PDA

View Full Version : Amado Guevara tries too hard (last one, I promise)

TOBOR !
04-11-2009, 06:03 PM
...man, good footwork, skill, playmaking ability, etc... but if he could just make the easy play for once. There - Wynne gets it to Robinson who flicks it to Guevara who.. where the fuck's he going ? Jimmy was making a run - or Ibrahim was wide open (okay - to be fair he might not want to pass it to Fuad... Fuad ? I thought it was Abbe. How many teenaged Ibrahims are on this squad anyway ? Where was I ?) - Guevara has turned it back into the middle, he steps on it, he's lost his balance - oh, and Dallas has it (or whatever it was that Nigel said).

Really, though. He needs to take the first option sometimes.

That is all.

LucaGol
04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Amado Guevara is the most creative player on our team, but is a mediocre attacking midfielder when compared against similar players in the league.

Note to Amado, if you're going to be a poor man's Juan Roman Riquelme (slow as ass but great vision for those not up to speed on the comparison) ... you have to make sure you bring the good passing and invention every game. Otherwise you're having no impact on the outcome.

Keyman
04-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Amado Guevara does not make his teammate's better. He's the type of player that thrives when surrounded by players who play a similar style, and are at the same skill/creativity level as he is. However, it's clear that when forced to play with the likes of Chad Barrett, Rohan Ricketts, Danny Dichio, etc., he's not comfortable and therefore does not play up to his potential.

ensco
04-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Great player. Didn't have a good game. Still better than most of our guys today.

Nuvinho
04-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I think he needs to be a bit more selfish......he tried to pass too much today. He has a wicked shot, he should of shot on a few opportunities, instead of passed.

rocker
04-11-2009, 07:19 PM
one prob I had with him today was not being quick enough on making a pass. I sit in 125 and a couple times he had Ibby wide open (and some others) but he held on to it toooooo long before making a decision.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
...man, good footwork, skill, playmaking ability, etc... but if he could just make the easy play for once. There - Wynne gets it to Robinson who flicks it to Guevara who.. where the fuck's he going ? Jimmy was making a run - or Ibrahim was wide open (okay - to be fair he might not want to pass it to Fuad... Fuad ? I thought it was Abbe. How many teenaged Ibrahims are on this squad anyway ? Where was I ?) - Guevara has turned it back into the middle, he steps on it, he's lost his balance - oh, and Dallas has it (or whatever it was that Nigel said).

Really, though. He needs to take the first option sometimes.

That is all.

In essence you are saying to water it down.... no I think like others have posted he thrives with other creative individuals... unfortunately this team has NONE. Amado was the best player out there on the pitch during the first half... by far.

Jamaicanadian
04-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm glad Amado is on our side!
I'd hate to play against him...others must step up to the plate, so to speak!!

TFC_Toon
04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm glad Amado is on our side!
I'd hate to play against him...others must step up to the plate, so to speak!!

Agreed, put some quality around him and he would shine week in and week out.

bhoybobby
04-11-2009, 08:08 PM
He showed no vision today & broke down plays in the final 3rd today, very frustrating watching him, worst game he's played yet. He needs to simplify his game, play the easy ball when it's there to be played

FluSH
04-11-2009, 08:11 PM
^^^
I think we were watching two different games... he was all over the plays in the first half. Robbo could have made it 2-0 with that pass by Guevara. There were plenty of examples.

TFC_Toon
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM
He showed no vision today & broke down plays in the final 3rd today, very frustrating watching him, worst game he's played yet. He needs to simplify his game, play the easy ball when it's there to be played

That could be said for a number of the squad though...

bhoybobby
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
^^^
I think we were watching two different games... he was all over the plays in the first half. Robbo could have made it 2-0 with that pass by Guevara. There were plenty of examples.

Sorry, Flush 226 was gonna lynch him in the 1st half, he ignored Ibbe & was the cause of breakdowns on goalscoring chances. He's a talent that's not getting it done. I'm sure he's capable, but he's lacking at the moment

torontocelt
04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
As I have mentioned before Guevera is way too inconsistent. A player of his quality in the MLS should be looking to produce every game, he should be looking to control games and often he does not step up to the plate. Personally I am looking for more from him and more from players like DeRo, they have got to be the players in the team who take the most responsibility as they are the most talented. There is no way I would say Guevera was MOM, that would go to either Frei, Cronin or Serioux who all had good games. It says a lot to me that the two players who have impressed me most this season are Cronin and Frei, both youngsters with no MLS experience. To me this doesn't seem right when we have players like DeRo and Guavera. Don't get me wrong I think DeRo and Guevera have performed adequately so far, its just i think that there is definitely room for improvement for both.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Sorry, Flush 226 was gonna lynch him in the 1st half, he ignored Ibbe & was the cause of breakdowns on goalscoring chances. He's a talent that's not getting it done. I'm sure he's capable, but he's lacking at the moment

Watch the highlights...

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=513

Amado is right in there in at least THREE possible scoring plays... first one is aruond 6:36 with the free kick that penetrates through... and the notable play is when he makes the charge with the ball finds Robbo, who makes the extra pass to Faud for that "shoe-in" that should have been a goal... The third one has the ball hitting the cross bar.... come on... I thought he played a very good game in the first half.

tfctillidie
04-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I thought Amado played well today..the only thing I was disappointed at was the quality of corners and free kicks he took...I seen better from him, but thats about it

apetimberlake
04-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes corners were very weak, the corner he took in the final few minutes from the west side was comparable to a beer belly mens league corner.

FluSH
04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought Amado played well today..the only thing I was disappointed at was the quality of corners and free kicks he took...I seen better from him, but thats about it

He took one horrible Free kick and that was because of the Dichio scuffle... I think it was more of "I'm going to get this one out of the way" It looked bad, and Dichio could have easily received another one... (yellow)

TOBOR !
04-12-2009, 07:50 AM

...which is essentially the same view as the TV camera angle when play moves down that end of the field. Flush, perhaps he looked okay when play was in the south end, or from the south end when the ball was in the north (from 112), but up close (from 226, or on TV) you could see he options and he often just didn't take them.