PDA

View Full Version : ... and Adrian Serioux !

TOBOR !
04-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow. This fellow has been the true diamond in the rough find for TFC. Okay - he was on our books before and we used him to get Ronnie O'Brien from FCD (at leat that's how I think it played out - I've been drinking and am too lazy to look too far into it), but witnessing his play, I'd rather we'd kept him and never heard of Ronnie or his knee.

I pretty much knew what to expect from Dero, and while he's been good he hasn't been as good for us as he was against us - no worries - all in good time. But when it comes to Serioux I wondered why we'd be so interested in him now when we weren't so much before. The evidence displayed before me is nothing but timely tackles and disposessions, good distribution, and today a great run downfield after starting a counter-attack (only to have to wander back to his own half as Guevara and Ibrahim ran out of ideas).

With him and Wynne in the back four, along with Jimmy, we're one decent defender away from, well, a great defense Gromit.

OneLoveOneEric
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I disagree. Serioux plays panicked football.
Just punt the ball into touch, or to a Dallas player. He gets the basics right, but the whole reason our team gets zero possession is that our centre-halves don't know how to play the ball forward when they get it.
He's average at best.

mclaren
04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Best Players for us today: Serioux, Cronin and Frei.

Carts
04-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Best Players for us today: Serioux, Cronin and Frei.

Add Ibbey to that list in my book...

Cronin solid...

Frei excellent...

Serioux did his job shutting down Cooper for most of the match...

Ibbey, held the ball and made things happen on the outside better than most of our vets today...

Tough result today... I'm down in the dumps right now...

Carts...

Keyman
04-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Just punt the ball into touch, or to a Dallas player. He gets the basics right, but the whole reason our team gets zero possession is that our centre-halves don't know how to play the ball forward when they get it.
He's average at best.

Yup, completely agree.

MUFC_Niagara
04-11-2009, 06:31 PM
since when do "mods" start useess threads after matches? yikes, things are going downhill fast this year on here....

jabbronies
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Add Ibbey to that list in my book...

Cronin solid...

Frei excellent...

Serioux did his job shutting down Cooper for most of the match...

Ibbey, held the ball and made things happen on the outside better than most of our vets today...

Tough result today... I'm down in the dumps right now...

Carts...

Agreed

Northern Soul
04-11-2009, 11:54 PM
He's average at best.

Seriously? He punts the ball into touch when he isn't sure, and that's what a good defender does. Saying that, he started a couple of great counter-attacks with nice passes out of defense.

T_Mizz
04-12-2009, 12:11 AM
I thought he was great today he really made some great tackles and he shut arguably the best striker in the league down so I'd say he did well plus he threw in the goal didn't he? I can understand those arguements from earlier games but not this one

Pachuco
04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Serioux was a beast today defensively. He needs to stop learn how to make the easy pass though as we are coming out of our own end. He either holds on to it too long or punts it back to the other team. However, he defended extremely well today.

Ageroo
04-12-2009, 01:02 AM
His defending was great...recovered well when beat and seemed very confident on the ball as well....maybe a little too confident at times, but he gets the nod from me.

Heathen
04-12-2009, 07:36 AM
He's average at best.

when in doubt kick it out! the only times I saw him hoof it was when he was under pressure and had no outlet. Honestly I'd rather have a centre half who's decisive like that then a dilly dallier.

tfc007
04-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Ibby I thought did pretty good for his first start,Cronin great job,nice draft pick,Frei what can you say,for me the bestkeeper in MLS,hopefully we can take Dallas next week .

TOBOR !
04-12-2009, 08:46 AM
since when do "mods" start useess threads after matches? yikes, things are going downhill fast this year on here....

oo - er... sorry. I have let you all down.

From today forward I'll endeavour to offer only thoughtful insight and top-notch entertainment in my posts (and threads).

(note to self: do better)

:drinking:

Davenport
04-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Serioux for me is still a big question mark.
He's never got time on the ball......always the sign of a good player.

OneLoveOneEric
04-12-2009, 10:00 AM
when in doubt kick it out! the only times I saw him hoof it was when he was under pressure and had no outlet. Honestly I'd rather have a centre half who's decisive like that then a dilly dallier.

Then he must be in doubt a lot :)

I saw him hand possession back to Dallas in front of 114 at least 5 times in the first half....

cmonyoureds
04-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Serioux is a rock, he can't defend the whole back line himself. Many centre halfs will have an outlet pass to the sides, or his middle partner to relieve pressure. He has neither. I would rather see the ball punted up field or out of bounds than a short pass in the box to Harmse.

Ibbey should start in that same spot next week. Made many intelligent runs, the midfielders just didn't spot them/ didn't hit them.

BuSaPuNk
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
His distribution this weekend was alot better than the Seattle game. He especially was guilty of the punting up field that was going on all game. The Dallas game was a great display of his ability with the ball and shown that he can be involved with the quick counter attack just a good as Wynne can. And from what we have seen in our backline the more offence that can be generated the better.