PDA

View Full Version : O'Brien White: Our Ace In The Hole?

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 07:12 PM
With the combination of a) lack of production from our striker-core, and b) the incredible emergence of our two rookies as above-average starters, I was just wondering if anyone else is pretty excited about the potential of O'Brien White, when he gets his first playing time this summer?

Clearly Mo had good reason to use our highest pick, to draft a striker with a crippling ACL injury. What do you expect from White?

- Scott

billyfly
04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow Shakes, you and Tobor going at it for most threads. Good on ya.

I hope that White is an "ace in the hole" so to speak but without having seen him play I don't know enough to give any opinion.

H Bomb
04-11-2009, 07:15 PM
yeah can we just create a Post Dallas Clusterfuck thread to put all these threads in?

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
This thread isn't related to the post-match stuff. It's a separate topic.

@ billyfly: Nah, just the two for me. :D

- Scott

werewolf
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
after an ACL injury, its going to be awhile before he is back to near his full potential. (next season)

Dirk Diggler
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
My expectations of him are very low. I'm not expecting him to do anything worth mentioning this season. It will be tough for him to recover from the injury and play at his very best in a completely new league. He will need quite a bit of time to not only get into game shape but also adjust to the professional game.

InTheCrowd
04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Considering nothing has been happening up front (oh how hopeful our first game looked), White may be our only chance at goals.

P.S - He wasn't our first pick Shakes, he was our second. Cronin was our first.

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
after an ACL injury, its going to be awhile before he is back to near his full potential. (next season)

Didn't they say a while back, that they expected him to be ready to play by July?

Or do you mean, it'll take until next season for him to truly be "100%"?

- Scott

Dirk Diggler
04-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Didn't they say a while back, that they expected him to be ready to play by July?

Or do you mean, it'll take until next season for him to truly be "100%"?

- Scott

He meant 100% in terms of potential.

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Considering nothing has been happening up front (oh how hopeful our first game looked), White may be our only chance at goals.

P.S - He wasn't our first pick Shakes, he was our second. Cronin was our first.

Shit you're right. I had forgotten. :D

- Scott

Nuvinho
04-11-2009, 07:37 PM
our ace in the hole...............Play Vitti with DeRo..........done!!!

TFC FORZA RPB
04-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I truly hope white will be our ace in the hole, but sooner rather then later

mclaren
04-11-2009, 09:07 PM
With the combination of a) lack of production from our striker-core, and b) the incredible emergence of our two rookies as above-average starters, I was just wondering if anyone else is pretty excited about the potential of O'Brien White, when he gets his first playing time this summer?

Clearly Mo had good reason to use our highest pick, to draft a striker with a crippling ACL injury. What do you expect from White?

- Scott

If we're staking our season on O'Brien White, God Help us. Not to say he isn't a good player, but we shouldn't be in the situation where he is our saviour.

Jack
04-11-2009, 09:13 PM
If we're staking our season on O'Brien White, God Help us. Not to say he isn't a good player, but we shouldn't be in the situation where he is our saviour.
Amen to that!

billyfly
04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
This thread isn't related to the post-match stuff. It's a separate topic.

@ billyfly: Nah, just the two for me. :D

- Scott

Tobor -4
Scott -2

Redpunkfiddle
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
We have already started to stake our season on a 17 year old - why stop there?

Really, O'Brien should be kept off for next year.

Yohan
04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
ace in the hole is an unproven striker coming off injury? not to mention he wont play until july?

oh boy! i am so full of hope now!