people and the view is nice (IMHO). The only problem I had, was been asked to leave during half time as I was going to the washroom. I was given no personal warning beforehand but the group, of say 12, gets mass warnings... but I was watching the game. Later on (probably 30-35th min?) we complied realizing the gravity of the situation AND STILL I GOT TOSSED. I never start fights, never throw beer, and if you see know me I'm a good guy (betcha they all say that though, eh?) :)

Going forward for those that care about 105 (and 104) I urge you to join this thread http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11857 and join in POSITIVELY. phonzo if you're reading this please make sure that anyone that's negative on that thread please be blocked or message deleted (if that's possible).

Come all of you as the above mentioned we're all fans lets help each other out and cut out negativity.

anto7
04-14-2009, 08:52 AM

Rudi - I was not going to reply to your post since I do not want to get into a pissing contest with you(I will probably loose) but I would like to make a couple of points.
1) The person who statred this thread did so to voice his concerns about what he and some others perceived to be heavy handed security at the game last Saturday. He did not mention anything about the right to sit or stand, he just wnated to state that it was not a very enjoyable experience and something that appeared to happen out of the blue. A few of us in this section have been standind and cheering since day one(rightly or wrongly) with no issues and same for the opening game against Seattle(with the new security firm). I only recall one occasion when I personally was told I was blocking someone's view and on that occasion I swapped seats and everything was fine. I guess we were taken off guard and were surprised that they were being so forceful with little warning.
2) Regarding your comment about not getting out tickets soon enough. I am sure that several people in my section have a number of reasons as to why they ended up sitting where they did. I for one took a little time making a decision to buy tickets for a number of reasons, one being that I travel 2 1/2 hours one way to get to the game. Once I decided that was not an issue for me and went to but the tickets all the "cheap" ones were sold out. The reason why I say "cheap" is that was the number one factor I was looking for. I ended up in Sec 105 since they were the best view for the price available. I do not recall at that time reading anything about rules for sitting or standing so it was never soemthing I ever considered to be a factor.
Once that first season began a few of us started to try and get something going by standing and cherring and it has evolved since then.
I do not have any desire to get tickets in the south end and I have my reasons for that. I would like to remain where I am since I have made many good friendships there. I guess from now on I will have to take my lumps and remain seated unless an alternate solution is found.
Cheers

Walnut
04-14-2009, 09:51 AM

Rudi -- As I said, I am going to sit down and be well behaved. Perhaps, when you went into your masters of the universe mode you missed that in my post...? Try and pay attention :)

rocker
04-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Rudi -- As I said, I am going to sit down

where'd you say this? I can't find the post. Instead I find a lot of lame sarcasm. Since sarcasm about sitting down does not indicate a truthful statement about sitting down, then I'll believe it when I see it.

p.s. don't come in my section (125). I prefer to sit and only stand when the team makes me want to stand (goals, for example).

I don't want to be a standing robot like you, who stands "just because". If you want to be a standing robot, who stands and chants every moment because he can't understand the ebb and flow of a game, the ebb and flow of emotion, then go to the appropriate section.

olegunnar
04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Not taking sides
Still I think this is a very interesting thread.

First off we can see clearly the new strategy of security.
1) no warnings

2) low visibility expulsions -no scenes in the stands (like at a bar when as a bouncer you're taught to ask people to go outside where it's quieter so they can tell you their side of the story, then shut the door on them).

3) some sort of communication between the staff and the boss. The boss was told there were blown kisses and hand gestures and that's why the expulsion.

4) you can get kicked out arbitrarily. Seems to me like it was just 104/105 people griping about this. What about the people standing in other sections? Any stories of this happeneing to them?

Some other things that I think are interesting.
a) this situation seems out of the blue and random, was it because of a text??

b) and most importantly in my opinion, there seems to be no consideration for the past 2 years of behaviour and patterns. It's as if this year is the first year/clean slate.

c) has there been any confirmation or coroboration of the blown kisses/hand gestures? There seems to be two opposing stories here. Was it a story made up to justify the expulsion?

d) the total lack of solidarity between supporters on this board. wtf? It's a I got mine kind of attitude, not all for one. I guess certain people don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Oh well, the silver lining is there won't be anymore stupid East Side Stand Up chants.

The moral of the story I gleened from all of this?
Don't piss at halftime or else the gestapo will kick you out and make up a case against you. Stay at your seat!
And if they do try and kick you out...make a scene they seem to be loathe to create scenes.

Walnut
04-14-2009, 10:10 AM
where'd you say this? I can't find the post. Instead I find a lot of lame sarcasm.

Does this help....?

No singing, no chants, no clapping, no nothing. Just sitting and watching.

Rudi
04-14-2009, 11:08 AM
And I hope all the 'you knew the rules when you bought the tickets' people are perfectly fine with scalping. Scalping is perfectly legal, as is MLSE kicking people out for standing.
Way to move the goal posts there.

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/photo/image/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Rudi
04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Rudi - I was not going to reply to your post since I do not want to get into a pissing contest with you(I will probably loose) but I would like to make a couple of points.
1) The person who statred this thread did so to voice his concerns about what he and some others perceived to be heavy handed security at the game last Saturday. He did not mention anything about the right to sit or stand, he just wnated to state that it was not a very enjoyable experience and something that appeared to happen out of the blue. A few of us in this section have been standind and cheering since day one(rightly or wrongly) with no issues and same for the opening game against Seattle(with the new security firm). I only recall one occasion when I personally was told I was blocking someone's view and on that occasion I swapped seats and everything was fine. I guess we were taken off guard and were surprised that they were being so forceful with little warning.
2) Regarding your comment about not getting out tickets soon enough. I am sure that several people in my section have a number of reasons as to why they ended up sitting where they did. I for one took a little time making a decision to buy tickets for a number of reasons, one being that I travel 2 1/2 hours one way to get to the game. Once I decided that was not an issue for me and went to but the tickets all the "cheap" ones were sold out. The reason why I say "cheap" is that was the number one factor I was looking for. I ended up in Sec 105 since they were the best view for the price available. I do not recall at that time reading anything about rules for sitting or standing so it was never soemthing I ever considered to be a factor.
Once that first season began a few of us started to try and get something going by standing and cherring and it has evolved since then.
I do not have any desire to get tickets in the south end and I have my reasons for that. I would like to remain where I am since I have made many good friendships there. I guess from now on I will have to take my lumps and remain seated unless an alternate solution is found.
Cheers
This is a reasonable post.

That said, the posts I first replied to were not. See the difference?

rviewmirror
04-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I can understand where the guys in 105 are coming from. I had seasons in 105 the previous 2 years but decided to move to 119 (a new supporters section) to get into a more enjoyable atmosphere. It has been decent, but not great (just my thoughts on the first 2 matches in 119 from the top half of the section).

anyways, there is a decent group of supporters in 105 that enjoy supporting the team and chanting. Yes, they have been pretty much allowed to stand for 2 years, but I was also behind them for those two years and could hear all the whining by soccer moms wanting them to sit. These supporters are WAAAYY over matched by fans wanting to sit and watch the game......that is the reason security is enforcing this rule this year. They did give everyone the opportunity to relocate like I did. However, I also know that these fans all have become friends and enjoy sitting next to each other cheering/chanting (so why switch when the team has allowed them to become what they had). It would have been tough for them to relocate as they would no longer be sitting next to each other.

Tough one, I understand the rules, but I also see where these guys are coming from.

Note, I enjoyed singing with them the last couple of years, but never became friends with them, so it was easy for me to relocate as I could find similar atmosphere in a supporter section without the hassle from behind.

Also, for all others calling them whiners...given them a break! The team's taking away something they enjoyed and were allowed to do in the past...its a tough break if this is the new reality.

Oh yeah...good luck asking them to sit down when Away supporters are there.....It gets really heated at times going back and forth...and actually frustrating to hear them outsing everyone (yes, from 105 they sound like they outsing our home supporters).

ilikemusic
04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Way to move the goal posts there.

I just find the amount of 'you knew the rules' people in here to be fairly ironic considering all the complaining that goes on about everything else (streamers, beer, chant co-ordination. lack of atmosphere, scalping, etc..).

Its especially bad considering what was already explained. 105 were cheap seats and nobody bought them two years ago thinking 'I hope I wont be allowed to stand up in a couple years'. Considering 105's opposite, where the NEE are, essentially forced itself on MLSE and BMO field management (and kudos to them for doing so), I think it is ridiculous that 105 is not a standing section.

Any section that was ever in the same price bracket as the super-designated 'supporters section' should be given equal rights.

Maybe I went a little far in my initial post, but i've had tickets in 105 a few times (granted, not since season 1) and I can imagine how miserable the game day experience is sitting in that corner. Not only are you forced to sit there like a chump, but drunk 'supporters' will stop while walking by there and start taunting/chanting at you for sitting down and not singing.

Combine that with the away support that is sometimes there, and youve got one miserable fucking game day experience.

Any section that TFC defignates as 'no standing' (and 'intermittent standing as on field action dictates' does not count as standing) should be free reign for scalping. Anybody being told to sit down isnt going to be capable of adding anything to the atmosphere anyways, so scalp away! I feel awful for anybody who is stuck in that section.

(and how quickly the RPB forget that some of their own were once stranded in 105).

Walnut
04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Also, for all others calling them whiners...given them a break! The team's taking away something they enjoyed and were allowed to do in the past...its a tough break if this is the new reality.

Oh yeah...good luck asking them to sit down when Away supporters are there.....It gets really heated at times going back and forth...and actually frustrating to hear them outsing everyone (yes, from 105 they sound like they outsing our home supporters).

I do not understand the name calling, really -- I do not! There seems to be a serious lack of camaraderie. I have followed football for as long as I was aware of the sport, and have not - until now - experienced this kind of elitist mentality or devoted adherence to 'the rules'.

When Chicago came to visit last season, and tried their very best to out sing TFC it was not the 'supporters' who shut them up, it was section 104 / 105 who stood shoulder to shoulder and made more noise.

When Columbus come to town on May 2nd -- you can be sure they will be in full song, and looking to be as belligerent as possible. It will be up to 104 / 105 AGAIN to silence them, and remind them that this is our house.

What I would have expected, is for some support from the 'supporters' in dealing with the away fans -- and even perhaps some encouragement. Instead, the 'supporters' are telling me to obey the rules, stop whining, and sit down.

ExiledRed
04-14-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't want to be a standing robot like you, who stands "just because". If you want to be a standing robot, who stands and chants every moment because he can't understand the ebb and flow of a game, the ebb and flow of emotion, then go to the appropriate section.

I have to say, this is the first time I've seen someone award themself an air of superiority and claim better understanding of the game, merely because they sit down at games.

But what do I know? I'm just a standing robot, from the standing robot section.

torontocelt
04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Has anyone actually looked at map of the stadium and seen the amount of supporters sections in the cheap areas? If 105 were to become a supporters section this would mean that only 104 would be an all sitting area in the cheap section in that stand. The only other areas in the stadium where you could sit cheaply would be sections 226, 227, 219 and 220. When people are talking about supporters sections they have to understand that they already have the majority of cheap areas as standing, now surely people must appreciate that not everyone who wants to sit wants to pay for expensive tickets to do so? If section 122 or 124 ie the expensive sections were supporters sections would everyone who wants to stand be queing up for season tickets, probably not?

ginkster88
04-14-2009, 11:52 AM
^ Dude makes a good point.

AL-MO
04-14-2009, 11:54 AM
When Chicago came to visit last season, and tried their very best to out sing TFC it was not the 'supporters' who shut them up, it was section 104 / 105 who stood shoulder to shoulder and made more noise.

When Columbus come to town on May 2nd -- you can be sure they will be in full song, and looking to be as belligerent as possible. It will be up to 104 / 105 AGAIN to silence them, and remind them that this is our house.

Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

spark
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM

HAHA WTF!? - Hey everyone in the south end this guy thinks you're all a bunch of robots who don't understand the ebb and flow of a game. All the people who are sitting and getting up 5X a game to get beer and nachos and snacks - those are the REAL FANS, who understand the game!

ilikemusic
04-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Has anyone actually looked at map of the stadium and seen the amount of supporters sections in the cheap areas? If 105 were to become a supporters section this would mean that only 104 would be an all sitting area in the cheap section in that stand. The only other areas in the stadium where you could sit cheaply would be sections 226, 227, 219 and 220. When people are talking about supporters sections they have to understand that they already have the majority of cheap areas as standing, now surely people must appreciate that not everyone who wants to sit wants to pay for expensive tickets to do so? If section 122 or 124 ie the expensive sections were supporters sections would everyone who wants to stand be queing up for season tickets, probably not?

Could standing sections not be otherwise described as 'obstructed viewing'?

If they can (and I would say they can) then does it not make perfect sense that they be the cheapest seats?

Does it not make sense that people who want to sit down and not have to worry about obstructed viewing would pay a premium for that privilege?

Isnt the principle behind having cheap seats designated 'supporters sections' that you want those people in those seats to bring atmosphere and not have to worry about fielding complaints about flags/standing/cursing/being loud?

I dont think you make a very good argument that 'there should be some cheap seats that arent standing sections'. If you want to sit down and not worry about obstructed viewing, you pay a premium for that.

Walnut
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM

Sorry -- you are right. I forgot that we are not 'supporters', so there is no possible way we could have done anything 'supporter' worthy.

LOL

ilikemusic
04-14-2009, 12:00 PM

What exactly are you trying to say?

Have you ever been in 105 while there was vocal away support?

ginkster88
04-14-2009, 12:03 PM

If they can (and I would say they can) then does it not make perfect sense that they be the cheapest seats?

Does it not make sense that people who want to sit down and not have to worry about obstructed viewing would pay a premium for that privilege?

Isnt the principle behind having cheap seats designated 'supporters sections' that you want those people in those seats to bring atmosphere and not have to worry about fielding complaints about flags/standing/cursing/being loud?

I dont think you make a very good argument that 'there should be some cheap seats that arent standing sections'. If you want to sit down and not worry about obstructed viewing, you pay a premium for that.

Ridiculous. You sound like you don't even want non-supporters in the building.

ilikemusic
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Ridiculous. You sound like you don't even want non-supporters in the building.

Granted I dont know the exact prices this year (as they go up every year) but it isnt like supporters section seats (the cheapest available) are the only affordable seats. I had seats in 120 last year that were $30 and everybody sat down.

I doubt $30 is pricing anybody out of the stadium.

And I could say the opposite to you and your argument for cheap seating sections. Sounds like you dont even want supporters in the building. Maybe I would like to sit down in the south end because theyre the only seats I can afford. Shouldnt I be allowed to do so?

brad
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM

This is actually true. I can assure you, as someone who has sat at the top of 105, 40 feet from the away supporters section from day 1 - we can barely hear the supporters end, the sound does not travel that well.

Those in the supporters end that think they are drowning out the away fans in any way, shape or form are completely wrong. Please don't take this the wrong way, it's not intended as a criticism or anything. It's simply the truth.

ginkster88
04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
And I could say the opposite to you and your argument for cheap seating sections. Sounds like you dont even want supporters in the building. Maybe I would like to sit down in the south end because theyre the only seats I can afford. Shouldnt I be allowed to do so?

No, you couldn't. Supporters are great, but they have their sections. This is a RPB board, so the opinions here are obviously skewed, but the majority of the fans who attend the games aren't interested in standing and singing for 90 minutes.

And no, you shouldn't, because the South End is a designated supporters section, where you can stand as you like. 105 is not. If you want to stand, you move to where it is permitted. If you want to sit, you sit where standing is not permitted, like in 105.

Technorgasm
04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Look!!!

FC DALLAS are what we THOUGHT they were!!

thats how we took the damn field!

who treats the 3rd game of the sason like its Bullshit! Bullshit!!

Now, if you wanna crown'em. then CROWN their ass. .

but they are what we THOUGHT they were!!

and we lettem off the hook!

ginkster88
04-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Brad is exactly right. You can't really make out the songs if you sit anywhere past half to the north on the east side.

Rudi
04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry -- you are right. I forgot that we are not 'supporters', so there is no possible way we could have done anything 'supporter' worthy.

LOL
You're right, we should all feel a sense of camaraderie with an asshole like you.

No, you couldn't. Supporters are great, but they have their sections. This is a RPB board, so the opinions here are obviously skewed, but the majority of the fans who attend the games aren't interested in standing and singing for 90 minutes.

And no, you shouldn't, because the South End is a designated supporters section, where you can stand as you like. 105 is not. If you want to stand, you move to where it is permitted. If you want to sit, you sit where standing is not permitted, like in 105.
Bingo.

phonzo
04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure why we just don't move forward and past this thread. Everyone's tossed in their two cents and more including myself. Just look forward to next game, headhoncho has read the threads and talked with some folks on the side.

What happened Saturday happened, we move on and hope that both sides learned a lesson. From day one security has engaged this board and others I'm sure and made a point to say the first few games will be learning experiences for everyone. That was game two..I'm pretty sure we can stop stomping and pouting and move forward and see how Chivas goes. :)

Rudi
04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
(and how quickly the RPB forget that some of their own were once stranded in 105).
Wow, I just caught this now.

Was that actually directed at me?

spark
04-14-2009, 12:28 PM
You're right, we should all feel a sense of camaraderie with an asshole like you.

booooo

Rudi
04-14-2009, 12:29 PM
booooo
:drinking::D

torontocelt
04-14-2009, 12:29 PM

Yep, this is the biggest load of rubbish I have read all week that's for sure. So just to get this right if you want to sit and not stand then you should have to pay more? Why are the standing sections 'obstructed' viewing exactly, where is the obstructions in BMO Field? I take it by saying obstructed viewing you mean because supporters are standing then? So in fact people pay less in supporters sections because they have people standing in front of them? I don't think it works like that to be honest. The supporters sections are there becuase the fans requested them and they are cheap because they have the worst views of the pitch generally. They are not obstructed views and cannot be treated as such. An obstructed view is when you have a four foot wide pole in front of you holding up a roof, it is something that is the fault of the designers.

I really despair that you could even come up with such an insane argument.

Fort York Redcoat
04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
did you say roof?

spark
04-14-2009, 12:38 PM
:drinking::D

nice.

fyi usually when people can only retort with swearing it's because they have nothing intelligent to say or are trying to over-compensate for something. ;)

mucker2
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Saturdays Game was my first in person and I loved it! Our section was covered in shadow and got worse as the match went on but it was still great!

Walnut
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM

I know some people struggle with sarcasm, as they are never really sure how to deal with it, and it confuses them -- forcing them to revert to base name calling or profanities as they are not fully equipped to respond with anything approaching the same level of cunning. I am certain, however, that you are not one of those people.

We will have to respectfully agree to disagree -- that I am an asshole who does not deserve your camaraderie. I can only hope that one day I do... :(

ExiledRed
04-14-2009, 12:52 PM
nice.

fyi usually when people can only retort with swearing it's because they have nothing intelligent to say or are trying to over-compensate for something. ;)

Or maybe swearing is etched into their vocabulary.

I had this out with Blankenship. I claim that my swearing does not indicate a poor vocabulary or lack of intelligence. I have an inflated vocabulary because I use lots of words that non swearing people dont use, and I doubt that those people who think I'm unintelligent because I swear a lot can seriously challenge my grasp of the language, in either it's classic, or colloquial forms.

ginkster88
04-14-2009, 12:54 PM
^^ Yes. While I censor myself depending on my company, it is easy to make clear and intelligent, yet obscenity-laden statements.

shaggingscot
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM

I had this out with Blankenship. I claim that my swearing does not indicate a poor vocabulary or lack of intelligence. I have an inflated vocabulary because I use lots of words that non swearing people dont use, and I doubt that those people who think I'm unintelligent because I swear a lot can seriously challenge my grasp of the language, in either it's classic, or colloquial forms.

Exactly, you should have seen the look on my wife's face the first time she met my grandad. He's priceless, can use the word cunt to mean anything in the world.

torontocelt
04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
did you say roof?

Sure did but I obviously wasn't making reference to BMO field, rather Parkhead where once I sat behind a two foot wide pillar for an hour and a half for the privilege of the equivalent of $65 or so. It was awesome.

Sonny Cheeba
04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
^^
it's really just a gift that scottish people have.

some people here think that the word cunt rips their spine out or something. some of the reactions you get.

it's the first word a wee shite learns over there.

ExiledRed
04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
^^

some people here think that the word cunt rips their spine out or something. some of the reactions you get.

I used to have a saying in England.

"If you can't call a man a cunt, you can't call him your friend"

Walnut
04-14-2009, 01:05 PM
^^

I can just imagine it -- "I want a deep fried mars bar mummy, yoo cunt!"

spark
04-14-2009, 01:09 PM

Never said I don't swear. Just implying that instead of actually trying to think of something clever to say or intelligently reply to what someone says it is easier to just cuss it out.

You know - someone gives it to you and all you can come back with is "yeah ... well ... you're a dickhead!"

It's just like - wow. Well thought out.

Roogsy
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
OK guys cool it or we will close this thread down.

Remember that name-calling is enough to infractions or even bans. There has been some name-calling on both sides of the issue here and if it continues we will be handing out infractions and bans.

Disagree? Fine. But don't cross the line.

denime
04-14-2009, 01:36 PM
The lowest point from last game was when some "hardcore" fans in 104/105 tried to start the wave and get even pissed that no one followed.
Other than yeah it was cold,and we dropped 2 points but who caaares anyway. ;)

trane
04-14-2009, 01:38 PM
^ they try to start the wave every game in 104/105 it is fucking annoying. The security seems to be on the look out for "standers" in the section, which is also annoying.

olegunnar
04-14-2009, 01:43 PM
The lowest point from last game was when some "hardcore" fans in 104/105 tried to start the wave and get even pissed that no one followed.
Other than yeah it was cold,and we dropped 2 points but who caaares anyway. ;)

Hows that any different from the "hardcore" drunks at the top of 111 who try to start "oh when the reds" 30 times a game?

Lets not throw stones at each other here.

Dave67
04-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this whole supporter/standing section debate goes out the window when the stadium is expanded? I think the expansion will lead to the South end being enlarged and the current supporters groups being offered the choice to move in or sit down.

I don't see the South end being expanded and people in say 111 & 110 having the 'right' to stand.

brad
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
^ they try to start the wave every game in 104/105 it is fucking annoying. The security seems to be on the look out for "standers" in the section, which is also annoying.

What's more annoying is that they seemed to be so focused on that that missed things like the punk kids in scalper seats in front of me that spent all match throwing beer and variouss other things at people other people.

Rudi
04-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Spot on.

I find it humourous when people claim that I have a poor vocabulary. Having worked on and off as an editor for years now, claims like these make me laugh.

Rudi
04-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Anyway, this thread has lost its luster.

Back to semi-lurking.

Phil
04-14-2009, 02:24 PM
This thread has run its course, going to close it before it flares up into something else again.